Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Might be time to get on the Dorial Green Beckham train. Kendall Wright has an MCL sprain and is wearing a brace and Mariota is coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
So, I played against an absentee player who started Anquan Boldin this week, and didn't make any roster moves to have a full line up when two of his guys were on bye. I shamefully squeaked by with a 1.7 point lead. Today he's suddenly come to life and claimed some guys off waivers to play in tonight's game. This is the first waiver transaction he's made all year.

I'm thinking the guy who is a game back from me in my division called him and told him to set his lineup, but I don't really have any evidence. Do I call him out on this? Does it really matter even if he did?

Enforka fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 3, 2015

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Enforka posted:

I'm thinking the guy who is a game back from me in my division called him and told him to set his lineup, but I don't really have any evidence. Do I call him out on this? Does it really matter even if he did?

No, it sucks that you didn't get a free win I guess, but neither player did anything wrong :shrug:

The person in second in my division (I'm first), got a free win from someone who decided not to play a QB or a D. I'm playing that same person this week who came to life, and is going to beat me because I lost Bell. Thems the breaks.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

mike- posted:

That's interesting you think that. I think the team getting Gurley wins in a landslide.

I just really value consistent points at the TE and DEF. I understand Gurley is nice but if two different positions can give me big points I'll keep em all day over 1 and two replacements that don't.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
You can stream defenses and come reasonably close to DEN so it's basically Gronk for Gurley and I take Gurley every time. Kid looks unstoppable out there. I can't really compare him to Peterson who's more of a bully on the field but Gurley seems to be able to shift into a second gear almost instantaneously.

If I was doing redraft today and Bell wasn't hurt id take Gurley over him. In a heartbeat. And I take both of them over Gronk.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

No, it sucks that you didn't get a free win I guess, but neither player did anything wrong :shrug:

The person in second in my division (I'm first), got a free win from someone who decided not to play a QB or a D. I'm playing that same person this week who came to life, and is going to beat me because I lost Bell. Thems the breaks.
To me, it falls in a grey area. If the commissioner makes the call and makes sure everyone in the league have their lineups set, so be it. But I find the idea of players in the league prompting other players to manage their teams so that you get an advantage slightly distasteful, even if its something obvious that anyone paying attention would do.

For instance, would it be acceptable for me to send Mr Absentee a reminder that he has #1 waiver priority this week and that he should definitely pick up Deangelo Williams before my rival with the #2 claim can? After all, it's something anyone who was paying any amount of attention to fantasy football would do. Because this is not a hypothetical question, and I have to say, I am mighty tempted to do it.

Enforka fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 3, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Enforka posted:

To me, it falls in a grey area. If the commissioner makes the call and makes sure everyone in the league have their lineups set, so be it. But I find the idea of players in the league prompting other players to manage their teams so that you get an advantage slightly distasteful, even if its something obvious that anyone paying attention would do.

For instance, would it be acceptable for me to send Mr Absentee a reminder that he has #1 waiver priority this week and that he should definitely pick up Deangelo Williams before my rival with the #2 claim can? After all, it's something anyone who was paying any amount of attention to fantasy football would do. Because this is not a hypothetical question, and I have to say, I am mighty tempted to do it.

I don't see a problem with this

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
I was offered his Cam Newton for my Gio Bernard in 1 pt PPR. I'm basically thinking about playoffs right now, but I'm leaning towards no since I don't like Cam's schedule for weeks 14-16 but maybe I'm being stupid?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I don't think you should trade Gio for a QB when you already have two QBs, but how do you not like Cam's week 14-16 schedule? Atl, NYG, Atl sounds pretty solid to me.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Lost by 12 to the autodraft team. Brees' 54 points was 45% of his output for the week. I'm 2-6 and effectively dead in the water.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Enforka posted:

Yeah why not? Unless you're the commissioner forcing the player on his lineup I don't see the problem. He doesn't have to take your advice.

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat

DeepDickPizza posted:

I don't think you should trade Gio for a QB when you already have two QBs, but how do you not like Cam's week 14-16 schedule? Atl, NYG, Atl sounds pretty solid to me.

Fair, I just looked at the numbers showing that Atl has been the 5th worst defense for QB's in our league so far, but I'm not sure how much that's worth. So you think the upgrade over Bortles (who I would probably drop) isn't worth losing Gio?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

WaveLength posted:

Fair, I just looked at the numbers showing that Atl has been the 5th worst defense for QB's in our league so far, but I'm not sure how much that's worth. So you think the upgrade over Bortles (who I would probably drop) isn't worth losing Gio?

Drop Peyton, start Bortles, don't trade Gio for Cam.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I would absolutely sell high on Gio right now. Hill looked better than he has, and they ran with him last week like they committed to. Many of their games down the stretch project as "Hill games", especially with the weather getting cold.

Don't get me wrong, I still like Gio and he will continue to have some value, I just think this is his peak value right now, so if I had a need elsewhere...

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Franks Happy Place posted:

I would absolutely sell high on Gio right now. Hill looked better than he has, and they ran with him last week like they committed to. Many of their games down the stretch project as "Hill games", especially with the weather getting cold.

Don't get me wrong, I still like Gio and he will continue to have some value, I just think this is his peak value right now, so if I had a need elsewhere...

Yea, but not for a QB when he already has Bortles scoring as much as Cam anyways.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tyree posted:

Might be time to get on the Dorial Green Beckham train. Kendall Wright has an MCL sprain and is wearing a brace and Mariota is coming back.

OTOH DGB has shown nothing that shows he knows how to play in the NFL so far this season.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Spoeank posted:

OTOH DGB has shown nothing that shows he knows how to play in the NFL so far this season.

The Titans offense in general is this way. You're picking scraps from a team that can't find the end zone at all, and this is coming from a guy who starts Kendall Wright on a regular basis.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Spoeank posted:

Have you been terribly wrong about any players this year? You chime in with strong opinions fairly regularly and at least from what I've seen you hit more often than not. Not saying this particular post is necessarily controversial but you go against the grain sometimes. Keep it up! You've certainly steered me away from some bad moves once or twice.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Timett posted:

Have you been terribly wrong about any players this year? You chime in with strong opinions fairly regularly and at least from what I've seen you hit more often than not. Not saying this particular post is necessarily controversial but you go against the grain sometimes. Keep it up! You've certainly steered me away from some bad moves once or twice.

AFAIK Charmander is his only big miss. He's been right way more times than wrong lately.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Charcandrick west but other than that listen to spoeank

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Would you guys rather have Jeremy Hill or Jonathan Stewart?

I've got Eifert & Jordan Reed and just sniped Vernon Davis. Dude with Ivory, Hill, and Stewart wants Reed.

Hill
- Was a monster last year, had disappointed this year
- Bengals have shifted back momentum to Hill after riding Gio all season
- Bengals insist on relying on Hill during the winter months

Stewart
- Carolina is all defense + ground & pound and Stewart is the lead horse after a disappointing first part of the season
- Juicy fantasy playoff schedule

89 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 3, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Just won after needing 10 pts from Olsen. Feels good man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You guys are too kind. I whiffed on Barnidge but that was more of a "ehhhhhhh maybe he just sucks?" His breakout game against Oakland broke my radar because they stink against TEs.

The only takes I'm proud of are CJA & Fitz over Floyd. That second one is an incomplete anyways because of the hand injury.

I feel crappy about whiffing on Charmander though.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

89 posted:

Would you guys rather have Jeremy Hill or Jonathan Stewart?

I've got Eifert & Jordan Reed and just sniped Vernon Davis. Dude with Ivory, Hill, and Stewart wants Reed.

Hill
- Was a monster last year, had disappointed this year
- Bengals have shifted back momentum to Hill after riding Gio all season
- Bengals insist on relying on Hill during the winter months

Stewart
- Carolina is all defense + ground & pound and Stewart is the lead horse after a disappointing first part of the season
- Juicy fantasy playoff schedule

I'm a huge Jeremy Hill fangirl obviously but I have to take Stewart here. He owns that backfield to an extent that Hill simply doesn't right now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Despite it being the 49ers I was going to ditch the Falcons D considering they got blown up by the freaking Buccs, but with Gabbert starting I don't know

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I have Palmer and Ryan, and I'm pretty much done with Ryan. If 20 points is all he can get against TB in overtime, he's not going to do me much good ROS. Luckily both Carr and Taylor are available, and I'm leaning towards Carr. Please tell me I'm (not) crazy.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Could gabbert be any worse than kaepernick right now?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Did anyone make a waivers post for this week yet?

I know that #1 is DWilly for all of the FAAB but is there anyone else out there?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dren posted:

I know that #1 is DWilly for all of the FAAB but is there anyone else out there?

Langford, Spiller, whoever the RB is in SF if you're incredibly desperate, Aiken, Malcom Floyd, Vernon Davis if you're desperate at TE

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Badly Jester posted:

I have Palmer and Ryan, and I'm pretty much done with Ryan. If 20 points is all he can get against TB in overtime, he's not going to do me much good ROS. Luckily both Carr and Taylor are available, and I'm leaning towards Carr. Please tell me I'm (not) crazy.

I'm stuck with Ryan as my Palmer backup too. Carr just got picked up so I'm just using him for Palmer's bye for (hopefully) the last time and just go with Palmer every other game. I think even if Ryan picks things back up and performing well, Carr will be roughly just as good or maybe still even better, so I don't think it's crazy to swap them out. If you end up losing on the deal it should hopefully not be too much of a difference. I think you'd be starting Palmer most weeks anyway.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Dren posted:

Working on it now. It's a tough one this week. I might cheat and go 1A/1B etc for the WRs.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Should I drop Randle for Darren Sproles?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Wisenhunt "relieved from coaching duties"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Wisenhunt "relieved from coaching duties"

I tentatively soften my DGB take because who knows what will happen under Mularkey. That having been said:

From Thursday:
"OC Jason Michael said the Titans need to push Dorial Green-Beckham but he also "has to be comfortable and be able to play fast.""

From Sunday:
"His only catch was a deflected pass that was intended for Justin Hunter. He was also targeted on Zach Mettenberger's interception. "

It doesn't look good for him.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I need to drop Ladarius Green and get another backup TE/Flex option (My current starter is Martellus Bennett), should I be shooting for a newly-freed VD, Crockett Gilmore, or Jacob Tamme? (12-person ESPN, 0 PPR)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If it's for a speculative pickup/backup, I'd go:
Davis, Gillmore, Green, You have 1 empty spot on your roster, Tamme.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

FP's Week 9 WW rankings. As usual, cutoff is 50% owned in yahoo. Rankings intended for ppr. I cheated this time around and listed "A" and "B" ranked players for ones that were too close for me to separate.

WRs
1A) Marvin Jones - Always going to be boom-bust as Dalton's deep threat, but the upside is huge. He's gone 90 yards and a touchdown twice already this season, and his next three games are CLE/HOU/ARI. He looks open a lot, is efficient with his targets, and is part of one of the best offenses in the NFL right now. He even has over 20% of his team's red zone looks, and is 2nd in drawing DPI yards (behind Smokey Brown). HOWEVER, Andy Dalton is about to play three consecutive prime-time games (this thursday night, then next monday night, then the following sunday night). Maybe the red rifle is a changed man, but... caveat loving emptor.

1B) Stevie Johnson - Averaging about 6 targets per game as the WR2 behind Allen, Stevie has actually been a tad disappointing to me so far. But with Allen out with a kidney injury and Gates dealing with an MCL, Stevie could finally see enough volume to make him an easy top-20 start. It's probable that Woodhead will see the biggest bump in this circumstance, but I'm not convinced that the offensive line is good enough to let Rivers take deep shots with Malcom and Inman with much regularity. Stevie's role as a possession guy should make him a primary benificiary of Allen's absense, and he still holds some touchdown upside with his boss-as-hell route running ability. Allen will potentially be back in a few weeks, but the next three games are a relatively nice run of CHI, KC, JAX.

2A) Kamar Aiken - Pour one out for one of the greats. Steve Smith is out for the season with a torn achilles, likely ending his career. Aiken is basically the only "notable" receiver left on the roster, and will likely step in as the #1 target for Flacco down the stretch. The pedigree sure ain't great - he's a 5th-year receiver that wasn't targeted until his 4th year in the league, and even going back to Central Florida his contributions have been modest (to say it nicely). But the combination of targets and touchdown upside make him fantasy relevant. Honestly though, I think Gilmore, Forsett, and Chris Givens (a guy to watch in deep leagues for the season) will see shares of Steve's volume as well.

2B) Nate Washington - Still getting volume opposite Nuke. Turned 6 this past week into 4/74/1, and a crazy 16 targets in week 7 into 9/127/2. He seems to be averaging 9-10 targets per week in this pass-happy offense, which is enough to overcome his relatively low catch rate (career 53%) and post some meaningful numbers. Shorts should be back soon (probably after the bye), which will cut into his share (possibly by a considerable margin), but upcoming games against CIN (week 10) and especially NO (week 12) remain promising.

3) Ginn Jr - Good news! Ginn isn't leading the league in drops any more! Thanks Leonard Hankerson! And more good news: Cam owns and is pushing the ball down field hard. Among players with at least 20 catches, Ginn is 5th in air yards per reception (which is good because is YAC yards suck). If he just catches half his targets and falls over, he's good for 50 yards (yes this is the real math). As long as Cam continues to be good, Ginn will continue to be fantasy relevant, but his upside is limited by his mediocre talent.

4) Malcom Floyd - could see increased volume with Allen out. Posted a respectable 4/92/2 this past week. Better in standard than ppr.

Others: Reuben Randle (getting looks, still don't trust the talent), DGB (red zone threat with a lot to prove) Amendola (diminished role now that LaFell is back), Robert Woods (relevant while Watkins is out), Dwayne Harris (for return yard leagues only)

RB
1) Deangelo Williams - LeVeon is out for the season and DWill is the clear #1 add of the week. Becomes an immediate starter.

2) Charlie Sims - His piece of the passing game gives him a nice floor in ppr formats. He's also looking better as a runner in an offense that has been looking decent. A respectable fill-in for the bye-week gauntlet with touchdown upside and potential as an injury play (he'd be the primary back if the muscle hampster gets hurt).

3) Jeremy Langford - seen by many as the heir apparent to Forte in Chicago, it makes sense for them to give him a good look while Forte is sidelined with an MCL issue. He looked decent filling in this past week, and a lot of folks are going to have him as the #2 (or even #1) pickup this week. But there's a few things that give me pause. While he's fast, tough, and runs hard, he might lack both the build and the power to grind out yards after initial contact. And while he has good hands and is effective in the screen game, he lacks the awareness and wiggle to be as effective in the passing game as Forte. People were projecting him as a career backup type coming into the draft, and we don't know if he's more than that yet (though to be fair, he was stuck behind LeVeon for two years in college). Most importantly, after a juicy matchup against a depleted Chargers, he squares off against the Rams, Broncos, and Packers. Even if Forte misses ~3-4 weeks, I can't see Langford really making a splash against a lineup like that. I'd love to be wrong, but Langford is a hell of a gamble. That said, this coming week against SD could see some fireworks. Good for a plug-and-play if you're desparate.

4) Matt Jones - Going into the bye, Gruden talked about "fixing the running game" as one of his primary focuses. Jones outsnapped Morris 46-10 in week 7 and is likely the future of the team with Morris in the last year of his contract. Though Gruden more recently implied that both guys would continue to rotate, I think Jones' arrow is continuing to point up. NOT currently a guy I'd want to be starting, Jones is a solid upside stash on the outside chance they start to fade Morris. If you're set with at least 4 startable RBs, I'd give Jones a hard look.

5) Theo Riddick - passing-game bye-week guy with a high floor. Take if starter is needed (full-ppr I might take over Langford even if a long-term starter is needed), skip if you have 4+ starters already.

6) David Cobb - Still kind of excited about the kid, but he apparently reported back from IR fat and out of shape. I'm guessing we may need to wait a year on this one.

7) Bradshaw - we know that he has touchdown upside. The problem appears to be getting within sniffing distance of the red zone. Fun fact: going into this past week, the Colts were top-3 in rate of 3-and-outs!

others: Buck Allen, CMike

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 3, 2015

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I was going to drop Stevie... Now you have made me reconsider.

Anyway, who's a good TE streaming option for this week? 0PPR

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
My trade for AJ Green just went through. I gave up Peyton/Matt Bryant/ Jordan Reed. Feels good. Now I need to figure out how to replace 5 people on bye this week.(QB/WR/K/DEF/D)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

PT Cruiser to the 49ers

I am enjoying this trainwreck.

• Locked thread