Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Rinkles posted:

It's succinct to the point of obscuring the actual intent.

Well it could've been worse, they could've just given you LIE, DOUBT or TRUTH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Well it could've been worse, they could've just given you LIE, DOUBT or TRUTH.

But only after changing them from other far better descriptive words for what those options entail.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

NecroMonster posted:

i'm make a tall blond lady with her hair back in a pony tail who runs around shooting energy weapons at stuff and just talking loving constantly about the baby

Replace "the baby" with "the reapers" and BOOM, mass effect 3

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Bholder posted:

But you still do!

Not really, most of the time you get 2-3 options, including the "goodbye" option.

And in those non-existent games you create a lunatic who is on a quest to save their own people while saying pre-determined lines to NPCs.

Oh you can choose witch pre-determined lines you say, that is oh so different in Fallout 4 where these pre-determined lines are voiced.

(Let us completely ignore the parts where the PC speaks without any prompt outside the dialogue screen, since it happened in the first 2 games that doesn't exist)

Actually, there's this little function that allowed you to type in keywords to ask NPCs about, in FO1 and 2. Checkmate, bitch. I choose logic.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Effectronica posted:

Actually, there's this little function that allowed you to type in keywords to ask NPCs about, in FO1 and 2. Checkmate, bitch. I choose logic.

Actually only the first game had it, and it was completely useless.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fallout 4: it's a video game, probably.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
Just imagine how bad this thread will get when everyone finds out you can't holster your weapon in F4

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Bholder posted:

Actually only the first game had it, and it was completely useless.

Doesn't matter. Under your gay-rear end rules I was technically more correct, so now I get to devastate your lips and rear end in a top hat with my powerful sexual techniques. Gonna make you SUPPORT NEWS like a pig.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Shaquin posted:

A wall of retards clamoring for the chance to wallow in the muck and slop down gruel, haughtily rebuking any who take a position that is moderately critical.

It's the bizarro version of NMA! :unsmigghh:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i love newspapers and i love fallout4

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I love this

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Finally, a true heir to the Tunnel Snakes.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

frajaq posted:

I love this

That's a cool 1440p jpg
Tunnel Snakes Rule :colbert:

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Ok ok, Fallout 4 is exactly the same dialogue-wise as the older games. Except that you don't see exactly what your character is going to say... and that it's limited to 4 options (older games had more options, but not ALL the time so it's basically the same)... and I'm stuck with a particular voice for my character.

But it's the same basically.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

fallout: other m

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

AriadneThread posted:

fallout: boy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Leinadi posted:

Ok ok, Fallout 4 is exactly the same dialogue-wise as the older games. Except that you don't see exactly what your character is going to say... and that it's limited to 4 options (older games had more options, but not ALL the time so it's basically the same)... and I'm stuck with a particular voice for my character.

:yikes:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leinadi posted:

It's the same in that, as in the other games, you have a number of different options; it's different in that the dialogue option is abstracted then spoken aloud. I can recall several times you had three or less options in FO1, 2, 3, and NV, or where it'd be the same where you'd have a couple with an option to investigate further. It sounds like you're more upset with the presentation of it than it being functionally different, since it's not. And that's okay! Maybe just buy another game if that bothers you too much.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Finally, a true heir to the Tunnel Snakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ximxe4XtU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad that they're bringing back the gently caress-awesome memes that we all loved, but with a new, more epic catte twist. Classic Bethesda.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGames posted:

can people please try and be positive. so much negativity all the time turns you into unhappy husks. not fun at all

bbb...bbbbut....but... how will people know i'm old as hell then?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

Just imagine how bad this thread will get when everyone finds out you can't holster your weapon in F4

todd howard you SON OF A BITCH

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

AriadneThread posted:

THE BABY!

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Zombies' Downfall posted:

bbb...bbbbut....but... how will people know i'm old as hell then?

regdate :shrug:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Power. Armor. Gang.

Power Armor Gang.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Tunnel Snakes rule! Atom Cats drool!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Noyemi K posted:

Replace "the baby" with "the reapers" and BOOM, mass effect 4

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Effectronica posted:

Power. Armor. Gang.

Power Armor Gang.

I know right? They sound really cool

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm gunna kill them and take their power armor

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also cats confirmed to be alive and well in F4

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Effectronica posted:

Power. Armor. Gang.

Power Armor Gang.

Power Armorgang

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Effectronica posted:

Power. Armor. Gang.

Power Armor Gang.

With awesome jackets, yes.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

I'm glad that they're bringing back the gently caress-awesome memes that we all loved, but with a new, more epic catte twist. Classic Bethesda.

New Vegas was desperately lacking Tunnel Snakes or just Greasers in general. No, the Kings were not cool enough.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Effectronica posted:

Power. Armor. Gang.

Power Armor Gang.

Have you seen how many spare suits of power armor and fusion cores there are around Boston? poo poo, Brotherhood's only here because they grow on trees apparently.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bholder posted:

New Vegas was desperately lacking Tunnel Snakes or just Greasers in general. No, the Kings were not cool enough.

You are insanely loving stupid.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

frajaq posted:

Also cats confirmed to be alive and well in F4

what the gently caress, there have never been cats in fallout

this is the last straw. im going to petition the white house to ban fallout 4

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Leinadi posted:

Except that you don't see exactly what your character is going to say..

You get to see what they say after you press the button because reading the text then having to hear it voiced is stupid and the exact reason that no story based game does that and instead lets you pick the message you deliver then have you get to watch it play out in dialog instead of letting you click a paragraph then having to watch the actor deliver the paragraph you just read.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also here's the webm of the spanish leaker sprinting from one corner of the map to the other if you want to waste 11 minutes of your life

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'm not sure if thats too long or not long enough for most practical gameplay purposes!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
eyyy baby lemme give you a piggyback ride on this sweet rig of mine down to the drive-in where we can watch movies on a torn-in-half screen

• Locked thread