Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

A Man and his dog posted:

OMG the Packers lost one game!

Lost Season

That was the worst football game I have ever seen, And I watched the 6-3 Browns-Bills game. Lost Season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The best bad thing was how the Packers would waste a time out and then immediately screw up the next play as badly as humanly possible. Strategy! :master:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

I expect Big Ben to look a lot better in a week than he did yesterday, so I have that as a loss. The Lions and Titans shouldn't even be able to play the Raiders close though.

The Titans defense is really good dude. They will be able to keep it close till they get tired from the offense never allowing them to get a break

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

The Titans defense is really good dude. They will be able to keep it close till they get tired from the offense never allowing them to get a break

So is the jets defense, and the raiders got TDs on their first 3 drives.

I didn't know the rapist is back already, so yeah that very well could be a loss. They'll miss Bell though, so it will probably be close. It really depends what Raiders D wants to show up.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dunno what is going on in Pittsburgh but a reporter took a shot of the stadium at the start of their final drive with like two minutes left in the game

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Is the stadium hard to get out of or otherwise a pain in the rear end to get from stadium to home for most people? Because that's what happens at Foxboro every game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

WugLyfe posted:

Is the stadium hard to get out of or otherwise a pain in the rear end to get from stadium to home for most people? Because that's what happens at Foxboro every game.

Beats me but it is really odd to see when a team is down 6 with the ball.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The Steelers fanbase didn't get known for being "well-traveled" by sitting still for 3 whole hours.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
The Ravens finally won another game, but lost Steve Smith for the season doing it. The most pyrrhic of victories. 2-14 and a top 3 pick here we come!

I haven't really paid attention to the Broncos this season, but i'm hearing you guys about their D this season. Is it really that drat good?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

E_Motion posted:

The Ravens finally won another game, but lost Steve Smith for the season doing it. The most pyrrhic of victories. 2-14 and a top 3 pick here we come!

I haven't really paid attention to the Broncos this season, but i'm hearing you guys about their D this season. Is it really that drat good?

It's pretty damned good

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nail Rat posted:

The Steelers fanbase didn't get known for being "well-traveled" by sitting still for 3 whole hours.

Judging by the Steelers fans I'm familiar with sitting is what they mostly do.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Texans won but still I give no fucks

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We are going to have two AFC wildcard teams at 8-8.

e: Updated through today.

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqapZaCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I went to sleep at 730 last night like a little bitch. Missing the Packers lose saddens me. Good job Broncos

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Goetta posted:

I dunno what is going on in Pittsburgh but a reporter took a shot of the stadium at the start of their final drive with like two minutes left in the game

Steelers fans are bad bandwagon idiots who turn on their team at the drop of a hat

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Volkerball posted:

i was praying we could get him in the second, but i knew in my heart we wouldn't. :sigh:

I thought he might last to us. That would have been a season saver. KJ looks alright so far for a rookie corner but still....

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I feel bad for Leveon, even if he's on my most hated rival he's fun as hell to watch. Hope it's not as bad as it looks. On the bright side you guys still have the second best backup running back in the division to step in.

I don't know why we weren't feeding Gio yesterday and if we'd lost I'd be pretty comfortable blaming Hue Jackson's playcalling. The first time all year Jeremy has been running like last year, and three touches total for Gio. Cmon son

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goetta posted:

Maybe they thought Bane was showing up.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It would be absolutely incredible if the AFC South doesn't send a losing team as its champion. I'm rooting hard for a 6-10 champ.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
In a way Bell being out makes the game worse for the Raiders since their run defense is seriously that much better than their pass defense (no offense to Charles Woodson).

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

In a way Bell being out makes the game worse for the Raiders since their run defense is seriously that much better than their pass defense (no offense to Charles Woodson).

Ben physically looked real bad. Maybe he will be a bit better next week but if they can get any pressure on him then he just sort of hurls it deep as he can.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Somehow, Seattle's offensive line didn't allow a sack to the Cowboys featuring Greg Hardy. Wilson took several hits after the pass, but no sacks? That's improvement.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That Shawn Williams pick was insane. Like I've seen that exact play about a million times. Ben escapes a sack, broken play, runs around like a loving oaf, inexplicably slings it for a back breaking completion. Pretty loving great to see it work out the way it did though :)

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao a football game experience is like 6 hours bros

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets came out flat and looked like they'd given up by the start of the 2nd quarter. They've now lost about 5 starters to injury in the past 2 weeks, starting qb Fitzpatrick included. I won't pin this loss on injuries though. The Jets defense was garbage today. They didn't force a single punt until the 4th quarter. Nobody on the entire team could tackle for poo poo, and most of the secondary just refused to cover receivers. The defensive line got barely any pressure all game, though when they did it provided the only form of pass defense the Jets could muster. LB Demario Davis got lost and/or missed tackles on several plays. The only defensive players I wouldn't give poo poo for today's embarrassment are Wilkerson and Harris. They played good football, they were always where they needed to be and actually tackled people.

On the offensive side, I actually don't blame the players too much. Geno came in and played well for a guy who missed the first month of the season and was given absolutely no preparation for today's game. Instead, I'll blame the coaching. They played ultraconservative football and completely hosed any possibility for Geno to make a comeback by holding him back for the first couple drives and refusing to go for it on 4th downs (especially damning considering how the defense was playing). They completely misused Ivory, trying to force him the ball when there was no time for runs, or trying to run by loading up the line with lovely linemen, leaving Ivory no room to actually run.

Also fire the special teams coordinator already. Zac Stacy is still somehow our kick returner, despite him having no speed or ability to stay on his feet. There were 4-5 perfectly returnable kickoffs today that the Jets couldn't take a chance on because Stacy is garbage. Maybe put in our speedy rookie Devin Smith since you won't even let him crack the lineup anymore for Kenbrell loving Thompkins.

The Raiders played well, and I don't mean to take anything away from them when I say the Jets played way below their ability today. I'd be happy for the Raiders return to relvancy if it didn't come at the cost of the Jets losing a big wildcard tiebreaker as a result.

The Raiders are playing well at the moment and it was rough to lose Fitz early in the game like that, but I'm going to put this loss on the secondary. Harris and Mo were everywhere like you say but even Richardson was hustling back to try catch runners the secondary just whiffed on. If your DL is doing a better job chasing open field runners than the safeties then something is fundamentally wrong.

Whoever #20 is needs to go back to safety school or whatever because he's just not good enough. The second and fourth touchdowns were just horseshit tackling, the second especially I mean jesus h you're the last line of defense, the guy has stumbled but is still up and you try to lamedick strip the ball instead of laying the loving wood what in the WORLD :argh: I didn't realise how much we'd miss Pryor after his injury but hoo lordy if this is what awaits us then get well soon buddy.

Carr was getting rid of it quick which negated the pressure, same as Brady. He put up a couple of floaters in the face of pressure but the ball got there anyway which is extremely frustrating.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

It would be absolutely incredible if the AFC South doesn't send a losing team as its champion. I'm rooting hard for a 6-10 champ.

Same

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Goetta posted:

Ben physically looked real bad. Maybe he will be a bit better next week but if they can get any pressure on him then he just sort of hurls it deep as he can.

As I said earlier, it was obvious he was maybe rusty and definitely playing still hurt. If he's less of a cripple this week he'll be a problem.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Raku posted:

As I said earlier, it was obvious he was maybe rusty and definitely playing still hurt. If he's less of a cripple this week he'll be a problem.

He really shouldn't have come back for this game.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

born on a buy you posted:

the seahawks are so bad. the cards are going to tear them wide open in two weeks

I can't wait for the Seahawks to expose the Cardinals as frauds

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Master Stur posted:

He really shouldn't have come back for this game.

There was no stopping him. We all know that Ben doesn't take "no" for an answer.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Thank god for bye weeks!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Rabid Snake posted:

I can't wait for the Seahawks to expose the Cardinals as frauds

Fraudulence begets fraudulence

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It's pretty cool that like three years ago we were in the midst of endless arguing about whether Wilson or Kaepernick were better and it turns out it doesn't matter because they both suck.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

NippleFloss posted:

It's pretty cool that like three years ago we were in the midst of endless arguing about whether Wilson or Kaepernick were better and it turns out it doesn't matter because they both suck.

Good old Jaws

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

Nov 6, 2002

Wade Phillips‏@sonofbum
Chicken Parm tastes so good-I like it especially with Cheese

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
theres actually people who think the cardinals are legit and not frauds? lol. look at the list of teams they have played its a list of who's poo poo

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

NippleFloss posted:

I'd like to see how any QB performs while running for his life Every God drat Play!

I'm not saying he is the best, but he's definitely not lovely

Edit: Wilson obviously

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Steve Spagnuolo ladies and gentlemen.

quote:

The Giants defense is on pace to give up 6852 yards this season- which would be 2nd worst in NFL history behind the 2012 Saints.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

Steve Spagnuolo ladies and gentlemen.

injuries have had a hand in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

injuries have had a hand in this.

i think it's too soon to point fingers

• Locked thread