Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Just thought I'd chime in that I had a 4K yesterday on mirage which included a close noscope and it was fun and cool. Playing with public matchmaking can be hilarious sometimes if you are on the right side of things. Maybe I'll start goonmanning again. CS is always my fallback game when I get bored with other stuff, does anyone else find that to be true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The rule is that you buy HE grenades all the time until the one round you don't and then the bomb is ticking down and it's 1 on 1 and you both have 10 health and you know he's just around the corner waiting.

This, plus if you know they're in A ramp, throw a loving grenade in there. Even if you only hit a guy for 40 with it, you've done enough to justify the $300. That's the difference between a teammate getting his poo poo pushed in by that guy and going "uuuuuugh, 76 in 3, bullshit" and getting the kill and hopefully not dying.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

you're a trash player then sorry

Hahahahahaha

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

you're a trash player then sorry

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Be sure to peek with a nade in hand so papa xen can toss you out with spiros and the rest of the nade apologists

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Smoke grenDes rule.

Sometimes I stand in them and get Hogg as poo poo

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Grenades are good, especially when you run around corners with them in your hand, I suggest doing that with primed flashes when you're the front man of a rush, you will win games.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
The best ninjas don't even need smokes, they just walk over and blend in like they belong there

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
At what ranks do people stop deranking? I just got matched with 4 derankers, and it was highly frustrating to say the least.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

nosl posted:

At what ranks do people stop deranking? I just got matched with 4 derankers, and it was highly frustrating to say the least.

They never stop

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nosl posted:

Silver I.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Can't seem to get that last win for my placement. :smith:

So anybody wanna have a look and tell Randwandler(me) how to more efficiently mash my dumb babyhead onto the keyboard?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Apogee15 posted:

Sure they do. You can't just throw them anywhere. You have to think about where you want to land. That's thought and planning, even if it's only planning 5 seconds before you throw the nade.

That's 5 seconds planning too much.

I'm assuming this is a troll but if thinking for 5 seconds is difficult for you...:lol:

If you really don't understand how a single pop flash for retake or to counter a push is useful then I really don't know what to say.

nosl posted:

Report them. It probably won't do poo poo but if you report someone it prevents you from getting matched with them again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
5 seconds of planning is a lot when your usual plan is "which spot am I going to run to with this p90?"

That's my plan 90% of the time.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
So, I opened a case and got a minimal wear AWP Hyper Beast, that will almost make me break even on all the keys I bought :unsmith:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

fennesz posted:

I'm assuming this is a troll but if thinking for 5 seconds is difficult for you...:lol:

If you really don't understand how a single pop flash for retake or to counter a push is useful then I really don't know what to say.

I am serious. I never said it's not useful, I said I don't want to do that. I just want to run at people and shoot them.

And I'm fairly successful at doing that, seeing as I bounce between SMFC and LEM.

I don't care about being "competitive". If I did, I'd join a competitive team and actually practice.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
No wonder the NA scene is a shitshow :v:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Apogee15 posted:

I am serious. I never said it's not useful, I said I don't want to do that. I just want to run at people and shoot them.

Then just play deathmatch? It's literally just running at people and shooting them.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Then just play deathmatch? It's literally just running at people and shooting them.
DM offers the fun experience of "get shot in the back because random spawns suck".

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

symbolic posted:

DM offers the fun experience of "get shot in the back because random spawns suck".

Doesn't seem like it would bother this guy. He just wants to run at and shoot people. What's the harm of a lovely spawn and wasting 3 seconds. When you die in competitive you have to wait minutes sometimes.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
All I wanna do is *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang*

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 3, 2015

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

CS is always my fallback game when I get bored with other stuff, does anyone else find that to be true?

It's nice and predictable, and has a pretty clear learning curve, even if it is hard as balls.

That, and there is nothing as thrilling as the crazy clutch stuff you can pull off. It's the only game I know of where sound and vision matters so much.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Any eurogoons playing at ~DMGish (idk what my "real" rank is, used to be DMG back in the day) level? The cyka blyat solo queue experience is getting old again, wouldn't mind some good vibes while playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/smoll/

Smol fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 3, 2015

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
MM is the only fun way to play csgo.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Every post in this forum is a troll

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Be sure to peek with a nade in hand so papa xen can toss you out with spiros and the rest of the nade apologists

It is hilarious how often people tend to pull nades out right when someone is going to push/peek them aka the only truly wrong time to have them out

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I kind of agree...if your grenade is in your hands for more than two seconds, that means two things are at play.

1) You don't know why you bought the grenade in the first place
2) You are exposed and subject to getting shot in the face

If you know why you need them and how to use them, you won't die to those dumb peeks where your pants are down and you're furiously rubbing yourself while a gun is in your face

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Smol posted:

Any eurogoons playing at ~DMGish (idk what my "real" rank is, used to be DMG back in the day) level? The cyka blyat solo queue experience is getting old again, wouldn't mind some good vibes while playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/smoll/

I'll add you in a bit, me and a few non-goons are LE~ and usually play on the weekend and sometimes after work. What you knew as DMG hell back in the day is mostly eagle hell now.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

All I wanna do is *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang*

:blush: you know what it takes to get my heart flyboi :a2m:

Famethrowa posted:

It's nice and predictable, and has a pretty clear learning curve, even if it is hard as balls.

That, and there is nothing as thrilling as the crazy clutch stuff you can pull off. It's the only game I know of where sound and vision matters so much.

My girlfriend really wants to try and play CS with me but she is absolutely terrified of getting steamrolled since the majority of her gaming experience stems from console FPS.

Ive mentioned the hilariously unforgiving learning curve multiple times, but I've also combined it with how satisfying it is to be a feared one-man wrecking crew in this game than any other (save for OG Quake or UT).

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 4, 2015

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

just put her in the computer chair and tell her that shes a god and cant be stopped by these noobs

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Turk February posted:

My girlfriend really wants to try and play CS with me but she is absolutely terrified of getting steamrolled since the majority of her gaming experience stems from console FPS.

CS isn't for her. Start playing knowing you're poo poo or don't bother.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

fennesz posted:

Oh yeah, I really don't think she'd fair too well, but she is an insanely good poo poo talker, so that would probably be the only saving grace to a bad CS experiment.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Turk February posted:

Oh yeah, I really don't think she'd fair too well, but she is an insanely good poo poo talker, so that would probably be the only saving grace to a bad CS experiment.

If you guys goonman please record it.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

if you see me walking please stomp up to me and come to a complete stop so they know where i am without us double peeking anyone.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

fennesz posted:

Tell her that if she gets a thousand hours or so of playtime she'll work her way from poo poo to mediocre.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Antares posted:

if you see me walking please stomp up to me and come to a complete stop so they know where i am without us double peeking anyone.

bro ikts called baiting have you ever heard of it? they hear one set of footsteps when there's two there GG

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Turk February posted:

Ive mentioned the hilariously unforgiving learning curve multiple times, but I've also combined it with how satisfying it is to be a feared one-man wrecking crew in this game than any other (save for OG Quake or UT).

I'm really poo poo, but CS is segregated enough by skill that I don't get hilariously stomped unless I'm playing goonman.

The new player experience is waaaay better then when I attempted to play Source.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

My first goonman in forever (and 2nd overall) and I managed to get a 1v2 clutch by spraying through the mirage apartment wall. Tonight was good. :unsmith:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

4 damage in 1 hit with unexploded nade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEZiejsk2n8

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shadowlz posted:

4 damage in 1 hit with unexploded nade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEZiejsk2n8

lmao

• Locked thread