Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Hellsau posted:

No idea why people had a problem with the gas cloud in Rampage mode, I would love for there to be a gas cloud that slowly kills people who are within a certain distance from where they spawned.

BECAUSE JEWS AND WEHRABOOS AND ZYKLON B

It literally has nothing to do with World of Tanks. But this is the ONLY reason it is a bad idea, because from a gameplay perspective, it's great.

Why is the T-54 so perfect? It's like everything that was great about the T-34-85 just amplified for Tier 9. I don't even want to choose between the T62A and the Obj 140....I'm satisfied. There are so few perfect tanks in this game; the T-54 should be cherished - worshiped, even - and held as a shining example of why people actually SHOULD play this game rather than just say it sucks and is a terrible waste of your life.

There is literally nothing wrong with this tank other than HEAT, and even that is just a matter of judicious application and aiming properly. Goddamn I love this tank.

Murder everything in sight? No problem, comrade.
Defend 50% of the map solo vs. 10 enemy retards? No problem, comrade.
Take any hill, hold it, and dance about on the corpses of the fascist and capitalist wasteful and worthless tier 9s? Of course; this is nightly ceremony, comrade.

So beautiful; so responsive; so perfect. It's a paragon. It almost makes me want to visit the Steppes, the vast emptiness before me, waving grasslands afield, with the machines of the Fascist before me, ripe for destruction. I'd totally be into Stalin if I got to drive this fucker. Pissing in an ammo can is a little distasteful, but I imagine that after a few weeks it's no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

stephenfry posted:

on another topic, can someone explain what JohnGalt is up to?

isn't this the second time they've tried to sell their account?

Am I right in saying they found a non-goon to send money presumably via paypal to them and sent login and pass to them, only to revert the pass via the WG account email? So essentially the JohnGalt account itself functions as bait to just fleece pubbies or to get pubbie accounts permabanned should they dare to complain to WG?
oh my

He's done with the game. He sold his account(s), then reclaimed it/them to share with random goons just because he can.

JungleBoogie posted:

So I finally uninstalled this poo poo game. Just wanted to let Atomizer or whoever is running Pansy know that they can kick Fooferton. Maybe I'll see some of you guys in armored warfare.

TIL that I had a fooferton in my clan! :monocle:

Naw, but seriously, you will be missed. :( Also, you'll be back!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You know what, wasn't the Japanese heavy line fun up to some point around tier V or VI? I just got blapped by an O-I that just :killdozer:ed through the entire map while being driven by a fairly decent player and shrugging off all kinds of poo poo. That seems fun despite being slow as rear end and huge.

The Jap HTs are good from tiers 5-7.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have around 30k free XP saved up from all these specials in the last month, so once I unlock it, I could probably free-xp everything up to the top gun and the tracks instantly.
If the T37 is only really good at strongholds, I'm not really sold on it, I'm getting a little apprehensive of really mobile tanks with paper armor since I'm not good enough to carry in them once poo poo starts going south, especially not in ones with scout matchmaking.

I recall liking the Cromwell when I went up that line on EU, but I'm kinda leaning towards the T-34-85 with decent mobility and that gun and a turret that looks like it can bounce the occasional thing when hull-down.
Looking up the gun-stats, I'm a little surprised, I thought the top gun on the 34-85 had higher dpm...hrrrrrm.

Better dpm and better application with better mobility on the Cromwell...gently caress me, I hate deciding.

Don't you have the CDC?
The Cromwell is like that at tier 6.
I have a bunch of relatively recent replays on my YT, from when I grinded up Sixth Sense on it for my FV4202.
It is one tank I never had a problem getting into tier8 battles with.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You know what, wasn't the Japanese heavy line fun up to some point around tier V or VI? I just got blapped by an O-I that just :killdozer:ed through the entire map while being driven by a fairly decent player and shrugging off all kinds of poo poo. That seems fun despite being slow as rear end and huge.

OI is worse than the KV-2 at high tiers, slightly better against low tiers. It does the same thing, but has better armor while being twice as big. The KV-2 being a very large tank already.

It also shoots HEAT instead of AP, so its HE all day every day.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So did WoT and Wargaming just have their monocle moment?

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
The o-i exp (tier 5) is ridiculous. I've got almost. 69% wr and 1400 dpg. Mobile, great gun, -10 degrees of depression, stupid alpha. I get high caliber every 5 battles on average. No armor to speak of tho!

It's got pretty high requirements to ace tho, be warned. And being in a t7 game hurts - you need gold but it still only gives you 20 more pen.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

NTRabbit posted:

So did WoT and Wargaming just have their monocle moment?

I think they did. Let's just see if they pull out of it.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
wtf is a monocle moment?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Atal Vataman posted:

wtf is a monocle moment?

The day that most people finally realised CCP was a shell of its former self.

They tried to join the RMT bandwagon with EVE Online, and their opening item was a decorative monocle for your character avatar that cost 70 real dollars. Place never really recovered, as in the wash up everyone noticed that most of the talent had been headhunted by Riot and other places, and the people left had no idea how the game got there, or where it was going. The collapse of the World of Darkness project just confirmed that EVE had been a fluke.

vv Sorry :ohdear:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 4, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

For me it's more like accepting that a missing cat probably won't be coming home. Still, maybe one day? I do want a T-22sr...

fakeedit: you changed your post so this doesn't make sense any more :livintrope:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I feel dirty. I got a mastery badge on an SPG. Please absolve me goons.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

It also shoots HEAT instead of AP, so its HE all day every day.
Not necessarily. The HE shell has less pen than the KV-2's, while the AP has 10 more. Also the AP will overmatch all kinds of poo poo due to the huge caliber. I had great success one-shotting other tier 6s with the AP shells.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Why is the T-54 so perfect? It's like everything that was great about the T-34-85 just amplified for Tier 9. I don't even want to choose between the T62A and the Obj 140....I'm satisfied. There are so few perfect tanks in this game; the T-54 should be cherished - worshiped, even - and held as a shining example of why people actually SHOULD play this game rather than just say it sucks and is a terrible waste of your life.

There is literally nothing wrong with this tank other than HEAT, and even that is just a matter of judicious application and aiming properly. Goddamn I love this tank.

Take any hill, hold it, and dance about on the corpses of the fascist and capitalist wasteful and worthless tier 9s? Of course; this is nightly ceremony, comrade.

So beautiful; so responsive; so perfect. It's a paragon. It almost makes me want to visit the Steppes, the vast emptiness before me, waving grasslands afield, with the machines of the Fascist before me, ripe for destruction. I'd totally be into Stalin if I got to drive this fucker. Pissing in an ammo can is a little distasteful, but I imagine that after a few weeks it's no big deal.

This is beautiful, Soviet medium lovin' buddy :hfive:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Nordick posted:

Not necessarily. The HE shell has less pen than the KV-2's, while the AP has 10 more. Also the AP will overmatch all kinds of poo poo due to the huge caliber. I had great success one-shotting other tier 6s with the AP shells.

The gold round for the KV-2 is AP as well, there is never any reason to fire silver AP. Ever. Unless you hate blapping targets.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

subhelios posted:

The gold round for the KV-2 is AP as well, there is never any reason to fire silver AP. Ever. Unless you hate blapping targets.

Or you're one of those fuckers I saw trying to give enemy clanmates HT-15.

Is this game still awful after a week? Yes? OK.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
No it's actually really good now.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

subhelios posted:

The gold round for the KV-2 is AP as well, there is never any reason to fire silver AP. Ever.
Except when you have no premium AP, like on the O-I, where the silver AP is perfectly serviceable.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Just met this guy. His account was created on Oct 20th 2015:

He also has a STA-2, all this prem tanks didn't fit on the page :shepspends:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Darkrenown posted:

Sort by tiers instead of battles, not like he has any regular tanks above tier 2 anyway! :v:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

8-game loss-streak in the T-54 mod 1 :greenangel:

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Still, it would be best for them to add it in too considering there is literally nothing else to do with it aside from adding another tier 10 medium somehow.

That's exactly what they did with the Object 140, what's stopping them form doing it again? The T-54 leads to two tier 10s so obviously the only thing keeping the Cent 7/1 from leading to two tier 10s is russian bias. Well, that and the fact that nobody anywhere ever would want to play that frustrating piece of poo poo for a second grind unlike the T-54, which

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I don't even want to choose between the T62A and the Obj 140....I'm satisfied. There are so few perfect tanks in this game; the T-54 should be cherished - worshiped, even - and held as a shining example of why people actually SHOULD play this game rather than just say it sucks and is a terrible waste of your life.

(choose the 140)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Counter argument, the T62A is mighty pretty looking.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

They also armored the roof on it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Just met this guy. His account was created on Oct 20th 2015:

I think this free game might be fun, better spend $500 to try it out. :shepspends:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cardiac posted:

Don't you have the CDC?
The Cromwell is like that at tier 6.
I have a bunch of relatively recent replays on my YT, from when I grinded up Sixth Sense on it for my FV4202.
It is one tank I never had a problem getting into tier8 battles with.

Yeah, I do, and it ultimately was a good choice for what I wanted it more (simply grinding cash for my lower-tier shenanigans without being as immobile as the other good cash-grinders), but 100 games in, I realized I'm just not very good at the playstyle that requires perfect situational awareness and how to use awareness with regards to where you need to be, who has a shot on you at any given time and doing all that while on the move literally every second of the game because every single artillerypiece will gun for you.
I can see why it can perform and I'm doing okay in it at around 1500 vehicle WN8, but I cannot, for the life of me, dig me out of a lovely WN8 because of how little I can carry. I kinda wish I'd gotten the KV-5 the last time it was on sale, even though it makes less net credits.

Can you link your YouTube channel?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Nordick posted:

Except when you have no premium AP, like on the O-I, where the silver AP is perfectly serviceable.

I get that. You were, however, comparing the O-I's silver AP to the KV-2's silver AP, when no responsible KV-2 driver would be firing silver AP at any point anyway.

O-I has a big hitpoint pool and decent armor (apparently?) but it manages to be even slower and bigger than the KV-2, with worse gun handling, longer reload and a less good gold round.
The only time this really seems to matter is when you have a KV-2 and an O-I fighting each other, where the edge is going to be with the O-I at the distances I typically seem to engage them at. In any case they are both pretty good at smashing poo poo so whichever seems to do it for you I guess.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I'm having trouble picking skills for my AMX CDC crew. It seems like it would benefit from camo across the board, but you could also justify so many other skills. Any suggestions?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

frood posted:

That's exactly what they did with the Object 140, what's stopping them form doing it again? The T-54 leads to two tier 10s so obviously the only thing keeping the Cent 7/1 from leading to two tier 10s is russian bias. Well, that and the fact that nobody anywhere ever would want to play that frustrating piece of poo poo for a second grind unlike the T-54, which

(choose the 140)

Cent 7 is great though, sorry you're bad. It even has a basket to carry your team in.

There are only two bad t9 mediums, at least vafter the lorraine buff: the PTA and the Type 61.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I'm having trouble picking skills for my AMX CDC crew. It seems like it would benefit from camo across the board, but you could also justify so many other skills. Any suggestions?

It has a camo rating of a planetoid so don't bother with it until 3rd or 4th skills. Get repairs first, then smooth ride/snapshot and safe stowage on your loaded (your ammo rack will get damaged A LOT), then think about going for camo or, if you can afford it, retraining to BiA.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

frood posted:

That's exactly what they did with the Object 140, what's stopping them form doing it again?
Wishful thinking that WG will pick the good game design option over the lazy one.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I don't like the CDC cause when I drive it I feel like I have to behave like a schizophrenia pyscho always having to be looking everywhere just to make sure I don't get in a spot for Arty to one shot me.

I prefer to be super aggressive and yolo all day.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Gervasius posted:

It has a camo rating of a planetoid so don't bother with it until 3rd or 4th skills. Get repairs first, then smooth ride/snapshot and safe stowage on your loaded (your ammo rack will get damaged A LOT), then think about going for camo or, if you can afford it, retraining to BiA.

Even with Safe Stowage, almost every loving shot breaks your ammo rack, I've never seen anything like it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Even with Safe Stowage, almost every loving shot breaks your ammo rack, I've never seen anything like it.

Welcome to ammo racks behind the front drivewheel! Same thing on the FCM and E4.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Atal Vataman posted:

wtf is a monocle moment?

they made a spectacle of themselves?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, I do, and it ultimately was a good choice for what I wanted it more (simply grinding cash for my lower-tier shenanigans without being as immobile as the other good cash-grinders), but 100 games in, I realized I'm just not very good at the playstyle that requires perfect situational awareness and how to use awareness with regards to where you need to be, who has a shot on you at any given time and doing all that while on the move literally every second of the game because every single artillerypiece will gun for you.
I can see why it can perform and I'm doing okay in it at around 1500 vehicle WN8, but I cannot, for the life of me, dig me out of a lovely WN8 because of how little I can carry. I kinda wish I'd gotten the KV-5 the last time it was on sale, even though it makes less net credits.

Can you link your YouTube channel?

I have posted clips before, but here is some shameless selfpromotion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd8mZWo6bbY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtXgWcP9uzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFHG_aHRNyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDHPIKMYg48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8HxFS2peyA
In the end I was pretty close to the 3rd MOE, but I couldn't be bothered after after I grinded out Sixth Sense.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Need to block wargaming on facebook... think I friended them for a promotional thing or something.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Never follow English language Wargaming anything. The Russian twitter is at leat kind of funny sometimes, but mostly because Russians do things like write "I'm a 45%er" on other people's cars.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Yeonik posted:

The o-i exp (tier 5) is ridiculous. I've got almost. 69% wr and 1400 dpg. Mobile, great gun, -10 degrees of depression, stupid alpha. I get high caliber every 5 battles on average. No armor to speak of tho!

It's got pretty high requirements to ace tho, be warned. And being in a t7 game hurts - you need gold but it still only gives you 20 more pen.

I hadn't played for awhile and I figured I'd play some tier 5 heavies to knock out some easy missions. I kept running into O-I Exp's that just wrecked me. I didn't know they had gun that did 300 damage and had really good pen for its tier.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

CitizenKain posted:

I hadn't played for awhile and I figured I'd play some tier 5 heavies to knock out some easy missions. I kept running into O-I Exp's that just wrecked me. I didn't know they had gun that did 300 damage and had really good pen for its tier.

They are really tough, and I've found (especially if they've got the derp gun) they can negate all the advantages the KV-220 and Churchill III have (armor and rapid-firing guns) as long as they can find cover.

However, what has been said in a lot of reviews that I agree with is they are tricky to review because they are stupid good at top tier but struggle more as lower tier tanks compared to their peers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Desuwa posted:

Cent 7 is great though, sorry you're bad. It even has a basket to carry your team in.

There are only two bad t9 mediums, at least vafter the lorraine buff: the PTA and the Type 61.

Uh, the Type 61's armor is just as dependable as the Cent 7/1's, it reloads 2 seconds faster, and ti gets an actual gold round. I don't understand how you can like one and not the other. The Type 61 was totally workable (though the tumor is annoying), the Cent is not. Those extra 2 seconds are a lifetime. Cent 7/1 is trash.