Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
If it's anything like Skyrim, it'll spawn its own subforum for a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mokinokaro posted:

If it's anything like Skyrim, it'll spawn its own subforum for a few months.

Didn't that sub get shut down really recently?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Actually looking forward to a game is carebear now you guys, guess we've been video gaming wrong for too long now.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Honestly I'm looking forward to it. I just can't decide on a Radeon 280x or 390. I'm leaning more towards a 390 but I really don't know the difference between the two.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Wizzzrd posted:

Honestly I'm looking forward to it. I just can't decide on a Radeon 280x or 390. I'm leaning more towards a 390 but I really don't know the difference between the two.

Fury X with HBM. 400 GB/s of VRAM bandwidth, that's 1 byte for every award Fallout 4 will get.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I wonder how well the UI will scale from the console version to the PC. Upon Skyrim's release, the UI was ... functional, shall we say, but the size of the text and the organization was lacking. Didn't it take forever for SkyUI to come out because the whole inventory/equipment/perk tree system was one big Flash file?

The thing I liked best about Fallout 3/NV was exploring and investigating the little setpieces that Bethesda/Obsidian set up. Here we see a junkie who OD'ed on Jet in a ruined hotel, here we have two lovers who curled up as the bombs fell, here we have a house abandoned in the middle of dinner, that sort of thing. I like finding the little vignettes and piecing together what they show.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Yeah the pre-release Skyrim thread was also a struggle between people who wanted to talk about the game and people who wanted to endlessly post IT'S JUST GOOD. Maybe there needs to be a carebear containment zone and then a regular discussion thread, hard to tell.

If that thread was anything like the ones on the official Bethesda forum (and looking at this thread, it probably was) then "talking about the game" meant moaning about how great Morrowind was and video games will never be the same.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Actually looking forward to a game is carebear now you guys, guess we've been video gaming wrong for too long now.

People who like a game need their own Carebear Nanny State, so as not to distract from all the vital, edgy insights like 'Game is poo poo' and 'You're brain damaged if you don't agree'

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

dsriggs posted:

I AM ANGRY

ANGRY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES I HAVEN'T YET PLAYED

:kingsley:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

memes are uh

insanely good

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

:eyepop:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

How do you know it's not poo poo, it isn't even out yet

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bholder posted:

Because there's a guy standing over the release date with his butt cheeks spread apart.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bholder posted:

how do you know its not poo poo, it isnt even out yet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Because there's a guy standing over the release date with his butt cheeks spread apart.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm looking forward to the game, but I don't feel the need to defend it from criticism or complain that there are people saying that it might be bad. Nobody here has played Fallout 4, so I think it's pretty dumb to whinge about people pointing out flaws from leaks.

Bholder posted:

If that thread was anything like the ones on the official Bethesda forum (and looking at this thread, it probably was) then "talking about the game" meant moaning about how great Morrowind was and video games will never be the same.

Nah, as far as I can tell the current wave of "I'm going to play it and nobody can stop me!" posts are in response to the leaks yesterday looking kinda maybe not that great.

Geomancing posted:

I wonder how well the UI will scale from the console version to the PC. Upon Skyrim's release, the UI was ... functional, shall we say, but the size of the text and the organization was lacking. Didn't it take forever for SkyUI to come out because the whole inventory/equipment/perk tree system was one big Flash file?

If I recall correctly the SkyUI release that just changed the font sizes was released pretty quickly, but from what I've seen of the leaks the menu text isn't as obnoxiously large as it was in Fallout 3 so maybe there won't be any mandatory patches.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I'm looking forward to the game, but I don't feel the need to defend it from criticism or complain that there are people saying that it might be bad. Nobody here has played Fallout 4, so I think it's pretty dumb to whinge about people pointing out flaws from leaks.

Nah, as far as I can tell the current wave of "I'm going to play it and nobody can stop me!" posts are in response to the leaks yesterday looking kinda maybe not that great.

If I recall correctly the SkyUI release that just changed the font sizes was released pretty quickly, but from what I've seen of the leaks the menu text isn't as obnoxiously large as it was in Fallout 3 so maybe there won't be any mandatory patches.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
voted 2

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

eonwe asking the hard hitting questions

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alarumklok posted:

eonwe asking the hard hitting questions

how do you know

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I hope they snuck in a renegade paragon system and all dialogue has only 3 color coded choices.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think its gonna be good and fun and i dont care if other people dont like it but im also not gonna read a bunch of dumb posts about it

ill probably just post badly about it and then play it when it comes out

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Will i be able to murderhobo my way across a broken irradiated landscape while picking up every bit of stupid junk i find in a vain hope that it will be somehow useful?

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Eonwe posted:

how do you know

see this is why you're the spinning elephant here and I'm just a bear-shaped piece of soap

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

Will i be able to murderhobo my way across a broken irradiated landscape while picking up every bit of stupid junk i find in a vain hope that it will be somehow useful?

sure why not

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Oh, yeah, that's pretty much the same here, I'm not gonna defend poo poo about it either, but it's got a lot of stuff that interests me nonetheless. At the very least it looks like a more fun modding platform than New Vegas was. Obviously looks better, too, not being on an engine build from a decade ago.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alarumklok posted:

see this is why you're the spinning elephant here and I'm just a bear-shaped piece of soap

its nice looking soap tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh, yeah, that's pretty much the same here, I'm not gonna defend poo poo about it either, but it's got a lot of stuff that interests me nonetheless. At the very least it looks like a more fun modding platform than New Vegas was. Obviously looks better, too, not being on an engine build from a decade ago.

im going to create a base with lights that make a goatse

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

im gunna play the weird mushy sort of formless pile of ideas desperately duck-taped together by a broken game engine that is a bethesda game and im probably going to like it for a while until i get bored

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Eonwe posted:

im going to create a base with lights that make a goatse

As is your God-given American Right

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Fish Fry Andy posted:

It's more like judging the game by pictures made by shaky webcams is kinda weird and even then the complaints are not that interesting.

I mean the biggest complaint generally is that the game is going to play like Fallout 3 and I'm not sure how anyone is surprised or how that's a bad thing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

NecroMonster posted:

No. Now that they updated the crafting system, it's *all* useful. The new thing will be hunting down all the junk so that you can make a 19 story flamethrower penis for your dog to live in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
drat, looks like another loser from Bethesda. I checked and it seems like they've never made a good game? Why do people keep buying them?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alain Post posted:

drat, looks like another loser from Bethesda. I checked and it seems like they've never made a good game? Why do people keep buying them?

:eyepop:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Boogaleeboo posted:

No. Now that they updated the crafting system, it's *all* useful. The new thing will be hunting down all the junk so that you can make a 19 story flamethrower penis for your dog to live in.

Don't you break my heart.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I'm leaning towards either Valpaulla and name my guy Paul or Buttslandia and name my guy Butts

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Eonwe posted:

its nice looking soap tho

thx I googled it

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

TheScott2K posted:

Gun owners are worse than loving guitarists

I like it, he showing us he has a gun and that cool as gently caress.

Alain Post posted:

Their all poo poo until mods come out a year later. That's why only morons pay full price for them you just wait for GOTY edition and a billion mods that fix all the poo poo they hosed up.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If there isn't an android Tom Brady this game is officially poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Szcwczuk posted:

Their all poo poo until mods come out a year later. That's why only morons pay full price for them you just wait for GOTY edition and a billion mods that fix all the poo poo they hosed up.

I tried playing Morrowind multiple times over a period of like 5 years and it was always really really bad.

• Locked thread