Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Jeez, this interface is so slick-looking I barely recognised it as an Anno game.

edit: holy poo poo you can just click and drag to relocate your buildings instead of demolishing them, GOTY

Good Lord Fisher! fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Any GreenManGaming people get their keys yet?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Jeez, this interface is so slick-looking I barely recognised it as an Anno game.

edit: holy poo poo you can just click and drag to relocate your buildings instead of demolishing them, GOTY

Don't stop I'm almost there

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

:siren: :woop: :siren:

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009

Phrosphor posted:

Nothing here but envy.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I don't know if I'm alone on this, but trying to buy off Nuuvem through a VPN has them blocking it at the PayPal level, doing the credit card address check now.

Haven't found anything else that cheap that I trust for another key.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Phrosphor posted:

On that note, do we know if GMG is sending Steam keys or just Uplay keys? (Assuming Uplay works that way, I dunno.) Wasn't clear from the GMG page.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Anyone got a bug where none of the voices play? I can't even select a language in uplay or in game.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

All or most Ubisoft products on GMG are uplay keys.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

metasynthetic posted:

On that note, do we know if GMG is sending Steam keys or just Uplay keys? (Assuming Uplay works that way, I dunno.) Wasn't clear from the GMG page.

It's not under the 'Steam Games' section in my profile in the GMG website, so it's almost certainly a uplay key.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Urghhhh, limited predetermined spots for so many things... :sigh:

I'm not actually playing the game, watching Quill18's videos. He's just reached the ice world. Best youtuber to cover the game so far because he actually learned the game a bit before starting and doesn't spend forever farting around doing nothing for long periods of time loudly wondering about things explained in the tutorial. He also explains a lot of the stuff he does and why.

Poil fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 3, 2015

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
The Arctic site is challenging at least for me. The first hour experience is like woooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I think I need to go lie down and recover.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

This game is so prettttty

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
First hour and this is it, the Anno I've been craving. I love the heat mechanic in the arctic, it really sets it apart from temperate where you just do the usual Anno thing of putting your factories in their own little industrial ghetto.

Also goes without saying being able to see exactly how many units of things you produce and use is a god drat revelation.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Poil posted:

I'm not actually playing the game, watching Quill18's videos. He's just reached the ice world. Best youtuber to cover the game so far because he actually learned the game a bit before starting and doesn't spend forever farting around doing nothing for long periods of time loudly wondering about things explained in the tutorial. He also explains a lot of the stuff he does and why.

As posted on the previous page, NsN (an experienced Anno player who did the excellent Anno 2070 Beginner's Guide series) also has a video up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycyaCnYabX0

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

So are the maps randomized or no? That's my biggest concern going into this.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Sankis posted:

So are the maps randomized or no? That's my biggest concern going into this.

Negative on this. Maps are all lovingly hand crafted by German artisan mapmakers.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

How do I get rid of the FPS counter?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

How do I get rid of the FPS counter?

Uplay Settings.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Wonder how demanding this is on graphics. I've watched a couple LPs of the series and I wonder which of this or 2070 is more friendly to getting an introduction to the series. The sci-fi interests me much more than the older historical-based games.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
How do you save the game without using autosave?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Combat and building being completely and utterly separated is making me real happy. God drat this game is streamlined in all the best possible ways.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So, if I'm a guy who loved the heck out of the other games in the series, but held back buying because I've been burned on a preorder before, is it safe to buy this game?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I'm enjoying it one hell of a lot. Also to its favour: it's rather mechanically different to the other games, but pretty much every change I've come across is for the better. It's not just 2070 redux, like I was kind of afraid of.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

So, if I'm a guy who loved the heck out of the other games in the series, but held back buying because I've been burned on a preorder before, is it safe to buy this game?

It is Anno, and it is good imo. They have streamlined some of the more irritating parts of the game.

Can anyone explain me a few things i am kind of confused about :

- Do i need to have both workers and operators? The tutorial text seems to imply you need both. Is it workers will only work the worker type buildings, and operators are the only ones who will work the operator buildings?

- Viking guy wants me to go to his docks, to upgrade my ships. I cannot find his dock anywhere.

- Dude wants me to break rocks, there is a drone that i can't seem to control.
What exactly do i need to do?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
How is performance? I have a pretty good video card, bit my cpu is getting a bit dated. I can run most modern games just fine, but I'm always concerned before I take the plunge.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Khisanth Magus posted:

How is performance? I have a pretty good video card, bit my cpu is getting a bit dated. I can run most modern games just fine, but I'm always concerned before I take the plunge.

Other way around for me, good cpu but dated video card. I wonder how well it would run.

I've never played one of the Anno series before, but the NsN video linked earlier has my interest. All the streamlining sounds much more appealing than the seeming micromanagement hell that helped frighten me off 2070.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have a 4790k and a GTX 980. At 1440p I get 17 FPS on ultra high, 24 on very high, 30 on high and 60 on medium.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Game is missing the warning to take a break after 4 hours

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

It popped up during one of the streams I was watching, so I hope not.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I got a warning after two hours, mabye Ubisoft think nobody would be dumb enough to play videogames for four hours straight?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

That warning was kind of handy as it usually was a good time for a break.

I played some 2070 recently and realised I just don't have the spare time to get into 2205 this year.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Really needs the ability to save your game with like a pop-up of a two-paragraph note for yourself of what you were in the middle of doing.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I have a GTX 780 and played on ultra high graphics. It's fine for the city building and I can do combat, but the FPS is noticeably bad, but in the "I play video games/FPS games all the time and am very sensitive to low FPS" bad, not in the "holy poo poo it's choppy" bad. The cinematics are slightly choppy though, especially when there's water, but that's not altogether unexpected. 1920x1080

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

totalnewbie posted:

I have a GTX 780 and played on ultra high graphics. It's fine for the city building and I can do combat, but the FPS is noticeably bad, but in the "I play video games/FPS games all the time and am very sensitive to low FPS" bad, not in the "holy poo poo it's choppy" bad. The cinematics are slightly choppy though, especially when there's water, but that's not altogether unexpected. 1920x1080

Do you get at least 30fps?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Poil posted:

Between this and the SnS video, I'm very interested. Watched a lot of videos of 2070, but this one looks much easier to get into. Think I'll wait and see if it goes on a winter Steam sale.

I love underwater settings, though, so here's hoping that's added as a future biome.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Okay, this game is soooo good. Only downside, and I mean only one, is that there still seem to be "find the whatevers and click on them" missions. Trying to find boats...in the ocean...without any markers on the minimap. :suicide:

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Find an employee sled on any island! *glowing outline blends completely into thousands of acres of pure white*

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Alkydere posted:

Okay, this game is soooo good. Only downside, and I mean only one, is that there still seem to be "find the whatevers and click on them" missions. Trying to find boats...in the ocean...without any markers on the minimap. :suicide:
If you click on the quest marker on the upper-left corner of the screen the items will be pinged on the minimap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Overall I'm really enjoying this game so far. My few complaints are that the story is (so far) the epitome of meh and the Quest NPCs are boring. Luckily that's not really why I play this series, but I had hoped they would put in at least someone memorable.

• Locked thread