Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah Trump is the slayer of RINOs. Immigration is the only issue for these people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
has anyone said The Art of the New Deal yet because The Art of the New Deal you guys

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Shakugan posted:

Pages late, but the idea of Carson as an academic is laughable. Using my connections from the elite world of academia (i.e. Google Scholar, which everyone can search), he doesn't have much of anything except his books. If he's contributed to 100+ journals, I'm not seeing any of them here. I'd suspect if he's had any involvement, it's purely been in providing tissue samples to actual smart people.

A PubMed search shows 20 articles by Carson BS Sr: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Carson%20BS%20Sr%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=26274997

I note he's primary author (i.e. he wrote it) on maybe 4-5 of these articles. He's also not last author name (i.e. he supervised the work) on more than a couple. In short, he contributed to the work but didn't write the paper - it makes sense, he's the expert surgeon, not the scientist. They'd develop a protocol and he'd go do the surgery.

Basically Ben Carson has a few articles, he's clearly NOT a clinical researcher from the paucity of articles under his name.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

At the CRIPPLED AMERICA news conference just now:

Reporter: You're going to be on SNL. Can we see your Jeb Bush impression?
Trump: I don't like showing a person sleeping at the podium.
Crowd: Ohhhhhhh!

holy poo poo

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Lancelot posted:

holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6-02V_2aIg

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

only could have been better if hed actually done an impression of someone sleeping at a podium

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Boosted_C5 posted:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!

One poll with Carson in the lead is fine, but multiple polls???

YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN EVANGELICALS. It's time to get serious now and get back on board the Trump train.

DON'T SCREW THIS UP

Honestly I have trouble even reading serious coverage of Carson. He's not a serious candidate and, imo, a bigger sign of the collapse of the GOP than Trump.

He's literally making things up as he goes, prescribing Christianity for everything and blaming any inconsistentcy or problem on the media.

He's selling books and if he's real lucky he might stumble into being the first black Dan Quayle.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

crazy cloud posted:

has anyone said The Art of the New Deal yet because The Art of the New Deal you guys

Good stuff, Cloud.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Montasque posted:

Mein Trumpf dropped today. In this excerpt Trump is calling for a Neo-New Deal:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/book-excerpt-donald-trumps-crippled-america-make-america/story?id=34931608

Yes, one of the Republican front runners is championing massive public works and praising the New Deal.

So, judging from his description of his tax plan vs the actuality, his infrastructure plan will be to slap TRUMP on every bridge in the US.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah from day one the tea partiers were decrying Trump as a false conservative, but then he started making GBS threads on Hispanics and they all loved him, even though he didn't change or really explain at all any other position.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Kalman posted:

So, judging from his description of his tax plan vs the actuality, his infrastructure plan will be to slap TRUMP on every bridge in the US.

Well, if its a load-bearing Trump it would be an improvement!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Ben Carson calls Americans stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsnppUFhVE8

But let's be honest, this isn't anything, despite what people are desperately trying to do with it.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Ben Carson calls Americans stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsnppUFhVE8

But let's be honest, this isn't anything, despite what people are desperately trying to do with it.

Well Americans are pretty dumb.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Kalman posted:

To be fair to both Carson and Trump, their tax plans are poo poo, and we know it because they released numbers proving that they were poo poo, but Romney & Ryan's plans were poo poo too, and Jeb!'s plans are going to be poo poo too, he just has't released the numbers yet. Rubio has, and big surprise, his plan was poo poo. Introducing a tax plan guaranteed to enrich the wealthy and screw the poor and middle class is one of the only things uniting the Republican party right now.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bryter posted:

Generalising about Muslims aside, you do realise that having values at odds with the constitution isn't in and of itself a bad thing? Nor was it considered as such by the God Kings founders of America. There wouldn't be a process for amending it if they had.

e: ah gently caress, didn't realise that smoothrich has an av now

here's another Thomas Jefferson quote, from noted historian Ben Carson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_H-Z4j_Ltk

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Never in a million years would I have thought that a Trump candidacy might kill a Jeb! candidacy before he even made it to the primaries.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/03/politics/donald-trump-2016-candidates-should-drop-out/index.html

quote:

"There are too many people ... If a person's been campaigning for four or five months and they're at zero or one or two percent, they should get out," Trump said at a news conference in response to a question from CNN's Sara Murray.

Trump declined to call out by name the candidates whom he believes should end their bids, but earlier on Tuesday told ABC Jeb Bush should drop out of the race, saying the former Florida governor "has no chance" and is "wasting his time."

"Other people should get out because I would like to personally have more time to talk about the problems of the United States and more importantly how to solve the problems because we can solve the problems,' Trump said at his news conference promoting his new book, "Crippled America."

Trump praised Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who cut short his presidential campaign in late September amid sinking poll numbers and poor debate performances. Trump suggested other candidates should follow his lead.

"I think Walker did a good thing," Trump said. "He saw it wasn't happening, wasn't happening and he just got out quickly."

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I bet if Jeb ran in 2012 he would have been the nomination (but wouldn't have had a chance against Obama).

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

only could have been better if hed actually done an impression of someone sleeping at a podium

This would have been better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFnH4X9dXQ

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rush is currently unskewing all the polls where Carson is leading.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Boosted_C5 posted:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!

One poll with Carson in the lead is fine, but multiple polls???

YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN EVANGELICALS. It's time to get serious now and get back on board the Trump train.

DON'T SCREW THIS UP

Don't worry always room for you in the house of Hilldawg. She'll keep your capital gain taxes sensible, and the status quo means you can keep trolling on a functional internet in an America not ripped apart by a race war and Russian nukes.

Keep America Stable again Boosted! We need your trolling.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Montasque posted:

Rush is currently unskewing all the polls where Carson is leading.

He's got experience in unskewing the ages of Dominican boys.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Atoramos posted:

I bet if Jeb ran in 2012 he would have been the nomination (but wouldn't have had a chance against Obama).

I don't remember, why didn't he run?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

He's got experience in unskewing the ages of Dominican boys.

Gross but true.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Because he wouldn't have had a chance against Obama. Especially not with the name Bush.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

lol can't stump the trump

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Why do people still unskew polls :psyduck: have they really not learned their lesson

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Logikv9 posted:

Why do people still unskew polls :psyduck: have they really not learned their lesson

Conservatism can't fail only be failed. Romney supporters became complacent and didn't get out and vote!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Ben Carson is the political campaign interpretation of 'The Producers' irl

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Once again, he's not wrong.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Too close to the W Presidency in the mind of swing voters.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Is Smoothrich one of MIGF's multiple personalities?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

a shameful boehner posted:

Is Smoothrich one of MIGF's multiple personalities?

I suspect so

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Louisgod posted:

2) Label him a progressive democrat/RINO. Minus a few major outliers (tax plan, immigration deportation plan), Trump may as well be running as a Democrat. Seems the only thing Republicans hate more than a black President are RINOs and I feel if the Democrats can play up how un-Republican/conservative he is, they can make him unattractive to the base.

that's what they've been trying for months now. problem is most of the American voter base are in fact racist Democrats at heart, so it's not working

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Antti posted:

Because he wouldn't have had a chance against Obama. Especially not with the name Bush.

And as true as this was, it would still have left him with more integrity than this cycle has.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thats more carson than jeb

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

icantfindaname posted:

that's what they've been trying for months now. problem is most of the American voter base are in fact racist Democrats at heart, so it's not working

What happened to that Dixiecrat party working out?

edit: guys just did some googling. i think it is time for a come back

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Honestly I have trouble even reading serious coverage of Carson. He's not a serious candidate and, imo, a bigger sign of the collapse of the GOP than Trump.

He's literally making things up as he goes, prescribing Christianity for everything and blaming any inconsistentcy or problem on the media.

He's selling books and if he's real lucky he might stumble into being the first black Dan Quayle.

without Trump to demolish the establishmentarians Carson would indeed be a joke candidate who drops out after being in the spotlight for 2 weeks or so. the rise of nutjobs is not the sign of collapse, it's the collapse of Jeb! and Walker and Rubio. they are the party

The Puppet Master posted:

What happened to that Dixiecrat party working out?

edit: guys just did some googling. i think it is time for a come back

i guarantee you if you had a Dixiecrat rise from the grave and run for president they'd immediately win over most of the GOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

sullat posted:

To be fair to both Carson and Trump, their tax plans are poo poo, and we know it because they released numbers proving that they were poo poo, but Romney & Ryan's plans were poo poo too, and Jeb!'s plans are going to be poo poo too, he just has't released the numbers yet. Rubio has, and big surprise, his plan was poo poo. Introducing a tax plan guaranteed to enrich the wealthy and screw the poor and middle class is one of the only things uniting the Republican party right now.

I thought Jeb released his before Trump did. They're both awful.

• Locked thread