Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Moridin920 posted:

Console trash :shrug:

The game is about collecting garbage and making a fort out of it, so PS4 will take that as a compliment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

tell me more about 4chan

it has the the latest memes

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

A bunch of useless guff NPCs that you pay no attention to at all and don't care about are a waste of time and resources, then

No its not. If done right, like in Witcher 3, it makes the game feel really alive.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Farm Frenzy posted:

dear lord now #gbs is chiming in with a 'no u'. bethesda fans are deranged

lol if you think im a bethesda fan and not just person thats enjoyed FO3/NV

theyre decent fun games to play on the 'box or PS, sorry you think that makes me a superfan

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Buff Butler posted:

I don't know how you can look at that image and think "Yeah man, looks tight."

I am going to play the game and have fun but that definitely does not look tight

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

Actually fallout 4's perks are the most disappointing thing shown so far. So many flat bonuses to things that you need to buy multiple levels of. Game features locked behind perks like crafting tiers and brahmin caravans. Pretty not happy with it but eh, mods will fix it. Skyrim had the same problem until SPERG came along.

this is why all this argument is stupid, because it's going to be bad for ~2 years until all the dlc is out and mods fix all the bethesda design flaws. it has nothing to do with graphics or physics

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

titties posted:

I am going to play the game and have fun but that definitely does not look tight

This is a reasonable post. Thanks for that.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Farm Frenzy posted:

tell me more about 4chan

i get most of the leaks from /vg/

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Nooner posted:

I am 100% turned on by the idea of some ghoul tang and maybe deathclaw????????

morally inept spotted

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Look I'm not saying the graphics are stellar and I'm not saying it's because there's a lot of NPCs to render in a big world. I'm saying they chose to work on other aspects of the game instead and that given the limited resources (budget + time) they can't get everything to 10/10 levels. It's just impossible. The physics chat is because people are going 'well look at Witcher 3' and I'm going 'and? It doesn't' even have a physics system.'

it does though. enemies gib and ragdoll and you can knock over little bits of junk everywhere. just because you can't actually pick up the little pieces of junk and plop them on peoples heads doesnt mean that it doesnt exist

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't care about how good the NPCs look when I'm flamethrowing on their asses in a power suit with a jetpack that's all I'm saying.

People be getting salty in here.

Farm Frenzy posted:

it does though. enemies gib and ragdoll and you can knock over little bits of junk everywhere. just because you can't actually pick up the little pieces of junk and plop them on peoples heads doesnt mean that it doesnt exist

Alright it had a rudimentary physics system. It's not as robust as it is in Skyrim and you know it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Farm Frenzy posted:

none of these systems your describing in bethesda games actually mean anything for the gameplay though. the only times people ever actually mention radiant AI or physics in oblivion/fo3/skyrim is to make fun of it. Witcher 3 manages to achieve basically the exact same thing without simulating things to a level that nobody cares about without also opening the game up to a bunch of bugs, and also manages to be way more complex and have more depth in a bunch of other areas.

Skyrim is the most complex game ever made because you can stick the bucket on the guys head and steal all the loot.

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003
Deliver us from evil, Todd.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

frajaq posted:

i get most of the leaks from /vg/

'leak' yourself back into /vg/

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Woah, what loving langauge is this?

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Smellem Sexbad posted:

Deliver us from evil, Todd.

Todd's actually on the KKK list 4chan leaked. Definitely don't try to verify that. Just know he's a bad man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Borsche69 posted:

Skyrim is the most complex game ever made because you can stick the bucket on the guys head and steal all the loot.

It has a lot of moving parts, moreso than most other games. Sorry if that makes you salty.

The original comparison that got me eyerolling was to loving Crysis. So again: comparing an open world game's graphics to a graphics focused FPS is dumb.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hahaha... "you's a fuckin' booty bandit!"

I can't wait to be a booty bandit next week.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

How is putting a bucket on someone's head to steal all the gold complex? Wouldn't it actually strip the system of complexity since it would render traditional stealth worthless in that situation? Wouldn't having to weigh the value of the item vs. the consequences of stealing it be more complex than putting the bucket on the head and taking it.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

closeted republican posted:

Reading this thread makes me happy to see that NMA is still very much alive.

If that's what you'd call it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

theyre a background decoration in both games but in the witcher 3 they fill out an actually nice city that has probably twice as many full npcs as there are in any bethesda game. are u really defending bethesda game cities with twelve people in them who stand staring at walls and repeating conversations with eachother all day

No

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
google: blue jumpsuit

google: mini air raid siren

google: XXL sized buttplug butt it is painted to look like a cool nuclear bomb

CANT WAIT FOR FRIDAY

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

I don't care about how good the NPCs look when I'm flamethrowing on their asses in a power suit with a jetpack that's all I'm saying.

it's mostly the culture shock of people with standards meeting people with no standards (like me)

i will buy fallout 4. i will..

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
This thread is really a forum stress test to see how many people the ignore list will hold.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

strong bird posted:

Woah, what loving langauge is this?

pretty regular use of english in TYOOL 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Xeremides posted:

Todd's actually on the KKK list 4chan leaked. Definitely don't try to verify that. Just know he's a bad man.

Todd may be a lot of things, perhaps a madman, but he has a pure and kind heart. You're crossing the line here.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Alright it had a rudimentary physics system. It's not as robust as it is in Skyrim and you know it.

what the hell does this mean? skyrim has ragdolls and you can kick things off a table. its not like its got realistic fluid dynamics or whatever max payne 3 does with animations

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nooner posted:

CANT WAIT FOR FRIDAY

honestly it would be MORE OF A CUM RAID SIREN!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

graynull posted:

This thread is really a forum stress test to see how many people the ignore list will hold.

And how many bitches can congregate in one thread, apparently

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Borsche69 posted:

How is putting a bucket on someone's head to steal all the gold complex? Wouldn't it actually strip the system of complexity since it would render traditional stealth worthless in that situation? Wouldn't having to weigh the value of the item vs. the consequences of stealing it be more complex than putting the bucket on the head and taking it.

In terms of programming complexity. In terms of how many man hours it takes to develop that poo poo, and the opportunity costs involved. It has nothing to do with the complexity of the gameplay.

Jesus christ games has gotten retarded lately.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

whew

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Nooner posted:

CANT WAIT FOR FRIDAY

Don't worry friend, Bad Dragon has a Fallout-themed product line out now just for you

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Moridin920 posted:

In terms of programming complexity. In terms of how many man hours it takes to develop that poo poo, and the opportunity costs involved. It has nothing to do with the complexity of the gameplay.

just lately?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

You're insane

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

who can forget when todd howard made the people at bethesda work overtime and put the extra miles in so they could make buckets obscure the vision of npcs so people can make funny youtube videos

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

frajaq posted:

just lately?

idk I feel like there used to be more programmers at least that would be more reasonable with their expectations.

Maybe not.

Farm Frenzy posted:

who can forget when todd howard made the people at bethesda work overtime and put the extra miles in so they could make buckets obscure the vision of npcs so people can make funny youtube videos

You think you're ice burning me somehow by purposefully misconstruing my argument? The funniest part is that you're so salty I know you have this poo poo preordered already, maybe even season passed.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'm out, this has thread turned way to vile for me, I mean it was bad before, but it's loving toxic at this point. :yikes:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So am I the only one who cheats themselves 10 points in all stats every time they play?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Back Hack posted:

I'm out, this has thread turned way to vile for me, I mean it was bad before, but it's loving toxic at this point. :yikes:

Egad! Not a loving toxic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Back Hack posted:

toxic ....... OR RADIOACTIVE?????? (just a lil fallout humor for you guys ;))

• Locked thread