Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

therealjon_ posted:

Keaton Batman is long gone, and this release looks to be hiking up his aftermarket value to $45 - $60.

Although you are good with paint. Get the video game appearance Batman which is going no where fast and paint it if you want a project.

I did this and it was really easy. Hardest part was the bat symbol and the fact that you will have to replace the cape since it's purple fabric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I might still have a Keaton Batman in the package, I'll check when I get home today. I know I still have the extra bluray so stands to reason its somewhere.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

Holy poo poo Hot Toys.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Travis343 posted:

I did this and it was really easy. Hardest part was the bat symbol and the fact that you will have to replace the cape since it's purple fabric.

Actual fabric capes in this day and age are something of a miracle...

Repainting the purple one does sound like a reasonable solution, if all else fails. I think I might have some vaguely leathery-looking black fabric lying around somewhere, from an old project.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

therealjon_ posted:

Keaton Batman is long gone, and this release looks to be hiking up his aftermarket value to $45 - $60.

Although you are good with paint. Get the video game appearance Batman which is going no where fast and paint it if you want a project.

I think there actually might still be some Keatons peg warming in my Tradesmart. I can look for everyone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They had 66 Batman and Ledger Joker in the back but able to purchase. For some reason the buy one get one half, so after the discount card they were 28 dollars.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

They had 66 Batman and Ledger Joker in the back but able to purchase. For some reason the buy one get one half, so after the discount card they were 28 dollars.

I went to TRU to grab a last minute halloween Octonaut toy for my daughter and saw a NECA rep putting them on the shelves. Only Joker and West Batman, unfortunately.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

I went to TRU to grab a last minute halloween Octonaut toy for my daughter and saw a NECA rep putting them on the shelves. Only Joker and West Batman, unfortunately.

No Man of Steel Superman either.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

I know it's unlikely but please tell me this isn't sloppy writing and there are actual haloween-themed octonaut toys.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I know it's unlikely but please tell me this isn't sloppy writing and there are actual haloween-themed octonaut toys.

Sloppy writing, sorry. She's Kwazii for halloween and lost her toy and heading to my work in an hour for tricke or treating, and wanted to show people who she is. Luckily all their Octonaut stuff is 40% off until today so I lucked out there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The NECA twitter guy says Reeve Superman is two weeks behind the others.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Here is a picture of the Joker with the Kenton Batman. Didn't use the flash which is why it a tad grainy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
So, using a Black Panther head cast purchased from one of the big casting shops online, I plan to try to make a custom Marvel Legends Black Panther, being that the Hasbro one goes for at least $75 online.

I've got an extra Vision (HB BAF) that I plan on using since I believe it's the same Bucky Cap body (minus the hands)

I've done detail paint on these things a lot, but I've never completely repainted a figure from head to toe like this. I've read some tutorials online. Any other advice for those who have maybe done something like this? The joints are the only part that worry me. Thankfully it's Panther, so the paint detail isn't too tough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShimSham posted:

So, using a Black Panther head cast purchased from one of the big casting shops online, I plan to try to make a custom Marvel Legends Black Panther, being that the Hasbro one goes for at least $75 online.

How stupid is it that the BP figure is only that expensive because of the BAF parts.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

BP is expensive because of the figure, not the BAF parts. People kind of went nuts when the movie was announced. Rockets can be had for like $25 - $30.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

BP is expensive because of the figure, not the BAF parts. People kind of went nuts when the movie was announced. Rockets can be had for like $25 - $30.

Is that recent then? I puled the Rocket part last year and sold the figure for $25 and thought I made out okay. At the time a complete RR was $100 on ebay.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Is that recent then? I puled the Rocket part last year and sold the figure for $25 and thought I made out okay. At the time a complete RR was $100 on ebay.

The recent GOTG 5-pack brought the BAF figure price down, now people are paying high prices for the figures, especially since Black Panther is getting his own movie and is in Civil War.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

The recent GOTG 5-pack brought the BAF figure price down, now people are paying high prices for the figures, especially since Black Panther is getting his own movie and is in Civil War.

That's idiotic, spend $100+ for a 3 inch figure. And didn't they already announce a new figure for him?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

That's idiotic, spend $100+ for a 3 inch figure. And didn't they already announce a new figure for him?

Let me tell you the current collector scene is full of morons. Granted that entire wave was hard to find but too much stuff is way overpriced on the secondary market. I am kinda amazed Hasbro hasn't started a collector site that reprints certain high demand figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They are putting out so much product a year now they see no need to do the collector site thing when mass retail wants their stuff on the shelves really bad.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I got very lucky and found that entire Black Panther wave on clearance at a video game shop here in Singapore. At the time I was glad just to find Hawkeye and Wrecker, which were scalped into oblivion here.

I also got relatively lucky today and found Chameleon at retail, that waves been plentiful but Chameleon's always gone. I'm pretty excited about the next spidey wave, it'll be the first time since the GOTG releases that I've picked up an entire wave. I've just kind of picked through stuff this year, so I've got a Thanos who's legless.

Been rapidly playing catch up on the DC animated batman figures the last month or so, and I'm still running into occasional QC issues (My Poison Ivy came missing the crossbar that holds her stand together, and Batgirl came with two left fists) which sucks as it's the line I've become most excited about since TVC ended.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sooper Gila posted:

Been rapidly playing catch up on the DC animated batman figures the last month or so, and I'm still running into occasional QC issues (My Poison Ivy came missing the crossbar that holds her stand together, and Batgirl came with two left fists) which sucks as it's the line I've become most excited about since TVC ended.

I bought the Talon figure from the Capullo designer line a few months back and it came with two left thighs. It was the weirdest thing to gently caress up, and you almost couldn't tell anything was different except he didn't stand up well and if you looked close, the pattern on the leg was swirling the wrong way. I haven't bothered to replace it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Blackchamber posted:

I might still have a Keaton Batman in the package, I'll check when I get home today. I know I still have the extra bluray so stands to reason its somewhere.

Yup, I still have a spare with the bluray if anyone is still hunting.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Yeah, I've been collecting the BMtAS series and it's still plagued with QC issues. On the bright side, they've fixed the issue with breakage by switching to a less brittle plastic, but their paint apps are still pretty horrendous. This is a line I'd definitely buy from a comic shop over an online retailer. The extra expense will be worth not having to worry about this poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh and if you don't have your Batmobile you should snatch one up as Diamond sold out of them and they will very likely be hard to find in the future.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Is it 1/12 scale?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Is it 1/12 scale?

It's in scale with the DCC BTAS line (whatever scale they are). It has lights, sounds, seats two figures and has working seatbelts!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Rage posted:

Is it 1/12 scale?

On Fwoosh they had a review where they fit the NECA Keaton Batman, the Mezco 1:12 Batman, and a few other 6 and 7 inch Batman figures in there. They fit pretty well!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Good to know! Cause without an acceptable 1/12 89 Batmobile, this is my next favorite

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Just as a heads-up, in case anyone is considering buying the Batman or Superman Heroclix pieces from TRU as part of this lot: Don't.

They're way out of scale, not tournament legal, and not competitive. None of us Clix players can figure out why the hell they were even made, other than to appeal to Christmas-shopping Grandmas.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Red posted:

Just as a heads-up, in case anyone is considering buying the Batman or Superman Heroclix pieces from TRU as part of this lot: Don't.

They're way out of scale, not tournament legal, and not competitive. None of us Clix players can figure out why the hell they were even made, other than to appeal to Christmas-shopping Grandmas.

It seems like if you were a clix player you'd already know this, and you still might get it just as shelf filler.

If you weren't, this information wouldn't be useful because if you got it it wouldn't be to use but to collect because of the characters.

Buy whatever you want.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Blackchamber posted:

It seems like if you were a clix player you'd already know this, and you still might get it just as shelf filler.

If you weren't, this information wouldn't be useful because if you got it it wouldn't be to use but to collect because of the characters.

Buy whatever you want.

The heads-up is for anyone who's been thinking about getting into the game, and thinks this might be a good entry point - it's ... not.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Red posted:

The heads-up is for anyone who's been thinking about getting into the game, and thinks this might be a good entry point - it's ... not.

Well yeah... Just for the fact that if you are looking for an entry point getting something that's not part of a starter set (does it even come with any clix accessories like instructions?) it wouldn't be right.

Good looking out.

EDIT: the Reeve superman is available for presale on the WB ebay store, which I ordered. They are starting to hit eBay now for almost $100 bucks, and while I'm still going to be looking for it in stores, gently caress if I'm going to pay that inflated price.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 3, 2015

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Deadpool is here

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Some nerd purists might get pissy about this, but I love the liberties they took with Deadpool's outfit. I'm a sucker for practical looking super hero outfits that still maintain the original theme of the spandex versions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It looks a lot cooler in person. I like it.

But I'd rather wait for a movie version.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm curious if a movie version will happen at all. Last I'd heard from my friend who works in licensing, Disney put the kibosh on any Hot Toys from X-Men: Apocolypse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

I'm curious if a movie version will happen at all. Last I'd heard from my friend who works in licensing, Disney put the kibosh on any Hot Toys from X-Men: Apocolypse.

Someone said that earlier in this thread too.

They finally have one with some actual costumes and Disney puts the foot down.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Seriously! That Colossus looks so drat good too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I highly doubt there will be any 1/6 X-movie merch other than another Wolverine. There must be a pre existing license for Wolverine.