Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
I think the game looks like it will be good & fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I liked GTA 5 graphics, I jacked off to that game a LOT

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Moridin920 posted:

I think if you're being honest you'll admit the average Witcher 3 NPC was way less complicated than an average Bethesda NPC. Hell a bunch of them were carbon copies of each other for the sole purpose of populating a town. If I pull my sword out and wave it around or attack a guard no one even really reacts.

All I'm saying is comparing graphics between an open world game (again, GTA and Saint's Row aren't anything particularly stellar in that department) to an FPS known for focusing on graphics is silly.

Also my definition of complexity is in terms of programming difficulty and resources/time spent. 'As big as' is meaningless; again: Witcher 3 has no physics system. Would you rather FO4 had slightly better graphics and flowy nice hair stuff instead of the physics it has? Daggerfall is the 'biggest' open world game coming to mind and obviously isn't as complex as any of the games we're discussing now.

My question was 'what open world games have amazing graphics AND all the other stuff too?' Pointing at Witcher, GTA, and Saint's Row is a bad answer.

witcher 3 was good whereas most bethesda games are bad though

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

This game looks like poo poo. That's why I've been calling it Retard 4 instead of Fallout 4.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Borsche69 posted:

This game looks like poo poo. That's why I've been calling it Retard 4 instead of Fallout 4.

And I can say retard, because my gardener is a huge one

(That's a joke from Ash vs Evil Dead ep 1 check it out folks)

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Borsche69 posted:

Cool, awesome ableism bro.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Fallout 4 will be good, but not as good as it should be. Fallout 4 will be bad, but not as bad as expected. Embrace the average. Eat Arby's.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Bholder posted:

Actually Fallout 3 has a more personal story than New Vegas did, which is funny since that tend to be Obsidian's speciality.

i never actually thought there were people in this world dumb enough to be bamboozled by bethesdas decision to spend the entire VO budget on a single celebrity voice but i guess i stand corrected

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Fergus posted:

I'm having a difficult time understanding phrases like, "Graphically, the game really does look like poo poo". The game clearly is no Crysis 3, but to say that it looks like poo poo? That's absurd.

It looks absolutely terrible, even if we pretend that games like the Witcher 3 and MGS5 didn't come out recently to set the bar a lot higher than it was before.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hashtag GBS posted:

Cool, awesome ableism bro.

this but ironically

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i said it before but bethesda are the Clowns of game development.

they are entertaining, but not at all for the reasons they themselves think they are

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

titties posted:

Nah, there's always the fat guys. and me, i'm fat

Downloading the 20 gig day-1 patch is part of the installation process so I didn't forget that either, owned

You dialed it back so you could feel better.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Gilganixon posted:

witcher 3 was good whereas most bethesda games are bad though

But Witcher 3 was bad, until it got like 9 loving patches deep.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i think the graphics look quite nice and also unique i think they have a lot of charm

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Borsche69 posted:

youd better watch your mouth bub :redass:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

Witcher is not nearly as complex as a Bethesda game. Sorry but it just isn't. 95% of the NPCs are throwaway NPCs that have no lines and do nothing and just either sit in their position 24/7 or walk between point A and B and that's it. I loved Witcher 3 but come on. There isn't even a robust physics system. Can't put buckets on people's heads and rob them blind, for example.

Is this a loving joke.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

why do they call it fallout 4? because the animations are so bad that ur eyes will fallout (4)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

this is going to blow you guys' minds but all games used to have really bad graphics. even the good ones

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Boogaleeboo posted:

But Witcher 3 was bad, until it got like 9 loving patches deep.

I was playing it on day one and I didn't have any problems with it.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Borsche69 posted:

Is this a loving joke.

I agree with him :shrug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
remember how New Vegas had that Zyborne Clock reference? What If FO4 lets you say stuff like "cuck, lol" or "im gay" to NPCs? hahahahaha What a world huh??

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
I still play the original x-com, if you care about graphics go get a console game or something

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
2015 was the year that everyone ran out of ways to say a game was slightly less visually stunning than they wanted it to be, so they say it's hot garbage or literally a PS2 game or some other hyperbolic nonsense.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Did they confirm that the physical copy of the PC version is on a DVD, not a bluray? Because that's just dumb. I get the whole copy protection angle by requiring you to download part of the game, but why not make it a small part and not a shitload of data. I'm sure like all games these days there will be a day 1 patch too.

That said, I can't wait to play this game!

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

The Goatfather posted:

this is going to blow you guys' minds but all games used to have really bad graphics. even the good ones

Fortunately, FO4 will never have the problem of being a good game with bad graphics.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Witcher 3 is worse than Skyrim. But its better than fallout 1 and 2.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I think the real retards are the ones complaining about graphics on a fuckin GameBryo game.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Nooner posted:

remember how New Vegas had that Zyborne Clock reference? What If FO4 lets you say stuff like "cuck, lol" or "im gay" to NPCs? hahahahaha What a world huh??

Bethesda is the kind of place that's more likely to include an Angry Birds reference or a sriracha sauce meme

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Borsche69 posted:

Is this a loving joke.

Uh no? I liked Witcher 3 a lot but they're fuckin just different games. Witcher plays more like an ARPG than anything else. Is it a joke to say most of the NPCs in Witcher were just carbon copies? Did you even walk around the main city for a few minutes paying attention to your surroundings? There's like 2-3 models for 'street prostitute' that just get shuffled over and over - ditto for GTA5 to a lesser extent.

It's just weird how you fools have to compare every game like they're the same across the board when they're just not. I loved Witcher 3. I absolutely don't get how it 'ruins' Bethesda games.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I think if you're being honest you'll admit the average Witcher 3 NPC was way less complicated than an average Bethesda NPC. Hell a bunch of them were carbon copies of each other for the sole purpose of populating a town. If I pull my sword out and wave it around or attack a guard no one even really reacts.

Also my definition of complexity is in terms of programming difficulty and resources/time spent. 'As big as' is meaningless; again: Witcher 3 has no physics system. Would you rather FO4 had slightly better graphics and flowy nice hair stuff instead of the physics it has? Daggerfall is the 'biggest' open world game coming to mind and obviously isn't as complex as any of the games we're discussing now.

none of these systems your describing in bethesda games actually mean anything for the gameplay though. the only times people ever actually mention radiant AI or physics in oblivion/fo3/skyrim is to make fun of it. Witcher 3 manages to achieve basically the exact same thing without simulating things to a level that nobody cares about without also opening the game up to a bunch of bugs, and also manages to be way more complex and have more depth in a bunch of other areas.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

Bethesda is the kind of place that's more likely to include an Angry Birds reference or a sriracha sauce meme

yeah except for that goon that works there and put a ton of SA memes into FO:NV

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous the ending is about whether or not to harvest the baby to purify the wasteland? It's basically Fallout 3's ending all over again.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Buff Butler posted:

It looks absolutely terrible, even if we pretend that games like the Witcher 3 and MGS5 didn't come out recently to set the bar a lot higher than it was before.

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE hahaha get your head out of your rear end in a top hat.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Witcher 3 is worse than Skyrim. But its better than fallout 1 and 2.

The fractal trolling

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Uh no? I liked Witcher 3 a lot but they're fuckin just different games. Witcher plays more like an ARPG than anything else. Is it a joke to say most of the NPCs in Witcher were just carbon copies? Did you even walk around the main city for a few minutes paying attention to your surroundings? There's like 2-3 models for 'street prostitute' that just get shuffled over and over - ditto for GTA5 to a lesser extent.

It's just weird how you fools have to compare every game like they're the same across the board when they're just not. I loved Witcher 3. I absolutely don't get how it 'ruins' Bethesda games.

i don't even like witcher 3 and i think i will buy fallout 4 but i feel like this post is wrong

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hashtag GBS posted:

yeah except for that goon that works there and put a ton of SA memes into FO:NV

Obsidian made New Vegas, Obsidian is not Bethesda. You clown. Hashtag GBS indeed.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

turboraton posted:

I think the real retards are the ones complaining about graphics on a fuckin GameBryo game.

the real retards are the ones making games on gamebryo 15 years after it stopped being acceptable, and you.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Farm Frenzy posted:

none of these systems your describing in bethesda games actually mean anything for the gameplay though. the only times people ever actually mention radiant AI or physics in oblivion/fo3/skyrim is to make fun of it. Witcher 3 manages to achieve basically the exact same thing without simulating things to a level that nobody cares about without also opening the game up to a bunch of bugs, and also manages to be way more complex and have more depth in a bunch of other areas.

Uh, I loving care? A lot of people do. Another example of 'I care about X therefore this is the most important thing and THAT'S IT!'

Half the fun in a Bethesda game for me is rear end in a top hat physics. You're saying it doesn't matter if you get launched into space when a giant clubs you and that it's lame and gay and I'm saying I laughed my rear end off when it happened the first time.

Farm Frenzy posted:

the real retards are the ones making games on gamebryo 15 years after it stopped being acceptable, and you.

Just keep calling it a 15 year old Gamebryo engine even though it isn't and even though you probably have no idea what an engine actually handles. It really shows your depth of knowledge in the field.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
does anyone else get reaaaaally turned on thinking about those lady ghouls from fallout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

Obsidian made New Vegas, Obsidian is not Bethesda. You clown. Hashtag GBS indeed.

Whatever to most people that go outside and interact with people they're basically the same thing lmfao

• Locked thread