Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, this was linked in CD a while back. She's awesome. I hope she thrives in tv.

Yeah, it's a hell of an interview. She's at times equally passionate and just so clearly weary of all the poo poo involved. It's a great insight into the hell she's gone through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Rhyno posted:

Which is absolute unfair bullshit.

Cause what would we do without the visionary director of Green Street Hooligans?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Or the worst Punisher movie.

Yeah, I went there :colbert:.

she seems really cool and talented though, and it's a shame she isn't getting more work of any kind

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jonathan Hensleigh directed the worst Punisher movie, not Lexi Alexander. Or if you want to count it Phil Joanou's was worse no matter what deluded fanboys will say to convince you otherwise.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I won't derail the thread. I said my piece and I'm sticking to it no matter what War Zone fans try to tell me. :c00lbert:

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think that Diggle is going to be in that grave in 6 months.

Diggle has a happy family. Plus Diggle runs around wearing a T-Mask at the same time they're introducing Mr. Terrific. It's not a huge leap to think that Terrific just picked up Diggles outfit along with a T shaped helmet.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 3, 2015

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

thrakkorzog posted:

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think that Diggle is going to be in that grave in 6 months.

Diggle has a happy family. Plus Diggle runs around wearing a T-Mask at the same time they're introducing Mr. Terrific. It's not a huge leap to think that Terrific just picked up Diggles outfit along with a T shaped helmet.

I'm beginning to think that might be the case as well. The only "plot armor" Diggle has is that from a PC perspective it wouldn't look great to kill off the only ethnic minority in the main cast and on the team. But now they can get around that for the first time by adding Mr Terrific to replace him on the team immediately afterwards.

Woden
May 6, 2006

bbf2 posted:

I'm beginning to think that might be the case as well. The only "plot armor" Diggle has is that from a PC perspective it wouldn't look great to kill off the only ethnic minority in the main cast and on the team. But now they can get around that for the first time by adding Mr Terrific to replace him on the team immediately afterwards.

He can also replace Felicity. Guessing that's the toss up the writers have, if the Oliver/Laurel thing starts to work out then off Felicity otherwise it's Diggle.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Woden posted:

He can also replace Felicity. Guessing that's the toss up the writers have, if the Oliver/Laurel thing starts to work out then off Felicity otherwise it's Diggle.

They won't off Felicity. They don't have the guts to. 90% of the most rabid and devoted internet fans of the show are ravenous "Olicity" shippers. That fanbase pressure is the only reason why the two even started dating in the first place, Felicity was never intended to become the romantic lead initially. Marc Guggenheim is a sensitive man who is very active on tumblr and other social media sites who listens to and responds to the crazy fans and caves under pressure.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As Constantine said in "Haunted" If I had known Ollie had been hanging around so many beautiful women I would have shown up sooner..

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

thrakkorzog posted:

If Diggle dies, Oliver has no male relationships left. Unless they can resurrect Tommy Merlyn, Diggle's role can't be replaced.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TyrantWD posted:

If Diggle dies, Oliver has no male relationships left. Unless they can resurrect Tommy Merlyn, Diggle's role can't be replaced.

Quentin Lance.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It's either gonna be Diggle or Lance, but the ladies are all safe. I'm still leaning toward Diggle, with Mister Terrific waiting in the wings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People should probably watch the leaked episode just to see how weird non final TV can be.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Boy, that may be the worst typo I've ever made here.

Lexi Alexander, Alexander Graham Bell, Lexi Bell.

How dare he accuse you of being some sort of pervert?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

People should probably watch the leaked episode just to see how weird non final TV can be.

It's crazy how much post processing is done on TV nowadays. Anything that isn't a multicam sitcom has a ton of subtle CG work done to it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

X-O posted:

Yeah, someone sent me a link to a video where she was on some youtube show about a year ago talking about that kind of stuff and it was amazing. She's fantastic. I wish I could remember the video and I'd link it.

EDIT: Well that was easier than I thought. Watch this interview. Lexi is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TtekSEivC0

Thank you for this. I love hearing more about this stuff, as Lexi makes a good point that people just aren't aware of the discrimination that happens, or if they are just how far it can go. There's so much I've found out in the past couple years just by paying a little more attention and actually spending the odd evening actually looking for it. It's disgusting, the stuff you can learn.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

muscles like this? posted:

It's crazy how much post processing is done on TV nowadays. Anything that isn't a multicam sitcom has a ton of subtle CG work done to it.

I'm curious what you felt was off, other than that one obvious scene that was captioned 'non final VFX'. I actually didn't notice anything wrong in the episode, though maybe I was too captivated by how awesome everything was.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Aphrodite posted:

Is it as good as the leaked workprint of Wolverine Origins where Wolverine turns into the Silver Surfer during effects heavy shots and fights clip art of a helicopter?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, it's mostly just audio stuff.

There's a few fighting and arrowing bits that will probably get touched up with CGI though.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah that was really interesting on that level, also the fact that that's what they send out to reviewers, which I didn't really realize. That must cloud their opinions somewhat.

The thing that really struck me wasn't VFX, but all the missing sound work. SFX, ADR, scoring. That ADR Lance-but-not-Lance line at the end was funny.

Aphrodite posted:

Lexi Alexander, Alexander Graham Bell, Lexi Bell.

How dare he accuse you of being some sort of pervert?!

(old timey 1930's accent) Yeah! That's the ticket!

Re: Diggle, after the initial episodes of this season, he does seem a bit removed from the rest of the cast. So there might be something there with that theory. And look how quickly they gave him closure about his brother's connection to Darkh and HIVE.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
I actually kind of like the change in tone from the fairly dark early seasons to now. Shows a good evolution of a guy struggling with his darkness. I really enjoyed the old stuff, but a new feel isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

I actually kind of like the change in tone from the fairly dark early seasons to now. Shows a good evolution of a guy struggling with his darkness. I really enjoyed the old stuff, but a new feel isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Also a good way to separate yourself as a Batman clone.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, frankly, slowly forming a team and becoming less dark and brutal over time is a quintessential part of Batman's narrative, as well.

...What I'm basically saying is that Arrow's probably gonna be a Batman clone to the bitter end. :buddy:

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Mooseontheloose posted:

Also a good way to separate yourself as a Batman clone.

You aren't far off. That character was always a variant of Batman. But that's not necessarily a negative, and even though they end up relatively similar, their paths are different enough to still make them unique enough. I actually prefer the first season version the best(in the same way Midnighter > Batman), but it's the journey that's important.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

You aren't far off. That character was always a variant of Batman. But that's not necessarily a negative, and even though they end up relatively similar, their paths are different enough to still make them unique enough. I actually prefer the first season version the best(in the same way Midnighter > Batman), but it's the journey that's important.

True, also I like that GA is willing to break the no kill rule.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mooseontheloose posted:

True, also I like that GA is willing to break the no kill rule.

One thing that isn't getting enough love is that Ollie is using tranq arrows sometimes. It's only been in a few shots, but you can very clearly see hypodermics on the end of the arrows.

Now where's my motherfucking boxing glove arrows? And don't give me that Wildcat's Gym poo poo, I want a real arrow that blows up into a boxing glove and then punches a HIVE agent.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So speculation: As a few people here have theorized Diggle gets the shaft and dies this season. I think that's likely. But also then that the cross over with flash brings us super Diggle from earth II. Who becomes Mr. Terriffic.

E;
Lazarus Pits. Time travel. Parallel Earths. Doppelgängers. Now we just have a million plot tools
For the standard soap opera dead but not twists

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 4, 2015

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Oaky so there is one thing that I noticed recently while watching this show and I'm going to bring it up to see if I'm the only one who noticed this:

So in Season one (and also in all the flashbacks technically) Thea lived in the mansion with Moria and later Walt. After Walt left and Moria got sent to prison for her role in the undertaking she then begins living with Roy at his place. Of course at the end of Season 2 after she finds out that everyone in her life has been lying to her and she runs of with Merlyn to that south american country and begins living with him in his mansion. Of course during Season three she leaves and moves back to Starling City and into that swanky Apartment with Ollie. Now in season 4 we find that she moved out of that aparment and left it to Ollie and Felicity and has moved into Laurels apartment. She has never once lived on her own. I just find that kind of odd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She would have lived alone for the 6 months Ollie was away.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Why is that weird? I've never lived alone either.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Yeah but Thea's never lived in a basement either.

Unless you count the Arrow cave kinda. Full of computers and cosplay gear.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Aphrodite posted:

She would have lived alone for the 6 months Ollie was away.

I got the impression that she stopped living in the apartment after Ras killed her in it, not when Ollie moved back to Star city. Not living on your own is par for the course for the ultra wealthy though - it's far more likely that they just live the the family mansion, spending the family money, waiting to inherit. In fact, the pressure to live on your own as soon as you're an adult is a uniquely American one as far as I can tell - In Australia for example most people continue living at home at least until they finish university and get a full time job, and in many cultures the norm is to continue living with your parents until you get married.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

The Lord Bude posted:

In fact, the pressure to live on your own as soon as you're an adult is a uniquely American one as far as I can tell - In Australia for example most people continue living at home at least until they finish university and get a full time job, and in many cultures the norm is to continue living with your parents until you get married.

I'm glad you pointed this out, and I wish more people in this country realized that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Why is that weird? I've never lived alone either.

That's what we're trying to say. You're weird and we notice.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

That's what we're trying to say. You're weird and we notice.

Stop man, you're gonna hurt my feeling.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drat that was rough.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yes, Ollie did meet Constantine on the island.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She's attacking women who look like Thea (also I did not watch the leak.)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Lol Ollie's life truly is constantly synchronized with things that happened to him precisely five years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well this time a few days have passed in the present since the last episode, while the past is like still taking place within the same hour or two since about the second one.

• Locked thread