Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
In a surprise to no one, the Walmart bomber attacked them because they stopped selling confederate flag paraphernalia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fried Chicken posted:

Just got screamed at for being part of the hogsett campaign (after I told him I wasn't) for putting a flier with pentagram a and satanic symbols (the Indianapolis logo) on a guys windshield where the rain (3 days ago) made it stick. My repeated attempts to say I had nothing to do with it only got him to yell more

Got me to the point of just telling him I don't give a poo poo, he stormed off screaming about that's the problem

The someone yelled at me about how the family of the dead person parked their car

Tell them you were personally ordered by Obama to do it

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

Just got screamed at for being part of the hogsett campaign (after I told him I wasn't) for putting a flier with pentagram a and satanic symbols (the Indianapolis logo) on a guys windshield where the rain (3 days ago) made it stick. My repeated attempts to say I had nothing to do with it only got him to yell more

Got me to the point of just telling him I don't give a poo poo, he stormed off screaming about that's the problem

The someone yelled at me about how the family of the dead person parked their car

Is this an unusual amount of misplaced anger from crotchety off-year voters or about par for the course?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Carl, no! :ohdear:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
What kind of clown bombs a Walmart?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Is this an unusual amount of misplaced anger from crotchety off-year voters or about par for the course?

When you account for who turns out in municipal only elections, par for the course.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Teflon Don posted:

The kind of person that wants to buy a traitor flag at Walmart.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Teflon Don posted:

The Southern Avenger.

E:

Greatbacon posted:

The kind of person that wants to buy a traitor flag at Walmart.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Teflon Don posted:

The kind who thinks the Dixie Outfitters shopping experience lacks a certain je ne sais quois.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

zen death robot posted:

His excuse was that it was anti-American for them to stop selling it

It is a proud American tradition to bomb businesses that do things you don't like, I guess.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Teflon Don posted:

Someone with better explosive-making skills than this guy.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lemming posted:

Tell them you were personally ordered by Obama to do it

Put earbuds on and then speak into them mentioning Obama, FEMA camps, vaccinations, black helicopters, agenda 21, and operation ruby.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

It is a proud American tradition to bomb businesses that do things you don't like, I guess.

Historically speaking? Yeah, it is

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Why would we all be off today? Only goony dumb states are having elections.

Pro-tip: off-year elections are bad.

I voted weeks ago, and I think it's completely absurd that other states intentionally schedule their only election day for the most awkward and busy day of the week. I have never pulled a ballot lever or whatever 19th century bullshit you all do. Oregoon supremacy wins again.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

When you account for who turns out in municipal only elections, par for the course.

I'm just picturing overweight grey-haired 60-something cranks wearing windbreakers and baseball caps, fists clenched, just stomping around looking for some poor guy to vent at.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Kaal posted:

I voted weeks ago, and I think it's completely absurd that other states intentionally schedule their only election day for the most awkward and busy day of the week. I have never pulled a ballot lever or whatever 19th century bullshit you all do. Oregoon supremacy wins again.

I usually vote early during no-excuse absentee voting.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

I got it, he's just an overly enthusiastic Steve Earle fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jebt9OnHh6A&t=50s

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Trabisnikof posted:

Well, normally, you're supposed to firebomb the black churches and race-mixing businesses, but I support this guy for branching out.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I guess Jon Stewart couldn't stay away any longer:

quote:

@BreakingNews: Jon Stewart signs 4-year production deal with HBO; 1st project will be short-form current events content - @HBOPR https://t.co/rqLykKKO1x

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I'm just picturing overweight grey-haired 60-something cranks wearing windbreakers and baseball caps, fists clenched, just stomping around looking for some poor guy to vent at.

Close, most of them are using those walkers that have the wheel in front and you can sit in if you get too tired.

But yeah. I've talked to a few of your normal republicans, who aren't this weird ball of rage and are just concerned about paved roads and property taxes, and I'd imagine most of those who take the card with a "thank you" and move on are this. But there are a higher proportion of your stereotypical freeper out and yeah when they see a young guy passing Democrat stuff they need to vent their rage.

To give you a sense of things, the libertarian tea party guy tried calming down the lady screaming at me by mentioning I was a veteran and that I loved this country, the implication being she was assuming that anyone not on her side didn't love the country and was working to ruin it like she said.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I wonder if Eliot Kalan will be joining him.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Rhesus Pieces posted:

He saw how happy John Oliver was and got jealous.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Joementum posted:

Today is the 46th anniversary of Richard Nixon first using the phrase "silent majority".

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

:allears:

This is the best news I've heard all day.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Fried Chicken posted:

I hope I don't become this bored and angry when I'm old

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fried Chicken posted:

Close, most of them are using those walkers that have the wheel in front and you can sit in if you get too tired.

But yeah. I've talked to a few of your normal republicans, who aren't this weird ball of rage and are just concerned about paved roads and property taxes, and I'd imagine most of those who take the card with a "thank you" and move on are this. But there are a higher proportion of your stereotypical freeper out and yeah when they see a young guy passing Democrat stuff they need to vent their rage.

To give you a sense of things, the libertarian tea party guy tried calming down the lady screaming at me by mentioning I was a veteran and that I loved this country, the implication being she was assuming that anyone not on her side didn't love the country and was working to ruin it like she said.

I've only ever been accosted by Republicans in my life.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

I hope I don't become this bored and angry when I'm old

That's like the only good part about getting old!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fried Chicken posted:

The real answer is that when segregation ended support for communal public spaces dropped like a loving rock. But there was still a need for them so as time went on churches started building "gymatoriums" that served as general communal semi public places, so now it is back to we have our spaces and they have their separate but as equal as their fundraising will allow spaces and it's just our churches and not the uglier divide that no one wants to realize is still there

Is there anything in the United States whose origins can not be traced to racism? :smith:

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Joementum posted:

Today is the 46th anniversary of Richard Nixon first using the phrase "silent majority".

You know when you think about it, the "silent majority" of politics really is quite similar to the "invisible hand" of the market. It's magic that requires no proof and should be believed unquestioningly because the emperor definitely is wearing clothes and everyone can see them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I hope Jon Stewart ends up becoming John Oliver's boss again somehow

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Teflon Don posted:

The kind that doesn't really think that Jade Helm is over.

Also, can the candidates pick their translators for the Univision/Telemundo debates?

Edit: I wonder if Oliver will go "Dammit Stewart, I have seniority here, you're not taking this from me! Back!"

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Please tell me he replaces Bill Maher.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dr Pepper posted:

Is there anything in the United States whose origins can not be traced to racism? :smith:

New England can sort of be traced back to religious extremism :hist101:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Solkanar512 posted:

Please tell me he replaces Bill Maher. beheads Bill Maher on camera and spends a half hour turning the skull into a bejeweled wine chalice.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

I had a woman call me at my work asking about Trump's new book, and she basically spent a few minutes proselytizing in my direction, rattling off all his major catch phrases verbatim. She may not be silent, but she sure is impressionable.

Coheed and Camembert fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 3, 2015

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Some elections to watch (or go vote in if you live in any of these places):

Most eyes are on the Attorney General race, which may see the last state-wide position in the South still held by a Democrat go to the Republican.

So in short, don't expect a lot of good news tonight if you're liberal.

Not to nitpick but this is not quite right.

You might be right for the Deep South but it's uh, not true in the Upper South. North Carolina's Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Auditor, Commissioner of Insurance, and State Treasurer to name a few. During the 2012 disaster that brought Republican McCrory on board Democrats had an abnormally high amount of disfunction and still came within a hair of taking Lieutenant Governor. In fact, NC statewide offices tend to have a Democratic advantage, with the Republicans dominating the non state-wide offices. Governor McCrory (R- Duke Energy) may well be kicked out in 2016 despite his desperate backpedalling from the legislature and clumsy manufactured moderation. And for Virginia, well I'm pretty sure that Governor counts as a statewide position.

And what's more, many of these Democrats are actually pretty decent, and while moderate, are better than some of the more conservative state Democratic Parties elsewhere in the South. You are totally right about the Deep South Democratic Parties being in trouble.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

MariusLecter posted:

Please tell me he replaces Bill Maher. beheads Bill Maher on camera and spends a half hour turning the skull into a bejeweled wine chalice.

It's not like he'd have to shave it that much.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I got polled today. :sureboat:

By the Americans for Prosperity. :smith:

I told him the Federal government should increase spending in order to improve the economy. :unsmigghh:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Dude, not cool spoiling season six of Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Klaus88 posted:

I got polled today. :sureboat:

By the Americans for Prosperity. :smith:

I told him the Federal government should increase spending in order to improve the economy. :unsmigghh:

"Thank you for your response; 'not sure' will be marked down for you, and thank you again for participating in the AFP poll!"

:tinfoil:

• Locked thread