Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lotish posted:

Don't you break my heart.

I wasn't kidding, you make that giant penis and put a dog house in the middle of it, blammo. Living the post apocalyptic dream. Considering your dog can stun, knockdown, *and* bleed enemies? He's earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

also I think I'm going to go Int 1 Luck 5 and max Idiot Savant and passive-aggressively roleplay my coworkers because I am hardcore like that

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Oh, yeah, that's pretty much the same here, I'm not gonna defend poo poo about it either, but it's got a lot of stuff that interests me nonetheless. At the very least it looks like a more fun modding platform than New Vegas was. Obviously looks better, too, not being on an engine build from a decade ago.

What makes it look like a better modding platform than new vegas?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

What makes it look like a better modding platform than new vegas?

Better looking, visually, as in it doesn't look like it's from 2005. I've grown to hate the engine 3/NV use with a passion after tweaking all those guns for that goon armory mod.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

alarumklok posted:

also I think I'm going to go Int 1 Luck 5 and max Idiot Savant and passive-aggressively roleplay my coworkers because I am hardcore like that

I dig this.

It will probably make you hate them more in real life!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Alain Post posted:

I tried playing Morrowind multiple times over a period of like 5 years and it was always really really bad.

There are a poo poo load of mods for it that make it better and more current and a number of guides on what mods to grab I would check them out.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Alain Post posted:

I tried playing Morrowind multiple times over a period of like 5 years and it was always really really fun and good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Szcwczuk posted:

There are a poo poo load of mods for it that make it better and more current and a number of guides on what mods to grab I would check them out.

I don't really care about new content I just wanted the combat and RPG system to not be so rear end. The setting was cool which is why I kept trying.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Morroblivion makes Morrowind playable for the first time

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Every single one of you threadshitters is going to play this game 100+ hours. So shut up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ModeSix posted:

Every single one of you threadshitters is going to play this game 100+ hours. So shut up.

threadshitting is gooda ctually

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Eonwe posted:

If you can't play the game, you gotta play the thread.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hate newspaper

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I will enjoy gibbing every npc I come across with a minigun for 100+ hours.

After typing setessential 1 each and every time in the console bc bethesda is too scared to make all npcs killable

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

But if your actions in the game have consequences, then you won't be able to experience all of the content in one playthrough!!!!!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
As it should be. Sadly, we all know Overseer Howard chickened out on that one.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hair on tip

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ModeSix posted:

just because i dont have any self control doesnt mean that fallout 4 is/will be good

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
this thread is bad

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION

Eonwe posted:

How do you know it's threadshit it's not even out yet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davos posted:

How do you know it's threadshit it's not even out yet

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

As bad as Fallout 4 may be by looking at these leaks, let's take solace on the fact that it will never be some boring isometric poo poo ever again :feelsgood:

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
I dont have anything to threadshit about because I think this game looks good both gameplay-wise and aesthetically, especially in motion, but I do have a question. What are the npc skeletons like and how do they gib? Is it like 3 and NV where when you bloody mess a dude and his weirdly intact torso goes flying or will they break down even further, like at the waistline and forearm and stuff?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Now that the full perk chart has been leaked I spent a little bit of time at work today trying to figure out a build and I've run into the same problem I have with every other Fallout game which is every decision feels like the wrong one.

I'm stoked.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Lotish posted:

If you can't play the game, you gotta play the thread.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Trainmonk posted:

I dont have anything to threadshit about because I think this game looks good both gameplay-wise and aesthetically, especially in motion, but I do have a question. What are the npc skeletons like and how do they gib? Is it like 3 and NV where when you bloody mess a dude and his weirdly intact torso goes flying or will they break down even further, like at the waistline and forearm and stuff?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Better looking, visually, as in it doesn't look like it's from 2005. I've grown to hate the engine 3/NV use with a passion after tweaking all those guns for that goon armory mod.

Who needs modding tools when you've got those sick graphix bro?! :eyepop:

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Trainmonk posted:

Lol. Psycho gamer hell yeah.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Fallout 64

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Oh nice.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

rofl

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

THIS GAME LOOKS poo poo

*~one week later~*

THIS GAME IS poo poo BUT I CANT STOP PLAYING

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I will be playing the bloodborne DLC instead.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game doesn't look like it's from 2005, get real. It looks like it's from 2007, at the very least.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It was 1996. I was at some state math contest banquet in North Carolina. There was a guest speaker on stage showing off a demo of "Defender 3D," a 3D take on the classic. It was built on a 3D engine at the speaker's company. His whole spiel was that with math, you can do anything, namely code up 3D games.
I was not really convinced -- the graphics looked pretty lovely compared to Quake -- bad framerate, awful texture mapping, weird lighting. I told myself, ok, never try to be a game programmer; clearly it's not worth it.

That company was Numerical Design Limited. That game engine became Gamebryo. I never suffered a job in the game industry.
I guess you could say Gamebryo saved my life.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'll be playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Has Bethesda released any footage of the PC version yet? Seems like now would be a good time to start showing that off. Unless it also sucks.

• Locked thread