Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I use great sword, long sword, switch axe, glaive, hammer, hunting horn, gunlance and dual blades but I have never gotten the hang of gunner weapons. I have a bow set but it never clicked with me.

The gunner weapons are all pretty different. Not so much LBG and HBG since those control mostly the same way, but bow honestly plays like a melee weapon. You're doing a lot of the same things as Hammer, just with a weird long-range hitbox that you have to aim.

Or at least that's how they felt when I first learned to use them in p3rd, going from Hammer main to a Bow. I think the 3DS layout might change the buttons around so much that it stops feeling that way. given the button/nub placement on the 3ds, the new layout is better, but it also makes ranged play a little harder to adapt to since you're learning a whole new button format. and swapping to the old layout makes it harder to charge while aiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mach2 posted:

now that every class has jumping moves will the online stop being 99% Insect Glaive users?

IG is fun.

you can do jumping mounts using lance too but i dont think anyone does that

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

01011001 posted:

power shot owns

hell loving yeah

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

havent hunted any mons in awhile but all this talk is giving me the thirst

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Awesome! posted:

havent hunted any mons in awhile but all this talk is giving me the thirst

There's never a bad time to get back into the hunt.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ordered xenoblade

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

tumor looking batty posted:

ordered xenoblade

congrats on the good purchase

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think I finished all the 3DS games I had and I'm still thirsty. Not buying Legend of Legacy because the demo sucked, not interested on Triforce Heroes but I liked Youkai Watch... Should I buy it or has there been a good game price drop recently/somethign cool coming?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The thirst for Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Default and Mario and Luigi is physically hurting me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You play Gunstar Heroes3D?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

You play Gunstar Heroes3D?

I remember the original being more fun in multiplayer and was too short

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Also remember how good meteos is, I've been playing again from scratch and it's such a delight unlocking everything and just basking in those sakurai menus. I always thought it was superior to lumines and I hope it returns someday.

the guy in your av is why 15-year-old me bought meteos. and he was right

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

As a Millennial I posted:

the guy in your av is why 15-year-old me bought meteos. and he was right

I know you might not believe me at first, but the guy you're quoting is the one and only real Tycho Brahe.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Sword and shield is insanely undervalued and very very fun. Especially if you make a slime weapon since they basically hit as fast as dual blades but get much higher elemental values so you are just blowing poo poo up left and right and mounting everything you see and full healing your entire party like 15 times a fight.

Also remember how good meteos is, I've been playing again from scratch and it's such a delight unlocking everything and just basking in those sakurai menus. I always thought it was superior to lumines and I hope it returns someday.
I was going to quote this again when I saw someone else in the thread quoted it to talk about how great Meteos is, but it turns out I already did that. Meteos is great.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

net cafe scandal posted:

I know you might not believe me at first, but the guy you're quoting is the one and only real Tycho Brahe.

I cant believe they put him in Civ V.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I just bought a bunch of Sega 3D Classics and they're all awesome, Fantasy Zone is a very good game. Buy all of them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Currently starting work on making one of the sickest 3ds games in the universe... it's going to be a press turn rpg.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

welcome to the forums, Tycho Brahe.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
Liberation Maiden is a fun game if you can stomach the ludicrous amounts of terribly generic anime

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is the new 3d picross out in america yet

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

what the gently caress there's a 3DS toki tori in the making

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

How important is the extra screen size on the 3DS XL? I'm trying to decide which of the 3DS family I want for my first handheld system since the original DS and I don't know whether to spring for the XL or just get a 2DS on the cheap. I just can't tell if the 2/3DS screen is too small and you need the extra space or if everything on the XL screen will be all stretched out because the games are designed for the smaller screen or something.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

How important is the extra screen size on the 3DS XL? I'm trying to decide which of the 3DS family I want for my first handheld system since the original DS and I don't know whether to spring for the XL or just get a 2DS on the cheap. I just can't tell if the 2/3DS screen is too small and you need the extra space or if everything on the XL screen will be all stretched out because the games are designed for the smaller screen or something.

get a new 3DS XL and screen protectors from Hori

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The XL screen looks fine and never stretched at all, and the New 3DS Xl is the best version of the console. it should come with screen protectors but if for some reason it doesnt then yeah i guess get some from 3rd party

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Kinsky posted:

Liberation Maiden is a fun game if you can stomach the ludicrous amounts of terribly generic anime

This must be for me, becuase I refuse to play games that don't contain terribly generic anime.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bolverkur posted:

get a new 3DS XL and screen protectors from Hori

^

also try to find the oldest New 3DS XL you can and pray you can mod one because new 3ds has the might to do homebrew unlike the old one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

or if everything on the XL screen will be all stretched out because the games are designed for the smaller screen or something.

The only thing you need to worry about this for is regular DS games with really good sprites (Castlevanias and Dragon Quests come to mind), but luckily you can hold start while loading any DS game to play it at the original resolution, and not stretched.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dragon Quest IV and V look really good on my Nintendo 3DS XL

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

New 3DS XL it is then, thanks everyone!

Bolverkur posted:

Dragon Quest IV and V look really good on my Nintendo 3DS XL

That's especially good to hear because I own DQIV but haven't gotten too far into it yet

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

That's especially good to hear because I own DQIV but haven't gotten too far into it yet

I'm happy for you and jealous because I couldn't afford to import it. I hope that one day I will own a legal, physical copy of Dragon Quests IV and V

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

VI is amazing too. I'm playing it right now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i have the new 3ds and xenoblade, and this time I'm going to beat the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

has there been anything interesting on the 3DS in the last few months.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mabels big day posted:

i have the new 3ds and xenoblade, and this time I'm going to beat the game

nice, enjoy :cheers:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Not since august

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

There was an Isaac port if you didn't already own it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Co-op Zelda came out and I want to play it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Co-op Zelda came out and I want to play it.

same, but i am too poor

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not too poor, but I am in a part of the world that makes it impossible to play with my friends in the states. 3 more months...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'll buy yo-kai watch and report if it's good.

• Locked thread