Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

JoshTheStampede posted:

2015 was the year that everyone ran out of ways to say a game was slightly less visually stunning than they wanted it to be, so they say it's hot garbage or literally a PS2 game or some other hyperbolic nonsense.

Moridin920 posted:

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE hahaha get your head out of your rear end in a top hat.

I don't know, hot garbage is probably a pretty apt term to describe that melty lookin wax faced motherfucker.

Also yes, that is absolutely terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Moridin920 posted:

Uh no? I liked Witcher 3 a lot but they're fuckin just different games. Witcher plays more like an ARPG than anything else. Is it a joke to say most of the NPCs in Witcher were just carbon copies? Did you even walk around the main city for a few minutes paying attention to your surroundings? There's like 2-3 models for 'street prostitute' that just get shuffled over and over - ditto for GTA5 to a lesser extent.

It's just weird how you fools have to compare every game like they're the same across the board when they're just not. I loved Witcher 3. I absolutely don't get how it 'ruins' Bethesda games.

lol just lol just lmao if you have time to give a poo poo about facelss npcs, they're like that so you pay attention to the actual characters you're meant to give a poo poo about instead of getting your rocks off hassling random street prostitutes.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Nooner posted:

does anyone else get reaaaaally turned on thinking about those lady ghouls from fallout?

fisto is my poo poo

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah physics are a ton of fun in these games, like knocking things over and no-one noticing or caring, or that one bucket head thing

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hashtag GBS posted:

Whatever to most people that go outside and interact with people they're basically the same thing lmfao

Alas, I have been slain by your willful idiocy and witty insults. Oh I am bested! Woe is me!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Goddamn this thread is horrible.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So uh

Have you guys actually played a bad video game. Because if the fallout games are "absolutely terrible" then boy there are whole worlds for you to experience.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hashtag GBS posted:

Whatever to most people that go outside and interact with people they're basically the same thing lmfao

This is super true and makes the fanboy wars between F3 vs NV all the more hilarious

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
wiat i missed it though, is it cool if we say the n word in this thread now?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

RentACop posted:

Yeah physics are a ton of fun in these games, like knocking things over and no-one noticing or caring, or that one bucket head thing

the traditional skyrim greeting of jumping onto your host's dinner table and kicking everything onto the floor

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Meridian posted:

Goddamn this thread is horrible.

Nope, it rocks. Try turning your phone or monitor sideways, look at it from a new perspective.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RentACop posted:

Or like loving with someone's poo poo and having them go 'what the hell man, cut it out!' or dragon shouting a dinner set off a table and having the guards go 'gently caress man enough!'

Sorry you hate fun things?

projecthalaxy posted:

So uh

Have you guys actually played a bad video game. Because if the fallout games are "absolutely terrible" then boy there are whole worlds for you to experience.

For real though.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

frajaq posted:

This is super true and makes the fanboy wars between F3 vs NV all the more hilarious

How is it "super true" at all?

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

Alas, I have been slain by your willful idiocy and witty insults. Oh I am bested! Woe is me!

Holy cats dude, my insult was dumb and cliche but its really your own posting thats going to insult you the most

'willful idiocy' = not knowing/caring how many different developers work on a franchise youre in here no doubt whining about that you'll still buy anyway

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

is the multiplayer mode confirmed?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Buff Butler posted:

I don't know, hot garbage is probably a pretty apt term to describe that melty lookin wax faced motherfucker.

Ross Ulbricht is that you?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Buff Butler posted:

Okay. What hardware is that running on? What settings? I too can post some low settings poo poo barely running on a shitbox and claim 'HAHA terrible graphics!'

It's loving meaningless without knowing the context. For all I know that's a screenshot from an alpha build.

I already know something is up because I've seen NPC screenshots that look way better than that.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Uh, I loving care? A lot of people do. Another example of 'I care about X therefore this is the most important thing and THAT'S IT!'

Half the fun in a Bethesda game for me is rear end in a top hat physics. You're saying it doesn't matter if you get launched into space when a giant clubs you and that it's lame and gay and I'm saying I laughed my rear end off when it happened the first time.

Just keep calling it a 15 year old Gamebryo engine even though it isn't and even though you probably have no idea what an engine actually handles. It really shows your depth of knowledge in the field.

how desperate are you to defend bethesda if youve convinced yourself that you like the games for physics bugs and npcs schedules

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
actually, you know what would be super loving dope, hang on imagine this, what if instead of selecting dialogue choices with your controller you just saw the lines you could say and then actually said it out loud to the Kinect, how loving cool would that be id be imersive as fuuuuck!!!!!

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Nooner posted:

wiat i missed it though, is it cool if we say the n word in this thread now?

Let's find out

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Nooner posted:

does anyone else get reaaaaally turned on thinking about those lady ghouls from fallout?

I enjoy your posting. Please continue.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Okay. What hardware is that running on? What settings? I too can post some low settings poo poo barely running on a shitbox and claim 'HAHA terrible graphics!'

It's loving meaningless without knowing the context. For all I know that's a screenshot from an alpha build.

I already know something is up because I've seen NPC screenshots that look way better than that already.

its from ps4 gameplay

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Uh no? I liked Witcher 3 a lot but they're fuckin just different games. Witcher plays more like an ARPG than anything else. Is it a joke to say most of the NPCs in Witcher were just carbon copies? Did you even walk around the main city for a few minutes paying attention to your surroundings? There's like 2-3 models for 'street prostitute' that just get shuffled over and over - ditto for GTA5 to a lesser extent.

It's just weird how you fools have to compare every game like they're the same across the board when they're just not. I loved Witcher 3. I absolutely don't get how it 'ruins' Bethesda games.

Yeah but those random people are put there to make the games cities feel alive. Bethesda games do this too except instead of making it feel like theres 10,000 people in a city by putting people all over the place going about their lives, they just plop 4 extra NPCs with one line of dialog in random spots and they stand there pointlessly. You'd be crazy to deny that Noviograd felt more alive and interesting than any city in any Bethesda game ever.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Farm Frenzy posted:

how desperate are you to defend bethesda if youve convinced yourself that you like the games for physics bugs and npcs schedules

he is less desperate to defend it than people are to poo poo on it

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm going to download it from PSN because why would you possibly get a disc these days.

so I can sell them back later when it's time to get the FFVII remake or the DayZ port or the new Mass Effect.

I know you don't get a lot back when you trade them in but it's not as bad as some people rage about. My wife bought me the witcher 3, an open-world game with good graphics, for father's day. She paid $52 for it. 4 months later I traded it in for $23. This was last week.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
I give this thread eleven fedoras out of ten. There's less shitposting over on NMA for christs sake.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gilganixon posted:

lol just lol just lmao if you have time to give a poo poo about facelss npcs, they're like that so you pay attention to the actual characters you're meant to give a poo poo about instead of getting your rocks off hassling random street prostitutes.

A bunch of useless guff NPCs that you pay no attention to at all and don't care about are a waste of time and resources, then

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Farm Frenzy posted:

I just think it's funny that you people are going 'this company that makes wildly successful games just turns out garbage nonstop!' Clearly other people think the physics is fun and having NPCs with unique features/clothes/faces is cool and good.

Farm Frenzy posted:

its from ps4 gameplay

Console trash :shrug:

I mean what in the actual hell you're saying the physics system doesn't matter at all and you'd rather have it cut out if it means better graphics? Maybe I'm just jaded from playing Dwarf Fortress but jesus christ dude.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Hashtag GBS posted:

he is less desperate to defend it than people are to poo poo on it

dear lord now #gbs is chiming in with a 'no u'. bethesda fans are deranged

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hashtag GBS posted:

Holy cats dude, my insult was dumb and cliche but its really your own posting thats going to insult you the most

'willful idiocy' = not knowing/caring how many different developers work on a franchise youre in here no doubt whining about that you'll still buy anyway

You're a loving moron

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Magmarashi posted:

A bunch of useless guff NPCs that you pay no attention to at all and don't care about are a waste of time and resources, then

they're just scenery

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

greatBigJerk posted:

I give this thread eleven fedoras out of ten. There's less shitposting over on NMA for christs sake.

go post on nma then you big baby

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Moridin920 posted:

I already know something is up because I've seen NPC screenshots that look way better than that.

Playstation 4.

Graphically, it is poorly made. While we can debate the subjective merits of the art direction, the fact is that for a high budget game released in 2015, it looks absolutely lousy. I don't know how you can look at that image and think "Yeah man, looks tight."

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i'm pretty sure 4chan's /v/ fallout threads are more readable right now. over there it's like only like 50% posting memes and making fun of bethesda and 50% serious discussion

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

projecthalaxy posted:

So uh fallout 4. New perk system seems cool. Gonna go for a swim probably.

Actually fallout 4's perks are the most disappointing thing shown so far. So many flat bonuses to things that you need to buy multiple levels of. Game features locked behind perks like crafting tiers and brahmin caravans. Pretty not happy with it but eh, mods will fix it. Skyrim had the same problem until SPERG came along.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

theyre a background decoration in both games but in the witcher 3 they fill out an actually nice city that has probably twice as many full npcs as there are in any bethesda game. are u really defending bethesda game cities with twelve people in them who stand staring at walls and repeating conversations with eachother all day

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

You'd be crazy to deny that Noviograd felt more alive and interesting than any city in any Bethesda game ever.

Uhhh come on, it's got nothing on Fenway Park's noodle stand with a whole TWO bar stools!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Farm Frenzy posted:

dear lord now #gbs is chiming in with a 'no u'. bethesda fans are deranged

Buff Butler posted:

Playstation 4.

Graphically, it is poorly made. While we can debate the subjective merits of the art direction, the fact is that for a high budget game released in 2015, it looks absolutely lousy. The argument that it is a big game world with a lot of NPCs to render doesn't hold up in light of the fact that the Witcher 3 is a game that exists, and was made by Polish wage slaves.

Look I'm not saying the graphics are stellar and I'm not saying it's because there's a lot of NPCs to render in a big world. I'm saying they chose to work on other aspects of the game instead and that given the limited resources (budget + time) they can't get everything to 10/10 levels. It's just impossible. The physics chat is because people are going 'well look at Witcher 3' and I'm going 'and? It doesn't' even have a physics system.'

Plus I just don't give a poo poo about the graphics anyway to be honest and I've always hated that people that focus on graphics over everything else because imo it is wrecking games but that's a different argument.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Minorkos posted:

i'm pretty sure 4chan's /v/ fallout threads are more readable right now. over there it's like only like 50% posting memes and making fun of bethesda and 50% serious discussion

tell me more about 4chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I am 100% turned on by the idea of some ghoul tang and maybe deathclaw????????

• Locked thread