Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Owens tries to walk out of every single match. Is this normal? Is there a reason not to let him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

gypsyshred posted:

Owens tries to walk out of every single match. Is this normal? Is there a reason not to let him?

That coward is robbing you of a legitimate win by getting himself counted out! Isn't that enough reason to go after him?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There appear to be AI routines associated with whatever the "personality traits" of a wrestler are. Heath Slater or Tyler Breeze will start moving out toward the entrance, I've seen Owens drop out to ringside to catch a breather / let reversals build up. You'd think getting counted out would be a "cowardly" character trait but Owens' default personality is the opposite on that axis, "bold". Presumably it has something to do with being "disrespectful". Who knows.

But in any event, the count out will only happen if you let it. You can pull a Tyson Kidd and enter / leave the ring to restart the count. Using taunts typically entices opponents back into the ring (it may also get them to their feet quicker if they're prone on the outside, that's a little unclear).

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 2, 2015

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I won my very first match in career against Breeze when he just said gently caress it and walked away to get counted out. Being that this was in the performance center, he just kept walking at an invisible wall where the entrance was supposed to be. It was funny.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
He doesn't seem to respond to taunts. He has a tantrum animation, and starts walking towards the stage until the ten count. On my NXT title match with him, I had to sprint down, irish whip him back a billion times because he'd trip every three feet, and barely made the save before I lost my title shot. I'm the champ now, so no biggie if he bails, but they keep booking me against him. I've had two rivalries triggered in a row. If it happens again, I'm just gonna start shooting for the IC strap.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It seems like a good idea to drop the NXT Title and graduate to the main roster ASAP, you'll start gaining SP at a rate of 3 to 1 and you'll start getting "authority challenges" which are basically in-match bonus goals that reward SP if you complete them. Some of them are easy ("use 2 signatures") some are practically impossible ("win a match with your arms in the red"). It also allows you to go for the tag straps, and tag matches are easier to get 5 star matches out of.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I hate playing tag matches in these games, is it still impossible to win unless you pull off a hot tag or beat up the other team so bad you can knock one off the apron and have time to pin the other?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

1st AD posted:

I hate playing tag matches in these games, is it still impossible to win unless you pull off a hot tag or beat up the other team so bad you can knock one off the apron and have time to pin the other?

Soften them up, then let your AI partner handle the ring while you pull the other guy off the apron and beat him up over and over.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Can't you change to the partner on the apron with current gen? PS3 can at least.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Fumaofthelake posted:

Soften them up, then let your AI partner handle the ring while you pull the other guy off the apron and beat him up over and over.

They seem to have changed it so your momentum % drops if you're loving around at ringside in a tag match. Of course the actual setup doesn't seem to be explained anywhere.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MisterGBH posted:

Can't you change to the partner on the apron with current gen? PS3 can at least.

Yup, touch pad button on the ps4, that's what I do in tag mathches as soon as i hit a pin, I switch to the partner and cut the other guy off. Do that and tag matches are very bearable.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Just had a Nakamura vs. Taz 5 star classic at WCW World War 3, for the ECW belt. Best wrestling game since FPR. Matches flow so goddamn well.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Good lord the music in this game is irritating. I hate Run DMC now.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yep, that was the first song I disabled. I was thinking the sound track used to be awesome in the SVR series (06/07 inparticular were great)

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I turned off all the songs except for It's Tricky, Rebel Yell, and Youth Gone Wild. I might need to do some trepanning to get them out of my brain.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It sucks that playing entrance music in the menus only plays like the first 15 seconds.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

It sucks that playing entrance music in the menus only plays like the first 15 seconds.

So, 2 full loops of Ambrose's music?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

When you're playing with Create an Entrance, it skips back to the start of the song on literally every click. Hope you like a sudden burst of BRIE MODE~ 900 times in two minutes. I do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I turned off the music and let Spotify run in the background.

The way they changed the match flows around really affects movesets. I'm gradually morphing my just do a bunch of suplexes CAW into something quite a bit more well rounded.

I really like the gameplay but the story telling leaves quite a bit to be desired. Sorta like current WWE imo.

Also I keep expecting Rene Young to start laughing every time I do a promo because holy poo poo all these lines are bad and delivered poorly.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I still don't have the hang of the submission game but I think the pinning game is a big improvement over 2K14 (the last installment I played). The lockup thing is kind of fun too.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I dont think you can perfectly get the hang of submissions and am glad for it, because the submissions were guaranteed match finishers for like a decade now, and its nice to have them be enough trouble that sometimes a guy will tough them out at high damage.

The flow is so great this year, the only thing I dont like about it is that there is little reason to ever do the face-lock weak grapples as opposed to a medium grapple unless you want to do a submission. Also, while the match flow is great, the rating system in career mode is a drag because all it does is encourage you to hit every single move in your moveset, and because it doesnt go up when your tag partner is wrestling it means you want to stay in the ring at all times instead of tagging out. They really should add rating for getting your rear end kicked too.

That and the game is the glitchiest poo poo I have played since KOTOR2 on the original X Box, and it being so good only highlights all the loving glitches. CAW is slow and frustrating right now because of glitches and a general problem of really slow load times.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 2, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the loading screen that gradually moves you towards Seth Rollin's crotch is a nice touch.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How can you just the color of someone's attire without using a CAW slot?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

dont discount the facelock grapple, if only for the ability to do a resting hold. resting holds are good. use resting holds.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Those are fine uses for the hold, its the other 4 moves that get an extra chance at being reversed and do less damage that need some kind of reason to use.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan mode looking good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's the difference between a preset moveset and a fighting style in CAW?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Nice to see Showcase modes are dull repeat fests if you gently caress up once. Argh! Beat up bret for 15mins and tapped out to a submission finisher straight away. Thanks new submission system :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

simosimo posted:

Nice to see Showcase modes are dull repeat fests if you gently caress up once. Argh! Beat up bret for 15mins and tapped out to a submission finisher straight away. Thanks new submission system :(

Having the opposite issue. Just loving tap, Austin!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'm a scrub who bought the season pass for the unlocker, so I don't know why I punish myself with the lameduck modes. I do like the improved cutscene animations though, lookin' good, game.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Blasmeister posted:

Daniel Bryan mode looking good

Realistic as gently caress

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How can you be expected to have a five star match with ol' Four Star Roman???

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

If I can't use my own music for my CAW, using Finlay's awesome stock music that I heard in a million sports videos growing up is good enough.

Oh and Kevin Owens just assaulted my career dude with a baseball bat to get himself DQ'd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, after accidentally turning babyface during MyCareer and spending like 6 months trying to turn back without success, I finally managed it. And it should've been obvious. Beat down Sami Zayn with a sledgehammer on the ramp.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 3, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want these games to have a bunch of knockoff jobbers for guys they can't sign.

DJ Style
Chensuki Nagasaki
Rebound
"Raindancer" Kamikaze Osaka
The Young Books, Natt and Mick Jefferson
Hexagon Jr.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Man, the game really wants you to stick to the title rankings. I've been main roster for a month, and I've been beating everyone, since the kickstart gives you insane stats. I go start a rivalry with Bad News Barrett while he's IC champ, and I'm number 9. I start up the match, and see he has no reversals, and I think, great, this is going to be easy. Then he starts pulling reversals for just about every move, and I realize he just doesn't have a reversal bar, he's just got infinite reversals, and if he beats me, the rivalry is over immediately. I think this is a legit screwjob by the AI and I'm loving it.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Man, the game really wants you to stick to the title rankings. I've been main roster for a month, and I've been beating everyone, since the kickstart gives you insane stats. I go start a rivalry with Bad News Barrett while he's IC champ, and I'm number 9. I start up the match, and see he has no reversals, and I think, great, this is going to be easy. Then he starts pulling reversals for just about every move, and I realize he just doesn't have a reversal bar, he's just got infinite reversals, and if he beats me, the rivalry is over immediately. I think this is a legit screwjob by the AI and I'm loving it.

Yeah if you try to jump the rankings you face an AI with unlimited reversals and boosted stats, no joke.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah if you try to jump the rankings you face an AI with unlimited reversals and boosted stats, no joke.

I love that its an option, letting the player screw themselves instead of just gating off the champion.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

this game is extremely unrealistic, BNB can actually win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Blast Fantasto posted:

Slater Mode