Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

when did continuity ever matter to anyone?

the developers of fallout are very serious regarding lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

wheres the new fallout happen

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

wheres the new fallout happen

boston, as everyone with a robo-brain predicted before obama was even pres

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Disinterested posted:

Broken down new oreleans with everyone looting

I wonder what historical event will be referenced here

Wouldn't New Orleans be underwater?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1585 - Sir Walter Raleigh organizes the establishment of a colony at Roanoke Island, North Carolina. The colony's purpose would be to make money to finance a privateer war on the Spanish treasure fleets. It didn't take very long for the settlers to start killing natives. With no supplies, constant attacks, and no promised relief fleet, it was disastrous. Sir Francis Drake arrived in June 1586 and allowed anyone who wanted to return to England. When Raleigh dispatched another 100 colonists in 1587, they found the colony abandoned. The captain of the fleet made the colonists remain behind in the empty colony. It took until 1590 for a relief fleet to arrive, and they found the site completely abandoned except for the word "Croatoan," the name of a nearby island, carved into a tree. No trace of the colony was found at either site.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

You have inherited the shrillness of zeitgeist without his occasional good posting . I'd reroll your stats

wow go gently caress yourself

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

I feel like folks asking for Miami and new Orleans are not thinking through the potentially disastrous racial politics of the ensuing game and ensuing posting about the game

I was actually considering that.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Gravel Gravy posted:

Wouldn't New Orleans be underwater?

Presumably the game's epic quest would involve dams and the football stadium

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Looking like The Dude is on par with "I came as myself for Halloween!!"

In fact, I just reached Peak Dude this year. Or Peak Lebowski. All of a sudden he's loving Captain Jack Sparrow in terms of popularity at the office Halloween drag contest. The Big Lebowski was a movie, and that's all it was ever supposed to be, but nerds can't stop humping poo poo that doesn't immediately reject them, or can't talk back, like movies, so here we are. Smack in the middle of an era where dressing as Jeff Bridges is shorthand for "I'm not a loving dork." HOW IRONIC THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS WHAT'S ACTUALLY TRUE

Actually, anyone over the age of 12 who dresses up for Halloween is a loving idiot. A pervert bent on supping as much approval as he or she can from their peers and betters. A creature who gains sustenance from such an act isn't human, it's positively loving primordial. They have more in common with catfish than you and I. And catfish can't run away. Or at least not yet. Make them watch The Big Lebowski enough times and their chromosomes might enact rebellion; grant them legs. Big, strong legs to carry them far away from people and their dumb ideas and movies.

I loving hate this person. I KNOW YOU DON'T CARE

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Disinterested posted:

Presumably the game's epic quest would involve dams

Levies?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

In fact, I just reached Peak Dude this year. Or Peak Lebowski. All of a sudden he's loving Captain Jack Sparrow in terms of popularity at the office Halloween drag contest. The Big Lebowski was a movie, and that's all it was ever supposed to be, but nerds can't stop humping poo poo that doesn't immediately reject them, or can't talk back, like movies, so here we are. Smack in the middle of an era where dressing as Jeff Bridges is shorthand for "I'm not a loving dork." HOW IRONIC THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS WHAT'S ACTUALLY TRUE

Actually, anyone over the age of 12 who dresses up for Halloween is a loving idiot. A pervert bent on supping as much approval as he or she can from their peers and betters. A creature who gains sustenance from such an act isn't human, it's positively loving primordial. They have more in common with catfish than you and I. And catfish can't run away. Or at least not yet. Make them watch The Big Lebowski enough times and their chromosomes might enact rebellion; grant them legs. Big, strong legs to carry them far away from people and their dumb ideas and movies.

So your Halloween weekend could've gone better I take it?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
btw jeb! bush said he had never seen the slides that got leaked until the press reported them lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jagchosis posted:

btw jeb! bush said he had never seen the slides that got leaked until the press reported them lol

ha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

boston, as everyone with a robo-brain predicted before obama was even pres

It's based on infinite jest??

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
the city or the show CSI: Miami?

eh actually they're both pretty cool (CSI: Miami in that deliciously cheesy goodness way)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

1585 - Sir Walter Raleigh organizes the establishment of a colony at Roanoke Island, North Carolina. The colony's purpose would be to make money to finance a privateer war on the Spanish treasure fleets. It didn't take very long for the settlers to start killing natives. With no supplies, constant attacks, and no promised relief fleet, it was disastrous. Sir Francis Drake arrived in June 1586 and allowed anyone who wanted to return to England. When Raleigh dispatched another 100 colonists in 1587, they found the colony abandoned. The captain of the fleet made the colonists remain behind in the empty colony. It took until 1590 for a relief fleet to arrive, and they found the site completely abandoned except for the word "Croatoan," the name of a nearby island, carved into a tree. No trace of the colony was found at either site.

Being one of those people would have been loving dread

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Berke Negri posted:

the developers of fallout are very serious regarding lore

have they explicitly said miami is a slow, sleepy retirement community?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

Being one of those people would have been loving dread

is that good or bad

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

fade5 posted:

the city or the show CSI: Miami?

eh actually they're both pretty cool (CSI: Miami in that deliciously cheesy goodness way)

the city

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

was it walter raleigh or francis drake who was a huge rear end in a top hat, even by the standards of the time

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

no but since the coke boom never happened and the bombs didnt land in the south what do you think happened

hint

its point lookout

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jagchosis posted:

I can't decide if it's sadder if this is true, or sadder if Jeb! is just transparently lying for whatever dumb reason

each scenario is sadder than the other one

the infinite sadness of Jeb!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

youre being very undude right now

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

I did not have relations with that PowerPoint

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
fallout in new york city would have to be really massive scale to be worthwhile.

probably not doable until we get to the next console generation and similarly improved pcs

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

was it walter raleigh or francis drake who was a huge rear end in a top hat, even by the standards of the time

Drake

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Literally The Worst posted:

no but since the coke boom never happened and the bombs didnt land in the south what do you think happened

hint

its point lookout

Point Lookout was loving crazy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

youre being very undude right now

some guy posted that in politoons

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

some guy posted that in politoons

ah, the Hans Asperger Gambit

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i dressed up as the dude once for halloween, it was fun and i got smashed on white russians, i highly recommend it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Point Lookout was loving crazy

i agree and would actually love a full game of that

instead of super mutants and whatever its just weirdos in the swamps, in cities that time forgot, that never had to be rebuilt from rubble

like little time capsules

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i dressed up as the dude once for halloween, it was fun and i got smashed on white russians, i highly recommend it

ive heard the Big Lebowski Inebriation Game is a good way to die

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

make me mod of the political cartoons thread, I will fix it

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Never again.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Actually hrm I'm not sure

I can't keep my loving buccaneers straight

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

make me mod of the political cartoons thread, I will fix it
would you purge day by day in full Stalin fashion?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the timeline diverges in the 50s so all the stuff in the 70s that sees Miami really take off never happens also the US government probably did do bay of pigs and leave Cuba a crater in the ocean to stop the commies

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

make them with less vodka and use milk instead of creamer and you are good to go

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fade5 posted:

would you purge day by day in full Stalin fashion?

for starters and then id ban everyone that had ever posed in the webcomics or newspaper comics mock threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Disinterested posted:

Actually hrm I'm not sure

I can't keep my loving buccaneers straight

Maybe you should stop keeping them out at see for months on end.

• Locked thread