Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I like the video game, therefore everybody likes the video game. Some people claim not to like it, but I like it, so the people who say they don't like it must be lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

2house2fly posted:

It's inconceivable to me that someone would not like something that I like. They must be pretending to not like it.

Like I said, it sucks watching people go out of their way to confirm their extremely negative biases. If all someone can do is complain about a game they haven't played, really it's just a reflection of their toxic internal condition!

I hope you can craft costumes for the dog.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
There are some pc ultra screenshots on that other forum somehow. Doesnt looks as poo poo as previous screenshots.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Holy poo poo the amount of screaming in these last pages is so good imma get in on it

2house2fly posted:

It's inconceivable to me that someone would not like something that I like. They must be pretending to not like it.

No that's not possible they must be brokebrain fuckhead retards who never have a joy in their life!!

rap music posted:

Like I said, it sucks watching people go out of their way to confirm their extremely negative biases.

Watching the only gameplay streams available is not "going out of my way to confirm my extremely negative bias".

Funky Britches fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 3, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

can't happy brain broke

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You know who doesn't like this game? Cowards.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The game looks like an RPG and will play like an RPG and at some point the people that want it to look and play with an FPS are entitled to their opinions but are not ever going to get what they want out of this series and should just stop looking at it to be the game they want.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I wish it was isometric again

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Minorkos posted:

i'm the guy who aims down sights with a god drat flamethrower

I do this in warframe all the time. It's loving rad. Nothing like blinding your entire team and giving them seizures from the glare of the fire and all that bloom as you annihilate entire rooms. :black101:

Edit: Also if Bethesda doesn't try to gently caress over the mod scene for a buck like they did in Skyrim this game will end up good no matter what. Given the massive amount of depth mods add to the game it's literally the ultimate sandbox fantasy RPG now.

Edit 2: Like seriously. I have a mod here that lets me literally shout with my real life words to do the Thuum shouts, another one that lets me literally construct my own town anywhere in the world with a complete economy and an included war system (Fallout 4 appears to have literally stole the town stuff from that mod maker by the way.), another one that adds in freaking naval content and combat of all things and lets me be a pirate with sailable ships, one that turns the game into a full blown first person or top down RTS that lets you command armies, and another one that actually makes the civil war an actual dynamic war that's different every playthrough thanks to every NPC and actor making their own decisions as independent actors leading or as part of a military.

If Bethesda isn't a complete cock up the game's going to be loving awesome in the long run no matter what. The upside to the mod scene being so crazy and incestuous is that they'll cheerfully make crazy poo poo at no cost.

Then again, it's Bethesda. They haven't exactly been encouraging as of the last year and a half. So who knows.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 3, 2015

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Funky Britches posted:

Watching the only gameplay streams available is not "going out of my way to confirm my extremely negative bias".

Nitpicking them while specifically overlooking anything that looks good or interesting is.

I would have thought toxic people that have been relegated to lives of solitude would at least try and enjoy the escape of video games, but what do I know?

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

rap music posted:

Nitpicking them while specifically overlooking anything that looks good or interesting is.

I would have thought toxic people that have been relegated to lives of solitude would at least try and enjoy the escape of video games, but what do I know?

You seem genuinely unable to comprehend that someone might not enjoy Fallout 4.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

rap music posted:

They don't have the courage to enjoy things. Not anymore.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

They're definitely going for a much more stylized approach which is more interesting if nothing else.

I'd say it almost looks like if TF2 became a tad more realistic, but I'm gonna stick with my old comparison of Bioshock Infinite (except this looks much crisper than Infinite).

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
gonna be really controversial and say that the game will be good, not great, but not terrible either. peace

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

it's gonna be a solid 8/10

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Funky Britches posted:

You seem genuinely unable to comprehend that someone might not enjoy Fallout 4.

How's that? I fully appreciate that some people are incapable of enjoying things, Fallout 4 included. Like I said, it just sucks to see when people don't have the COURAGE to even try.

projecthalaxy posted:

They don't have the courage to enjoy things. Not anymore.

I enjoyed this post.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's going to be great because they moderately stretched the foundations of the base game, making it easier for mod makers to expand from there.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

I hope you can change the HUD color like in FO3 cuz that green is searing my eyes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Imagine the sort of craven, wormlike existence you would have to have to not like or to speak against Fallout 4, the video game.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Imagine the sort of craven, wormlike existence you would have to have to not like or to speak against Fallout 4, the video game.

Get out of my video game, you miserable wretches.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Funky Britches posted:

I hope you can change the HUD color like in FO3 cuz that green is searing my eyes.

According to NeoGAF you have RGB sliders for the HUD color now.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This game is gonna be so good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

games gonna be real bad

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The videos were all nuked from the latest tube channel, did anyone grab them or were you all too goddamn busy circle-jerking about whatever the gently caress?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

botany posted:

gonna be really controversial and say that the game will be good, not great, but not terrible either. peace

Kill this filth

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The game looks like an RPG and will play like an RPG and at some point the people that want it to look and play with an FPS are entitled to their opinions but are not ever going to get what they want out of this series and should just stop looking at it to be the game they want.

I think people can be forgiven for wanting it to play like an FPS considering the majority of the game consists of shooting from a first-person perspective.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm going to wait until I can play the video game before forming an opinion. That opinion will be that the game is really good.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

rap music posted:

How's that? I fully appreciate that some people are incapable of enjoying things, Fallout 4 included. Like I said, it just sucks to see when people don't have the COURAGE to even try.

Heh, ok you successfully tempted me into a snafu. Good one.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I heard the game forces you to use an ingame currency to buy ingame items, that you have to earn through completing "quests"

I can barely contain my rage

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

2house2fly posted:

I think people can be forgiven for wanting it to play like an FPS considering the majority of the game consists of shooting from a first-person perspective.

No one makes you play first person. There's a third person mode which will be slightly off kilter

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

botany posted:

I'm gonna play the game and enjoy some things about it and also think that some things about it are pretty dumb, but ultimately probably have a pretty good time playing video games.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't understand why any of you give a poo poo about another goon being excited/skeptical about this game.

Get it or don't, it really is not a big deal.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm gonna play the game and enjoy some things about it and also think that some things about it are pretty dumb, but ultimately probably have a pretty good time playing video games.

I have the courage to like video games. It is comforting to see something familiar in another.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

A simple 'No' would have sufficed

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
They added special moves that let you just stand there and watch enemies explode around you. You don't have to do any FPS combat if you don't want to.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I will buy the Ultimate Edition in a year and a half, by which time there will probably be a bunch of good mods.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Meridian posted:

I don't understand why any of you give a poo poo about another goon being excited/skeptical about this game.

Get it or don't, it really is not a big deal.

Convert the heretic, annihilate the coward

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What are you guys arguing about

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
This is it, this thread has turned into NMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

I can't even put into words how stupid this is.

• Locked thread