Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Isn't Acura just generic "Honda" outside of North America?

As in, isn't that a 2 door Honda Legend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nitrox posted:

Thanks for sharing, but it's a common car, even if you haven't seen too many of them. Sold under Acura in the US market if that helps your search.

There are 56 in the country, never seen one before today. Weird how they're common elsewhere.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Acura really isnt common outside the states ive found. Same with Scion.

Yeah they're North American sub-brands

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Can't snag pics since I'm on my phone, but I didn't think the US ever got a diesel E39. Canadian import maybe?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5287986039.html

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/5294089573.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

zundfolge posted:

Can't snag pics since I'm on my phone, but I didn't think the US ever got a diesel E39. Canadian import maybe?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5287986039.html

http://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/fs-99-525-tds-diesel-very-rare-usa-142836/

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

88h88 posted:

This is something I've never seen before ever...

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C676339

You have, it was just an accord. I had a 91 acura legend for my first car. Thing was awesome and I kind of regret getting rid of it because it needed a new battery/alternator and a new cv axle.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The Legend had no relation to the Accord. Hell, they didn't even share the same engine layout.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
It's the Vigor that's related to the Accord.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

88h88 posted:

There are 56 in the country, never seen one before today. Weird how they're common elsewhere.
Most Acuras were re-badged Honda "premium" vehicles for the US market back then. They are starting to spread around now. Not sure about that specific one.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

GokieKS posted:

It's the Vigor that's related to the Accord.

The early ones were just a trim of the Accord but the later models had the same crazy longitudinal fwd setup as a Legend, only with an I5 rather than a V6

Nitrox posted:

Most Acuras were re-badged Honda "premium" vehicles for the US market back then. They are starting to spread around now. Not sure about that specific one.

Same as Lexus and Infiniti (and like Acura not all the rebadges were actually of premium models)

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

How the hell is this worth seven grand?!

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Nubile Hillock posted:

It's special and genuinely rare?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's like Fiat saw the Yugo and went, "yeah, we can make this worse looking."

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

It's like Fiat saw the Yugo and went, "yeah, we can make this worse looking."

...except the 126 is cool and you're wrong.

The body line on the side running from front to back, the way the bonnet is a part of that body line, the way said body line sits with the wheel flares... It's loving cool, a great little minimalist design.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

It does have a nice stance.

I believe a Hayabusa engine is in order.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Nubile Hillock posted:

It's really not, it's a loving Maluch. These things are like a worse blocky Beetle and all over the place in Poland, too (slowly disappearing though 'cause they were rear end and nobody really cares about them)

This one is remarkably clean, I'll give them that, but not seven grand clean.

I remember my stepdad's friend had one. He's a giant dude and a PE teacher and watching him driving it is one of my funniest childhood memories- had his seat so far back I had to essentially sit sideways in the back seat :v:

He eventually upgraded... to a Cinquecento. We had one of these little bastards as a family car... for a family of four. I actually have fond memories of road tripping in it, ridin' four deep in a tiny Italian car, a stuck Stones tape in the deck, blasting Jumpin' Jack Flash 'till kingdom come.

What the hell is it with us Poles and tiny cars?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
My brother won't let me call this guy.

I have this ad and the engine I would want to put in it open in another window...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^^ you need to ignore your brother. Chase your dreams.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...gationFlag=true

Yes, I am sure it's in amazing shape with such low mileage and rife with dry rot but nobody in their right might would pay half what you're asking.

It's also quite possibly the most blue car I have ever seen.

quote:

Yes, believe it ! This Lincoln has only 20,762 kms on it. Everything on it is original as it was purchased from the factory. This car still has the original michelin tires the car came with new back in 1979. Nothing has been altered in any way - even the "Cartier" clock works. The paint is original and so is the windshield. Here is a list of the options this '79 has:
Unique paint stripes on bodyside and hood
Valino grain Landau vinyl roof
Color-keyed Landau roof insert (no Opera Windows)
Landau roof molding with integral Coach Lamps
Special hood ornament
Gold color grille bars
Bright edged fender louvers
Wheel lip/rocker panel moldings
Right-hand remote control mirror
Color-keyed bumper guards and bumper rub strips
Color-keyed turbine-style spoke cast aluminum wheels
Appearance protection group
18 ounce carpeting in luggage compartment and on
inner decklid
36 ounce floor carpeting in passenger compartment
Midnight Blue bucket seats in leather
Power Lumbar driver's seat
Padded leather seat-side shield and back shell
Seat back assist straps and map pockets
Woodtone applique on seat back trim
Padded leather-covered console and rear seat
fold-down center armrest
Umbrella
Tilt steering wheel with unique woodtone insert
and ornament
Leather-wrapped dash pad
Owner's plaque
Unique instrument panel applique
Speed Control
Power lock convenience group
Electronic AM/FM Stereo Search radio with Quad-8 tape
Special Cartier Digital Clock
Seat belt reminder chimes
Interior light group
Unique door and quarter trim
Bright trim on foot controls
Cloth-wrapped package tray and garnish moldings
Leather-bound owner's manual
Leather-wrapped tool kit
Headlamp Convenience Group
Interval-select wipers
Power vent windows
Illuminated Entry System
Michelin radial tires

Please view pictures for more detail - you will definitely be impressed with this rare classic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5297430712.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Looks like a great opportunity to run a massive airbnb scam. Look what they did to my 32 unit apartment building, those bastards! They said they were helping the poor!

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

GokieKS posted:

Gonna keep an eye on the listing (3 days left). Barring any unreasonable jumps in price, I'll probably have talked myself into it by the end. :D

Well, I did indeed talk myself into it, and so I won this auction for $6.3K: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Lexus-SC-300-/141813215521

Now to figure out what I'm going to do with it (well, next year, as winter's coming and I'll obviously still be driving the Saabaru).

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

GokieKS posted:

Well, I did indeed talk myself into it, and so I won this auction for $6.3K: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Lexus-SC-300-/141813215521

Now to figure out what I'm going to do with it (well, next year, as winter's coming and I'll obviously still be driving the Saabaru).

That's awesome, congrats! Gorgeous example of a manual SC.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

Nubile Hillock posted:

Oh look, a maly fiat. Short answer: it isn't.

My high school math teacher had one of these. He traded his Trabant wagon for it, which was a bit like trading syphilis for hepatitis. They're slow, cramped, smelly, and prone to breaking in new and exciting ways every time you turned the key and are on the whole some of the most wretched automobiles I've ever had the displeasure to ride in. It was a mild upgrade from the Trabby, though, because at least in the Fiat the fuel tank didn't sit on the engine.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
A tastefully modified 240SX on Ebay.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

GokieKS posted:

drat, you stole that - nicely done. Any rust?

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

blk posted:

drat, you stole that - nicely done. Any rust?

I haven't gotten it yet - it's kind of local, so I need to figure out when to pick it up. But the description and pictures would seem to indicate that it shouldn't be an issue.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
drat, that thing is pristine. Awesome car.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

GokieKS posted:

I haven't gotten it yet - it's kind of local, so I need to figure out when to pick it up. But the description and pictures would seem to indicate that it shouldn't be an issue.

These cars have much better rustproofing than the average Toyota, most of the panels have some kinda funky vulcanized film on the backside, there's good drainage for the most part (until the sunroof drain tubes clog up), there's factory rock guard (on mine at least) and the paint is pretty tough. Mine spent its first decade in salt hell Ontario and 5 years here (also pretty salty) and I've yet to find any rusty sheet metal.

You're gonna loving love this car. Mine still puts a smile on my face just about every time I drive it.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

All that work and a whole 40 horsepower more than a cat equipped SR20DET. Is that a Crown Royal shift boot?

And it's on megasquirt. Great.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR paint job. They built a paint booth out of one dollar bills.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a good paint job; but ten grand?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's always a Crown Royal Bag shift boot.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

Haha drat, I didn't even notice that part. No idea why you would ever spend that much on paint.

Edit: maybe they were really obsessed with making sure it didn't look like a drift missile.

VirtualStranger fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 4, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
If he didn't do any of his prep work at all, and none of the reassembly $10k isn't out of the realm of possibility

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Considering he bought the car this spring, I'm willing to bet that this particular seller actually didn't do the paint job.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Octopus Magic posted:

All that work and a whole 40 horsepower more than a cat equipped SR20DET. Is that a Crown Royal shift boot?

And it's on megasquirt. Great.
I hear the latest megasquirt is pretty good and easy to use. Also, flat torque curve is a wonderful thing.

A huge red flag is the fact that he bought it like that, added a 10k paint job and is now selling it less than a year later. When a car is sold with a standalone ecu, there should be a loving dyno chart, because that poo poo had to get tuned at least once. Or simply run on "default v8 map".

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

I just noticed what is probably a picture of it when he got it. I had assumed it was already modified by the previous owner.

If he got that thing almost stock, he should've just let it sit in a garage for a few years and sold it at a profit. He spent WAY too much money on a car he's selling less than a year later.

VirtualStranger fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I've seen a couple of 240s recently, both were like the above photo and looked like they just rolled out of the factory. It was awesome.