Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think it would be mostly annoying if you can't see how the block is going to affect the other 3 angles when you place it.

A 3d camera might make it better, but then you lose the tetris feel.

e: Or is that button in the middle for changing the angle? I was thinking it just changed every time you placed a block...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awu-9COiqGI

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cardboard Box A posted:

We already know what the GOTY.cx 2015 will be

Fffffffffuck this. I guess the game is called "Devil's Third" but... that's barely a guesstimate. Tell me it's actually Bivlls, and I'll be like... "ok, sure".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

That's a thing of nightmares

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
i still haven't finished devil's first or second, will i be able to keep up with the plot in the new one?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Fun Times! posted:

Haha I love how when the video starts Lara goes from clutching her ribs and stumbling over to jumping up and pulling herself all over the cliffside with no problem at all.

I am super excited for that game after seeing bits and pieces of that stream (2 hours is a bit much for lara croft0). It is dumbit isnt going to be on the PC right away but drat is it going to look nice and seems super fun.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Drifter posted:

Would this be fun to play, or just annoying?

Confirmed for the Masters of the Round secret credit roll.

As for Konami, :shittydog: - it's a complex, slow-motion trainwreck.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Agnostalgia posted:

i still haven't finished devil's first or second, will i be able to keep up with the plot in the new one?
They recap all the backstory of the previous games, including why there's a Japanese guy with sick glowy kanji tats and a Russian name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgzHQs-QrVw

But you don't need to know any of this to play the F2P multiplayer mode on PC!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Butcher posted:

Sure are a lot of loving numbers attached to those titles.

Gaming is going Hollywood style.

Or... Has it always been this way? :v:
Games are the like only medium where sequels tend to be better, because of improvements to gameplay and all that.

But another reason for my list for me is that they are a good number of non-franchise games I'm interested in, but they're kind of unproven so I'm keeping my hopes on the level.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 4, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You think Konami still cares about MGS :allears:.
Less about caring about the game itself and more about at least caring about selling funbux. Can't sell funbux if you don't have a team making dumb items to buy with said funbux.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Penumbra: Black Plague will remain the best of all the Amnesias and Somas and Outlasts. But it was never actually finished, you know? Well at least we'll have Penumbra mods for Amnesia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTylEzjMrLg

“Total Conversion (mod) for the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Penumbra: Necrologue is a continuation of the Penumbra series made by Frictional Games. The game starts right where the last game in the series ended (Penumbra: Requiem). In our game you will see new objects, quests, textures, monsters and music. With the help of the latest HPL engine, this mod will be even more beautiful then the previous games. As huge fans of the original games, we kept the atmosphere exactly like the previous parts. The game is very story-driven and contains many objects that can be interacted with, along with clever puzzle designs.”

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Croccers posted:

Less about caring about the game itself and more about at least caring about selling funbux. Can't sell funbux if you don't have a team making dumb items to buy with said funbux.

The majority of the Funbuxs sold in a given game are at their highest in the first couple weeks. Typical players tend to make their purchases in the first day or two, with a pretty steep fall off after that. There are exceptions, and certainly some F2P/microtransaction stuff has payed very well over the long term, but that is not the typical case.

Also, Konami can make just as many realbucks, with games that do not require massive servers, support, or significant maintenance costs. MGSV is the last project produced by the old AAA game developer Konami. New Konami doesn't have the same aspirations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well, I'm back with another tale of New Vegas....my PC installed updates and rebooted overnight...and now the game works. No idea what changed, but the launcher is up right now, gonna try actually playing and see how that goes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
God, I don't know what it is with that dumb loving engine. Could barely play FO3 so I play New Vegas, which runs like a charm with like 2 crashes in all my playtime.
Now I change laptops, and suddenly New Vegas refuses to work properly or even launch but 3 is perfectly fine with working (at which point I realize I really hate green).
And now 4 looks loving hilarious with all its leaks.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Underwhelmed posted:

The majority of the Funbuxs sold in a given game are at their highest in the first couple weeks. Typical players tend to make their purchases in the first day or two, with a pretty steep fall off after that. There are exceptions, and certainly some F2P/microtransaction stuff has payed very well over the long term, but that is not the typical case.

Also, Konami can make just as many realbucks, with games that do not require massive servers, support, or significant maintenance costs. MGSV is the last project produced by the old AAA game developer Konami. New Konami doesn't have the same aspirations.
Rockstar seem to have a good handle on how to milk out the funbux.
They're just barely trickling out content and charging an inflated buttload of money for the stuff, but loooook you can buy a cashcard and fix aallll of thaaaat~

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

ビッグブーブ

could you not at least go for 爆乳 or 巨乳?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ookiimarukochan posted:

could you not at least go for 爆乳 or 巨乳?

I guess that's part of the joke.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
http://kotaku.com/the-curse-of-kiseki-how-one-of-japans-biggest-rpgs-bar-1740055631

Well, poo poo. I know what I'm playing next.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Grapplejack posted:

Wait, does that mean we aren't getting MGO for PC? :(

Yeah, but it makes guessing at the Establishment Pick pretty easy!

If you actually think MGO is going to be good on the PC after all of this has happened, you sweet summer child.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

HGH posted:

It does look kinda lol levels of bad.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

HGH posted:

God, I don't know what it is with that dumb loving engine. Could barely play FO3 so I play New Vegas, which runs like a charm with like 2 crashes in all my playtime.
Now I change laptops, and suddenly New Vegas refuses to work properly or even launch but 3 is perfectly fine with working (at which point I realize I really hate green).

What leaks are you talking about regarding Fallout 4? Memory leaks? Or plot leaks?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Drifter posted:

What leaks are you talking about regarding Fallout 4? Memory leaks? Or plot leaks?

It was a pretty big thing over the past couple days that shitloads of footage and pictures have been leaking. I'll give them this, at least FO4 looks like it actually has colors this time. Also stuff like all the perks and poo poo. the UI for perks or whatever where it's like a shelf of gifs that you level up looks insanely bad in particular.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Everyone, please get Trails in the Sky SC. It's a really great game that a lot of blood and sweat went into.

Drifter posted:

Neither really, just pictures and videos, which Bethesda are trying to do their best to quash. The notorious one that gets taken down a lot is "I can run across the entire Fallout 4 map in 11 minutes".
A lot of the pictures are just people's faces and necks freaking out and contorting like crazy, and it's mostly been about graphics, but there's a lot of "They dumbed down the gameplay it's bad now" articles out there too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Neither really, just pictures and videos, which Bethesda are trying to do their best to quash. The notorious one that gets taken down a lot is "I can run across the entire Fallout 4 map in 11 minutes".
A lot of the pictures are just people's faces and necks freaking out and contorting like crazy, and it's mostly been about graphics, but there's a lot of "They dumbed down the gameplay it's bad now" articles out there too.

What does "dumbing down" even mean since FO3 was already dead simple. Is it just the removal of the skill system which Bethesda didn't use well anyway?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Screw how good it looks.
Screw how well it plays.

The best part of playing an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game is how hilarious loving broken everything is.
I for one hope it's broken as poo poo so I can laugh and have a good time.

Anyone expecting a perfect game is an idiot :colbert:

Valkrye
Aug 11, 2008
So my buddy moved to Japan and recently purchased his first game in that region, Fallout 4.
His steam page showed that the game would unlock on the 10th as he expected but when he checked today it shows it will unlock on the 16th of December. I think that's because his region officially changed to Japan when he made his first purchase in the country and for some reason the japanese version unlocks later.

Now he doesn't know what he should do as he doesn't want to wait over a month to play the game when it showed it would release on the 10th.

If he cancelled his pre-order and then I gifted him the game from my region would he be able to play it on the 10th? If that doesn't work would he be able to use a VPN to unlock the game early, I remember doing that for Deus Ex a while back but not really sure if it still works.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Valkrye posted:

So my buddy moved to Japan and recently purchased his first game in that region, Fallout 4.
His steam page showed that the game would unlock on the 10th as he expected but when he checked today it shows it will unlock on the 16th of December. I think that's because his region officially changed to Japan when he made his first purchase in the country and for some reason the japanese version unlocks later.

Now he doesn't know what he should do as he doesn't want to wait over a month to play the game when it showed it would release on the 10th.

If he cancelled his pre-order and then I gifted him the game from my region would he be able to play it on the 10th? If that doesn't work would he be able to use a VPN to unlock the game early, I remember doing that for Deus Ex a while back but not really sure if it still works.

The VPN unlocking works but he will probably need to go to offline mode on steam or the game will lock again.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJtSx0_VlQ

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Andrast posted:

What does "dumbing down" even mean since FO3 was already dead simple. Is it just the removal of the skill system which Bethesda didn't use well anyway?
Basically, along with the dialogue wheel being only 4 choices/more Biowarish as some describe it.
There's also this big collection of posts:

quote:

Was super hyped for this game. Then I witnessed that bethesda had "streamlined" the dialogue.

--
Here: http://i.imgur.com/mxsaKEU.jpg
--

Wait what? Ok, I guess having a more linear play-through isn't that bad considering the content we're getting. Right?

Then I learned the mapsize is actually not that much bigger than Fallout.

--
Here: http://i.imgur.com/apr4a1F.jpg
--

Users with the game early are reporting you can walk the entire map in 11 minutes. With information that apparently the season pass/DLC will "make it bigger"

--
Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3rhjpr/you_can_walk_across_fallout_4_map_in_11_minutes/
--

Graphical fuckups: 21:9 isn't supported out of the box (maybe patched in future?). FPS during V.A.T.S is arbitrarily locked to 30 frames per second ( porting leftovers from console? )
The rest is mostly "They made the PC version worse just for console catering!" but that's just the usual dumb complaining.

Infinitum posted:

Screw how good it looks.
Screw how well it plays.

The best part of playing an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game is how hilarious loving broken everything is.

This person is right. And no worries, it should be so if the above quote is right. I expect many gifs and 30 seconds videos.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7trmEmI5Js

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Last time you got a broken-as-poo poo game you were screaming for a refund.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Basically, along with the dialogue wheel being only 4 choices/more Biowarish as some describe it.
There's also this big collection of posts:

The rest is mostly "They made the PC version worse just for console catering!" but that's just the usual dumb complaining.

This person is right. And no worries, it should be so if the above quote is right. I expect many gifs and 30 seconds videos.

I for one can't wait to see how big of a trainwreck a voiced Bethesda protagonist is going to be. The MC voice acting I've heard so far is really terrible.

The Kins posted:

Bethesda games tend to be broken in funny ways (while also often being broken in the normal terrible sense).

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 4, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

HGH posted:

How many loving people actually have 21:9 monitors?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I have to agree - goofy glitches make a game incredibly memorable. The giant space slam in Skyrim (among many others), swingset launcher in GTA4, "SHAUN!!!" from Heavy Rain, every single thing in the SKATE games, etc. If I was a developer I'd strive to have a game that isn't perfect. You are always going to have bugs, so make them be awesome.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

The Kins posted:

Betheseda games dont' have FPS dropping or Video Card errors last time I checked. :v:

Does Arkham Knight have funny glitches?

No. :colbert:

edit: Pardon my ignorance. The giant sending your rear end flying in the air 100 miles up is a bug? I call that a feature!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Croccers posted:

How many loving people actually have 21:9 monitors?

2 10.5:9 monitors side by side? :shobon:

Ragequit posted:

I have to agree - goofy glitches make a game incredibly memorable. The giant space slam in Skyrim (among many others), swingset launcher in GTA4, "SHAUN!!!" from Heavy Rain, every single thing in the SKATE games, etc. If I was a developer I'd strive to have a game that isn't perfect. You are always going to have bugs, so make them be awesome.

And yet people find Goat Simulator stupid (last time I remember it being brought up). :colbert:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Screw how good it looks.
Screw how well it plays.

Same and don't worry, it's a Bethesda game. It will be comically broken for years.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Same and don't worry, it's a Bethesda game. It will be comically broken for years.

it's a Bethesda game. It will be comically broken for years forever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Kins posted:

Yeah except Arkham Knight is a crashy lag-filled mess, and you know drat well what I was talking about.

A broken Bethesda game works perfectly, but is basically just a mess of zany physics and wacky model freakouts. Can I launch Dogmeat into sub-orbit? I don't know, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll try like hell to make it happen (While he's on fire)

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
The bugs in Bethesda games are good.

It's all the other, working-as-intented stuff in Bethesda games that is not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I look forward to two things right off the bat.

1: That the VATS 30 FPS thing causes insane amounts of bugs from the game flipping framerate so suddenly during gameplay.
2: That VATS being 30 FPS causes Toiletbiscuit and friends to scream as loud as Krakatoa going off.

• Locked thread