Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Meridian posted:

That lone wanderer perk is also high on the priority list. Carry weight and damage/damage reduction. If companions are as stupid as they have been traditionally then this is pretty much compulsory.

Yeah I never had any intention of using companions and the stuff we have seen so far only reinforces that. So lone wanderer is a must.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Bholder posted:

That's the point, they are literally made from blocks of wood

If you want a good example of ad-hoc lovely guns look at Metro where the starting SMG is a Sten style thing that still looks functional. There are lots of ways to make guns look primitive without making them take up a ridiculous part of the screen or shaped in ways that make no sense like the rifle with the bolt around the handle.

That being said, a lot of the guns are just existing gun designs that have stuck around for centuries and in every Fallout completely functional gun factories have been around.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

This game will be fun :) Cant wait to make my own guns, and see what cool mods get churned up!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GuyUpNorth posted:

One True Build is Luck 10 for sweet STOP SHOOTING YOURSELF shenigans :colbert:

Only if Jinxed is back as a trait

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
It only takes up 1/5 of the screen if you have a small monitor or are playing on a lovely console :smuggo:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Meridian posted:

The real question here is whether or not to start with eight agility for that sweet sweet ninja perk.

I must be a jack of all trades! I'll be compelled to start with 4 of each stat, then gradually level them evenly until I'm a perfectly strong, perceptive, enduring, charismatic, intelligent, agile, lucky ubermensch!

Then my war on newspapers can begin.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I may be wrong but it looked like those vids were running a really low FoV. Upping that to 90 or so should cut down on weapon size right?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Sputty posted:

If you want a good example of ad-hoc lovely guns look at Metro where the starting SMG is a Sten style thing that still looks functional. There are lots of ways to make guns look primitive without making them take up a ridiculous part of the screen or shaped in ways that make no sense like the rifle with the bolt around the handle.

That being said, a lot of the guns are just existing gun designs that have stuck around for centuries and in every Fallout completely functional gun factories have been around.

Nobody gives a poo poo. THESE GUNS DON'T LOOK AUTHENTIC AT ALL HOW CAN I POSSIBLY SHOOT ALL THESE REALISTICALLY RENDERED SUPER MUTANTS, DUDES IN POWER ARMOR, AND GENETICALLY MODIFIED DEATH MONSTERS WHEN THIS SIDELOADING SHITHEAP HAS DESTROYED MY VERISIMILITUDE. THE BOYS BACK AT HOME ON MY FLYING FORTRESS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE PUT OUT BY THIS. ALSO NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN ANY OF THE TRAILERS HAS SAID CHOWDAH YET THEY ARE REALLY loving UP THE BOSTONIAN EXPERIENCE.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo. THESE GUNS DON'T LOOK AUTHENTIC AT ALL HOW CAN I POSSIBLY SHOOT ALL THESE REALISTICALLY RENDERED SUPER MUTANTS, DUDES IN POWER ARMOR, AND GENETICALLY MODIFIED DEATH MONSTERS WHEN THIS SIDELOADING SHITHEAP HAS DESTROYED MY VERISIMILITUDE. THE BOYS BACK AT HOME ON MY FLYING FORTRESS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE PUT OUT BY THIS. ALSO NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN ANY OF THE TRAILERS HAS SAID CHOWDAH YET THEY ARE REALLY loving UP THE BOSTONIAN EXPERIENCE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDeiMD9a7w

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

someone make a mod that puts red sox and patriots jerseys on feral ghouls

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Um, excuse me, this is a weird fantasy setting, nothing has to look good or follow any sort of internal logic, gosh :rolleyes:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Someone create a mod that makes this thread good

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
what happened to all the leaks? is there any new ones? where are like "hey heres source video 1080p of us playing for like 30 minutes" everything is just like a 20 second clip taken from periscope or snapchat it seems so short

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

The really dumb-looking guns are off putting to me too. I'm sure I'll play this game when its discounted and all the DLC is out but it'd be nice if it looked like they put more than a year's worth of effort into this and barely upgraded from fallout 3 at all

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Droid posted:

Um, excuse me, this is a weird fantasy setting, nothing has to look good or follow any sort of internal logic, gosh :rolleyes:

Well, the guns aren't violating any internal logic. You just don't like them, which is fine.

terminals
Jan 15, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

They aren't rendered that well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Geoff Zahn posted:

Someone create a mod that makes this thread good

Some things are beyond even this mod community.

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Magmarashi posted:

Well, the guns aren't violating any internal logic. You just don't like them, which is fine.

I think if everyone had your attitude the thread would be fine. People acting like they've been personally insulted because the game is being criticized is a lot weirder to me.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Has there been any word on whether or not the game will have ammo types, or ammo crafting for that matter?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
the metro 2033 guns looked really cool as h*ck

strong bird
May 12, 2009

rap music posted:

I may be wrong but it looked like those vids were running a really low FoV. Upping that to 90 or so should cut down on weapon size right?

Maybe, but there are some alleged PC leak screenshots and the gun models are still huge.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Luceid posted:

the metro 2033 guns looked really cool as h*ck

Yeah.

You should make a mod that adds them to Fallout 4.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I mean they look pretty good to me when you aren't squinting at them through 320p resolution. You can see the textures have some detail, reflective surfaces, etc.

https://vid.me/JqKx

e: and this is on a console

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am excited to find out what the guns look like when I play the game next week in the scintillating graphical clarity of the PlayStation 4.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Droid posted:

Has there been any word on whether or not the game will have ammo types, or ammo crafting for that matter?

I really hope not, that part of NV was kind of tedious and I only used the magnum rounds or overcharged energy cells anyway.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

strong bird posted:

Maybe, but there are some alleged PC leak screenshots and the gun models are still huge.

Well sure, as a rule leaks go to the dumbest possible people. I doubt they went in and changed the FOV settings.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

All these negative goon opinions of Fallout 4, a game they have put considerable time and effort into playing, has convinced me to literally cancel my preorder.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Starkk posted:

All these negative goon opinions of Fallout 4, a game they have put considerable time and effort into playing, has convinced me to literally cancel my preorder.

j/k I'm not an actual moron

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

terminals posted:

They aren't rendered that well.

That's a fair point. When I went looking at some of the leaked vids I thought to myself that I don't remember this game looking this bad but rewatching the E3 reveal, it totally did. There's some real muddy texture work.

The Droid posted:

I'm sorry that you are incapable of divorcing your knowledge about real world guns from guns that appear in an entirely fictional setting and probably made by a team of artists who give exactly zero shits about gun authenticity or functionality. I'm afraid this isn't a problem with the game though, the issue is on your end.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 3, 2015

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm worried that I've spent more time in this dumb thread than I will playing the game.

I'm also worried that I hate myself.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

projecthalaxy posted:

I am excited to find out what the guns look like when I play the game next week in the scintillating graphical clarity of the PlayStation 4.

same

also I don't mind if people criticize the game and even if they don't like it but I am going to like it and have fun. If I don't I'll let you know I was wrong.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I really hope the Boston accent died out since after the bombs fell.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Why is it that in that vid towards the end, the character fires the "short hunting rifle" once and cycles the bolt, but then fires it twice without cycling the bolt? Its not a reload, his ammo count doesn't go up.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

rap music posted:

I mean they look pretty good to me when you aren't squinting at them through 320p resolution. You can see the textures have some detail, reflective surfaces, etc.

https://vid.me/JqKx

e: and this is on a console

It infuriates me more than anything in this dumb thread that they have these Institute rifle and pistol weapons and aren't showing them off. I loving hate these clowns that get the game early and are too loving dense to do anything interesting with it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Starkk posted:

Same but for real

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Do you think they put a dog in a harness and hooked it up to a bungee cord so they could push it off the Bethesda HQ roof to mocap the falling animation? I hope not, that would be pretty scary for a dog. That's probably why there's no "dog falling" animation.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Been pacing for hours, thinking about posting this. My father before he died told me to be brave though so....

I think the game's graphics look fine, and the gameplay does look too. I'll probably enjoy the game even if it don't completely live up to my expectations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBA Starblade posted:

I really hope not, that part of NV was kind of tedious and I only used the magnum rounds or overcharged energy cells anyway.

I didn't like it on my first playthrough, but on my most recent guy I ran through the game using Overcharged rounds on Elijah's LAER to completely shred the giant roboscopion, or sniping the Lonesome Road deathclaws with explosive anti-mat rounds, or using dragon's breath in my hunting shotgun were all highlights of the game. It turned the gunplay from a chore into a legitimately fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
it's a shame they're sticking with the apocalypse = dead vegetation look because rampant overgrowth is drat cool and honest hearts had a really nice vibe going for it

• Locked thread