Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

malhavok posted:

All this just from doing the ascended time gated mats?
Yes.

As of last check, DSI costs 4.5314g in materials and sells for 7.7998g. Damask costs 8.4574g in materials, Elonian Leather costs 6.3314g in materials, put them together and you get a Damask Patch that sells for 23.1g.

Subtract -15% from the sell price from TP fees, that's ~2.1g for making a DSI, and 4.85g for making a Damask Patch, so yeah 6.95g per day right now for clicking a few buttons. And that's if you buy mats at sell order prices. You'll make the cost of hitting 500 back in a week unless the input/output prices change heavily. I'm actually expecting them to because the profit margin is stupid right now, and Damask Patches should have almost no margin because they're not time-gated, but even if that changes, Damask+DSI have made about 3g per day before HoT sent the demand way up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

what game shall we play today

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
A week into the expansion, Eurozone Danse Party, the PvP oriented sister guild of GOON and general listing for PvP goons, is the largest it has ever been, but I know there's there's still PvP Goons that have not joined and that offends me on a personal level.

Eurozone Danse Party has been home to Goons who PvP, small group WvW and roleplay as mystical college-aged teens for over two years now and is the best resource for any goon with those interests.

Send a message to Germany or Dorkopotamis.1497 for an immediate invite - after you send me a brief description of your frat power.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 3, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

CLAM DOWN posted:

• By far the most crucial and biggest reason I keep playing this long and still going is the wonderful people I play with, SFD has given me the best group of internet people I've ever found and I even enjoy bad games and bad content with those wonderful nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

He's right, tho.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah what Arus said only wrt GOON. If it weren't for those dumb nerds I would have lost interest in this game years ago.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The sentiment bears repeating because the cross guild thing has been one of the best things for me so far this expansion. It's so much easier to organise now and we can finally have all the goons doing stuff together such as the mixed guild hero point trains which have been awesome fun.

We even had dentists come to goonteq today :3:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Dorkopotamis posted:

A week in to the expansion, Eurozone Danse Party, the PvP oriented sister guild of GOON and general listing for PvP goons is the largest it has ever been, but I know there's there's still PvP Goons that have not joined and that offends me on a personal level.

Eurozone Danse Party has been home to Goons who PvP, small group WvW and roleplay as mystical college-aged teens for over two years now and is the best resource for any goon with those interests.

Send a message to Germany or Dorkopotamis.1497 for an immediate invite - after you send me a brief description of your frat power.

Well, I'm terrible at PVP but I like it. I shall extend the fratastic fistbump of friendship.

Edit: Also this multiple guild chat thing rocks. SFD and GOON are what make me want to keep playing and constantly keep me laughing. :3

High House Death fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 3, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Hold on, how do you get multiple guild chat? Didn't know that was a thing.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rakeris posted:

Hold on, how do you get multiple guild chat? Didn't know that was a thing.
If you're in multiple guilds you can chat directly with them now using /g1, /g2, etc. although you might find that the display for them is turned off in your chat window by default and you'll have to turn it back on using the dropdown options.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Do I want to know what the CBBE mod is?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

do i want to know cbbe is? i'm assuming not.

I finally got my second character to 80! It's the first of the characters I'd planned on before launch to make it to cap, my human thief.

I'm assuming berzerker will be fine as a prefix as I get all the gear slots updated to 80, but as I work on getting exo+ gear are there any cool builds based on other prefixes? Otherwise the only other thing I feel really unsure on is what weaponset I should have equipped alongside the staff.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

whydirt posted:

Do I want to know what the CBBE mod is?

It's the event horizon of Skyrim modding.

So the answer is no.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Trebuchet King posted:

I finally got my second character to 80! It's the first of the characters I'd planned on before launch to make it to cap, my human thief.

I'm assuming berzerker will be fine as a prefix as I get all the gear slots updated to 80, but as I work on getting exo+ gear are there any cool builds based on other prefixes? Otherwise the only other thing I feel really unsure on is what weaponset I should have equipped alongside the staff.
Berserker is great (read: the best) for damage but you're incredibly squishy and really need to be on the ball as a Zerk thief.

Bird has more experience playing a full Zerk thief than I do but when you're starting out I'd recommend mixing in some gear with vitality as well (look for Valkyrie gear, it's Berserker but with the precision swapped vitality) until you get the hang of not dying.

Sword and either Pistol or Dagger pair well with the Staff if you're running as a Daredevil and dual Daggers are the best raw physical damage. Shortbow is a good mobility option with okay ranged damage. Dual pistols is sort of okay ranged single target damage but it's nothing to write home about.

Thieves are decent at conditions but their power builds tend to outshine condi builds. Dual daggers can also be used with conditions and Daredevil has a morph for the dodge which causes conditions on everything around you. Pistol/dagger has always been a popular condi build for roaming in WvW and I think treizebee posted a vid of him mucking around with a daredevil using that in sPvP so he can probably comment more on that.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Trebuchet King posted:

Its a body mod that a lot of armors require iirc, couldn't tell you how awful it is though (it is probably awful).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hate to tell you guys this, I know it's a really unpopular opinion, but Reaper is my favorite class. By golly gosh it's neato.

Does anyone know if the Shambling Horrors from "Rise!" gain benefits from Death Magic traits?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I acquired the Bladed Coat and my ranger has taken a serious turn for the anime

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I acquired the Bladed Coat and my ranger has taken a serious turn for the anime

That ain't anime, it's some kind of bondage poo poo imo

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

CLAM DOWN posted:

Need a :smwhip: smiley now to go with :whip:.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I hate to tell you guys this, I know it's a really unpopular opinion, but Reaper is my favorite class. By golly gosh it's neato.

Does anyone know if the Shambling Horrors from "Rise!" gain benefits from Death Magic traits?

Yes they do.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Inzombiac posted:

They do! And they are also completely adorable and the best!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I keep expecting Reapers to get nerfed just out of reflex from ArenaNet.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Exploration based masteries should have been tied to the story, go through the story and learn little by little how to get around, how to glide, how to use the mushrooms, how to walk through poison etc etc, the poison one in particular could have led to a hilarious cutscene as your pretty prince/princess is forced to eat something horrific.

Hope you can sell those legendary armor mats, its bound to be another expensive rear end grindfest.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I set up a hilarious boonripper reaper for pvp, with Chill damage and fear damage, and chill on fear, etc, etc, etc. I usually end matches with like 80+ boons removed :getin:

As far as elite specs go for pvp, I've run into at least one of everything that was legitimately scary to play against. Haven't seen many daredevils though, and druids are more "well I guess I'm just gonna go this way now" to go against.

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 3, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Made a jp to get to the very tip top of SFD's guild hall, I like this hall a lot.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's only getting better

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i still wish alliances were a thing in gw2. guild halls are a step in the right direction, but it'd be cool if guilds could choose to link up with each other and share a dedicated chat that everyone in the alliance can see/use even if they're not in every one of the connected guilds. that, and being able to visit other guild halls on the fly would rule.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

Literally just half the mastery XP requirements so they start at the amount we needed for one "level" at 80 before and double from them, then make us able to train masteries anywhere and we'd be good. They really just need to be easier to do. I feel like I've experienced HoT and now I just need to grind the same dumb zerg events to get anything beyond level 2 or 3. Introduce a couple of fractals with gliding in or something and then let me train my masteries there.

I pretty much feel the same way. I'm through the story, have maps mostly cleared and played very actively since release. At most I have level 3 in gliding and about 2 in the rest. I feel like they should cut down the mastery exp in the same kind of amounts as they did with the elite spec.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Arus has become the God of the Arena through the discovery and use of the Arus Maneuver™ to vanquish his foes repeatedly upon their mere entry to the field of battle

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Raids and stuff coming mid-November! PvP League starting Dec 1! Wintersday Dec 15!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/

quote:

As we continue to monitor Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ on live, we’ll keep pushing out bug fixes and polish and performance updates. We’ve reached a point where these will come bundled together in larger, less frequent updates as we prepare for the activation of additional expansion features. We’ll also be releasing limited balance updates to fix really key game-breaking issues. Once every quarter, we’ll release a new, major balance update to shake up the meta for the next quarter.

once again confirming that everyone should just move to PvE

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I set up a hilarious boonripper reaper for pvp, with Chill damage and fear damage, and chill on fear, etc, etc, etc. I usually end matches with like 80+ boons removed :getin:

As far as elite specs go for pvp, I've run into at least one of everything that was legitimately scary to play against. Haven't seen many daredevils though, and druids are more "well I guess I'm just gonna go this way now" to go against.

daredevil condi is pretty hilarious (and a complete piece of poo poo to fight)

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Made a jp to get to the very tip top of SFD's guild hall, I like this hall a lot.

oh god we need more pumpkins, at 40c per corn and 100 corn per pumpkin thats 40s each and we cant buy any more until next year

CLAM DOWN posted:

Arus has become the God of the Arena through the discovery and use of the Arus Maneuver™ to vanquish his foes repeatedly upon their mere entry to the field of battle

should do this in front of wvw camps to gently caress people trying to do their dailies

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is there anything in Heart of Thorns that's gated behind a Mastery higher than Updrafts/Nuhoch Wallows? There's a couple vistas in Dragon's Stand that are in poison clouds, and that one Hero Point that requires gliding 3, but that's all I've encountered.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kajeesus posted:

Is there anything in Heart of Thorns that's gated behind a Mastery higher than Updrafts/Nuhoch Wallows? There's a couple vistas in Dragon's Stand that are in poison clouds, and that one Hero Point that requires gliding 3, but that's all I've encountered.

Itzel 4 poison lore, which gates some hero points and the whole chak fortress on Tangled Depths.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

I pretty much feel the same way. I'm through the story, have maps mostly cleared and played very actively since release. At most I have level 3 in gliding and about 2 in the rest. I feel like they should cut down the mastery exp in the same kind of amounts as they did with the elite spec.

It's been what, ten days since the expansion was released? Is there really so much wrong with not having every single thing unlocked within two weeks of the expansion being released?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Perhaps. Personally, it would be a lot more fun doing events if you made rapid progress and know that just a few event chains more and you can unlock something else. And the game gets more fun with more masteries unlocked anyway, since the movement around the jungle gets easier the more masteries you have. So with more masteries, doing events would be more fun. My point being: if I had all masteries unlocked _now_, I would still play the game. But I don't feel like it's as fun playing the game _simply to unlock the masteries_(which you then use to play the game more effectively). If that makes any sense.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I was watching Chaithh stream today, and he basically said that he never does PVE. So how does one never do PVE and still manage to pretty princess themselves?

Dungeon reward tracks, trading post, gem store.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Haha, yes! DH just does such insane burst right now. I fully expect it to get nerfed because it's 100 'nades level broken, but it's so so so fun while it lasts. Also, the healing on the F2 is out of control. It's like 80% of your hp with berserker amulet.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Organza Quiz posted:

It's been what, ten days since the expansion was released? Is there really so much wrong with not having every single thing unlocked within two weeks of the expansion being released?

Guild wars 2 is largely built on exploration, exploration should never be gated in any capacity, much less by a hefty grind that pretty much requires you to do a boring meta event over and over and over.

I don't have to much time to play anymore and given the grind how it is right now, I'd rather just play something else whenever I do have any free time because I both don't care much for repeating events and even then I don't do that much progress, poo poo I'm not even that high, I'm still at 4 working on gliding 3 and it needs 1.7m exp, I can't imagine how much more you need the further you go down the tree.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I was watching Chaithh stream today, and he basically said that he never does PVE. So how does one never do PVE and still manage to pretty princess themselves?

He's had three years and thousands of hours of being really good at it. The rewards from pvp themselves are kind of meh, but when you keep winning tournaments with gem prizes and the occasional legendary as a prize, the princessing resources start to add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Due to my work schedule I won't be able to run any more hero trains until the weekend my time, so Friday night US time. See if you can coax Schpyder to run stuff in the meantime if you still need hero points.

• Locked thread