Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Normal people see a game they aren't stoked about and just go 'well prolly not gonna buy it then, maybe on sale' and go do something else other than sit in the thread for said game and talk poo poo nonstop.

Just sayin'. Then you get all adversarial like you're purposefully trying to troll or something and it's just pathetic.

How dare people try to discuss something critically in a thread dedicated to discussing said thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Droid posted:

How dare people try to discuss something critically in a thread dedicated to discussing said thing.

Most people aren't discussing anything critically, though. They're just jerking themselves off to their own 'edgy' trolling for page after page.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I did not know that PS4 got mods. That's really cool. I wonder how it's going to work, if they are going to have a Steam style mod workshop or if you can just open palm slam any old ESP into the slot.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Droid posted:

That wasn't really addressed at you, although I am eyerolling a bit. But not liking the detail on the guns is fine. At least you're talking about something concrete and not just saying 'it's for idiots.'

strong bird posted:

Careful, you're criticizing The Product here.

It was more addressed at you because you're posting 'criticism' that's basically just saying 'this is poo poo, this is crap, this is for idiots' then when someone disagrees you get butthurt and call them names because apparently only your vision of video gaming is the right one.

strong bird posted:

You're looking forward to it because you've been conditioned to, and are broke brained.

Basically this:

Magmarashi posted:

Most people aren't discussing anything critically, though. They're just jerking themselves off to their own 'edgy' trolling for page after page.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I did not know that PS4 got mods. That's really cool. I wonder how it's going to work, if they are going to have a Steam style mod workshop or if you can just open palm slam any old ESP into the slot.

I think they're planning on the former, since they mentioned that they will not allow nude mods and such.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Moridin920 posted:

Normal people see a game they aren't stoked about and just go 'well prolly not gonna buy it then, maybe on sale' and go do something else other than sit in the thread for said game and talk poo poo nonstop.

Just sayin'. Then you get all adversarial like you're purposefully trying to troll or something and it's just pathetic.

You put normal people and thread in the same sentence, what's that all about.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mostly idk why we can't just have a friendly discussion without it turning into name calling and bitterness but then again

Heavy Metal posted:

You put normal people and thread in the same sentence, what's that all about.

yeah.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

gun spergin

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Droid posted:

Imagine if someone went to that bodybuilding forum and made a hundred posts in the kettlebell thread or whatever which all said "I don't work out and will not be buying kettlebells HOWEVER your kettlebells are complete poo poo because the witcher 3 had a big open world and better graphics"

It's like that except the sa FALLOUT 4 thread and they're not even going to FALLOUT 4

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Yay new fallout game! Looks super fun!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

khy posted:

Play the game. Replay the game making different choices or going a different path. Replay the game using a completely different build (Melee vs Ranged, Stealth vs Tank, etc) Replay the game and be a completionist trying to find and complete every single quest, complete every single achievement, find every single location in the wasteland, etc. Max out all your characters stats and acquire as many perks as humanly possible.

Create a custom town in the game. Spend hundreds of hours customizing each and every building to be exactly to your tastes. Invite NPCs (Or do you create them? IDK) to live in your user-created town.

Install mods. Play the game, customizing each mod until the game feels totally different than vanilla. Install ENB, customize high-res textures, alter your SweetFX settings until your game looks EXACTLY the way you personally want it to look.

Become a modder. Install the GECK/CK/whatever. Start learning how to mod by creating mods, go into the game, and interact with your mod directly. Test it for bugs or glitches. Update it when new patches come out. Update it when other mods similar to yours come out so the two can work together well.

hey thanks for a serious answer and not just thinking im being a jerk. I meant in fallout 3 not fallout 4 ... I can see more times of stuff becuase you can bulid a base with robots

Ok, yes you are right, on a PC ... my question was kind of aimed at people on a console, how do you get 1000 hours into a game that effectively doesnt have a new game plus?

with enb and all the mods the PC version will be easy to get hundre3d of hours into and im super excited even though I sound not thrilled about this game, its still going to be cool I just cant wait for the PC mods to fix the dumb stuff like animations / models / skins / bad gameplay mechanics that will more than like ly be prelvant"

So how does a fallout 3 player get 1000 hours out of the game without mods then? I've seen some people who said they played fallout 3 on console for 500+ hours a few times in this thread. I dont have a problem with them I Just want to know, what do you do doesnt the game end its not like there is tons of respawning enemies or armies of dudes to kill what are you doing for 1000 hours? do y ou end up using the same gun for 955 hours? thats what I mean ... like isnt it all just the same after 50 hours

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

titties posted:

Imagine if someone went to that bodybuilding forum and made a hundred posts in the kettlebell thread or whatever which all said "I don't work out and will not be buying kettlebells HOWEVER your kettlebells are complete poo poo because the witcher 3 had a big open world and better graphics"

It's like that except the sa FALLOUT 4 thread and they're not even going to FALLOUT 4

Maybe that kettleball topic would be readable and entertaining then.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

titties posted:

I dunno dude I've seen some dumb stuff on that forum

titties
May 10, 2012

sout posted:

I dunno dude I've seen some dumb stuff on that forum

yeah maybe I chose a bad example

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Whether Fallout 4 will rule or not depends on if the Tunnel Snakes are in it. Fallout 3 had a lot of problems but it had Tunnel Snakes and they ruled. New Vegas didn't have Tunnel Snakes but was a better game, so it ruled too. Fallout 4 looks like a step forward in some areas and a step back in others, so it needs Tunnel Snakes to rule or it will be worse than Fallout 3.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

titties posted:

I don't think this is analogous at all, because it can be assumed that people making these criticisms have played other Fallout games and other Bethesda RPGs in addition to having played the Witcher 3.

I honestly don't understand why so many people are getting hung up on the graphics comparison, the point was that Bethesda is much larger than CDprojekt and had a similar amount of time to work on it as CDprojekt had for the Witcher yet there appears to be an enormous gap in general quality. There appears to be very little improvement between 3/NV on a technical level despite the amount of time and new hardware available. Not that "graphics ar everythung dur hurdur".

This is cowardice.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

titties posted:

I finished the witcher 3 and traded it in to pay off my FALLOUT 4 preorder.

I used to be like some of the posters itt. I remember the first time I saw GTA Vice city and I went 'woah, this game has poo poo for graphics, like a literal piece of poo poo does the graphics' so I didn't play GTA vice city for a long time. but then I did play it and I went woah I love this game so that's how I learned to shut the gently caress up about graphics

Titties... U know me... We've played hours of GTAO together... I don't care about graphics at all and this game is still going to be insanely poo poo-assed garbage from the opening cinematic all the way to the last closing slide which will be based on character morality even though that has no bearing on the theme of the series

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Meowbot posted:

hey thanks for a serious answer and not just thinking im being a jerk. I meant in fallout 3 not fallout 4 ... I can see more times of stuff becuase you can bulid a base with robots

Ok, yes you are right, on a PC ... my question was kind of aimed at people on a console, how do you get 1000 hours into a game that effectively doesnt have a new game plus?

with enb and all the mods the PC version will be easy to get hundre3d of hours into and im super excited even though I sound not thrilled about this game, its still going to be cool I just cant wait for the PC mods to fix the dumb stuff like animations / models / skins / bad gameplay mechanics that will more than like ly be prelvant"

So how does a fallout 3 player get 1000 hours out of the game without mods then? I've seen some people who said they played fallout 3 on console for 500+ hours a few times in this thread. I dont have a problem with them I Just want to know, what do you do doesnt the game end its not like there is tons of respawning enemies or armies of dudes to kill what are you doing for 1000 hours? do y ou end up using the same gun for 955 hours? thats what I mean ... like isnt it all just the same after 50 hours

lol

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Magmarashi posted:

I don't understand what they want Dogmeat to do? Make horrid dog screams and yelps while running around in a loving panic? Yeah, that's WAY better.

unironically this

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Whether Fallout 4 will rule or not depends on if the Tunnel Snakes are in it. Fallout 3 had a lot of problems but it had Tunnel Snakes and they ruled. New Vegas didn't have Tunnel Snakes but was a better game, so it ruled too. Fallout 4 looks like a step forward in some areas and a step back in others, so it needs Tunnel Snakes to rule or it will be worse than Fallout 3.

Putting Tunnel Snakes in Fallout 4 would be like putting Pyramid Head in a Silent Hill game after 2.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Droid posted:

This is cowardice.

This is legitimately a stupid loving thing to say in regards to posting on an internet forum, please stop.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Droid posted:

enormous gap in general quality

say what

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Republicans posted:

Putting Tunnel Snakes in Fallout 4 would be like putting Pyramid Head in a Silent Hill game after 2.

Homecoming wasn't bad, I thought it was a decent romp.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The Droid posted:

I honestly don't understand why so many people are getting hung up on the graphics comparison, the point was that Bethesda is much larger than CDprojekt and had a similar amount of time to work on it as CDprojekt had for the Witcher yet there appears to be an enormous gap in general quality.

This was discussed earlier in the thread, but what signs we have about actual size point to it not actually being true. CDR (supposedly, per the earlier discussion) has something like 230 employees, while the Bethesda team normally rocks between 80 and 100.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Lazy_Liberal posted:

NO rear end in a top hat gently caress YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

I don't think this is analogous at all, because it can be assumed that people making these criticisms have played other Fallout games and other Bethesda RPGs in addition to having played the Witcher 3.

I honestly don't understand why so many people are getting hung up on the graphics comparison, the point was that Bethesda is much larger than CDprojekt and had a similar amount of time to work on it as CDprojekt had for the Witcher yet there appears to be an enormous gap in general quality. There appears to be very little improvement between 3/NV on a technical level despite the amount of time and new hardware available. Not that "graphics ar everythung dur hurdur".

This is cowardice.

Except that as people pointed out, that is completely wrong. CD Projekt has like twice the number of people as Bethesda, direct government sponsorship and made a world with much fewer interactive bits going at once.

As for the comic what do you want me to say? You think the pipe rile looks bad. I think it looks good. You think making it a side loader is bad. I think it puts interesting bits in view of the camera. That home made guns blog had a side loading gun from India posted last month, so it's not like it's crazy or nothing. You just need to realize the difference between "I don't like thing." and "Thing is poo poo."

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

crabcakes66 posted:

NO rear end in a top hat gently caress YOU

I look forward to having the game and turning it on and seeing what happens. "Fun", I don't want to get ahead of myself there, but we'll see.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
Are there any plans to make a horses and swords mod for FO4 so I can play the Witcher 3 inside the fallout world?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Genuinely I just don't see how you could watch these leaks or even any of the E3 footage and not see the extent to which this is the same game as Fallout 3 with all its attendant flaws but with the addition of BioWare trappings to make your character even less yours. If you've seen all that and you're still excited, that's cool, and more power to you, and you have bad taste but I still love you, but to not acknowledge those flaws and wile out when other people point them out feels like a bizarre thing to do

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Agreed, and I am glad I got it for 45 dollars. I didn't know it's out next week!

quote:

Genuinely I just don't see how you could watch these leaks or even any of the E3 footage and not see the extent to which this is the same game as Fallout 3 with all its attendant flaws but with the addition of BioWare trappings to make your character even less yours.

Both FO3 and NV were fun and good despite their (numerous, typically crippling) flaws, so if it's more of the same then that's okay with me.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Any chance they bring back Turbo for this game? It was the only thing that made close combat tolerable for me.

titties
May 10, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Titties... U know me... We've played hours of GTAO together... I don't care about graphics at all and this game is still going to be insanely poo poo-assed garbage from the opening cinematic all the way to the last closing slide which will be based on character morality even though that has no bearing on the theme of the series

So it will be just like the other 3d Fallout games? That is fine because they were rad to play and I loved them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im a message board coward

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Wow what a rip off, Skyrim is just Fallout with swords

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I really don't understand how you idiots can enjoy anything with flaws. If something isn't objectively perfect it is necessarily an unplayable, unenjoyable pile of dogshit.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

titties posted:

So it will be just like the other 3d Fallout games? That is fine because they were rad to play and I loved them.

New Vegas was insanely good tho.. But I'm happy you're happy, my good goon friend

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Just Cause 3 dark horse GOTY, Bethesda RPGs have been trash since Daggerfall

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eonwe posted:

im a message board coward

The first step is accepting yourself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Magmarashi posted:

This is legitimately a stupid loving thing to say in regards to posting on an internet forum, please stop.

Cowards! FACE ME! *throws down pdf of Realistic Post Apocalypse Guns*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

rap music posted:

I really don't understand how you idiots can enjoy anything with flaws. If something isn't objectively perfect it is necessarily an unplayable, unenjoyable pile of dogshit.

New Vegas was flawed and owned, Fallout 3 was flawed and did not own. Fallout 4 is flawed and will not own for all the same reasons plus some new ones.. You can enjoy stuff that's flawed and doesn't own but you gotta admit it doesn't own or you look like a drat baby back bitch online and I will summarily wreck your posts

• Locked thread