Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Josh Mccown still available :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Ugh my team.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Hey Bigfoot...your TE has been inactive for 3 weeks. Just FYI.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Eat my balls, Antonio Gates

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

Eat my balls, Antonio Gates

I believe he just did. :D

Thank God for that win. I really thought I wasn't going to win a game this year.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Sataere posted:

I believe he just did. :D

Thank God for that win. I really thought I wasn't going to win a game this year.

You got a trade proposal.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nawid posted:

You got a trade proposal.

Let me mull it over a bit.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Sataere posted:

Let me mull it over a bit.

Trade is set to expire tomorrow but I definitely want to do the trade (or at least one in that style).

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Well bigfoot, I feel bad for talking you into sticking with the league this year despite your busy life.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Did everyone pay up? I never checked.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I still haven't, because I'm a deadbeat. I get paid on Friday and I promise this time I will.

Nawid posted:

Trade is set to expire tomorrow but I definitely want to do the trade (or at least one in that style).

I like the trade, but I can't give up draft picks. I'm trying to unload talent for draft picks, because my team is so old and bad.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Quick question:

Who dey?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Anderron Shi posted:

Well bigfoot, I feel bad for talking you into sticking with the league this year despite your busy life.

:( I'm really struggling.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just send you an Amazon Gift Card.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I sent you an amazon gift card at some point. Lord knows if it was for this league or not since I'm in a ton with you :v:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

bigfoot again posted:

:( I'm really struggling.

Hope everything is alright.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Sataere posted:

I still haven't, because I'm a deadbeat. I get paid on Friday and I promise this time I will.

I like the trade, but I can't give up draft picks. I'm trying to unload talent for draft picks, because my team is so old and bad.

I wish you offered this trade a few weeks ago, not sure how much I benefit once my top dude returns.
EDIT: Sent another counter offer, no picks from you.

I also need to pay up.

Back in the wild card playoff spot but this week is brutal, most of my team is on a bye or injured.

Nawid fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 20, 2015

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

4-2-0
blaze it

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Its weird being in first place halfway through the year with how lovely my team was last year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

My team is weird. I don't hate it nearly as much as I did a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm going to end the year .500, despite being 2-5 at the moment and screw myself out of a top prospect.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Papes posted:

Its weird being in first place halfway through the year with how lovely my team was last year.
I think we're just finally getting over that lopsided Peyton trade as a league.

Really wish I did manage to trade into a top 3 pick this past draft, Gurley is already the best RB in the league and Cooper merits a start even on my ridiculous WR corps.

I was trying to offload Perriman but I guess he aint worth much at the moment, looks I just gotta stash him for next year. Hopefully he or Maxx gets me something out of this draft besides a Whisenhunted Mariota.

I was thinking we should change up the awards to reward every week of play for next year. This would further discourage tanking and encourage a lot more activity. Our fees would go up but I did the math and it could just be $70 a year and you are guaranteed to get something back with each win ($5 a win). I think this also helps out because we do two week playoffs and this rewards those teams that barely miss playoffs. Also, I want to ask if we want to stick with MFL. We've had some problems and it does cost money. Also, its goddamn confusing. I just don't know if Yahoo or whatever has the capability for this league.

Still gotta pay my fees.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Jake Locker was totally worth it.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
gently caress, should've started the Carr.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah my team is definitely aging out. I'm starting to think things would be better if Peyton retired and we had the Brock Osweiler Experience.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah my team is definitely aging out. I'm starting to think things would be better if Peyton retired and we had the Brock Osweiler Experience.
This is why I've been going BPA every draft, I needed to find my RG3/Big Ben successor and my eventual Gronk alternative. Pretty sure I solved the first with Carr/Mariota, praying Williams solves the latter, since I'm not sure Amaro makes my roster for next year.

By the way if anyone wants some of my bench dudes for low picks, let me know.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nawid posted:

This is why I've been going BPA every draft, I needed to find my RG3/Big Ben successor and my eventual Gronk alternative. Pretty sure I solved the first with Carr/Mariota, praying Williams solves the latter, since I'm not sure Amaro makes my roster for next year.

By the way if anyone wants some of my bench dudes for low picks, let me know.

I've been doing the same thing. Draft on value, trade on need. Unfortunately they're not really panning out. Glad that Doug Martin actually is doing something though. And I'm kicking myself for not picking up West earlier.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
The Willie Snead Experience

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've been doing the same thing. Draft on value, trade on need. Unfortunately they're not really panning out. Glad that Doug Martin actually is doing something though. And I'm kicking myself for not picking up West earlier.

Although I had a rough draft because I was out of the loop this summer, I've been trying to exploit what I thought were general bad draft trends (most obviously in our league the severe undervaluing of QBs). Also I don't think my team ever took a RB in the first three rounds dating back to the original draft. I rode Montell loving Owens and Marcel Reece to a championship. gently caress RBs.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Le'veon Bell tho

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

That D. Williams handcuff.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think the main reason I deserve to have a top three draft pick next year is that I started Jay Cutler over Drew loving Brees. :(

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Frgrbrgr posted:

The Willie Snead Experience

Ooooh, Jeremy Langford Experience.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Sataere posted:

I think the main reason I deserve to have a top three draft pick next year is that I started Jay Cutler over Drew loving Brees. :(

Tanking confirmed.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Tanking confirmed.

Cutler has had more weeks with better production than Brees thus far. I'm not tanking. I'm just bad.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Wow, Antonio Brown and DeAngelo Williams did work this week.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
This terrible Eagles-Cowboys game is deciding my match today. gently caress this.

I think it's a must win for me, my team has just been dog poo poo recently, all talent, no performance. So the only way to get that playoff spot is to get ahead of :3.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hey Beasley, thanks for having 0 points the last two weeks so I bench you. :a2m:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I guess bigfoot stopped playing?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I guess bigfoot stopped playing?

I set my lineup this week. Or at least I tried to. My team just hosed it and I can't find anything on waivers. I'm honestly trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bigfoot again posted:

I set my lineup this week. Or at least I tried to. My team just hosed it and I can't find anything on waivers. I'm honestly trying

That's cool, I can understand how that's rough.

• Locked thread