Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

life is strange has some of the worst lip sync in any game ive ever played. game is still really good though

yea dude but is it like the WITCHER 3 (best game ever)?? I dont think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

life is strange has some of the worst lip sync in any game ive ever played. game is still really good though
Witcher 3 also had spotty lip sync, but it was a master class on character design and had good to great VO work so I overlooked it.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

yea dude but is it like the WITCHER 3 (best game ever)?? I dont think so

I really need to play this stupid game at some point. People seem to like it, I have noticed.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
yea basically what I'm saying is that the bad lip sync won't be what sinks this game. it has worse things to complain about

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

For real though I just realized that voiced dialogue probably spells the doom (or at least severe curtailing) of skill/stat/perk dependent dialogue. Lady Killer/Black Widow are still in so clearly it's not entirely gone, but I doubt there will be as much of it, which is annoying.

Shame the same-sex perks are out. It seems your character's sexuality is set in stone.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
There's gonna be a new thread when the game is actually released, right? Because it's pretty weird that like a day after all the leaked screens/streams came out the thread became basically unreadable

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Shame the same-sex perks are out. It seems your character's sexuality is set in stone.

You can romance companions regardless of gender so I guess your character is bi canonically.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Wolfsheim posted:

There's gonna be a new thread when the game is actually released, right? Because it's pretty weird that like a day after all the leaked screens/streams came out the thread became basically unreadable

That's been the plan all along. Shutting this down won't stop the people that want to fight about the game no matter what so just let nature take its course until the 10th.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

sout posted:

I really need to play this stupid game at some point. People seem to like it, I have noticed.

It's okay but maybe a bit too long without needing to be.

(also ALL the mini-games are freaking awful)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

You can romance companions regardless of gender so I guess your character is bi canonically.

Didn't know that, thanks. It should be interesting seeing how they handle fidelity to your (presumably) dead spouse, if they do at all.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Lol goons thinking any of the poo poo that they're complaining will have any effect on Bethesda or their sales is loving hilarious. Nothing will ever sink this game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I tried to play the Witcher 3, but was not skillful enough. Once I hit like level 3 everything just had 10x too much health.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I tried to play the Witcher 3, but was not skillful enough. Once I hit like level 3 everything just had 10x too much health.

yeaaaaaa..... the combat is complete poo poo. shittest combat since the witcher 2.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lol goons thinking any of the poo poo that they're complaining will have any effect on Bethesda or their sales is loving hilarious. Nothing will ever sink this game

Literally nobody thinks that you fucktard

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Is Jaunita Fallout's intro through escaping the vault the same with a gender-swapped spouse, or does the pseudo-50's culture mean the protagonist has her baby wrested from her own arms?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i find it incredibly disgusting that we're being FORCED to play as a sex haver with a baby and a gender. As someone with a non-binary gender i find this very troubling.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Paul Zuvella posted:

Goons are the loving worst, gas this thread into oblivion please.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

mods??

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

i find it incredibly disgusting that we're being FORCED to play as a sex haver with a baby and a gender. As someone with a non-binary gender i find this very troubling.

Well, to be fair that's a lot more being put onto your character by the game's plot than any previous Fallout, or Elder Scrolls game, where you were just someone in the right place/given the suicide mission

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

hemale in pain posted:

Your spouse was just your beard to fit into the oppressive pre war culture. Problem solved.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Eonwe posted:

i think witcher and fallout are both good
namaste

Fellow poster Eonwe I agree with your opinion, I too find Witcher and Fallout games to be good and have enjoyed both franchises.

Thanks, and god bless.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Deified Data posted:

Didn't know that, thanks. It should be interesting seeing how they handle fidelity to your (presumably) dead spouse, if they do at all.

In one of the leak videos she gets shot point-blank by randos while in cryo, so yeah, probably dead. It's lame and pretty tasteless but this is Bethesda we're talking about, so doy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
any game that requires you to mod it to be good is therefor poo poo

bethesda games rarely change much each time

i am betting there is a power suit, a dog, and lots of brown in this game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Starkk posted:

Fellow poster Eonwe I agree with your opinion, I too find Witcher and Fallout games to be good and have enjoyed both franchises.

Thanks, and god bless.

Yeah but did you consider that Witcher 3 has subjectively better graphics? Checkmate.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

rap music posted:

Yeah but did you consider that Witcher 3 has subjectively better graphics? Checkmate.

Better graphics in one game do not make another game with lesser graphics bad.

Logic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

wait this game may be good

are paid mods mandatory yet

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Paid mods are dead. The EULA forbids charging for them period.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The Droid posted:

Well, to be fair that's a lot more being put onto your character by the game's plot than any previous Fallout, or Elder Scrolls game, where you were just someone in the right place/given the suicide mission

oppressive heteronormative propoganda

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

god bless this mess

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

For real though I just realized that voiced dialogue probably spells the doom (or at least severe curtailing) of skill/stat/perk dependent dialogue. Lady Killer/Black Widow are still in so clearly it's not entirely gone, but I doubt there will be as much of it, which is annoying.

Ya. It was a trash choice without any upsides by bad devs who want those obsessive teen BioWare dollars but won't get them because they can't write for poo poo

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I don't want to upset anyone, but after carefully scrutinizing the leaked videos I believe I can state, with some certainty, that Fallout 4 appears to be a videogame of some kind.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I don't want to upset anyone, but after carefully scrutinizing the leaked videos I believe I can state, with some certainty, that Fallout 4 appears to be a videogame of some kind.

Well that's just, like, your opinion man.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

wanting bethesda to make a good fall out game is like wanting nintendo to make a main character black

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, ICE CREAM

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

wanting bethesda to make a good fall out game is like wanting nintendo to make a main character black

There is no such thing as a good Fallout game. Just mediocre games enhanced by nostalgia.

But we play and enjoy them anyways

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Old Story posted:

Watching those leaked videos was disappointing because characters phased through each other and their environment, lip syncing and facial animation was really bad, the game was sorta ugly, the pathfinding for the AI and companions was janky and the writing seemed kinda half-assed.

I will, eventually, play and enjoy this game in all its buggy goodness! I just don't need to play it day one at full price.

Sorry if I have offended you

Watching those leaked videos I can't tell whether or not animation was bad/game was ugly because the quality of the videos I've seen was pretty poo poo. Not saying you're wrong, just that the videos I've seen thus far have not been very good quality.

The perk list from a dozen or so pages back definitely got me hyped; I'm going to have some serious difficulty deciding on perks now. I am very excited for this game.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

There is no such thing as a good Fallout game. Just mediocre games enhanced by nostalgia.

But we play and enjoy them anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6josPnHF94

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ilPcNClL3I

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

sout posted:

It's pretty good. The storytelling is better than any Bethesda game and most of the jank(but not all) has been ironed out at this point.

Whether you like the combat etc is all down to personal preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

That magical. :allears:

• Locked thread