Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A Hideo Kojima Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jank. Jank never changes.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

HnK416 posted:

Yo someone who knows computers and video games; do you think I can run this game on my current laptop?

Intel Core i7 4720HQ, Quad-core running at 2.6 Ghz
NVIDA GeForce GTX950M, 4GB dedicated VRAM
8GB of DDR3 RAM

I've had some people say I can squeak by with a stable 60fps on above console quality, some have said that I should just buy the PS4 version. Opinions?
Opinion is that you are whats wrong with the industry.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Christ it's an ugly as gently caress game.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

Qmass posted:

Opinion is that you are whats wrong with the industry.

Man I'm poor, it's the best I could do. The console was a gift, even.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

DFu4ever posted:

Christ it's an ugly as gently caress game.

That's a webm of a compressed youtube video of the console version.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

frajaq posted:

Actual good leaks this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocNZM8EgwVI

watch it before Todd's death squad gets to it in a few seconds

And that's why companions are essential now! :v:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

It's an ugly game. Accept it.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It's an ugly game. Accept it.

no

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Animations for using Stimpacks, and they heal over time now. Interesting.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Magmarashi posted:

Animations for using Stimpacks, and they heal over time now. Interesting.

Maybe it's a Survival thingie because I swear I saw another leak video and the stimpack heal was instantaneous.

Nevermind it was over time too, it just was faster for some reason.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 3, 2015

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I'm an ugly. Accept it.
HATE UGLIES

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
heal-over-time is better because in FO3 (or non-hardcore NV) you were basically invincible so long as you had stimpaks left. take a bunch of damage, pause with pipboy to take a few stims, resume fighting, repeat

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Someone has got a copy of the PC build.

[A) Face 01 (D

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Lol if you don't think that's a AAA butt.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Bloodplay it again posted:

If by pretty good you mean basically just a reskin of this:

I mean just look at the dog it is basically Fargoth's animation you can tell because of the pixels

I give this 0 Todds out of Howard

Yo what the gently caress is this? Morrowinds UI didn't look anything like this at all

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Show me an open world game and I will show you bugs.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

crabcakes66 posted:

Lol if you don't think that's a AAA butt.

who cares about the butt i need to kill everything in those buildings and take everything that isn't nailed down

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

NecroMonster posted:

who cares about the butt

a LOT of people lemme tell ya!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

frajaq posted:

a LOT of people lemme tell ya!

There are better things than butts.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
gimme dat butt

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the worst part of beth games isn't that they are ugly as hell (they are) or all the bugs (tons) or just how mushy and janky and poorly everything hangs together (this is all true) it's having to figure out what to drop when you are carrying to much crap to fast travel

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So, substantive question: Is there any difference now between guns and energy weapons? Like, I don't see any stats or perks that specialize you in one or the other. Only one that specializes you in the cryptic new third weapon type "radiation" weapons.

Like there's no hidden perception/intelligence bonuses or anything either that we know about? They're... entirely interchangeable?

If so, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it seems like a pretty major change that happened without much fanfare.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

NecroMonster posted:

the worst part of beth games isn't that they are ugly as hell (they are) or all the bugs (tons) or just how mushy and janky and poorly everything hangs together (this is all true) it's having to figure out what to drop when you are carrying to much crap to fast travel

The final two levels of the strong back perk in 4 let you sprint and fast travel, respectively.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Eiba posted:

So, substantive question: Is there any difference now between guns and energy weapons? Like, I don't see any stats or perks that specialize you in one or the other. Only one that specializes you in the cryptic new third weapon type "radiation" weapons.

Like there's no hidden perception/intelligence bonuses or anything either that we know about? They're... entirely interchangeable?

If so, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but it seems like a pretty major change that happened without much fanfare.

damage resistances are split up into ballistic, energy or lazers or whatever i don't remember what its called, and radiation

also one type goes pow and the other goes zap when you press the button

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

NecroMonster posted:

damage resistances are split up into ballistic, energy or lazers or whatever i don't remember what its called, and radiation

What if they make plasma weapons radiation-type?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Sharzak posted:

Yo what the gently caress is this? Morrowinds UI didn't look anything like this at all

I think it's from around the time the E3 2001 trailer was made, maybe a little before. Personally I think they should've left the UI on for the trailer because it gives me a warm, Encarta 95 feeling.

Blue for stamina, green for magic? In what world?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Eiba posted:

Monsters have different resistances. i'm curious what the drop on the right means though. Bleed? Poison?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

frajaq posted:

Monsters have different resistances. i'm curious what the drop on the right means though. Bleed? Poison?

Probably bleed since one of the dog perks is the bite grab leaves the target bleeding.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

Well, okay. Yeah. There are different defenses. But if it's just that then in terms of actually using them, you can pick up any weapon and just use it now.

That's kind of a relief and a good thing (especially if they're going to throw special only-weak-to-energy enemies at you or something), but I was kind of looking forward to investing in energy weapons and dealing with the classic issue of having trouble finding guns early in the game. Because I'm a masochist I guess.

frajaq posted:

One of the dog perks can make enemies bleed.

Blood might be an alternate HP pool- if you bleed them out they die or pass out without having to touch their HP or something.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Its not a good thing at all. Making lasers and regular guns interchangable cheapens both. At this point any two Fallout 4 characters are going to be nearly identical because of how few meaningful ways there are to specialize your character.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

The Droid posted:

Its not a good thing at all. Making lasers and regular guns interchangable cheapens both. At this point any two Fallout 4 characters are going to be nearly identical because of how few meaningful ways there are to specialize your character.

welcome to lowest common denominator gaming in tyool 2015

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
There's no difference between energy weapons and conventional guns... and why that's a good thing.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

There's no difference between energy weapons and conventional guns... and why that's a good thing.
There are aspects that are honestly more fun in some obvious ways. In previous Fallouts, I'd use guns and just throw out all the energy weapons I got (or vice versa), no matter how cool they were.

Now, I can use all my cool revolvers and stuff, and then if I come across a neat energy pistol, I can actually switch that out when I want to.

There's still specialization in terms of pistol/rifle/automatic rifle/heavy weapons... but now I get to go "pew pew" sometimes without having to dedicate myself to it. And honestly, weapon type specialization seems like a way more meaningful gameplay choice than conventional vs energy weapons considering every type of conventional weapon was replicated in an energy weapon, making it so they're basically just different skins.

Obviously, there's downsides too- it hurts replayability and makes you feel less special... but it's not purely a bad thing.

It also lets them do things like have a physically resistant energy weak enemy without just totally loving over half the players.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Someone has got a copy of the PC build.

Quick, save these precious jpegs before they're gone. Also there are interior shadows.

Well at least in this game's opening scene his head isn't slowly spinning around itself Exorcist-style so that has to be an animation improvement

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Here are some more limited availability high end jpegs.

PC version looks pretty good.
Looks good, but let's see how it runs.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The only difference between energy and standard in the last two games was which one you had put skills into. They had three options--leave it as is, differentiate somehow between energy and standard while leaving skills intact,, or completely remove the different skills and make it not even a thing. As we have seen many times, Bethesda took the method that called for the least amount of creativity.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

LMao not only does it look and play badly but based on those videos it's also boring. Once again I correctly predict game quality based only on the choice to voice the protagonist

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

frajaq posted:

it means he's crying because he's in a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Eiba posted:

There are aspects that are honestly more fun in some obvious ways. In previous Fallouts, I'd use guns and just throw out all the energy weapons I got (or vice versa), no matter how cool they were.

Now, I can use all my cool revolvers and stuff, and then if I come across a neat energy pistol, I can actually switch that out when I want to.

There's still specialization in terms of pistol/rifle/automatic rifle/heavy weapons... but now I get to go "pew pew" sometimes without having to dedicate myself to it. And honestly, weapon type specialization seems like a way more meaningful gameplay choice than conventional vs energy weapons considering every type of conventional weapon was replicated in an energy weapon, making it so they're basically just different skins.

Obviously, there's downsides too- it hurts replayability and makes you feel less special... but it's not purely a bad thing.

It also lets them do things like have a physically resistant energy weak enemy without just totally loving over half the players.

God forbid players have to make choices that mean things. God forbid player choices determine what they can do easily or at all.

• Locked thread