Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm working the election. Specifically I'm passing out the recommended candidate card so I'm 50 feet from the polling location, telling people to go vote and then giving them a list of candidates.

You're lookin' good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I used to volunteer at the board of elections when I was in highschool. It was kind of fun unloading ballot boxes from vans and feeling like I was "part of the process" even though I was just moving boxes.

I think I might try to get involved in some way next year.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

So basically go to the freep thread and that's their litany...gays going into the wrong bathrooms to rape women
Do conservatives not know how gays work?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Everblight posted:

Do you really have to ask?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gays, child molesters, rapists, and general perverts are all the same thing to them.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Everblight posted:

It's poop and rape all the way down.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Radish posted:

So even the "serious" establishment people like that lady are in on this kind of Freep nonsense enough to yell at people in real life?

Well I characterize her as establishment in contrast to the tea party guy with me. He was out in flip flops, some kind of skin tight under armor thing, an insulated vest covered in cargo style pockets and with hair that looked like it had never seen a comb.

She was in women's office dress, some kind of skirted power suit and the like.

So in terms of contrast she seemed establishment

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Everblight posted:

On my phone obviously so I can't post it, but go look up the "indiana sneak attack" video. Dropped a few weeks back from the rfra team

EDit: the logo for their new push looks like the human centipede

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone watch the Koch brothers infomercial this morning on the "liberal" cable news network?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeroisanumber posted:

Just have Obama going about his usual day and bring in Keegan-Michael Key as Luther to dance through the White House.

I just realized that Trump's anger translator would be Andrew Dice Clay.

E: Clinton's would probably be Lena Headey for office meetings and Melissa McCarthy for press conferences. Bernie's would have to be Lewis Black.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 3, 2015

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

In WV we now have signs telling you where that line is.

Illinois they stick a couple of blue cones and a sign where you can't go past if you're electioneering. I had a couple people talk to me about it, one guy even went and measured the distance to double check it. I only worked outside the polling place once, and that was enough.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Illinois they stick a couple of blue cones and a sign where you can't go past if you're electioneering. I had a couple people talk to me about it, one guy even went and measured the distance to double check it. I only worked outside the polling place once, and that was enough.

Yeah, I had to police it once when I worked at a poling place that was the home of two candidates for Sheriff once; that was fun.

I think I've done just about every election position you can hold.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

FAUXTON posted:

E: Clinton's would probably be Lena Headey for office meetings and Melissa McCarthy for press conferences. Bernie's would have to be Lewis Black.

I'm still not convinced that Bernie isn't just Lewis Black in a wig.

I mean, has anyone ever seen them in a room together? :tinfoil:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

I should note that not all the interactions are bad, I had a great time talking with the tea party guy earlier and just had a very nice conversation with a RNC delegate reminiscing about doing the thing I am doing when he was young and before he became disabled.

They are still backing a party of insane bigots, but some of them can at least be decent one on one

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Radish posted:

Gays, child molesters, rapists, and general perverts are all the same thing to them.

Unless it's one of their Gay, child molesting, rapist, perverts. Then they're alright.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Well that's just boys bein' boys. No harm in that!

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Radish posted:

I went to russia once and spoke with someone who used the terms lesbians, pederasts, and faggots interchangeably.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Some elections to watch (or go vote in if you live in any of these places):

So in short, don't expect a lot of good news tonight if you're liberal.

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This applies to all American elections.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Some elections to watch (or go vote in if you live in any of these places):

Ohio has a very confusing Weed legalization thing with two amendments that appear to counter each other. One that legalizes marijuana and establishes a predetermined number of eligible grow sites.(And allows for personal growth and sharing up to a certain amount). One that establishes a board that reviews any ballot initiative to make sure it doesn't give preferential economic status.(And is worded in such a way that they could pretty much create an arbitrary roadblock to success for any ballot initiative) and explicitly is worded to block initiatives related to schedule 1 substances.(Because they couldn't just name Issue 3 by name?)

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005
Dang, I was the 16th person to vote at my place today. I didn't even realize there was an election until driving to work this morning either.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Basically nothing to vote on here in Minnesota so far as I can tell; some cities have school board candidates running unopposed.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FAUXTON posted:

Why would Trump and Bernie need anger translators? They're already mad! Enough with the drat emails!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Ah man

So my polling location is a retirement home.

Apparently someone didn't make it through the night

The family is very distraught.

Rough day :(

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Ah man

Vote as him/her real fast. I doubt the death certificate is out yet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just think, in a just world, we're all off of work today.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

All the old people are like "eh, it's Tuesday, people are always dying"

zoux posted:

In a just world this was a 4 day weekend with all of them being polling days

This I will enforce with the iron fist of Chicken

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

But then Republicans would have to pander to someone besides old rich people!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

AlternateNu posted:

Arlington County, VA. There are literally zero Republicans on my ballot. :v: There are a couple independents for municipal seats and a Green Party candidate for the State Senate, but yeah. It is great being in the minority bastion of Virginia.
I'm in Salt Lake City and there are no Republicans on the ballot. Just 2 democrats. One of them is a lesbian. And we voted by mail, though there are polling stations open today as well. The lesbian is ahead in opinion polls.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Fried Chicken posted:

In a just world this was a 4 day weekend with all of them being polling days

This I will enforce with the iron fist of Chicken

You have my vote. :worship:

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005
Also lol at the person running against the incumbent mayor. Bless his heart.

http://www.ncvoterguide.org/greensboro/mayor/index.php

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm in Salt Lake City and there are no Republicans on the ballot. Just 2 democrats. One of them is a lesbian. And we voted by mail, though there are polling stations open today as well. The lesbian is ahead in opinion polls.

Ah Salt Lake City, the honeypot of Mormondom.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fried Chicken posted:

Ah man

That sucks for the family. :(

Also it's a little bit telling about the world we live in that a polling place is optimally convenient for older people who can afford heath care.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kristov posted:

He rules.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Had no idea there was anything voting-related today, gonna do my part and take lunch to vote here in Sugar Land, TX.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Kristov posted:

He, he got what Greensboro neeeeeeeeeeds.

Seriously, he would have a chance if he pretended to be Biz Markie.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Elephant Ambush posted:

That sucks for the family. :(

Also it's a little bit telling about the world we live in that a polling place is optimally convenient for older people who can afford heath care.

Our polling places are almost always set up in the gymnasiums of churches here in Florida.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm still catching up on the thread so I don't know if this has been adequately addressed but we can see how clearly this is false today. The GOP has a very large extremist wing that by all rights should be their own separate party entirely because of FPTP.
And that extremist wing gets largely shut out of government because they're not centrists. Where as in a PR system they might get 30% of government for all time. Even in the video you posted it detailed how the two parties were the most centrist parties because FPTP makes anything else unelactable.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

Our polling places are almost always set up in the gymnasiums of churches here in Florida.

Why do your churches have gymnasiums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Most of ours (DC-Metro area Maryland) are in public schools. Usually middle/elementary.

• Locked thread