Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Batista rules and any dumb thing he does is automatically cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

That's not Rusev!

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Stone Cold E.T.!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

This wasn't Halloween but a friend of ours wanted us all to dress as a wrestler for his birthday. Then that changed to us all dressing as Austin. Was a great night.

cool michael elgin costumes

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

A couple years ago I got my girlfriend to go in on the best couple's costume.

While she loved being wrapped in a pillow, I couldn't convince her to be the Anvil this year, sadly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

While she loved being wrapped in a pillow, I couldn't convince her to be the Anvil this year, sadly.

In fairness I wouldn't wanna shake like I have parkinson's all night either, Anvil's in ROUGH shape. I saw one of those ballpark wrestling card promos a while back and he was twitching like he was either on meth or he had parkinson's.

Mind you, I suppose your girlfriend could have just stroked a fake beard and laugh a lot if she'd gone along with it.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I get that TankAnvil and Bret were the original tag team duo, but why would she have to be TankAnvil? Let her be Owen or Bulldog.

Or stop making her be a dude.

Or be the woman to her dude: be the Elizabeth to her Macho.

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 4, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I have no knowledge of your life except this pic, but this seems like a great/completely terrible missed opportunity to propose.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sum Mors posted:

I get that Tank and Bret were the original tag team duo, but why would she have to be Tank? Let her be Owen or Bulldog.

Or stop making her be a dude.

Or be the woman to her dude: be the Elizabeth to her Macho.

You... do know that Jim Neidhart and Tank Abbott are two different guys, right?

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Not always. No. Sometimes I get them confused.

E: purely on nicknames of course. Tank and Anvil.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Nice hair there, Tong Po.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Wait, they're remaking Kickboxer? And Dave is Tong Po? God loves us.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I forget, who' s gonna portray the kickboxer that is not Tong Po? Because it should be RVD.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

I forget, who' s gonna portray the kickboxer that is not Tong Po? Because it should be RVD.

This guy I think
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3857692/

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Grendels Dad posted:

Spoilers for their final fight.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Spoilers for their final fight.

Wait... can Batista pull off a mustache? Because I think we have a killer movie pitch on our hands.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Wait... can Batista pull off a mustache? Because I think we have a killer movie pitch on our hands.

Batista with a mustache is going to end up looking like danny Trejo so I'm all for it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I hope he's also in a remake of Bloodsport so a whole new generation can always get those two movies confused.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Require More Fire posted:

Wait, they're remaking Kickboxer? And Dave is Tong Po? God loves us.

It's a sequel because JCVD is the master in this one I think.

Unless they changed it I could have sworn this was a sequel.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Where are the goon Halloween costumes? I'm disappointed in you all.

I'm no Germ Incubator, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to be a wrestler on Halloween.

I even got a drunk dude to take a Sharpshooter on the Taco Bell floor*

*excuse the Rock-esque technique. I didn't want to hurt the guy or rip his jeans.

Oh man, if we lived closer and I wasn't laid up for medical on Halloween, I'd have done the whole Stone Cold/Bret Hart with you. Just walk around mockingly talking about your pink tights with a flashlight to move back and forth over my angry staring face

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Many thanks. He has done stunt work on a bunch of movies I like, this gives me great confidence in the movie.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Did they film this a long time ago and it's just coming out now? I swear I've seen a photo of Batista with a long dread mohawk from like 2010.

Edit: Found it, was from 2012

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 5, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He's legit the coolest oval office

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Many thanks. He has done stunt work on a bunch of movies I like, this gives me great confidence in the movie.

The whole cast of this thing is ridiculous. GSP? Gina Carano? Even if the whole movie is just them standing around it'll still rule.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Le Saboteur posted:

As a canadian voter, I'm wondering how this works? I always thought they were using my driver's license to confirm my appearance, I'd figure a mask would prevent this.

Basically, you have to show two pieces of ID and swear an oath with an elections officer that essentially says "I am who I claim that I am, and I understand that I can be subject to prosecution and imprisonment if I'm lying." It's in place to allow people who cover their faces for religious reasons (i.e., the niqab) to still be allowed to vote. That whole thing became a huge, dumb issue during the election, so I wanted to say, "Hey, look, democracy doesn't fall apart if you vote with your face obscured!"

Reeeeaaaally don't wanna start a political debate in this here wrestling thread, though, so here's me dressed as Goldust last Halloween.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

MiketheGreat posted:

Basically, you have to show two pieces of ID and swear an oath with an elections officer that essentially says "I am who I claim that I am, and I understand that I can be subject to prosecution and imprisonment if I'm lying." It's in place to allow people who cover their faces for religious reasons (i.e., the niqab) to still be allowed to vote. That whole thing became a huge, dumb issue during the election, so I wanted to say, "Hey, look, democracy doesn't fall apart if you vote with your face obscured!"

Reeeeaaaally don't wanna start a political debate in this here wrestling thread, though, so here's me dressed as Goldust last Halloween.

Now we don our gay apparel.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hobo Clown posted:

Did they film this a long time ago and it's just coming out now? I swear I've seen a photo of Batista with a long dread mohawk from like 2010.

Vitor Belfort?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Old Georgia card from 36 years ago this day.

"Sterling Golden" was Hulk Hogan, so Hogan vs. Bret occured WAY earlier than almost anyone would've imagined. I didn't know Bret was even active in the late '70s.

Also, if you edit out the Austin Idol part the Stan Hansen "Famous Lariat Hold" would be a cool avatar.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 5, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sterling golden

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
terry boulder

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

Vitor Belfort?

That's Batista

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Hobo Clown posted:

Yeah, Batista sported that look for the filming of Riddick.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MiketheGreat posted:

That's rad, I was just curious about the process you had to go through.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

"Sterling Golden" was Hulk Hogan, so Hogan vs. Bret occured WAY earlier than almost anyone would've imagined. I didn't know Bret was even active in the late '70s.

Also, if you edit out the Austin Idol part the Stan Hansen "Famous Lariat Hold" would be a cool avatar.

How is a lariat a hold

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

How is a lariat a hold

After he hits it, someone in the audience is holding the head that flew off the body.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Le Saboteur posted:

That's rad, I was just curious about the process you had to go through.

It definitely confused a few of the poll clerks, but that's to be expected, since they're largely a volunteer base. They had to triple-check their manuals to make sure of the process, but it all went pretty smoothly.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Aesop Poprock posted:

How is a lariat a hold

Hold in old wrestling parlance just meant any move and I dunno why

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Aesop Poprock posted:

How is a lariat a hold

Because legit murder is hard to adverstise

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Sionistic posted:

Because legit murder is hard to adverstise

Stan Hansen had to register his arms with the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thauros posted:

But is that the Bret Hart? Barry Horowitz wrestled under the name Bret Hart early in his career.