Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sassassin posted:

I play as the guys who make world-killing super-weapons, and then cry and blame other people when those weapons get used.

I also murder indiscriminately, except for the officers who send countless men to their deaths at my hand. Those I get good guy points for sparing.

Life as a Sith is probably a lot less confusing and morally indefensible. I should look into converting.

Bioware seem to have missed the point of the Star Wars.

Well we all appreciate you sticking with it for so long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eimi posted:

The Jedi Knight combat animations were very much based on the prequels choreography. Everything is ridiculously showy and low impact. As much as I love their idle pose, the fact that stuff like Sundering Strike or whatever their version of Vicious Slash is called looks so show offy and not like anything you'd do in an actual sword battle is :psyduck:

The low-damage, focus-building defensive buff Warding Strike is quite satisfying and aggressive.

I changed discipline to (DPS) Focus and it's uniques are a lot more wishy-washy and unconvincing than Defence.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah, playing the Republic questlines is pretty ridiculous. Every planet I go to I'm like "okay, what stupid superweapon am I gonna be dealing with this time?" And if I don't have to stop some superweapon I have to deal with a cthulhu (Taris, Tattooine, Belsavis, Voss). I'm starting to appreciate planets like Nar Shaddaa and Quesh more just because the plots there at least didn't fall into those categories.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I was missing one paladin each from Voss, Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa for the achievement. Ran 3 star fortresses and got all 3 :) That decoration you get for the cheevo is pretty cool.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hulk Smash! posted:

I was missing one paladin each from Voss, Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa for the achievement. Ran 3 star fortresses and got all 3 :) That decoration you get for the cheevo is pretty cool.

Yeah I need one from Nar Shaddaa and another planet, ran them a few times and always get the ones I already had grrrr

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sometimes I forget Quesh exists.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Sometimes I forget Quesh exists.

People that live on Quesh sometimes forget that Quesh exists.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bruceski posted:

Does KotFE have a "shove everyone in an airlock and give them 15 seconds to stop whining" button?

No, but it starts out with Lana pointing out that you're basically the biggest badass in the galaxy and that everyone should shut the gently caress up and listen to you. And if you play your cards right they mostly will.

Also, some of the character's complaints turn out to be well founded. Unlike in the base game where they're usually just assholes or annoying for the sake of being annoying (Looking at you, Sith Warrior companions.).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Bruceski posted:

Does KotFE have a "shove everyone in an airlock and give them 15 seconds to stop whining" button?

you have no loving idea what I would give to get the ability to space a companion

come here Ashara I finally found the perfect gift for you in this little room!!!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

For juggs or knights? Juggs have a pretty cool one, it's basically a happy gilmore golf swing.

I like that the Sith animations are less sword and more baseball bat.

go3 posted:

you have no loving idea what I would give to get the ability to space a companion

come here Ashara I finally found the perfect gift for you in this little room!!!

I hope the "Don't recruit Skadge" option is to shoot him right in the face.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Iron Tusk posted:

I hope the "Don't recruit Skadge" option is to shoot him right in the face.

I forgot that I was supposed to be recruiting Xalek, and sent his rear end straight to jail. I felt rotten when I had to explain to the Voss lady that he wasn't going to be hanging out with us.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Archonex posted:

Also, some of the character's complaints turn out to be well founded. Unlike in the base game where they're usually just assholes or annoying for the sake of being annoying (Looking at you, Sith Warrior companions.).

Oh sure, but Chapter 1 started as the setup to something big, Chapter 2 an interesting complication, and chapters 3-5 have been Zakuul 90210.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Koth is the loving worst, though. Literally pulls this poo poo

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've always felt there should have been a scene where the PC and Lana sit down Koth and Senya, then show a holo-recording of what happened to Ziost.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

I've always felt there should have been a scene where the PC and Lana sit down Koth and Senya, then show a holo-recording of what happened to Ziost.

I don't think they think that those are both the same Emperor.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

prefect posted:

I think they'd just think you're the crazy, wrong one, based on what Koth has said.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah I need one from Nar Shaddaa and another planet, ran them a few times and always get the ones I already had grrrr

The problem I have is that it requires a centerpiece hook when it looks like it would fit on a large. There's a lot of decorations like that.

This one is especially bad. It requires a large hook when it could fit on a medium narrow. Which makes it that it can't be pushed against a wall, where it makes the most sense to put it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

prefect posted:

Yeah I believe there's even a scene where Lana tells Koth look your bff emperor wants to eat everyone in the galaxy and he's just like pfffff nah that ain't him

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So what exactly does KOTFE lock you out of? Class story and companion quests, anything else?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

FordPRefectLL posted:

I think they'd just think you're the crazy, wrong one, based on what Koth has said.

Yeah, I mean, here's the evidence from Koth's perspective:

1. Something a Sith Lord who died five years ago vaguely intuited.
2. If the player's a Force user, they might have also sensed something.
3. A bunch of wacky hallucinations the player character had.
4. Lana's word for it, I guess? How did Lana know, anyway? I guess she just sensed it like Marr did?

All hearsay from like two people.

And then all of this is weighed against the fact that everything on Zakuul seemed pretty great until Valkorion died and his disappointing son became emperor and it was suddenly massacres and oppression left and right.

For Senya it's a bit different, since she can sense things through the Force and knew Valkorion personally and could tell something weird was going on-- his erratic periods of being withdrawn and inattentive (presumably corresponding to when he was taking an active role in the Sith Empire), the awful way he was raising their children, etc.

Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing how Koth's loyalty to the old emperor plays out on my character who's just agreeing with everything Valkorion says, and kneeling and accepting the emperor's power every time it's offered, but I've gotten caught up doing smuggler and inquisitor 1-50 so it might take a while. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's been a lot of questions about post Act 3 content, so I was thinking of adding this to one of the OPs - anyone have anything to add?

What is the story order of the game?

Here is an in depth guide to the "Story after Act 3". Since Planetary Sync is now in place, you can do the
post-Act 3 storylines whenever you feel like it as you will always get appropriate XP for doing the missions.

The basic flow of the story is as follows. All of the storylines are optional, but it's recommended to see the entire SWTOR storyline. For the sake of simplicity, I am not
including all Flashpoints or Operations. Note that the only requirement to begin KOTFE is to be level 60 - none of the previous storylines need to be completed, HOWEVER - you
cannot go back and complete them once you begin KOTFE so you have to decide if you want to see the stories or not.

Act 1-3 - Your individual class' storyline. Starts at Hutta/Korriban (Imperial), or Ord Mantell/Tython (Republic), and finishes with Corellia (Some classes have a
finale that takes place elsewhere).

Ilum - Picked up after the conclusion of Act 3, the storyline focuses on Darth Malgus and the conclusion of his storyline. Takes place concurrently on both Imperial and
Republic sides.

Makeb - The planet introduced with the Rise of the Hutt Cartel storyline, focuses on the planet Makeb which is rich with a resource called "Isotope-5", the mining of
which has destabilized the planet. Takes place concurrently on Imperial and Republic side, with different storylines. Many different quests including multiple Heroic
Missions, and introduced the first same-sex romance options (Girl/Girl on Republic and Male/Male on Imperial).

CZ-198 - The Czerka corporation is making it's presence known on this small planet. A quick storyline that includes a set of dailies, killing a Champion Mob and two
flashpoints. There is a storyline tied to it.

Section X - The storyline that began with the Imperial Planetary Storyline on Belsavis with the freeing of the Dread Masters from their imprisonment continues here, with
the corruption of a portion of the planet. A set of dailies along with a world Boss, also the beginning of the quest line to get HK-51 as a companion.

Oricon - The conclusion of the Dread Masters questline. A brief story that becomes a set of dailies and two Operations (Dread Fortress and then Dread Palace).
Completing the storyline will reward you with a Taun Taun mount if you hit "Legend" reputation status.

Prelude to Shadow of Revan - A set of four flashpoints (that can be done in 'solo mode') that introduce characters important to the rest of the expansions, along with
setting up the storyline of Shadow of Revan. Will reward you with a set of base gear good enough to begin the Shadow of Revan expansion. The first two flashpoints take place
at the same time for both factions as separate stories, with the 3rd and 4th being the same story for both factions.

Shadow of Revan - Begins at the Pirate planet of Rishi, with two Flashpoints (solo modes available) and ends on the moon of Yavin IV. The finale of Shadow of Revan can
be done as a solo mode fight against Revan, or as part of the final raid in the game as of now, Temple of Sacrifice. There is one mission per class that is different depending
on your class, but for the majority of the expansion the story is identical for both factions.

Ziost - Introduced with the "Rise of the Emperor" patch, a quick follow up to the SoR storyline that serves as the prelude to Knights of the Fallen Empire. A two part
story that turns into a set of dailies with a world boss and an instanced Operations Boss.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

There's been a lot of questions about post Act 3 content, so I was thinking of adding this to one of the OPs - anyone have anything to add?

What is the story order of the game?

Here is an in depth guide to the "Story after Act 3". Since Planetary Sync is now in place, you can do the
post-Act 3 storylines whenever you feel like it as you will always get appropriate XP for doing the missions.

The basic flow of the story is as follows. All of the storylines are optional, but it's recommended to see the entire SWTOR storyline. For the sake of simplicity, I am not
including all Flashpoints or Operations. Note that the only requirement to begin KOTFE is to be level 60 - none of the previous storylines need to be completed, HOWEVER - you
cannot go back and complete them once you begin KOTFE so you have to decide if you want to see the stories or not.

Act 1-3 - Your individual class' storyline. Starts at Hutta/Korriban (Imperial), or Ord Mantell/Tython (Republic), and finishes with Corellia (Some classes have a
finale that takes place elsewhere).

Ilum - Picked up after the conclusion of Act 3, the storyline focuses on Darth Malgus and the conclusion of his storyline. Takes place concurrently on both Imperial and
Republic sides.

Makeb - The planet introduced with the Rise of the Hutt Cartel storyline, focuses on the planet Makeb which is rich with a resource called "Isotope-5", the mining of
which has destabilized the planet. Takes place concurrently on Imperial and Republic side, with different storylines. Many different quests including multiple Heroic
Missions, and introduced the first same-sex romance options (Girl/Girl on Republic and Male/Male on Imperial).

CZ-198 - The Czerka corporation is making it's presence known on this small planet. A quick storyline that includes a set of dailies, killing a Champion Mob and two
flashpoints. There is a storyline tied to it.

Section X - The storyline that began with the Imperial Planetary Storyline on Belsavis with the freeing of the Dread Masters from their imprisonment continues here, with
the corruption of a portion of the planet. A set of dailies along with a world Boss, also the beginning of the quest line to get HK-51 as a companion.

Oricon - The conclusion of the Dread Masters questline. A brief story that becomes a set of dailies and two Operations (Dread Fortress and then Dread Palace).
Completing the storyline will reward you with a Taun Taun mount if you hit "Legend" reputation status.

Prelude to Shadow of Revan - A set of four flashpoints (that can be done in 'solo mode') that introduce characters important to the rest of the expansions, along with
setting up the storyline of Shadow of Revan. Will reward you with a set of base gear good enough to begin the Shadow of Revan expansion. The first two flashpoints take place
at the same time for both factions as separate stories, with the 3rd and 4th being the same story for both factions.

Shadow of Revan - Begins at the Pirate planet of Rishi, with two Flashpoints (solo modes available) and ends on the moon of Yavin IV. The finale of Shadow of Revan can
be done as a solo mode fight against Revan, or as part of the final raid in the game as of now, Temple of Sacrifice. There is one mission per class that is different depending
on your class, but for the majority of the expansion the story is identical for both factions.

Ziost - Introduced with the "Rise of the Emperor" patch, a quick follow up to the SoR storyline that serves as the prelude to Knights of the Fallen Empire. A two part
story that turns into a set of dailies with a world boss and an instanced Operations Boss.

I'd add a line after Ziost about finishing up any remaining companion, class and planetary quests before starting up KOTFE. There's a pretty big warning in game but I saw a bunch of people asking about it in guild chat the last few days.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

setting up the storyline of Shadow of Revan. Will reward you with a set of base gear good enough to begin the Shadow of Revan expansion.

The SoR expansion is pretty generous as well; I think you'll wind up with two full sets of good orange gear by the time you finish the story quests, so even if you blow off the flashpoints (not that I'm suggesting this) or take data crystals instead of gear, I think you'll be all right.

Another thing I would have wanted to know: save your data crystals; you're not buying equipment parts with them, but you are going to be buying companion gifts with them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

The SoR expansion is pretty generous as well; I think you'll wind up with two full sets of good orange gear by the time you finish the story quests, so even if you blow off the flashpoints (not that I'm suggesting this) or take data crystals instead of gear, I think you'll be all right.

Another thing I would have wanted to know: save your data crystals; you're not buying equipment parts with them, but you are going to be buying companion gifts with them.

Supposedly the prelude flashpoints no longer reward orange gear, just blue (with the same stats). Anyone know if SoR is the same?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Supposedly the prelude flashpoints no longer reward orange gear, just blue (with the same stats). Anyone know if SoR is the same?

I'm pretty sure I only saw green rewards from the prelude flashpoints; I took the data crystals every time. But I was doing them in solo mode, so it probably doesn't count.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I'm pretty sure I only saw green rewards from the prelude flashpoints; I took the data crystals every time. But I was doing them in solo mode, so it probably doesn't count.

Yeah, solo mode used to award a full set of orange gear (with green 162 mods). Progressing through SoR rewarded orange gear with 168, then 178 gear.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Last night, I did two thirds of Coruscant on my smuggler before I realized that Corso was unarmed the entire time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Empress Theonora posted:

Last night, I did two thirds of Coruscant on my smuggler before I realized that Corso was unarmed the entire time.

Yeah that's because they changed him to use a blaster rifle instead of a pistol, forgetting he had one of the greatest pistols in the game. The outcry was heard across the galaxy and they switched it back - the side effect being he has to manually armed again. :D

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Empress Theonora posted:

Apparently, Doctor Lokin doesn't start off with a weapon (or I didn't give him a weapon after the companion-gear-cleansing wave), so I wound up wondering why he kept running right up to the enemies in between healing me. :downs:

edit: Also, my brain hears "Lokin" in Brann Bronzebeard's voice, because I'm a horrible nerd. :cripes:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

prefect posted:

I guess it would be kind of like if someone came from zakuul and tried to tell you how darth marr is actually a world-devouring monster. You'd just be like "him? He's cool, you're crazy, you don't know him like I do"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I sat down this morning thinking I would just do Chapter 1 and I'm already at the beginning of Chapter 4, this seems a lot shorter than I was expecting -- I did marathon through 2 class stories and all the 50-60 content beforehand so my perception is probably skewed, though. Does this open up in any way?

I hope that you just have access to the remaining chapters as long as you're subscribed rather than some nickel-and-diming "You have to be subscribed when the chapter is released otherwise you're locked out and have to spend extra". I'll probably just see this content and then check back in a year when the story's done or whatever.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I guess it would be kind of like if someone came from zakuul and tried to tell you how darth marr is actually a world-devouring monster. You'd just be like "him? He's cool, you're crazy, you don't know him like I do"

Which is sort of the point of that scene with Koth, Lana, and Senya. No one actually knows the full truth of the guy.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I sat down this morning thinking I would just do Chapter 1 and I'm already at the beginning of Chapter 4, this seems a lot shorter than I was expecting -- I did marathon through 2 class stories and all the 50-60 content beforehand so my perception is probably skewed, though. Does this open up in any way?

I hope that you just have access to the remaining chapters as long as you're subscribed rather than some nickel-and-diming "You have to be subscribed when the chapter is released otherwise you're locked out and have to spend extra". I'll probably just see this content and then check back in a year when the story's done or whatever.

The 9 chapters take roughly 3-4 hours to go through, if you don't mash spacebar. Then there's a whole lot of rep grinding to do if you're into that.

They've said that you get access to all current chapters when you subscribe. i.e. If you lapse now and come back when they're at chapter 20, you'll get all 20 at once.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

The 9 chapters take roughly 3-4 hours to go through, if you don't mash spacebar. Then there's a whole lot of rep grinding to do if you're into that.

:eyepop:
It took me most of the weekend to do all nine chapters, so I might just play a lot more slowly than you do.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

prefect posted:

:eyepop:
It took me most of the weekend to do all nine chapters, so I might just play a lot more slowly than you do.

I didn't time it but that's how long it felt like. Might have been longer but I didn't agonize all my choices either. My thinking was basically "which is the option that will piss off the most people and give me dark side points?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I didn't time it but that's how long it felt like. Might have been longer but I didn't agonize all my choices either. My thinking was basically "which is the option that will piss off the most people and give me dark side points?"

Which, ironically, is how I live life. My DS score is like 10,523,255 at last count.

OOOH A SQUIRREL ON THE ROAD! 10,523,256!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

I played pretty casually and I'd say it took 5 hours tops. It took me 2 days to get to the end of chapter 9 but I also did the thing that I knew I was going to do where I started playing it one character, got 3 chapters in and said "NO WAIT I WANT TO DO IT ON THIS OTHER TOON"

Once you've seen the content and you're content to mash spacebar to get through on an alt 3-4 hours is about right, yeah. Probably even faster if you're good at the game

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

Which, ironically, is how I live life. My DS score is like 10,523,255 at last count.

OOOH A SQUIRREL ON THE ROAD! 10,523,256!

Medullah confirmed to be voting for Donald Trump.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Am I doing something wrong, or is it impossible to give Kira a single-bladed lightsaber now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Anyone else having trouble connecting to the servers?

• Locked thread