Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Just voted in Philly! Straight ticket Dem, except for the city council. See, according to my hurried googling earlier today when I realized it was election day, the Philly city council always goes Dem, except for two seats set aside by law for the minority party. Obviously, these two seats usually go to the Republicans, but this time around there are a few leftist independent candidates with at least some chance.

Here's hoping we pull it off and shut the Republicans completely out of the city government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
The image of being an outsider is often orthogonal to the reality. In 2012, Gingrich was "the outsider candidate". Gingrich, one of the most visible and popular Speakers of the House.

Remember, daddy giving you a job in the Texas Air National Guard means you are a war hero while actually going to war means you are an appeaser.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
https://twitter.com/govwalker/status/661607570587652096

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So schedule for congress in 2016 is out

They will be working a grand total of

111 days in 2016 including a historic 7 week break in summer

http://www.politico.com/blogs/the-gavel/2015/11/house-2016-schedule-215476

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
just voted in my local area in PA. voted straight dem. probably fruitless since this is a red area. (we voted for Breckenridge in the 1860 election)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow a guy too crazy for Arpaio.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So schedule for congress in 2016 is out

They will be working a grand total of

111 days in 2016 including a historic 7 week break in summer

http://www.politico.com/blogs/the-gavel/2015/11/house-2016-schedule-215476

GOP must be worried about the homefront.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Is there anything in CA to vote for besides a handful of Mayoral positions? I can't find much info.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

What kinda faggy european bread is that?!? Here in rele 'murica we eat out sandwiches on white bread ya pansy

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

hangedman1984 posted:

What kinda faggy european bread is that?!? Here in rele 'murica we eat out sandwiches on white bread ya pansy

The worse is that he's using craft singles. Not that there's anything wrong with them mind you, unless you're in loving Wisconsin and that's what you think should be on a sandwich you loving brag about.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Teflon Don posted:

What kind of clown bombs a Walmart?

Maybe he was just trying to set the clocks at Walmart back for DST?

im a ski bum
Feb 17, 2011
To contribute to old lady chat, my elderly Taiwanese- American neighbor who I drove to the polls voted for marijuana legalization today in Ohio. Kind of shocked me. She said she was only interested in it "medicinaly". Turnout looked to be very high considering the rest of the ballot was local offices and tax renewals. Any other Ohio goons with anectdotal turnout guesses?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Legally Kraft Singles aren't even cheese.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

A Winner is Jew posted:

The worse is that he's using craft singles. Not that there's anything wrong with them mind you, unless you're in loving Wisconsin more than 4 years old and that's what you think should be on a sandwich you loving brag about.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Clean Water Act, boy I don't know.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

FCKGW posted:

Is there anything in CA to vote for besides a handful of Mayoral positions? I can't find much info.

No statewide races, in my jurisdiction there are literally no elections of any kind today.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Speaker Ryan is Change You Can Believe In, if you believe in not working.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

This is the best part of the article:

quote:

"I don't know how a five-year-old can tell a good guy from a bad guy but that's what she said she was told."

Yes, that logic problem is the biggest thing to be concerned about in all of this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the week, "We're a country now where you can basically lie and get away with it." ~ Jeb!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
^^^ Joe please stop posting poo poo like this, it causes my brain to short out.

Joementum posted:

I need to get this loving gig. Salary, healthcare, have more days off than work days.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Whoever Joanne wants for POTUS should be elected immediately, regardless of who it is.

Reminds me of my own grandma too much to deny her wishes :kimchi:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It's a good children's crayon drawing of a real watershed though, so to that point kudos. Yes, don't dump industrial waste into water that touches water that touches water that touches my mouth.

Edit: please don't confuse a 90 year old woman with loving goons creepy hellos and high fives.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 4, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SLOSifl posted:

It's a good children's crayon drawing of a real watershed though, so to that point kudos. Yes, don't dump industrial waste into water that touches water that touches water that touches my mouth.

Roy Blunt is using that to argue that the EPA shouldn't be allowed to regulate water that flows into water because that would let them regulate all the water. And then what would we have? Clean water? Not in my America! :bahgawd:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Alris posted:

Realistically, how finished is Jeb! right now? A few weeks ago when things were looking bad someone pointed out he has a massive war chest for ad campaigns as primary elections get closer, which given he was the presumptive nominee before things got serious (well, as serious as a Republican primary can get) makes sense. But he just keeps on slipping. Short of five of his competitors having a Macaca moment during a live debate is there a reasonable chance he'll be able to dig his way out of the hole he's in?

Assuming he can keep paying the bills, he can reasonably hope for the joke candidates to decline as the elections approach. Then he just has to beat Rubio and Cruz, and there's plenty of scope for both of those. And even if he doesn't win, a good performance will give him a running start in 2020 or 2024.

His biggest problem right now is the self-fulfilling 'Jeb's finished!' narrative driving his donors away.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

SLOSifl posted:

Wait, is that what he was essentially trying to say? I watched it on my phone I I honestly thought it was like a three second looped clip.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Thump! posted:

Whoever Joanne wants for POTUS should be elected immediately, regardless of who it is.

Reminds me of my own grandma too much to deny her wishes :kimchi:

Cut out the middleman...

JOANNE FOR PRESIDENT!!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Joementum posted:

The most brilliant thing about this is there's only 2 weeks where they work 5 days in that whole loving calendar. And both times happen right before they take a full loving month off. It's like the rear end in a top hat in the office who's always "working from home" but right before he goes on vacation he comes into the office for a week just to make it look like he actually does poo poo.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I voted today

There was one election (school board, pick 3) and the only options were the three incumbents

I almost of regret bothering

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Wait, is that what he was essentially trying to say? I watched it on my phone I I honestly thought it was like a three second looped clip.
He has no idea about what he was trying to say and thus I have no goddamned clue. From context I'm sure he's "against it" but his retarded slippery slope argument is literally what happens when water flows down a slope of any slipperiness, I.e why water protection is extremely important.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

If you're not gonna do anything anyway, why bother showing up?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Somewhere Rubio wishes he was a Representative instead so it wouldn't seen weird if he didn't work at all.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Logikv9 posted:

Somewhere Rubio wishes he was a Representative instead so it wouldn't seen weird if he didn't work at all.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Jesus no wonder our government doesn't get poo poo done. Are other legislatures like this?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Conway up with a small margin in Lexington

But also up by 12% in Rowan County.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The House and Senate should meet on different days. On off days the Senate babysits the House, and the House watches the Senators work, just in case they pick it up like a bird learning your real doll's name.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

@mmurraypolitics: NBC/WSJ poll:
Clinton 47, Carson 47
Clinton 47, Rubio 44
Clinton 47, Bush 43
Clinton 50, Trump 42
Sanders 50, Trump 41
Sanders 46, Rubio 41

:raise:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Jesus, and here I am on call 24/7 and even getting called while my kid was in NICU. I'd say I need to run for office, but Florida districts may as well be hereditary lordships.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This man just learned about ice-nine.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
First picture posted to the Fark thread about the KY election:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003