Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Berke Negri posted:

if the girl is throwing up you better be throwing up too

barkeep, a shot of water and a shot of tequila for the lady

:cop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
speaking of, disint, how's the barfly life

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gravel Gravy posted:

Not for your run of the mill poo poo bird.

Typically why my brother and his friends made their party punch with roughly 30-40% everclear.

its a whole mess of ambiguity tbh since women can and do like to drink and then gently caress but consent is really not all that hard to figure out even at a drunken college party.

puking on the floor of bar is about as far away from that as loving possible, and even a lot of the dudebros i knew in college would have just let her sleep it off at that point

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its a whole mess of ambiguity tbh since women can and do like to drink and then gently caress but consent is really not all that hard to figure out even at a drunken college party.

puking on the floor of bar is about as far away from that as loving possible, and even a lot of the dudebros i knew in college would have just let her sleep it off at that point

and yet...

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The Warszawa posted:

i am kind of filled with trepidation of going back to this I think

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The Warszawa posted:

mildly toned down since I'm getting to know a decent small group of friends so I'm not feeling the need to be as compulsively extrovert and trying to meet new people every day

some dates

chat thread will I'm sure be relieved to know that I did not pick up the girl who walked up to me, said she loved me, spilled her drink and then spent her night throwing up at the halloween party I went to

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

was that your first american halloween

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Berke Negri posted:

don't

move to new york

we'll do leg days bro

it'll be great

i got diagrams

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the guys who made death note have a new manga

another one about a contest between gods and their chosen human or someshit

like three pages in tho the main character goes "well i guess its itme to die" and takes a nosedive off an apartment building so thats a thing

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Most guys don't like the answer to 'would she sleep with me sober' so they tend to avoid that introspection.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The Warszawa posted:

don't

move to new york

we'll do leg days bro

it'll be great

i got diagrams

can you line me up with a job in new york

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Disinterested posted:

mildly toned down since I'm getting to know a decent small group of friends so I'm not feeling the need to be as compulsively extrovert and trying to meet new people every day

some dates

chat thread will I'm sure be relieved to know that I did not pick up the girl who walked up to me, said she loved me, spilled her drink and then spent her night throwing up at the halloween party I went to

godspeed

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i don't mind if I have to live in queens and commute or something

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

you used to talk about how much you enjoyed the prospect of meeting someone totally new and something totally unexpected happening when you struck up a conversation at a bar

I think as long as you don't start feeling desperate or trying to force it (in the non-man-with-his-dog sense) you'll probably have a good time with it after the mourning period

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Me and this girl had already hooked up though. So it was kosher.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

that will change quickly

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

but consent is really not all that hard to figure out even at a drunken college party.

"But but but what if she had like one beer and then we hosed but she changed her mind about it and said she was too drunk to consent and calls it rape because her fee fees got hurt by blah blah blah blah" -Reddit.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Berke Negri posted:

can you line me up with a job in new york

are you willing to accept payment in comic books

(sorry dickeye i just couldn't help myself)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Man and his dog posted:

:george:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

the guys who made death note have a new manga

another one about a contest between gods and their chosen human or someshit

like three pages in tho the main character goes "well i guess its itme to die" and takes a nosedive off an apartment building so thats a thing

Being fair he just knew how likely he was to die horribly in a story by them, figured it's easier to get it out of the way.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

my god, queens?!!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

was that your first american halloween

since I was like 3, yes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

my god, queens?!!

settle down it doesnt meant that

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
queens is getting gentrified af

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

since I was like 3, yes

do our cultural traditions strike you as quaint

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*girl passes out on same sofa amahd is sitting on* "that makes her mine guys, we've hooked up!"

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
why couldn't he just build clocks?????

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

I wish I could find of a song that fully expresses my contempt for you and your posting.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

settle down it doesnt meant that

i know

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

after a semester of classes in the planning school im tired of talking about gentrification

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fire island, tho, does mean that

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Rollofthedice posted:

I wish I could find of a song that fully expresses my contempt for you and your posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5sIXUbMgF0

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Oh my god. Just stop.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Tesseraction posted:

*girl passes out on same sofa amahd is sitting on* "that makes her mine guys, we've hooked up!"

If you lick it it's yours. Kitchen table rules.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A Man and his rapegame

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Garcia and his wife, Maria, dedicated years to Scientology, taking dozens of classes to try to reach enlightenment. He estimates that his family spent $2.3 million on courses, fees and donations.

why would anyone do this

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tesseraction posted:

Being fair he just knew how likely he was to die horribly in a story by them, figured it's easier to get it out of the way.

im gonna finish death note once i get some credit

in no particular order the things im most interested in picking up are Monster, MSG The Origin, dorohedoro, lucifer and the biscuit hammer, berserk, and death note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Abuse Of Power: President Obama Could Probably Steal From Home Depot And Not Get In Trouble

Clickhole posted:

President Obama is out of control. Since taking office seven years ago, he’s hijacked our government and made an utter mockery of checks on his power. He’s off the rails, and today, the bleak reality is that if he wanted to, our sitting president could probably rob a Home Depot without even getting in trouble.

Just consider the following scenario: President Obama heads to his local Home Depot in Arlington, VA, picks up a flatbed cart, and walks up and down the aisles flanked by Secret Service agents, piling his cart high with home-improvement items. Once His Majesty is finally satisfied, he pushes his haul right past the cashier, salutes the security camera, and walks right out the door.

And who would be able to stop him? Is there anything standing between the president and Home Depot’s vast stock of high-quality construction tools and hardware?

As unfathomable as it seems, we must face the truth: If the leader of the free world decided to raid one of Home Depot’s 2,200 national locations, he could likely do so at will, with no fear of punishment.

When the Founding Fathers designed the presidency, surely they did not envision this. Surely they did not imagine a tyrant like Obama, who I suspect could point at a random Home Depot on a map, fly there in Air Force One, load hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise into a bulletproof limo without paying, and drive it all back to the White House in broad daylight.

And yet here we are.

Please, someone tell me, do we even live in a democracy anymore? Would dictatorship not be a more appropriate term for a system in which one man has unilateral power to commandeer thousands of kitchen and household appliances from the Home Depot? If tomorrow we see a topiary sitting proudly in the White House garden with its tag still attached, what could any of us do?

Let this serve as a wake-up call. A president who can financially cripple Home Depot without fear of punishment is no president of ours! If and when this robber baron shows up on Home Depot’s doorstep expecting to rob it blind with no consequences, we will not stand for it. United we stand!

• Locked thread