Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think the novels are straight-up titled "DRRR!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I like me some power-ups and fight mans/womans (Dragon Ball, Kill la Kill), will I enjoy One Piece (dub)?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Farecoal posted:

I like me some power-ups and fight mans/womans (Dragon Ball, Kill la Kill), will I enjoy One Piece (dub)?

Assuming you mean the Funimation dub, probably, but I should warn you that the anime's pacing gets really awful starting around the Impel Down arc; you'll probably want to switch to the manga at that point. Personally, I prefer the manga version from chapter 1.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Pavlov posted:

I just realized durarararara is the japanese pronunciation for durrrrr

They named their anime durrrrr

I'm pretty sure he pulled it out of his rear end, like he did Baccano.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Silver2195 posted:

Assuming you mean the Funimation dub, probably, but I should warn you that the anime's pacing gets really awful starting around the Impel Down arc; you'll probably want to switch to the manga at that point. Personally, I prefer the manga version from chapter 1.

Apparently that's 430 episodes in so I'm fine with that. I'm not enough of a nerd (:rolleye:) to spend money on some sort of weird book anime

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Hunter x Hunter and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are both prime picks if dudes fighting other dudes (and dudettes) is your thing.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

ViggyNash posted:

I'm pretty sure he pulled it out of his rear end, like he did Baccano.

Is baccano not a japanese word? I usually just assume anime names are japanese words.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Is baccano not a japanese word? I usually just assume anime names are japanese words.

It's italian. I don't think any japanese words have a double c

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Right, it'd be double k wouldn't it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hunter x Hunter

If you hadn't specified, I would have just assumed you were shipping two dudes named Hunter.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
For some people that's pretty much what the series ends up entailing anyway.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Bad Seafood posted:

Hunter x Hunter and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are both prime picks if dudes fighting other dudes (and dudettes) is your thing.

true, but do they have pirates?? i think not

(thanks)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Saint Seiya is straight up nothing except dudes fighting other dudes for ~140 episodes. It's great.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
an anime called the Seven Sins got added to netflix, is it any good?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Isn't that the shounen thing that started airing earlier this year? Exiled princess goes around looking for the 7 deadly sins, which is just a group of badasses?

If it's that, I remember enjoying the first few episodes despite the boob-grabbing comedy, but I didn't watch past that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ViggyNash posted:

Isn't that the shounen thing that started airing earlier this year? Exiled princess goes around looking for the 7 deadly sins, which is just a group of badasses?

If it's that, I remember enjoying the first few episodes despite the boob-grabbing comedy, but I didn't watch past that.

I watched a trailer and it seemed pretty generic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The protagonist's generic but the supporting cast is cool, especially the pig

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

I watched a trailer and it seemed pretty generic.

I guess, but what I watched of it was pretty fun.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is Guilty Crown any good? Caught a preview for it at the start of the second Blu-Ray of Michiko and Hatcin and it looked okay.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hell, one could make a case for Ban being the true MC

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is Guilty Crown any good? Caught a preview for it at the start of the second Blu-Ray of Michiko and Hatcin and it looked okay.

It's the worst kind of bad, the boring kind.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be honest, It's only good as fodder for music videos because there's some neat action animation and nice BGM. Otherwise...I wouldn't really recommend it for any reason. In fact, I'd probably suggest staying away. Among other problems, which would take too long to list, the main character and his love interest alternated between uninteresting and annoying.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because for some reason kissmanga stopped sending out new chapter notifications for everything, I've been checking the recently-updated bar for series I read on the regular. Some of the other series listed there have absolutely amazing plot summaries attached to them.

quote:

Ryuma no Gagou - In a world where humanity has turned into prey against the so called "white skin" creatures, one legendary figure known simply as "Ryuma" continues to give hope to this post-apocalyptic society. This individual has many faces and descriptions, but his/her legend has lived continuously in the hearts and minds of the people for half a century. No one knows where this legend started or who started it. Here starts a chronicle to unveil the mysteries of a legend.

quote:

Yuri na Watashi to Akuma na Kanojo - As a child, Yashiro Nonoyama developed an intense fear of men due to boys constantly bullying her. Now in high school, she dreams of being reunited with her first love: a girl who protected her one day from her bullies. Yashiro is in disbelief when a transfer student named Mikoto Saionji arrives who looks a lot like her first love, but she later discovers that Mikoto is actually a guy, and that he was her first love. Yashiro learns that Mikoto is rapidly turning into a girl, and the only way to counteract this change is for them to passionately make out with each other every day.

I don't know anything about these series but these descriptions are something else.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Sounds good.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Someone should have just told the Ryuma people to play a bunch of loud ethnic music. Proven method to scare off white people.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i watched four first episodes today. ping pong was so-so, felt oddly restrained considering who is behind it. amagi brilliant park was also so-so, i think i need to give it another episode. tiger and bunny was pretty cool and i'll watch more of it but the overuse of CG is distracting. steins;gate is real cool cause the characters are loving idiots

e: watched moribito ep 1 and it's not bad, interesting protagonist

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 2, 2015

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i just got a lot of weed and i'm gonna get super stoned tonight, what's the best anime to watch stoned?

please no anime with chars that say uguu~ (unless it's by go nagai)

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Tatami Galaxy will seem pretty profound.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

i watched four first episodes today. ping pong was so-so, felt oddly restrained considering who is behind it. amagi brilliant park was also so-so, i think i need to give it another episode. tiger and bunny was pretty cool and i'll watch more of it but the overuse of CG is distracting. steins;gate is real cool cause the characters are loving idiots

e: watched moribito ep 1 and it's not bad, interesting protagonist

Ping Pongs a pretty slow burn but is also a very straight adaption so it doesnt get as wild as yuasa can be with his original stuff.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Condiv posted:

i just got a lot of weed and i'm gonna get super stoned tonight, what's the best anime to watch stoned?

Shove the weed up your rear end

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chas McGill posted:

What the heck it's already a v profound show!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Chas McGill posted:

already seen it :(

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Shove the weed up your rear end

rude

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

Try one of these http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/top-10-philosophical-anime-recommendations/

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i think I'll try gis: innocence, it's one of the few from that list I haven't already seen. thought about mardock scramble, but it looks way way way too heavy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ViggyNash posted:

I guess, but what I watched of it was pretty fun.

Alright I'll take a look.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The protagonist's generic but the supporting cast is cool, especially the pig

the pig is a strong selling point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Finished pluto.

The world setting was fantastic and about 2/3 of it was really engaging but I feel like it pulled a death note where the best character dies and it's all downhill from there. Gesicht was by far the most interesting character of the series and funny enough the titular character was one of the least interesting. I assume this was some sort of pseudo remake of astro boy but everything about atom's super robot-style revival felt hokey and a bit out of place. The ending was like all the other works by urasawa I've read(monster, 20th century boys) where they excel at beginnings and middles but flounder at the finish line.

A decent series overall, a lot of enjoyable and creative writing choices, but not really a work of art.

The stay puft marshmallow man being the world-ending superweapon was hilarious though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's a work of art.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It is Literally a Work of Art. Being perfect is not a prerequisite of being art.

(Pluto is basically perfect though)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I finally watched the first two episodes of K-on and liked it. I blame you Namtab.

But seriously, it's a good show despite Yui being the blobbiest of moeblobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ViggyNash posted:

I finally watched the first two episodes of K-on and liked it. I blame you Namtab.

But seriously, it's a good show despite Yui being the blobbiest of moeblobs.

How do you feel about Mio