Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I just caught up on some of the news from the other games, did Graham Arnold really tell the CCM bench that they didn't want Matt Simon???

gently caress me, thats beautiful

e:Matt Simon, not Simon Fitzgerald

Tongues fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

Just googled, and yes to both. In japan apparently.

Lol he's wasted there!!!!!!

I hope he still wears his big fuckoff hats, he should switch to fox football commentary

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

So that guy bashes muslims ironically?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Jfc, dude

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
So Optus has won the exclusive rights to broadcast the EPL after 2017 rip my Foxtel subscription

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Shmoses posted:

So Optus has won the exclusive rights to broadcast the EPL after 2017 rip my Foxtel subscription

Wait, how would you watch it then? You wouldn't need their lovely fetch tv would you?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

If you don't want to lumped in with war criminals don't be a fan of a team for war criminals

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Half of my reason for owning Foxtel is gone...

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Byolante posted:

is this some bad classist dig at western sydney or what

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

lol Soccer fans in Australia attacking each other for being classist. No its a dig at the history of football club rivalry in western sydney being founded on Former Yugoslavian countries bashing each other at NSL games. Also the propensity for Western Sydney to help hide war criminals from the hague.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

And for Western Sydney being a desolate hellhole where the living envy the dead.

Wait.

Actually it had nothing to do with that but that's true too.

(ps I miss living there :'( brisbane is such a small town)

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Wait, how would you watch it then? You wouldn't need their lovely fetch tv would you?

Either that or watch it on our excellent, not at all hamstrung to suit the private sector national broadband network

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

I think this might be a reference to the eagle on the jacket, untie your pubes. A cursory glance at literally any other page in he thread should give you an idea of how much anyone here gives a poo poo about class Charles Dickens.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

Either that or watch it on our excellent, not at all hamstrung to suit the private sector national broadband network

Fuckers are gonna force me to go to every game, like I can afford to drink like that every weekend

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

I think this might be a reference to the eagle on the jacket, untie your pubes. A cursory glance at literally any other page in he thread should give you an idea of how much anyone here gives a poo poo about class Charles Dickens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnyrigg_White_Eagles_FC

there is zero reason why white eagle wings on the jacket of a western sydney fan would cause somebody to make a bashing muslims joke, none at all

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

there is zero reason why white eagle wings on the jacket of a western sydney fan would cause somebody to make a bashing muslims joke, none at all

Surely the whole Muslim bashing thing is more of a southern sydney thing or is this something the whole city can get behind? Have we finally found a way to unite the fractious NSW capital??

Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the north/south terraces will do in regards to the Nix. They've got no great love for the FFA but we do love being cunts so I'm 50/50 about whether we'll get a "save the Nix" banner or a "gently caress off we're full" just for shits and giggles

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Just also enjoying that wiki page, some sperg has added a [citation needed] after a sentence that says something like "serbian based bonnyrigg have a fierce rivalry with Croatian based Sydney United" as if that was some kind of mind blowing statement

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Surely the whole Muslim bashing thing is more of a southern sydney thing or is this something the whole city can get behind? Have we finally found a way to unite the fractious NSW capital??

Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the north/south terraces will do in regards to the Nix. They've got no great love for the FFA but we do love being cunts so I'm 50/50 about whether we'll get a "save the Nix" banner or a "gently caress off we're full" just for shits and giggles

The Terraces are for the fans. If there's any kind of statement it will be heavily pro-Nux.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shmoses posted:

Rip mine too, ffs no way am I going to buy another device to watch the foot, acestream +2017 fo lyfe

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Andrew Durante. Terrible giveaway, terrible clearing header, terrible effort to cover Barbarouses, then an own-goal off a driven cross by Barbarouses. All in the span of ten seconds.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

that was a solid result, good goals, etc etc

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thel posted:

Andrew Durante. Terrible giveaway, terrible clearing header, terrible effort to cover Barbarouses, then an own-goal off a driven cross by Barbarouses. All in the span of ten seconds.

Barbarouses you say?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Welly looked like scoring every time they went forward in the first half, but so did the Victory. Then they offered zilch in the second half.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
looks like welly got the *puts shades on* boot

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Twat le Piss posted:

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Byolante posted:

hey leave our little brother club alone #SerbneyFC

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I know I am very late but

Twat le Piss posted:

Bloody good game, Victory definitely needed the win to get some momentum and Welly needed a big stage to help show what they offer the league. To fill an away bay is massive especially when it would be so easy to just say gently caress it and not turn out, so good on the fans. I've heard of quite a few Aussies buying non-ticketed memberships as well to try and drive those numbers up a little

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

I know I am very late but

Bloody good game, Victory definitely needed the win to get some momentum and Welly needed a big stage to help show what they offer the league. To fill an away bay is massive especially when it would be so easy to just say gently caress it and not turn out, so good on the fans. I've heard of quite a few Aussies buying non-ticketed memberships as well to try and drive those numbers up a little

In all honesty I hope that Welly stay in the league, good on em for doing that

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Yeah I don't want them out and want more NZ teams, if anything really. If they'd just pull their finger out and join a real confederation already we might already be enjoying sweet Shakey Isle Derbies. The whole thing would just be ripe for "you ever notice how north islander kiwis putt like this, where as south islander kiwis putt like this"

gently caress it, buying a membership. My local team plays in yellow and black so now I can act all smug and hipstery in winter too

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
We need a team using the cowboys stadium to give those rugby league fans something to do in summer aside from wrestling crocs and getting got by a sting ray. Also a team somewhere inland like darwin or freeo or albany or something. Last thing we loving need is another lovely loving shirebogan scumbag club.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
We squeezed a pretty good Val Migliaccio gag into this week's pod

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Shmoses posted:

that reminds me I should do that thing as well.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

We need a team using the cowboys stadium to give those rugby league fans something to do in summer aside from wrestling crocs and getting got by a sting ray. Also a team somewhere inland like darwin or freeo or albany or something. Last thing we loving need is another lovely loving shirebogan scumbag club.

Wollongong and Canberra, gotta be. Sure, they'll be have exactly the same sort of non-derby sized crowds as the Mariners, but that's 2 new paths to develop players through. Is the AIS still in Canberra?

Shmoses posted:

dj_pain posted:

that reminds me I should do that thing as well.

This was excellent, nothing made me love Gombau more than this exchange.

And don't tell me you have a pod as well DJ pain? Are you still running with the North Koreans? do they have iPods in north Korea

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Canberra's w-league team seems to go alright, no reason they can't have an a-league side as well

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Canberra's w-league team seems to go alright, no reason they can't have an a-league side as well

I believe they tried previously but fell short of the required startup money, a consortium managed to get to like 4 out of 5 million or some such, was rejected and has yet to have another go. I've seen it mentioned that Canberra lacks a big corporate or industrial sector to help front the coin, but surely there's some company that would be willing to corner a market of a couple hundred thousand?

I just wish that the FFA would set up some kind of identifiable criteria (aside from population) that clubs and communities can then work around. They have a system in place for joining the J3 league in Japan, where minimum facility, financials, infrastructure etc are published. I believe that any entering team has to have existed in the lower leagues for a number of years before they can go up, so that stops teams just getting flung together and chucked into the top flight ala wanderers

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Heading to my first match of the season tonight. Adelaide to kick 100 goals to make up for lost time.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Heading to my first match of the season tonight. Adelaide to kick 100 goals to make up for lost time.

This match might be amazing, the new entertaining Mariners vs. The Goddamn Dampest Squibs in the the shittiest book (i don't know what squibs get traditionally stored in, squib bag?).

Can Owen Goal deliver the goods for Adelaides opponents again??

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's a game on tonight??

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Twat le Piss posted:

There's a game on tonight??

Yep tonight we get to watch City somehow throw a lead away against a team who can't spell the word goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shmoses posted:

Yep tonight we get to watch City somehow throw a lead away against a team who can't spell the word goal

gently caress yeah im hype!!!!

• Locked thread