Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I think one of the most incredible things about Onepunch Man is that, although Saitama is always definitely the most powerful there is, there's a constant increase in scale. First enemy, who might as well be the most powerful opponent in the series up to date? One punch, done. Then, after a series of short gag fights, Mosquito girl: she gets more plot than every villain before, surely this one will be a challenge to - oh, nope, never mind. But THEN there's the Kabuto dude, who's that much worse than Mosquito girl, and this time - hm. But now, there's the SEA KING, who slaughters a number of the most powerful characters in the series, a beast that just cannot be beat, more build-up than ever before, surely this must be - aaaand there he goes. But NOW it's Boros, with a giant spaceship, it's all-out war on Earth, it doesn't get grander than this, and holy poo poo Boros is fighting back, is this the actual fight Saitama wanted - oh, he was holding back.

That's how it keeps selling that same gag over and over. It's great. The reader is tricked into really tense fights again and again (and many not involving Saitama really are!), I love it. Going by that logic, I can't even imagine how insane Garou is gonna get. It's an entire arc dedicated to the literal build-up of Garou as Saitama's opponent. Can't wait to see the end of that.

...man, that kinda makes me think that it'd be better if Garou would only ever meet Saitama at the very end of his arc (the scene were Saitama knocks him out is filler only, I think?). Oh well. Looking forward to see how the comic will trick me into thinking Garou actually surpassed him. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Asking from Anime thread.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's 12 episodes and going at a pretty decent pace to get to the latest stopping point in Murata's version in that time.

What do you mean by stopping point, Serious Punch?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, we're about halfway to Boros, so I can see is getting there in 12.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

End it with this frame*

*don't actually

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah, I figured you meant Boros, I just wasn't sure what you meant by stopping point. Thinking about it now though, the manga does the arc with King, then Blizzard, then it starts Garo and none of those are really satisfying places to end off on like Boros.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Boros is the most logical endpoint given the pace of the current anime and how the following arcs play out. If we're lucky, and the anime makes crazybucks, we might get another 12 episodes once Murata's built up enough of a buffer.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Keeshhound posted:

Boros is the most logical endpoint given the pace of the current anime and how the following arcs play out. If we're lucky, and the anime makes crazybucks, we might get another 12 episodes once Murata's built up enough of a buffer.

The anime seems to be pretty drat popular so fingers crossed.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The anime is gorgeous. The worst thing they could do to it is keep it running year round and have tons of filler. Not only would it be horrible content there is no way to keep the animation quality that high. Doing an arc every few years would be great. The next stopping point is going to be Garo I think. I'm not positive 12 would be enough, part 2 might need to be a bit longer and that would be okay. Part 3 would need a pretty long break since there isn't really a stopping point after Garo at this point in time.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
12 episodes would not be nearly enough to cover all of the Garou arc, we're only like 1/3rd through it in the Murata redraw right now. To go from Boros to the end of Garou (which would include everything with King and Blizzard to start off the season, so that'd be 4 or 5 episodes) would definitely take a two-cour 26 episode season, at MINIMUM. It might even need to be longer than that, since Murata is adding even more to the arc, but 20 episodes of Garou Arc seems reasonable.

A part 2 of the anime featuring the Garou arc would be like, 2 years out from now, when Murata finally finishes the redraw of it all.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 2, 2015

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

gimme all the filler

king competing in video game tournaments
saitama hitting up sales
blizzard company shenanigans

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Torquemadras posted:

...man, that kinda makes me think that it'd be better if Garou would only ever meet Saitama at the very end of his arc (the scene were Saitama knocks him out is filler only, I think?).

He absolutely trashes Garou in an off-hand manner well before he ever finds out who he is even in the original.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

Murata is a crazy person and so there's the web version he does first, and may redraw two or three times. THEN there's the print version which he sometimes redraws yet again.

Somebody post The Many Faces Of King again.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

The end of the garou arc is probably my favourite part of the whole series.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

gimme all the filler

king competing in video game tournaments
saitama hitting up sales
blizzard company shenanigans

Keep in mind that we haven't seen any real filler yet. All the redraw "filler" is still written by ONE, while he might not have time to write anime filler. That said, if it stays the same quality I'm with you. Licenseless rider teaching Saitama and Genos to ride bikes please. (I'm guessing Genos's family was too poor to afford one, and Saitama just lived right between school and the station so it never occurred to him)

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Licenseless rider teaching Saitama and Genos to ride bikes please. (I'm guessing Genos's family was too poor to afford one, and Saitama just lived right between school and the station so it never occurred to him)

I'd rather Genos just go along with it so as not to make Saitama feel bad.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

gnome7 posted:

12 episodes would not be nearly enough to cover all of the Garou arc, we're only like 1/3rd through it in the Murata redraw right now. To go from Boros to the end of Garou (which would include everything with King and Blizzard to start off the season, so that'd be 4 or 5 episodes) would definitely take a two-cour 26 episode season, at MINIMUM. It might even need to be longer than that, since Murata is adding even more to the arc, but 20 episodes of Garou Arc seems reasonable.

A part 2 of the anime featuring the Garou arc would be like, 2 years out from now, when Murata finally finishes the redraw of it all.

Yeah, I agree. While Garou would be a great way to tie up the anime (with one the one normal human becomes a hero while the other becomes a monster duality), it's probably going to be Boros. Not only does that fit well with the current pace, it also has a great ending in the prophecy. If we have something like 3 episodes for the ending, mentioning the prophecy early will build up the last fight of the series and the fight itself is a great bookend to the start, with Saitama wanting to have a real fight. Only to have it all be a joke in the end, of course.

As sad as it is, but I don't see we will see King in this anime. The entire greater role of the S-rank heroes is really something that would fit more into a second season.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Don't post spoilers, this isn't the ONE thread.

I'm just expecting a stinger where the King's Engine Roars and we get to see his face. Then what gnome7 said

gnome7 posted:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 3, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That won't be the stinger, he's present at the hero meeting when Boros attacks, and I'm sure that even in a situation as nondescript as a meeting, the King Engine will be roaring for justice.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Don't post spoilers, this isn't the ONE thread.

I'm just expecting a stinger where the King's Engine Roars and we get to see his face. Then what gnome7 said

Nothing I posted is a spoiler.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
just came here to suck Yusuke Murata's dick and say that he is a god among men

thanks for reading

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lastgirl posted:

just came here to suck Yusuke Murata's dick and say that he is a god among men

thanks for reading

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

same

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Lord of Hats posted:

That won't be the stinger, he's present at the hero meeting when Boros attacks, and I'm sure that even in a situation as nondescript as a meeting, the King Engine will be roaring for justice.

The sound effect was definitely in the background of the Murata version.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The tankobon covers gimmicks are great. I'd seen them in 2D before but never noticed you were supposed to do this with them.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The tankobon covers gimmicks are great. I'd seen them in 2D before but never noticed you were supposed to do this with them.

Haha this one is amazing.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

PaganGoatPants posted:

Haha this one is amazing.

I love that saitama is cropped out of the picture

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Those are awesome! And now i'm bummed that they're reduced to a flat picture on the back of the US releases. :(

They did at least tweak the perspective so you can get a bit of the effect though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Narrowly missed your chance for matching fingernails to make the picture perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not my photos, I'm afraid. I just saw them and thought they ruled.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's at a different angle to show perspective from your perspective and its own aaaaa god drat that camera one owns

There is probably a real art school term for that but seriously drat

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If you hold onto the book for a year you'll find that the pictures slowly change with the seasons. Leave some cookies and milk out for Murata though.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone happen to have a link to that Roach comic that ONE and Muiera(sp?) made? I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I want to read it again.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

cmykjester posted:

Anyone happen to have a link to that Roach comic that ONE and Muiera(sp?) made? I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I want to read it again.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gokiburi-Buster/Ch-000---Oneshot-?id=225121

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh funny, i just got volume three and thats the manga Saitama is reading when Genos comes over with all his poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/entry-12091427582.html

No idea what this says.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Heres the English version of the blog

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2015/11/04/nendoroid-saitama/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Something about the simple face looks off. It might be that it's 3D with contours to try and reflect an actual head. Like it should be entirely flat instead.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Really disappointed it's not a Super Movable nendo. Saitama especially deserves one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Viz release doesn't look anywhere near this good does it