Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:qq: "i spent a lot of money on a car and now its special and worthwhile, I hope no one treats it like it should be treated, which is an unfelling hunk of consumerist metal"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

zen death robot posted:

do you just shrug your shoulders and move your car if your kids ram their door into the car next to you?
you can basically see how he take care of his own personal belongs by seeing them as "unfelling hunk of consumerist metal"

zen death robot posted:

you seem like you have a lot of experience with this
looking out for them, avoid parking next to them and parking next to a car that's much nicer than yours are usually some good ways to make sure your car doesn't get hit

DaNzA fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 3, 2015

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zen death robot posted:

do you just shrug your shoulders and move your car if your kids ram their door into the car next to you?

you'd think that as an actual reasonable adult human id teach my kids to be respectful of others property

but instea i teach them that if you want to be a force in others lives? if you want to impact other people, slamming car doors is an excellent way because you don't even need to meet the person to make in change in their day

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

DaNzA posted:

looking out for them, avoid parking next to them and parking next to a car that's much nicer than yours are usually some good ways to make sure your car doesn't get hit

this is literally what I do

i also get really angry when someone parks their piece of poo poo car next to mine

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i also get really angry when someone parks their piece of poo poo car next to mine

cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ludwig van Halen posted:

this is literally what I do

im going to attack your car with hundreds of pokemon powers, knives, bombs, and hammers. and guess what? there's nothing you can do to stop me.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

im going to attack your car with hundreds of pokemon powers, knives, bombs, and hammers. and guess what? there's nothing you can do to stop me.
which pokemon powers are you going to use smythe?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
heck, i dont even own a car

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

which pokemon powers are you going to use smythe?

a single vine whip, followed by several rests

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i just read the anandtech 6s review and now i wish i'd gotten the good phone... dammit

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

a single vine whip, followed by several rests
hmmm

i think you would have better luck with your usual loadout of ppcs and lrms smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

hmmm

i think you would have better luck with your usual loadout of ppcs and lrms smythe

agreed

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

As a Millennial I posted:

i just read the anandtech 6s review and now i wish i'd gotten the good phone... dammit
did you get the 6? it's usually not worth getting the last year's device for like a hundred bucks less due to the fact it's probably going to be the most used piece of electronic device you own for at least a year or two

also since this is the S cycle when most of the internal improvements happens instead of an external redesign

you can still return it and swap it for a 6s if it's within like 2~3 weeks

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the 7s is gonna be so good

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i am a trash man with a lovely car and a lovely phone, it rules

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triglav posted:

the 7s is gonna be so good

yeah! the 6 will be chaeper

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you should try having nice things that are good

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

echinopsis posted:

yeah! the 6 will be chaeper

perfect for $1/day consumers in emerging markets

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol if your such a man child you break your phone

lol if you don't get AppleCare and give zero fucks when you break poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

you should try having nice things that are good

yeah, i bough a phone that was considered "the best phone on the market right now"

and when I get the 6 i will then have a phone that was considered leagues above the rest

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
see all those benchies in the review? they dont actually change over time

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

youre so happy your top of the line purchase lasted so long that next time you're buying middle of the line that won't last as long

makes sense

someone's gotta buy old and slow

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

neonbregna posted:

lol if you don't get AppleCare and give zero fucks when you break poo poo

Leave

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ios 9.1 did not improve 3rd party keyboard performance. actually it seems a little worse than ios8 now. don't know why this is so hard when my nexus 4 did great with 3rd party keyboard years ago

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

ios 9.1 did not improve 3rd party keyboard performance. actually it seems a little worse than ios8 now. don't know why this is so hard when my nexus 4 did great with 3rd party keyboard years ago

3rd party means not made by apple

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

sund posted:

3rd party means not made by apple

oh word?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triglav posted:

youre so happy your top of the line purchase lasted so long that next time you're buying middle of the line that won't last as long

makes sense

someone's gotta buy old and slow

up prior top of the line doesnt mean middle of the line

and I got my 4 the day the 5 came out thanks. cost effective purchasing supremacy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

and I got my 4 the day the 5 came out thanks. retarded purchasing supremacy

congrats on buying the last iphone to use a single core processor two years after it came out

and still use it in tyool 2015

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks man, most people just give me poo poo about it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/03/apple-gt-advanced-sapphire-debt/

well GT sure got a good deal.

so they got a half billion dollar loan from apple. failed to produce any useable product from the deal. declare bankruptcy. get to keep 600 furnaces and auction the rest. GT keeps half the proceeds. any unsold equipment will be given to apple to "scrap".

like how do they come ahead 600 furnaces and 1/2 the proceeds from the auction.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

:gary:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

up prior top of the line doesnt mean middle of the line

and I got my 4 the day the 5 came out thanks. cost effective purchasing supremacy

and now you constantly whine about it being slow and bad.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
dropeed my phone from 6 feet (1.8m) up onto teh road today

its still fine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gbs pic for a gbs man. return to your homeland

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/03/apple-gt-advanced-sapphire-debt/

well GT sure got a good deal.

so they got a half billion dollar loan from apple. failed to produce any useable product from the deal. declare bankruptcy. get to keep 600 furnaces and auction the rest. GT keeps half the proceeds. any unsold equipment will be given to apple to "scrap".

like how do they come ahead 600 furnaces and 1/2 the proceeds from the auction.

how did GT get a good deal? they overextended and hosed up the partnership so much they had to declare bankruptcy on the whole corporation

apple's not entitled to 100%. apple's only entitled to the value of the debt they held in the limited partnership between them and GT. if things were reversed, this same liability would have kept GT from now owning or forcing apple to sell the new spaceship campus

so apple gets their money back from liquidation of equipment and a free building and land, assets of the limited partnership. GT just keeps the poo poo they had outside that partnership with apple

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DaNzA posted:

you are like one of those drivers who drives and parks really badly and complains about it when the car is all beat to hell and scratched up with the tail lights smashed, bumper crumpled in and rear view mirror half hanging off the side

":qq: why wont they make a stronger car :qq:"

and then you get the cheapest chrysler from craigslist

Actually I'm one of those weird people who don't sell their last year's model to get a brand new one every year, because I'm not a retard

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I got a little bluetooth receiver for my Apple TV so I can use my regular headphones with it. I didn't have very high expectations for it but it turns out it just works and was well worth $10

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

Actually I'm one of those weird people who don't sell their last year's model to get a brand new one every year, because I'm not a retard
good for you, some people also just hold onto their device for two years and buy the latest one after that time period

which is still better than buying the last years model of something for roughly the same cost of the latest version especially due to how fast the mobile hardware advances

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

and now you constantly whine about it being slow and bad.

now? hes been complaining about it for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
bad_life_decisions.odf

• Locked thread