Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Someone just tweeted a video of Huckabee on a "pheasant hunt" that consisted of an aide letting a bird out of a cage maybe 15 feet away and the Huckster shooting it out of the air within two seconds. It was basically skeet shooting with a living target.

I've heard of this kind of hunt before when Cheney blasted his "friend" in the face but I've never actually seen it done. You have to be a sadistic rear end in a top hat to call that "hunting" when you're basically skipping the whole hunt and just killing a captive bird at point blank range.

Which I guess makes sense when taking Cheney and Huckabee's character into consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
:lol: From that Maureen Dowd article:

quote:

Trump has gotten into Jeb’s head, making Jeb so petulant he declared he had “a lot of really cool things” he could be doing instead, when we all know he doesn’t.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TheRamblingSoul posted:

Only if the pizza is the King James instead*.

*The King James being a hamburger and pizza slice inbetween a grilled cheese sandwich, for those unfamiliar with his alma mater.

Reading this is making me physically ill.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Someone just tweeted a video of Huckabee on a "pheasant hunt" that consisted of an aide letting a bird out of a cage maybe 15 feet away and the Huckster shooting it out of the air within two seconds. It was basically skeet shooting with a living target.

I've heard of this kind of hunt before when Cheney blasted his "friend" in the face but I've never actually seen it done. You have to be a sadistic rear end in a top hat to call that "hunting" when you're basically skipping the whole hunt and just killing a captive bird at point blank range.

Which I guess makes sense when taking Cheney and Huckabee's character into consideration.

Ted Nugent may be just as much of a pants shitter as Chuck C. Johnson and David Vitter, but at least he actually hunts instead of just doing this poo poo.

Also, that's now 3 conservatives that are also pants shitters I can name off the top of my head, which is 3 more than anyone should really have committed to memory.

whoredog
Apr 10, 2002

I can't believe the number of people who are ok with Vitter running for a different office. Do they not care, not know, or idealize him?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Those planned hunts say really all you need to know about someone's character or lack thereof. If gun culture wasn't such a thing, I assume it would be more efficient and satisfying for these types to just reach into the box and snap the animal's neck with their bare hands then throw away the carcass.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Typically you're supposed to have them released onto a plot of farmland and you use a bird dog to track them. Even that I'd considered borderline sportsmanlike. What Huckabee is doing is flat retarded. Gonna guess he doesn't eat what he kills either.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

You have to remember that the Huckabees have a long and noble tradition of inflicting extreme physical and mental pain on animals for their own sexual gratification.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

It's the rich rear end in a top hat version of trap shooting. It's quite common, sadly. One of my friends went and got a freezer full of pheasant at least.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Radish posted:

If gun culture wasn't such a thing, I assume it would be more efficient and satisfying for these types to just reach into the box and snap the animal's neck with their bare hands then throw away the carcass.

Yeah but then the animal could scratch or bite you!

Better safe than sorry.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Radish posted:

Those planned hunts say really all you need to know about someone's character or lack thereof. If gun culture wasn't such a thing, I assume it would be more efficient and satisfying for these types to just reach into the box and snap the animal's neck with their bare hands then throw away the carcass.

They don't talk about those outings. And it's not an animal in the box.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

hehe

quote:

Landrieu, who is 55, is bald and tank-like in build. His physical appearance would be intimidating, except that his face is open and nearly perfectly round.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A confederate flag supporter bombed a Wal-Mart's vestibule in Tupelo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Louisiana will do anything to avoid the D because we can't help ourselves. Edwards is pro-gun and anti-abortion and people will still fling themselves away by reflex.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm seeing posts like the one below shared on Facebook quite a bit.

quote:

When a pro life, pro gun West Point graduate, (who still adheres to their Honor Code) law degree holding family valued politician with zero skeletons in his closet, who happens to be a Democrat, cannot get your vote over a scandal ridden character like David Vitter, you need to seriously reassess your values and priorities.

I saw a commercial this morning that was nothing more than Angelle and Dardenne from the debates trashing Vitter. Combined with the news that Bel Edwards actually leads in the polls, it might not be as far-fetched as previously thought.

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Osxl8YfV2Q

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 3, 2015

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

False flag operation by a lone wolf crazy person who totally is not a terrorist.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

For as much as these guys claim to hate the Middle East, they sure seem to want America to feel like the Middle East, bombings and all.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fade5 posted:

For as much as these guys claim to hate the Middle East, they sure seem to want America to feel like the Middle East, bombings and all.

They can't be jealous of our success if we're just as bad. :v:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

Ted Nugent may be just as much of a pants shitter as Chuck C. Johnson and David Vitter, but at least he actually hunts instead of just doing this poo poo.

Also, that's now 3 conservatives that are also pants shitters I can name off the top of my head, which is 3 more than anyone should really have committed to memory.

Stop your liberal lies, Chuck shat on the floor.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

This is why I support Vitter: his experience keeping poo poo from leaking.

I just want you to know that I caught this. Joementum for forums president, impeach Fried Chicken!

EDIT: WRT to Vitter, I can't really tell if I have a good read of the situation or not. All my facebook contacts are from the rural conservastrip of Northeastern LA and the "I'm not a Republican, more like a Libertarian" Zone of the northern Pontchartrain. Despite the incredible Jindal hate in Monroe, all of my coworkers are professing support for Vitter, while the economically better off Republicans back home are still birthers. As always, the leftist leaning folks are few.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 3, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

USA Today ran the KKK list story. Drudge carried it.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I just want you to know that I caught this. Joementum for forums president, impeach Fried Chicken!

Joe has already looked down on us and whispered "No".

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Necc0 posted:

Typically you're supposed to have them released onto a plot of farmland and you use a bird dog to track them. Even that I'd considered borderline sportsmanlike. What Huckabee is doing is flat retarded. Gonna guess he doesn't eat what he kills either.

This is Huckabee, I'm surprised he didn't eat it on the spot.

Also, I remembered this from a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Xx4DXkYk

On the plus side, she actually went out into the field to hunt. On the minus side, she barely knows how to use a gun.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

This is why I support Vitter: his experience keeping poo poo from leaking.

At least the election looks like a squeaker and not a blowout :gonk:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

A Winner is Jew posted:

Joe has already looked down on us and whispered "No".

He's not trapped in here with us. We're trapped in here with him.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to MIGF and Amergin?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

He's not trapped in here with us. We're trapped in here with him.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to MIGF and Amergin?

MIGF was banned for being a colossal rear end in a top hat and hasn't returned. i dunno about Amergin.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Luigi Thirty posted:

Heritage, not hate.

Too bad his heritage is being a racist violent gently caress.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And keep in mind that if Vitter loses the gubernatorial race he might decided to stay on and run for his Senate seat again, which would turn that into a possible Democratic pickup in 2016.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joementum posted:

And keep in mind that if Vitter loses the gubernatorial race he might decided to stay on and run for his Senate seat again, which would turn that into a possible Democratic pickup in 2016.

Would he not get primaried?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Would he not get primaried?

Louisiana has the jungle primary, which is how he wound up on the ballot despite low popularity. All he needs to do is poll better than the other five Republicans who split the conservative vote.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

crazy cloud posted:

At least the election looks like a squeaker and not a blowout :gonk:

Are you talking about the results or Vitter's fetishes?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

MIGF was banned for being a colossal rear end in a top hat and hasn't returned. i dunno about Amergin.

I miss the spergin amergin.

Hope he didn't stare too deeply into the abyss.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

I miss the spergin amergin.

Hope he didn't stare too deeply into the abyss.
I think he got bored with trolling after a while.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Davethulhu posted:

This is Huckabee, I'm surprised he didn't eat it on the spot.

Also, I remembered this from a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Xx4DXkYk

On the plus side, she actually went out into the field to hunt. On the minus side, she barely knows how to use a gun.

I was incredulous about not knowing how to use a gun but she doesn't even chamber or cycle on her own :lol:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
TFW you learn banks can use your savings account to make risky investments.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joementum posted:

I wonder if Jindal would run for that even if Vitter lost.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Isn't Jindal also very unpopular? Something to do with utterly destroying the state's economic stability?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Boon posted:

Isn't Jindal also very unpopular? Something to do with utterly destroying the state's economic stability?
Learned from the kiddie table debate:

Before Bobby Jindal became Governor, Louisiana had a budget surplus. They're now in the hole $1.6 Billion dollars.

Gosh that sounds like a time in US history, I just can't put my finger on it. Something about 1999-2000, maybe? Hmm, what happened after 2000?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

fade5 posted:

Learned from the kiddie table debate:

Before Bobby Jindal became Governor, Louisiana had a budget surplus. They're now in the hole $1.6 Billion dollars.

Gosh that sounds like a time in US history, I just can't put my finger on it. Something about 1999-2000, maybe? Hmm, what happened after 2000?

9/11 happened then Obama crashed the economy?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Boon posted:

Yes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't run. The thought was if Vitter wins the governor's race, Jindal might shoot for Vitter's Senate seat.

Of course, that assumes he isn't president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Necc0 posted:

I was incredulous about not knowing how to use a gun but she doesn't even chamber or cycle on her own :lol:
There goes her credibility on gun-rights legislation.

• Locked thread