Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Mercurius posted:

Due to my work schedule I won't be able to run any more hero trains until the weekend my time, so Friday night US time. See if you can coax Schpyder to run stuff in the meantime if you still need hero points.

Not to worry, I've still got at least 7 alts I need to run through a train who are currently ready to start one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Nominative determinism

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is there a major difference between the bag types? I only care about storage space.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

POST YOUR REVENANTS mine's really good

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Azubah posted:

Is there a major difference between the bag types? I only care about storage space.

Some of the bag types have special properties as to what goes in them or whether you can sell items placed in them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ItBurns posted:

Some of the bag types have special properties as to what goes in them or whether you can sell items placed in them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag

Invisible Bags are my favorite. The last bag in my inventory is an invisible bag with all my gear swaps in it so I never accidentally salvage or sell them. It's real nice.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Guild wars 2 is largely built on exploration, exploration should never be gated in any capacity, much less by a hefty grind that pretty much requires you to do a boring meta event over and over and over.

I don't have to much time to play anymore and given the grind how it is right now, I'd rather just play something else whenever I do have any free time because I both don't care much for repeating events and even then I don't do that much progress, poo poo I'm not even that high, I'm still at 4 working on gliding 3 and it needs 1.7m exp, I can't imagine how much more you need the further you go down the tree.

The part that's confusing me is that I don't think there's actually very much content at all gated behind the higher level masteries, from an exploration point of view. I can understand enjoying exploration, I mean, I really enjoy seeing new parts of central Tyria that I haven't noticed before since I haven't gotten around to doing map completion yet (only been playing for about a year). But from what I can tell there's only a few scattered hero points that you need things like nuhoch wallows or itzel poison mastery to get. Maybe half an hour's worth of exploring, an hour at absolute most. The vast, vast majority of the new zone is explorable with nothing more than gliding, bouncy mushrooms and maybe updrafts. Are those few hero points really worth hours of grinding that you don't seem to enjoy? If you don't enjoy doing the events, I don't understand the mindset behind "grinding" them just to reach a couple of hero points and then have nothing to do again. I could definitely understand if the complaint is that there isn't enough new content to explore in the expansion, but that's a very different complaint to what you're saying. The expansion does seem to me to be geared towards running the same events over and over again, which personally is something I enjoy but I can understand other people not enjoying.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Ley Line gliding blocks off some stuff, but I see that as a good reward for completing the mastery. It's not exactly essential, but it seems like there's a bunch of fun places still left to discover when you get it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Guild wars 2 is largely built on exploration, exploration should never be gated in any capacity, much less by a hefty grind that pretty much requires you to do a boring meta event over and over and over.

I don't have to much time to play anymore and given the grind how it is right now, I'd rather just play something else whenever I do have any free time because I both don't care much for repeating events and even then I don't do that much progress, poo poo I'm not even that high, I'm still at 4 working on gliding 3 and it needs 1.7m exp, I can't imagine how much more you need the further you go down the tree.

My way of looking at it is--I'm cool with it being gated. I just wish it was gated behind more exploration, not XP. I've gone over this in this thread before (yesterday) but I wish they'd just gone all-in on the Metroidvania stuff. Have us earn masteries by going out and doing things related to those masteries, or finding gadgets or little bits of lost knowledge hidden in the Maguuma Jungle. That poo poo would've owned so hard. Sure, Dulfy would have a guide up within a week, but "someone will publish a guide" is always going to be true if you try to make a game based on exploration.

Organza Quiz posted:

The vast, vast majority of the new zone is explorable with nothing more than gliding, bouncy mushrooms and maybe updrafts.

This is also true. It's good, I suppose, that you can get all the necessary masteries relatively quickly (Exalted Markings probably belongs on that list, too, but it's also tier 1). It also subverts the mastery system a bit, in that it dulls the excitement when you get something like Ley Line Gliding that there's not a whole lot left to do with it. There's some stuff, but not a ton.

But it's all a consequence of masteries being just a new way of leveling with XP rather than a truly new progression system. They don't want to roadblock us too badly with masteries, but they also want to make them tied to XP and take a long time to get, so naturally the highest-tier masteries don't really have that much new stuff gated behind them.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

The part that's confusing me is that I don't think there's actually very much content at all gated behind the higher level masteries, from an exploration point of view. I can understand enjoying exploration, I mean, I really enjoy seeing new parts of central Tyria that I haven't noticed before since I haven't gotten around to doing map completion yet (only been playing for about a year). But from what I can tell there's only a few scattered hero points that you need things like nuhoch wallows or itzel poison mastery to get. Maybe half an hour's worth of exploring, an hour at absolute most. The vast, vast majority of the new zone is explorable with nothing more than gliding, bouncy mushrooms and maybe updrafts. Are those few hero points really worth hours of grinding that you don't seem to enjoy? If you don't enjoy doing the events, I don't understand the mindset behind "grinding" them just to reach a couple of hero points and then have nothing to do again. I could definitely understand if the complaint is that there isn't enough new content to explore in the expansion, but that's a very different complaint to what you're saying. The expansion does seem to me to be geared towards running the same events over and over again, which personally is something I enjoy but I can understand other people not enjoying.

The exalted mastery to get a chest from defeating the "Tarnished Champion" is also a the same kind of chest you'd find lying out in the world, so you're not missing anything there, either. I don't know if the Itzel/Nuhoch ones are better, but it's kind of a joke.

In reality the only reason to go beyond the ones that make travel easier is getting the collection skins, most of which are bad.

That being said, I still don't find it that hard to get XP. Event chains give out hundreds of thousands of XP and adventures can give like 60k if you get gold, something that's trivial in a lot of them, albeit impossible in others without masteries.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
Guess a marvel villain:

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Yesterday we got at least 1 match of Stronghold in with SFD. I love it and if its gets more interest I would love to do some ranked play.

This week I wont be on GW2 to much, there is a thing going on in EVE so that's my main focus at the moment.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

goattrails posted:

Guess a marvel villain:

Mystique?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

goattrails posted:

Guess a marvel villain:

Is that the Bladed Hood? If so, that's going on my Reaper immediately.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

goattrails posted:

Guess a marvel villain:

Victor Von Doom!!!

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Harrow posted:

Is that the Bladed Hood? If so, that's going on my Reaper immediately.

It is :)

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I acquired the Bladed Coat and my ranger has taken a serious turn for the anime

Where did the bladed coat come from?

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Yo, would a female Chronomancer be called a Chronomantress? What about a Sylvari one named Chronomantis? Chronomantis sounds like a wicked sick name tbqh imo

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

malhavok posted:

Where did the bladed coat come from?

You gotta get in a Verdant Brink map that gets to Tier 4 nightfall -- aka killing all the canopy bosses once the choppers are up.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So I leveled a reaper since ya'll said they were good, and they are pretty fun, definitely my favorite elite spec that I have played.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Maybe I'll bring my necro to the next HP train. I 100%ed all four zones on my chronomancer but map rewards are still bugged so I got bupkis :saddowns: I hope they fix it before the Nevermore collection goes live, I don't want to do that all again so soon.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

rear end-Haggis posted:

Yo, would a female Chronomancer be called a Chronomantress? What about a Sylvari one named Chronomantis? Chronomantis sounds like a wicked sick name tbqh imo

Nah. -mancer isn't an inherently male suffix. Chronomancer chick is still a chronomancer.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Chronobabe

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Chronomancerette

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Uziduke posted:

Yesterday we got at least 1 match of Stronghold in with SFD. I love it and if its gets more interest I would love to do some ranked play.

This week I wont be on GW2 to much, there is a thing going on in EVE so that's my main focus at the moment.

As a former EVE player/GEWN, this ambiguity intrigues me.

Deleted my human engie because humans suck, made a Norn and picked the blackout story. Did I do it right?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Sjonnar posted:

Nah. -mancer isn't an inherently male suffix. Chronomancer chick is still a chronomancer.

And Sylvari are plants not insects, so Chronomantis doesn't work either. Don't let that stop you, though.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Clonomancer.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

AmericanGeeksta posted:

As a former EVE player/GEWN, this ambiguity intrigues me.

Deleted my human engie because humans suck, made a Norn and picked the blackout story. Did I do it right?

Yes, yes you did. :unsmith:

rear end-Haggis posted:

Cloromancer. :sun:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 3, 2015

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

rear end-Haggis posted:

You like Castlevania, don't you?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Bit the bullet and grabbed HoT, Rev is amazing.

Are the items you need for the mistward collections guaranteed drops from the world bosses (i.e. does Shatterer always give you the glove plate)?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Hey guys, speaking of HP trains, I'll be dragging my all-zerker tissue paper cannon staff ele along tonight, so expect to be rezzing me a lot. :v:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Schpyder posted:

Hey guys, speaking of HP trains, I'll be dragging my all-zerker tissue paper cannon staff ele along tonight, so expect to be rezzing me a lot. :v:

Yay! Me too! :neckbeard:

Dreggon posted:

POST YOUR REVENANTS mine's really good

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Generic Octopus posted:

Bit the bullet and grabbed HoT, Rev is amazing.

Are the items you need for the mistward collections guaranteed drops from the world bosses (i.e. does Shatterer always give you the glove plate)?

Not sure if i was just lucky but i got all of them on the first try, i would imagine they are guaranteed.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Schpyder posted:

You going 30 or 60 mins after reset?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

As a Britgoon, I vote 30 mins, as that would be half an hour more sleep I could really do with

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Eltoasto posted:

You going 30 or 60 mins after reset?

30 min, assuming I don't get stuck at work until reset like I did last night. Signs are pretty good that won't be the case today, tho.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Schpyder posted:

30 min, assuming I don't get stuck at work until reset like I did last night. Signs are pretty good that won't be the case today, tho.

There's no chance I could convince you to do a later one on even one weeknight, is there? That time is impossible for the NA west coast, it's 4:30pm which is still the work day :(

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Someone linked a palette website and a die matcher a page or so ago. Can someone explain to an emerging pretty princess-er how to use these tools?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

CLAM DOWN posted:

There's no chance I could convince you to do a later one on even one weeknight, is there? That time is impossible for the NA west coast, it's 4:30pm which is still the work day :(

It'd be kind of tough, 8 PM for you is 11 PM for me, and running the full train would take us close to 1 AM, when I get up at 6:30.

I'd be amenable to running a half train at 11 EST/8 PST, maybe doing VB one night and AB the next? I'd probably be up for doing that a couple times a week for west coast goons. Sound decent?

• Locked thread