Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

F.A.G.G.O.T. posted:

I'd say it's good to be back but it's really not

welcome to new games, same as the old games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Meowbot posted:

im not trying to be mean but there needs to be some equieliubrium because its like theres a lot of animocsity that should be better used for todd howard and his lying bag of tricks like an evil felix the cat

post some leaks, talk about ur fallout experiences and chillax

Today I fired up new vegas since my titty mod was fuckin up the game, I decided to see maybe if it would work - I got ENB working with 1920x1080 in new vegas and all of the colors were super bright butI was like ok ... heres mys tory

I put on the "metal armor" on my wasteland waifu, equipped the only shotgun I had after punching some brahmins and having to reload. I then started the arduous trek from goodsrpings to primm and some guy was like

HEY, can you help me? as I loaded up VATS. HE was bitching about something, and all I said to him was "Sorry, I Got my own problems" GOODBYE and he was like "I Really hope that my girlfrien..." but it was too late, VATS had a 98% critical chance on his head. Like a beautiful hummingbird in flight all of the sounds around medisappeared as his head exploded i nto a fine mist and his body crumpled up before me.

Good I thought. gently caress him I thought.

I moved on, there has to be more people to kill I thought. Some "Posh gangers" or something that had chibi faces had giant tits stretching to the horizon as I thought I was hallucinating because there is SOMETHING REAL wrong with my inztallation of the game, all of the textures and models pop in and out and a huge blue light shows up (If you dont believe me I will fraps this because its kinda funny) ... so I see these two girls throwing bottles or grenades at me? Well, time to die I think. I line up some shotgun blasts and watch their titties stretching to the horizon collapse and coalesce into more halluninogenic colors.

Ah, Primm. That was a long trek! At least 2 or 3 minutes in a "running animation", another town to unleash my hell. I see a guard, he tells me to go somewhere else? No, not today fucker. I kill him and his body starts spinning out of control and other guards shoot me and I die. as I fall to the ground I decide thats enough fun for one day. This was my new vegas experience. Now I see why people like Fallout. This will be a memory that will never die in my eyes but it wasnt the jankiness of bethesda, it was the jankiness of my 100+ mods that didn't want to play together and they created a wonderful short lived experience.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

uh...yeah...same bro *backs towards door*

strong bird
May 12, 2009

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

It's like stream of consciousness shitposting.

Alternatively:

Source your quotes.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Reminder: The Fallout 3 main quest had 14 total steps, 3 of which were the prologue. There were 17 sidequests, and 22 unmarked quests. With the DLC there are 33 total marked and unmarked quests for a grand total of 86 quests total.
In New Vegas the main quest had anywhere from 9 to 14 steps depending on which of the four paths you followed for a total of 30 steps. There were 81 sidequests, and 81 unmarked quests. With the DLC there are 62 total marked and unmarked quests for a grand total of 254 quests. Obviously there are mutually exclusive quests and quests that are just other quests but slightly different, but even taking that into account there is a clear difference in content. Fallout 3 has little to no actual content, people who say that it has a great world to explore only mean the quirky little setups that are placed everywhere because there is nothing to actually do.

Fallout 3 also had 12 pistols, 15 rifles, 5 shotguns, 2 SMGs, 17 heavy weapons, 14 energy pistols, 10 energy rifles, 10 explosives, 44 melee weapons, and 8 unarmed weapons for a total of 137 weapons of which a large amount are "unique" weapons which look the same but have different stats.
New Vegas had 18 pistols, 25 rifles, 9 shotguns, 8 SMGs, 5 heavy guns, 13 energy pistols, 15 energy rifles, 12 energy heavy weapons, 40 explosive weapons, 60 melee weapons, and 33 unarmed weapons for a total of 238 weapons almost all of which have if not unique models then at least unique textures.

Not saying that I think Fallout 4 is going to go back to Fallout 3 levels of sparseness, Skyrim is a pretty good indication that they know how to pack games full of content. Just a reminder that Fallout 3 was not a very big game at all and that there are reasons why New Vegas is considered so good in comparison by a lot of people and that there are reasons that Bethesda should be taking lessons from New Vegas instead of doing Fallout 3X2.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

It's like stream of consciousness shitposting.

Its the most complex entertainment of our time, but is it art?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

A Curvy Goonette posted:

are you telling me this is not how you play fallout?

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

If you criticize something I like, you are a troll and a shitposter, and I am definitely not a sensitive baby that just got his fee fees hurt.

lol @ fee fees

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Meowbot posted:

are you telling me this is not how you play fallout?

Crouch everywhere, shoot everything.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Meridian posted:

Even though I'm going to watch it later, how's the map look? So far I've only really seen that one square block where the power armor fight happens and the initial starting area.

ugh it breaks the vid.me limit, gently caress it

Anyway it looks not very dense with content all around from the brief look at the map the leaker gives.

Also outside the urban areas the game is gonna look really really brown and grey all the time

edit: fixed the first pic, wtf imgur

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anybody else already have their first ten perks or so planned out? Gonna go crazy with the crafting.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Zeron posted:

Reminder: The Fallout 3 main quest had 14 total steps, 3 of which were the prologue. There were 17 sidequests, and 22 unmarked quests. With the DLC there are 33 total marked and unmarked quests for a grand total of 86 quests total.
In New Vegas the main quest had anywhere from 9 to 14 steps depending on which of the four paths you followed for a total of 30 steps. There were 81 sidequests, and 81 unmarked quests. With the DLC there are 62 total marked and unmarked quests for a grand total of 254 quests. Obviously there are mutually exclusive quests and quests that are just other quests but slightly different, but even taking that into account there is a clear difference in content. Fallout 3 has little to no actual content, people who say that it has a great world to explore only mean the quirky little setups that are placed everywhere because there is nothing to actually do.

Fallout 3 also had 12 pistols, 15 rifles, 5 shotguns, 2 SMGs, 17 heavy weapons, 14 energy pistols, 10 energy rifles, 10 explosives, 44 melee weapons, and 8 unarmed weapons for a total of 137 weapons of which a large amount are "unique" weapons which look the same but have different stats.
New Vegas had 18 pistols, 25 rifles, 9 shotguns, 8 SMGs, 5 heavy guns, 13 energy pistols, 15 energy rifles, 12 energy heavy weapons, 40 explosive weapons, 60 melee weapons, and 33 unarmed weapons for a total of 238 weapons almost all of which have if not unique models then at least unique textures.

Not saying that I think Fallout 4 is going to go back to Fallout 3 levels of sparseness, Skyrim is a pretty good indication that they know how to pack games full of content. Just a reminder that Fallout 3 was not a very big game at all and that there are reasons why New Vegas is considered so good in comparison by a lot of people and that there are reasons that Bethesda should be taking lessons from New Vegas instead of doing Fallout 3X2.

Let me explain to you why New Vegas is a better game than Fallout 3 using charts and graphs that make it the objective truth

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

how i imagine every negative poster in this thread, after successfully posting "ur all IDIOTS for thinking this game will be good" for hours at a time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO22bjqxsz0

Now that's paper.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Die Laughing posted:

Anybody else already have their first ten perks or so planned out? Gonna go crazy with the crafting.

Here's a tip, craft yourself a clue.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

frajaq posted:

Anyway it looks not very dense with content all around from the brief look at the map the leaker gives.

Also outside the urban areas the game is gonna look really really brown and grey all the time

Appreciate that. Have we seen anything of the glowing sea or whatever the Fallout 3 looking area is yet?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

bloodychill posted:

Let me explain to you why New Vegas is a better game than Fallout 3 using charts and graphs that make it the objective truth

Delusion: A Field Guide to making your Subjectivity into Objectivity

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
My follow-up shows exactly how many jokes in Fallout 2 were referential versus the completely original jokes in Fallout 1, proving that Fallout 2 has objectively lazier referential humor than Fallout 1

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

A Curvy Goonette posted:

fursonally i am forever pleased that a meaningless statistic kept obsidian from making any more fallout games and it returned to the true masters of the fallout universe. hail todd, hail metacritic

What was the One Weird Statistic?!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
worse, his count is off!!!! there's actually two fewer rifles than that in fallout: new vegas. time for a recount!!!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

bloodychill posted:

Let me explain how this McDonald's ham burger is just like a homemade one because taste is subjective

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Was this the "no bonuses" metacritic bullshit?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Meridian posted:

Appreciate that. Have we seen anything of the glowing sea or whatever the Fallout 3 looking area is yet?

Nope.

Radstorms look cool and when a rad-lightning strikes near you, you get a surge of radiation

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

frajaq posted:

edit: fixed the first pic, wtf imgur

I hate the fuckin map in these games! Can they fix it or what.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Was this the "no bonuses" metacritic bullshit?

I believe that is what is being discussed, yes.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Die Laughing posted:

Just dumping into INT, with point in other SPECIAL to pick up survivability perks, then all VATs, and finally those perks that can compel NPCs to give up. I want to gunslinger weapons out of people's hands, then intimidate everyone into sniveling little babies.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

frajaq posted:

Radstorms look cool

Would you say they look...rad?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Meowbot posted:

im not trying to be mean but there needs to be some equieliubrium because its like theres a lot of animocsity that should be better used for todd howard and his lying bag of tricks like an evil felix the cat

post some leaks, talk about ur fallout experiences and chillax

Today I fired up new vegas since my titty mod was fuckin up the game, I decided to see maybe if it would work - I got ENB working with 1920x1080 in new vegas and all of the colors were super bright butI was like ok ... heres mys tory

I put on the "metal armor" on my wasteland waifu, equipped the only shotgun I had after punching some brahmins and having to reload. I then started the arduous trek from goodsrpings to primm and some guy was like

HEY, can you help me? as I loaded up VATS. HE was bitching about something, and all I said to him was "Sorry, I Got my own problems" GOODBYE and he was like "I Really hope that my girlfrien..." but it was too late, VATS had a 98% critical chance on his head. Like a beautiful hummingbird in flight all of the sounds around medisappeared as his head exploded i nto a fine mist and his body crumpled up before me.

Good I thought. gently caress him I thought.

I moved on, there has to be more people to kill I thought. Some "Posh gangers" or something that had chibi faces had giant tits stretching to the horizon as I thought I was hallucinating because there is SOMETHING REAL wrong with my inztallation of the game, all of the textures and models pop in and out and a huge blue light shows up (If you dont believe me I will fraps this because its kinda funny) ... so I see these two girls throwing bottles or grenades at me? Well, time to die I think. I line up some shotgun blasts and watch their titties stretching to the horizon collapse and coalesce into more halluninogenic colors.

Ah, Primm. That was a long trek! At least 2 or 3 minutes in a "running animation", another town to unleash my hell. I see a guard, he tells me to go somewhere else? No, not today fucker. I kill him and his body starts spinning out of control and other guards shoot me and I die. as I fall to the ground I decide thats enough fun for one day. This was my new vegas experience. Now I see why people like Fallout. This will be a memory that will never die in my eyes but it wasnt the jankiness of bethesda, it was the jankiness of my 100+ mods that didn't want to play together and they created a wonderful short lived experience.

Zeron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AMvsyL770

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Would you say they look...rad?

yes

two headed deer!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Didn't people get this on PC already? When is the game going to "come out" if you know what I mean?

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

frajaq posted:

Nope.

Radstorms look cool and when a rad-lightning strikes near you, you get a surge of radiation

Thanks for your service to this thread

Meowbot posted:

What the gently caress are you talking bout crazy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

pip boys shows the status of your settlement and shows where you parked the power armor

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Effectronica posted:

Let me explain how this McDonald's ham burger is just like a homemade one because taste is subjective

There are very likely many people who prefer McDonald's hamburgers to your home-made ones and no chart will ever change this. I say this as someone who hates McDonald's almost as much as Burger King, the Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel of fast food joints

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
please stop quoting effectronica's posts thanks

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

bloodychill posted:

There are very likely many people who prefer McDonald's hamburgers to your home-made ones and no chart will ever change this. I say this as someone who hates McDonald's almost as much as Burger King, the Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel of fast food joints

There are several million people who believe in a flat earth, but I can go about my day without handwringing about how they might be right.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Look, you like Master and Commander, and I get emotionally invested in the plot of Transformers:Age of Extinction,

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

some guy is streaming it right now on twitch

lets bet how fast it gets taken down

ps: hes really bad at the game

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Like that's new. Everyone who gets games early and streams them tends to be really bad at it. It's like a law.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Effectronica posted:

There are several million people who believe in a flat earth, but I can go about my day without handwringing about how they might be right.

That's a pretty mean thing to say about the people who eat at Burger King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Effectronica posted:

There are several million people who believe in a flat earth

what

Are you implying it's not?

• Locked thread