Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Spades posted:

I noticed I've got severe problems with brake lockup with this new controller.
I think it's how they've done the brakes on FM6, because FM5 wasn't this sensitive. And nice times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I purchased a Forza Xbox One Bundle last week. I always loved forza but having a PS4 and WiiU already it had to wait. Halo 5 pushed me over the edge. Halo 5 is a big ol' piece of poo poo but F6 is loving amazing and I'm so glad I have it. Also, I love the grippy special edition controller.

Driving an Indy car in-cockpit around IMS is about the most exhilarating video game driving thing ever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Halo 5 is indeed a big pile of poo poo. Mp is good though.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
November pack is cool and good.

1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I think it's how they've done the brakes on FM6, because FM5 wasn't this sensitive. And nice times.

I like it better, its more like a real brake pedal.

You dont use 50% or more of your brake pedals travel until something is broken, you apply gentle pressure to it. Use the controller in the same way.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch
Man, you guys are fast. I'm barely under 1:16, and will need a lot of practice to get any quicker.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

ergot posted:

Man, you guys are fast. I'm barely under 1:16, and will need a lot of practice to get any quicker.

Push the gas more, push the brakes less, cut corners where possible.

When i set my 1:10 i was 8 tenths up on my next lap, but blew the last chicane, i think i've got a 1:08 in me.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch
Yeah, I'll get there. Experience with the track will help, I'm sure I am screwing up some of the corners.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Another car pack with all new cars to the series? I'll take it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

ergot posted:

Yeah, I'll get there. Experience with the track will help, I'm sure I am screwing up some of the corners.

It helps that road atlanta is like, my go-to testing track and has been since forza 2.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Is there drag racing in this game? I didn't think so but then in that trailer for the new car pack it sure looks like a Christmas tree.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Is there drag racing in this game? I didn't think so but then in that trailer for the new car pack it sure looks like a Christmas tree.

There has been for a few games now but it really isnt done right. you load the quarter mile, do the 3-2-1 thing, and whoever has more power wins. It needs a proper game mode with tire heating, staging, and some kind of system where you can finish the pass, drive back and stage up with a car of your choosing. the only drag racing game "done right" i ever found was "need for speed pro street". Not spergy realistic, but fun enough.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 2, 2015

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, they really need to change up the drag racing. It should just be a big group of people and you get a set amount of time to do as many runs as you want. Stage your car and do a race. Then you drive back and queue up while chatting to people.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I dont think that a modern video game company would allow a game mode where you could "Red light", or jump the start. Its too hard for dumbasses used to quest pointers and hit markers.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I thought the lack of interest in Drag Racing was the fact that (at least in FM4) it was the 30 sec load time (not to mention all the setup) for a 10 sec race.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Yea it needs a total re-do. Without at least the element of the driver staging and launching the vehicle in time with a starting light its pointless. Not to mention the increased traction of a prepared track, they pretty much spray it with rubberized glue and heat that up with torches, so you dont spin the wheels like you do in forza 6, you break your differential or go into an uncontrollable wheelie instead.

AWD cars also are not dominant in real life like they are in the game because reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JA7rpvA1ZY&t=240s

i want as much of this process represented as possible. Do you think its too much for a game?

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 2, 2015

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Thanks for the heads up on that. Last Forza I played was 4 which had that same "not drag racing" drag racing. Yes, doing a drag racing mode proper could be a lot of fun. If they ever add it in maybe they can also license some top fuel cars. Then you can take a Funny Car on the Ring. Doing 400 mph on the long straightaway would be great fun.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Corkscrew in a dragster :getin:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Pack was not what I wanted :/

cb rocks
Jun 10, 2004
sup m8s
eBay motors car pack, out tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQkxrO9u1o

2002 Plymouth Prowler
1977 Holden Torana A9X
1980 Lancia #31 Lancia Corse Beta Montecarlo Turbo
2014 Maserati #35 M. Calamia Swiss Team MC Trofeo
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80
1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4

Also I'm running a high 1:11 in that M3, that's the best I'm gonna get I think.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Datsun Roadster is the only thing in that pack that matters to me. gently caress a Prowler.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

SmokeyXIII posted:

Car clubs!!

If Turn 10 makes me choose between car clubs and Maple Valley I'll throw my xbone through their HQ window

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Cubey posted:

Datsun Roadster is the only thing in that pack that matters to me. gently caress a Prowler.

Yeah

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah right, bringing car clubs back. Good one. It's most likely a track.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I'm actually really glad they brought back the MC Trofeo, the new and improved version even. That thing was a beast in S class.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The free track is twin ring motegi.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ergot posted:

Thank you for posting this. I was starting to think I was going crazy with how terrible I was doing compared to eveyone else.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

dear god no :gonk:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

MattD1zzl3 posted:

If you jinx this with your lovely track opinions, I'll kick your dick in IRL.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If they bring back a track other than Maple, Camino or Suzuka, they hosed up.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

If they bring back a track other than Maple, they hosed up.

fixed

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Fujimi

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Norns posted:

Thank you for posting this. I was starting to think I was going crazy with how terrible I was doing compared to eveyone else.

I did a few more laps and got down to 1.13.11. Maybe I can shave another half second to the mid 1.12's, but then I see Panda posted 1.08.77, ffs.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Man, I don't miss being a weaboo human being in FM1 with the 1000 horsepower R32 pretending I was some Initial D character drifting down the mountain, tearing up asphalt and bumper tapping guard rails.........

I just miss that track, I swear.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

gently caress yeah, Prowler!

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I wouldn't get your hopes up about Maple Valley.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
My honest to god theory: They only make new real world tracks now (with one new original track per release) because laser scanning tech is getting cheaper and cheaper and its easier to scan in Michigan derpa derpa raceway than it is to make a new maple valley or positrano or camino or new york to next gen standards with bumps and other details like that.

So, taking that into account i want Tsukuba over suzuka. (Maple valley or especially Weaboo Mountain not happening)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 3, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

drgitlin posted:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Maple Valley.

It's going to actually be Twin Ring "worse than the Bugatti circuit' mother loving Motegi, isn't it :suicide:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Cubey posted:

It's going to actually be Twin Ring "worse than the Bugatti circuit' mother loving Motegi, isn't it :suicide:

I can't say for sure (and wouldn't be allowed to if I could) but I am 98% sure it's not a track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Maybe like 3 months after release they made voice chat work ingame?

• Locked thread