Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Trebuchet King posted:

It'd be, if anything different, Chronomantrix.

Chronomantrice

Chronoman

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
My revenant.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mizuti posted:

My revenant.

No blindfold or red dye? That's more like it.

Maybe I'm just a contrarian though, after all the talk about Reapers I finally made a necromancer and I made her a charr magical girl anime named Princess Deathkill. Her main dye is Electro Pink :colbert:

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

Quorum posted:

So I was asked what I'm currently running on my ratpeople minion-master reaper, so here it is:

Thank you very much for the rundown! I've been trying to create some sort of hybrid but it seems going balls-deep can really pay off!

Sair
May 11, 2007

This is accurate to my experience.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

triggered.jpg

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

got chronomancer unlocked, full set of superior chronomancer runes on my armor, and goddamn is it great. I like berserker but chronomancer just feels so powerful.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Kenshin posted:

got chronomancer unlocked, full set of superior chronomancer runes on my armor, and goddamn is it great. I like berserker but chronomancer just feels so powerful.

oooooo looks like a GW1 mesmer :prepop:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Anybody else having issues with randomly losing their stacks of Flesh of the Master as Necro? I keep noticing it in the HoT zones and they don't come back until I resummon the minions.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Graphical bugged dragonhunter wings are loving huge.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

String Beans posted:

I look like the fuckin god of the arena I am

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 4, 2015

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

String Beans posted:

This is not diablo. I don't like HoTwings :smith:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

You are confusing Cletus with me buddy.
Oh drat I am terribly sorry. I get confused with people's names :(

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Since we're all posting pictures again, here are some new and improved characters thanks to the armour pieces from the elite specs.

PvE Revenant. Note that I haven't finished the stupid mistward blindfold yet because chak gerents are jerks:

WvW Revenant. I like tablets and bees. Enameled Emblaze remains the best dye ever:

My chronomancer which you've probably seen porting you around or dropping alacrity on you during hero point trains if you've done them the last few days:

And finally my dragonhunter without the hat. Still looks like coleslaw and still has the crazy eye going on. The only one of my characters which actually plays a voice clip to say hello to me when I log into the game which is weirding me out a bit:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Mercurius posted:

WvW Revenant. I like tablets and bees. Enameled Emblaze remains the best dye ever:

FYI you disgust this guy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

thankfully the dragonhunter gauntlets went well with my charr pitfighter outfit

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Looks like the Warden chest is a popular look for femsalad revs. Once I get mine to 80 and princess her I shall join this exclusive club too. :v

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone been in an instance that's managed to CC the wyvern before it flies off?

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Alteisen posted:

Has anyone been in an instance that's managed to CC the wyvern before it flies off?

I have. They die pretty quickly if people can keep doing it.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Alteisen posted:

Yeah, you just need to start pointing it out to people before the fight, and it also helps if you say something in local chat when the breakbar pops up.

I was just in a VB map that made a concentrated effort to push the nighttime and daytime events to t4/maximum security. It was a shitton of fun organizing everything and having commanders pop up in all the right places. We maxed every outpost, upgraded pretty much all camps and rally points, had a lot of fun doing all this, and were rewarded with the Bladed Armor Box :smug: Now it's time to see whether the other maps are also this much fun. I really like Verdant Brink, the events are awesome and I think the challenge level is just right for loosely organized maps with a commander or two who knows what they're doing.

Also the Wyvern Patriarch fight where you glide around and bomb him from the sky was fantastic.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Alteisen posted:

Yes, but you gotta be fast. Sometimes the Wyvern flies off even when you remove the CC bar if you're slow :(

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Hey goons, due to some scheduling requests, tonight's VB/AB HP train will take place an hour and a half after reset, at 8:30 PM EST/5:30 PM PST.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I reinstalled this a few days before Heart of Thorns launched after probably two years away and man, it's really sucked me back in. I'd forgotten how hard it is to just play for a few minutes, it's so compelling and fun to play, though that might have contributed to my burning out way back when (the Living Story poo poo didn't help.) It's nice that I've remembered so much about the game, even with it having changed so dramatically. Did they smooth out the XP curve? I feel like I'm leveling at a steadier pace through the mid-30's than I ever did before. Also, are Revenants fun? ?They seem like they're pretty cool but I don't have a sense of them from seeing them in the wild.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

rantmo posted:

Also, are Revenants fun? ?They seem like they're pretty cool but I don't have a sense of them from seeing them in the wild.

Revenant is good but their best PvE build is pretty lackluster in terms of gameplay. I feel hard pressed to play mine even though it's still shiny and new.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Auric Basin is a cool and fun zone. I like it a lot more than Verdant Brink.

I'm gonna hate Tangled Depths, aren't I?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Harrow posted:

I'm gonna hate Tangled Depths, aren't I?

Yeah, that place is horrible.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules
I redownloaded the game after a friend picked it up and figured I'd transfer over to her server, but her server is full and mine is full. So is our only option to play together one of us deletes all our characters and then selects a new world?

If I do this, will I lose all my unlocked wardrobe stuff, account gold and things in my bank? If my intended destination server is full does that mean I won't be able to select it?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Operation Juicebox posted:

I redownloaded the game after a friend picked it up and figured I'd transfer over to her server, but her server is full and mine is full. So is our only option to play together one of us deletes all our characters and then selects a new world?

If I do this, will I lose all my unlocked wardrobe stuff, account gold and things in my bank? If my intended destination server is full does that mean I won't be able to select it?

Server only matters for WvW. If you're not doing that, then just add her to your friend list, and you can just right click her name to invite / join each other.

I don't know the answer to your other questions.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Is there anything attractive in the Tyria masteries other than auto-loot? I got the impression that it was fairly lackluster if you weren't interested in fractals or getting a precursor.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I wish mastery exp automatically started going to the next level after you max it out. Annoying to forget to level it up and not realize it till you have done like 5 events.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The mentor tag is handy as poor man's commander tag.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've noticed a pretty good amount of sylvari-specific lines in the HoT story, which is kind of cool. I'm sure there are no actual different events, but it does make me want to do it again as a not-sylvari just to see what lines are different. I kind of liked that one random Pact soldier in Verdant Brink who's indignant that the sylvari player character gets to keep the Commander rank and then your character tells her off.

(Have any roleplayers gotten pissy on the forums that ~*~their character~*~ doesn't act like they'd play them in the story?)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Harrow posted:

I've noticed a pretty good amount of sylvari-specific lines in the HoT story, which is kind of cool. I'm sure there are no actual different events, but it does make me want to do it again as a not-sylvari just to see what lines are different. I kind of liked that one random Pact soldier in Verdant Brink who's indignant that the sylvari player character gets to keep the Commander rank and then your character tells her off.

(Have any roleplayers gotten pissy on the forums that ~*~their character~*~ doesn't act like they'd play them in the story?)

I'm not exactly a roleplayer, but my character isn't as tough towards my "guild" than I would be. I mean Marjory, I'm sure your love troubles are very riveting, but I'm in a middle of a drat mission here, can't this wait?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Mizuti posted:

My revenant.

Pardon my ignorance since I haven't touched GW2 since launch, but how did you get your Charr a real hairstyle instead of a mane?

I'm thinking of picking up this game again since an RL buddy is about to reroll in it. It sounds like Heart of Thorns finally has some PvE endgame stuff, which was the reason I left in the first place. Not exactly looking for traditional MMO hamster wheel progression - it just felt like there was nothing to do after 100%ing the map.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

Pardon my ignorance since I haven't touched GW2 since launch, but how did you get your Charr a real hairstyle instead of a mane?

The hair style kit sold in the gemstore has all kinds of exclusive hairstyles and colors. The total modification kit has exclusive faces too.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Rakeris posted:

I wish mastery exp automatically started going to the next level after you max it out. Annoying to forget to level it up and not realize it till you have done like 5 events.

It puts any extra XP into a random mastery path.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Harrow posted:

I've noticed a pretty good amount of sylvari-specific lines in the HoT story, which is kind of cool. I'm sure there are no actual different events, but it does make me want to do it again as a not-sylvari just to see what lines are different.

During the turret path in Torn from the Sky there's a sylvari that goes crazy unless you have a sylvari with you. If you do you're able to calm him down and you get an achievement.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Azazell0 posted:

The hair style kit sold in the gemstore has all kinds of exclusive hairstyles and colors. The total modification kit has exclusive faces too.

Ohh I see, thanks for the explanation. gently caress, I'm going to go from casually messing around in this game for free to giving them all my money for the expansion, new faces, new hair... :smith:

What does the PvE endgame largely consist of these days, though? I know its a question that has been asked and answered in varying degrees since forever, but it sounds like Heart of Thorns now has raids. What reason is there to keep playing for a strict PvEer if they 100%ed the map and have completed their personal story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Endgame is whatever you want it to be. *strokes beard sagely*

• Locked thread