Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Houston Texans - T-1st, AFC South

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i mentioned texans-lions in the GDT, and this is how that game went down in OT when it happened

14:06 OT - M.Stafford pass short middle to B.Pettigrew to HST 32 for 8 yards (D.Manning) [C.Barwin]. FUMBLES (D.Manning), RECOVERED by HST-D.Sharpton at HST 35. D.Sharpton to HST 35 for no gain (J.Bell)
9:43 OT - S.Graham 51 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-J.Weeks, Holder-D.Jones.
8:45 OT - M.Stafford pass deep left intended for R.Broyles INTERCEPTED by B.McCain at HST 28. B.McCain to HST 28 for no gain (R.Broyles). The Replay Assistant challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete. (so it was overturned but still lol)
7:18 OT - M.Schaub pass intended for A.Johnson INTERCEPTED by C.Houston at HST 43. C.Houston to HST 41 for 2 yards (A.Johnson).
4:35 OT - J.Hanson 47 yard field goal is No Good, Hit Right Upright, Center-D.Muhlbach, Holder-N.Harris.

3:46 OT - M.Schaub pass short left to A.Johnson to DET 25 for 23 yards (C.Houston). The Replay Assistant challenged the fumble ruling, and the play was Upheld. PEN on DET - Challenging an Automatically Reviewed Play, Enforced 15 yards to DET 14.
2:25 OT - S.Graham 32 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Weeks, Holder-D.Jones.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Carolina Panthers are 7-0, the last undefeated team in the NFC, and their starting 1-2 WRs are Ted "I cannot catch a ball" Ginn and Corey "Philly" "no wait don't call me philly" Brown.

How the gently caress? I don't care.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Guys my blood pressure has to be like 900/470. I'm probably not gonna wake up tomorrow so please just dream that the Panthers finally win a Super Bowl for me.

Jesus Christ why did they have to make this game so god drat dramatic.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Alaois posted:

YATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i'm hearing that in three cam voices coming from your avatar :stare:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

6-10 AFC South Champion Indianapolis Colts hosting a playoff game is still in play :getin:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That game was amazing and i need a slomo gif of the Panthers sideline after The Ginn.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Ozu posted:

That game was amazing and i need a slomo gif of the Panthers sideline after The Ginn.

I invented curse words after the The Ginn.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Imagine a world where Cam Newton's Laptops thing happened his Auburn year and he slides to the Second round for Cincinnati.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
im sitting here with whiskey in one hand and a cigar in the other, laughing about this panthers victory, very drunk

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

for the love of god trade for a wr, gettelman. cam is peaking.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
The Panthers almost gave me a heart attack, but they pulled out the win nonetheless. 7-0. Carolina Strong. Keep Pounding.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zippy the Bummer posted:

im sitting here with whiskey in one hand and a cigar in the other, laughing about this panthers victory, very drunk

You shoulda had some Gin.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Finally a comfortable panthers win I can sit back and enjoy the last quarter of.
- a thing I thought

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Imagine a world where Cam Newton's Laptops thing happened his Auburn year and he slides to the Second round for Cincinnati.

Imagine a world where Luck goes pro when he was originally supposed to, and Cam Newton goes to Tennessee.

Mariota then no longer is so coveted by Tennessee and they are willing to hear chip out. Mariota goes to Philly. Philly breaks every record.

The NFL has changed. First concussions now this. Its too much. Civil war breaks out. Offense vs Defense. Rodney Harrison and his cheap shotting ways, demanding the defensive ability to actually cover a pass. Peyton and Brady, men not too proud to have their team's owner/coach gently caress with the rules, both "legally" and "cheating", to gain an advantage.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eifert Posting posted:

You shoulda had some Gin.

What, then drop his drink? He'll have to make another.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Cardiac Cats yet again. How long will Riverboat Ron's Wild Ride last?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

The Panthers almost gave me a heart attack, but they pulled out the win nonetheless. 7-0. Carolina Strong. Keep Pounding.

If my heart keeps pounding I'm gonna have blood start to leak out of my eyes.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

for the love of god trade for a wr, gettelman. cam is peaking.

like seriously, the panthers are probably going to have a low first round pick. the team's pretty healthy. and cam's doing super cam things. i may be loony and not know the real value of a first round draft pick, but i feel like this is the time to trade it. if they could get a solid wr1 for next year's pick they have to become the nfc favorite, right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Horrible playcalling in the second half let the Colts back in that. The defense was gassed and it couldn't make that one play they've made all year. the offense was missing 2/3 of its interior line, which is the strength of the team. They needed to let Cam just take over the game, but oh wait they can't because they don't have any wide receivers.

2/3rds of that game was unplayable due to the weather (it was way worse in person than on television), every horrible call went against the Panthers, whatever.

If Ted Ginn makes a routine loving catch it doesn't matter.

Make the call tomorrow. Bring in Alshon, bring in Boldin, bring in Calvin. I don't loving care. Bring in someone that can reliably make a goddamn catch when it matters.

The Panthers offensive style is too conservative to have this little talent. When you want to win by 1.1 scores, you can't have players dropping those massive passes.

Cam Needs Weapons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

like seriously, the panthers are probably going to have a low first round pick. the team's pretty healthy. and cam's doing super cam things. i may be loony and not know the real value of a first round draft pick, but i feel like this is the time to trade it. if they could get a solid wr1 for next year's pick they have to become the nfc favorite, right?

the Panthers are NFC favorites right now.

if they beat the Packers at home next week, the division is theres. Homefield runs through Carolina.

Flags loving fly forever. Just do the goddamn thing. Calvin, Alshon, or Anquan.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I picked a helluva week to attend my first Monday Night Football game.

The weather was absolutely miserable and watching our epic collapse in the fourth quarter was even worse. There are definitely reasons to be concerned, especially with Green Bay on deck. But we managed to pull it out and it was a drat blast.

7-0, motherfuckers.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Abel Wingnut posted:

Benji is that guy and he's hurt. Gettleboogie is content on waiting it out and hoping that Funchess puts it together sometime in the next two seasons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Funchess is loving garbage.

How is loving Desean Jackson not a panther right now?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

FizFashizzle posted:

How is loving Desean Jackson Anquan Boldin not a panther right now?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

I picked a helluva week to attend my first Monday Night Football game.

The weather was absolutely miserable and watching our epic collapse in the fourth quarter was even worse. There are definitely reasons to be concerned, especially with Green Bay on deck. But we managed to pull it out and it was a drat blast.

7-0, motherfuckers.

Bad weather games are AWESOME if you win. Pretty much have to kill yourself if you lose though.

I still think I might have frostbite in my toes from Pats-Broncos in 2013. Congrats.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
My two beloved teams are 7-0, Bengals and Panthers. Yay Cats! :)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cat Bowl is coming. Panthers/Bengals book it

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I am definitely on the Panthers bandwagon until they face the Seahawks again.
I don't really see how they beat Green Bay, though. That team is insanely good on both sides of the ball, no matter how they looked in Denver.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals vs Panthers in Superbowl. 37-37 forever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DancingMachine posted:

I don't really see how they beat Green Bay, though. That team is insanely good on both sides of the ball, no matter how they looked in Denver.

Carolina has the best cornerback in the NFL right now and Shaq will be back.

The Panthers need Kalil and Norwell back next week though.

Also Calvin Johnson.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Bad Moon posted:

Cat Bowl is coming. Panthers/Bengals book it

my dream

unless the Pats got in

then it would be Panthers over those evil orcs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DancingMachine posted:

Did you not see the turd Green Bay put up?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

How is loving Desean Jackson not a panther right now?

Probs cause he's a cancer and not healthy either. He's still having hammy dramas, but the team should be calling about Alshon and Boldin like it's cool. It wouldn't cost them much of anything either Vernon Davis went for a pick swap and a late rounder next year.

DancingMachine posted:

pure dumb loving luck is about the only change. Panthers will lose next week because the defensive line is banged up so bad. If they were at full strength I'd honestly back them to win, but right now with the players they have out, I doubt it.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

FizFashizzle posted:

Carolina has the best cornerback in the NFL right now and Shaq will be back.

The Panthers need Kalil and Norwell back next week though.

Also Calvin Johnson.

Yeah, Kalil is easily one of the top 5 most important Panthers right now. Especially after watching loving Velasco.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Spoeank posted:

Houston Texans - T-1st, AFC South

OWNS

Brannock posted:

If Rodgers doesn't draw that roughing the passer penalty, the Packers would have had less than 100 yards of offense.

There have only been 6 games in the last decade with the offense failing to gain 100 yards.

2010 - Brodie Croyle/Chiefs
2010 - Carson Palmer/J.T. O'Sullivan/Bengals
2009 - Josh Johnson/Byron Leftwich/Bucs
2008 - JaMarcus Russell/Raiders
2006 - Vince Young/Titans
2006 - Andrew Walter/Raiders

If you go back 3 extra years to 2002, you get the Texans having 47 total yards of offense against the Steelers

and winning the game :getin:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I am happy for your happiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

FizFashizzle posted:

Also Calvin Johnson.

This sounds like the best QB-WR combo in the NFL not named Roethlisberger and Brown.

• Locked thread