Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

When did Shingo get so skinny? I remember puffy Shingo.

Alastor_the_Stylish fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm not familiar at all with Dragon Gate, so that might explain it, but I don't get why Dave gushed so much about that match. It was really good, but I don't think it was anywhere near Ibushi/Nakamura and I certainly don't think it was one of the best performances of all time.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 4, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it was v good and he went bonkers yeah lol idk either. compared mocchy to literally the GOAT

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did Dave see it live? That usually has something to do with it

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I'd argue that mocchy might be the man of his age who show's his age the least (either him or negro casas). I thought it was better than him vs masato yoshino from last year (mocchy's 20th anniversary show), and I had that as last years' moty but there has been a lot of stuff that has blown that match out of the water this year.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Did Dave see it live? That usually has something to do with it

nope, he caught it after raw/breaking ground. It was super late on 10/31-11/1 and ran versus a njpw korakuen so i think he caught that one first.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

It was alright but the opening was a bit of a slog and had shades of dumb indy spots.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm sure he'll change his mind eventually. Remember, he also thought this wrestle mania was the best and changed his mind a few days later.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

mariooncrack posted:

I'm sure he'll change his mind eventually. Remember, he also thought this wrestle mania was the best and changed his mind a few days later.

to be fair he was actually at mania and changed his opinion due to the fact that how the product comes across live is completely different to how it comes across on tv

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Between the Sheets 15 is out covering October 27 - November 2 1993 and may be the best episode yet of the best wrestling podcast out there. Great discussion of lucha and Japanese stuff that you just don't hear anywhere else. I always love discussion of early 90s Japanese indies cause it's one of the most fascinating periods in wrestling history imo.

Fav part: the story of Yuki Ishikawa traveling to California with just a photo of Karl Gotch trying to track him down and get him to train him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This time tomorrow Big Daddy will be in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

justice at last

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Burl Ives gets justice at last.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

This time tomorrow Big Daddy will be in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame.

Oh drat the Hall of Fame Observer coming out already?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

now all we need is Uncle Haystacks and Moondog Fart to complete the trifecta

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

DG match felt like every Shibata match Dave goes nuts for. It's in between an Ishii brawl and a full speed moves~! match. I prefer the extremes.

Lock Of The Week: Colon, Assassins, Bryan, Brock, Cien Caras, Volk Han.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Spermgod posted:

Between the Sheets 15 is out covering October 27 - November 2 1993 and may be the best episode yet of the best wrestling podcast out there. Great discussion of lucha and Japanese stuff that you just don't hear anywhere else. I always love discussion of early 90s Japanese indies cause it's one of the most fascinating periods in wrestling history imo.

Fav part: the story of Yuki Ishikawa traveling to California with just a photo of Karl Gotch trying to track him down and get him to train him.
Wow, I had never heard of this podcast network before, but it looks like they have all kinds of interesting stuff. Do they generally put out a good product or is there stuff I should watch out for? I'm most interested in the All Japan Excite Series and Between the Sheets shows, but there are some others I might try out. They all look pretty long though.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'm fine with Dave's love of Japanese wrestling, but I have to roll my eyes when he gives the "[Japanese match or show] made it difficult to enjoy [WWE event]" shpiel

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'm fine with Dave's love of Japanese wrestling, but I have to roll my eyes when he gives the "[Japanese match or show] made it difficult to enjoy [WWE event]" shpiel

Why? After eating perfectly prepared kobe beef I find it difficult to enjoy an old man fart in my mouth.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's a guilty pleasure for me

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You're already watching pro wrestling and you're pretending to be too good for fartbeef. Okay buddy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

mochizuki is good, and very old

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WWE sucks please don't Nippon-shame Dave.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh my god the fat Vinny story on B&V and Bryan's follow up

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Dunbar posted:

Wow, I had never heard of this podcast network before, but it looks like they have all kinds of interesting stuff. Do they generally put out a good product or is there stuff I should watch out for? I'm most interested in the All Japan Excite Series and Between the Sheets shows, but there are some others I might try out. They all look pretty long though.

I enjoy those, Wrestling Culture, Exile on Badstreet and Digging in the Crates. The post-PPV reaction shows are good too. The rest of the stuff is pretty eh

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
lol

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

flashy_mcflash posted:

You're already watching pro wrestling and you're pretending to be too good for fartbeef. Okay buddy.

Perhaps he has a more reserved taste?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dunbar posted:

The Exile on Badstreet had a good series with Dylan Hales and others guesting about the WON HOF ballot which was really good.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Are any of the VoW podcasts worthwhile? I read their main site and their international wrestling sub forum, but there's so much poo poo on F4W/WO I generally never listen to any other wrestling podcasts.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

Are any of the VoW podcasts worthwhile? I read their main site and their international wrestling sub forum, but there's so much poo poo on F4W/WO I generally never listen to any other wrestling podcasts.

They get more into Japan on their flagship podcast but your mileage might vary with joe lanza.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

They get more into Japan on their flagship podcast but your mileage might vary with joe lanza.

Pretty much yeah. They do have interesting things to say, they cover a lot of stuff that Dave and Bryan neglect, and they do break stories from time to time. But I really dislike Joe Lanza when he's talking about anything other than actual wrestling because a lot of his views are real garbage, and sometimes that makes it hard to listen to. It's a curate's egg

The non-flagship podcasts have different hosts and cover a massive range of stuff. I've been meaning to check some of them out but right now I'm addicted to We Hate Movies so other podcasts are taking a backseat while I work my way through their archives

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 4, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Fartbeef is good and everyone should eat it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Filthy Four Daily is the best podcast on the internet especially as it promises to get dumber with this tournament.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Time stamping a Meltzer podcast would drive anyone crazy. That guy is all over the place.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
27:48.000 Don Muraco
27:48.002 Don Muraco
27:48.005 Don Muraco
27:48.006 Don Muraco
27:48.009 Don Muraco

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so wait, in the 20ish years they've been doing audio they don't have any type of show format or post production?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

coconono posted:

so wait, in the 20ish years they've been doing audio they don't have any type of show format or post production?

The shows are completely unedited except for when they do things like accidentally say someone's phone number or Granny says something racist.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He's right.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Brian never liked having someone in back, so I'm not sure why this is a shock

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

Brian never liked having someone in back, so I'm not sure why this is a shock

GOD drat YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
The only thing I want a timestamp for are the Granny segments

• Locked thread