Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

Kiryen posted:

He actually posted a lengthy whine on TMC about it which revealed that Elo basically hated the work involved in holding and defending sov and by extension that he didn't get that someone ELSE had to hold sov for him to have fun attacking it.

One of the comments on the article summed it up: "Noted sandcastle kicker: Sandcastles are Cancer!!"

he was already pretty much inactive before BL took fountain already anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So back after two and a half years and man this is a lot more fun. I made a new character to learn stuff fresh having a blast using probes to find events I can hardly do and sending drones to murder rats. I am wondering though, how viable is it to use drones as my main stay while using my other slots for salvaging, hacking, relics, and probes? I like finding hidden stuff and sneaking about.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

:eyepop:

what a deal.

what if i just bring a griffin or something and never kill him, is this allowed?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

orange juche posted:

holy poo poo are you really mentally ill irl

Which reminds me, what happened to your samus AV?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Otacon posted:

let's be honest, most of us here play eve

Who are you kidding?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Citizen Rat posted:

I kinda want the story to be this unending stream of gently caress-ups and idiocy on both sides with like a small crew of competent people going "why is this my life" at the center of just insane stupidity with lots of capitols and explosions involved.

That's essentially exactly how it went down. I'm not sure how much of the specifics were shared outside of director channels, but at one point we came within 1 click of losing 4-EP, and with it our staging point in Fountain.

As it turned out we were slightly less incompetent than TEST, who saved the day via a massive gently caress-up.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Can we add a bonus level to the kickstarter where the author gets a SA account, archives access, and a link to the EVE thread of the time, and then has to read it.

(Or could someone just tell me how to search for the correct thread, and I can email all my posts in it to him). I remember being there at the end, in a frigate, dodging around Titans and Dreadnoughts while ships exploded in all sides. And I think being on a Titan kill mail near the start. That's about it :( I remember the BoB war and the Fall of Delve with much greater clarity.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Comstar posted:

Can we add a bonus level to the kickstarter where the author gets a SA account, archives access, and a link to the EVE thread of the time, and then has to read it.

(Or could someone just tell me how to search for the correct thread, and I can email all my posts in it to him). I remember being there at the end, in a frigate, dodging around Titans and Dreadnoughts while ships exploded in all sides. And I think being on a Titan kill mail near the start. That's about it :( I remember the BoB war and the Fall of Delve with much greater clarity.

I think you're looking for the 10k pledge.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

Which reminds me, what happened to your samus AV?

I replaced it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Frozenpussy posted:

I think you're looking for the 10k pledge.

10k pledge is watch Gevlon shave Mittens goatee on twitch.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone remember my posts about getting hosed over by a weird bug while doing a chain of COSMOS missions? Probably not, but I'll tell my tale anyway.

CCP hasn't answered my question about this yet and my bug report entered a dark void never to return, so I finally went ahead and tried the complex I died in again. Luckily there are a lot of weirdos filling up contracts with items like the key I needed to enter the complex again, or this wouldn't have worked. (I don't even know how this works, are people just making alts to collect those keys? You can only get one per character, after all.) This time I planned on just wasting every single rat instead of trying to run around them, which did work out a lot better.

This way I also learned the COSMOS-items I had payed a lot of money for before losing them again were incredibly easy to obtain. The complete opposite experience from most other COSMOS-complexes! Welp, I got everything I needed by just flying through the complex normally. It took a bit longer, but I resolved the weird chain of interlocking agents before the deadline and now CCP can do whatever they want, I stopped caring.

Also you guys who farm the complexes and put the items into overpriced contracts: You are assholes, please die in a fire.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Libluini posted:

can only get one per character, after all.) This time I planned on just wasting every single rat instead of trying to run around them, which did work out a lot better.

This way I also learned the COSMOS-items I had payed a lot of money for before losing them again were incredibly easy to obtain. The complete opposite experience from most other COSMOS-complexes! Welp, I got everything I needed by just flying through the complex normally. It took a bit longer, but I resolved the weird chain of interlocking agents before the deadline and now CCP can do whatever they want, I stopped caring.

Also you guys who farm the complexes and put the items into overpriced contracts: You are assholes, please die in a fire.

I don't know anything about cosmos missions but can you tell me how a ninja salvager can fuckup these sites?
Are there mission items to steal etc.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Orions Lord posted:

I don't know anything about cosmos missions but can you tell me how a ninja salvager can fuckup these sites?
Are there mission items to steal etc.

There are missions you could steal items from, yes. The problem is not many people run COSMOS because it's a buggy mess, so you probably will have real trouble actually stumbling across someone running them before they're already finished. Also there are some freaks who do nothing but collecting COSMOS-stuff, so if you actually are fast enough to steal someones COSMOS-mission item, they can just pay an outracious price to get it from one of those guys via contracts. If you set your own price slightly less insane, they'll probably end up buying them back from you though, always hilarious. :v:

Then there are items like keys you only get when you run the missions yourself (or again, you buy them from overpriced contracts). Some of those keys are for static COSMOS-complexes (not all of them are open for everyone). The static complexes all have different respawn-rates for ships and containers, so again: To "gently caress them up" you need to be relatively close in time to someone running them, or everything will have respawned long before another player drops by. Then there are again people who do nothing else but farm those complexes. If you end up in the same time zone as them, you could go piss on them, I suppose. Generally speaking, if you enter a COSMOS-complex and you see an AFK-drone boat, it's probably not a player running the site normally. A good opportunity to use HighSec-aggression mechanics against them.

If you google the guides you can get some pointers to the more obscure farmable places. Some really obscure NPCs have respawn rates measured in multiple hours, so if you can snipe them when you know other players are out there searching them, you can grief them pretty hard. Because of the times involved, they'll probably never know you were there, though.

Those guides will also tell you which COSMOS-complexes you should avoid like the plague, some have a ridiculous respawn rate which makes ninja salvaging impossible.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Hole squad guys - Feel like anything has changed with sleepers shooting drones? Gone from maybe 1 or 2 target switches in the time it takes to off 6 guardians to 3/4 switches per guardian, it's insane.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

MorsAnima posted:

Hole squad guys - Feel like anything has changed with sleepers shooting drones? Gone from maybe 1 or 2 target switches in the time it takes to off 6 guardians to 3/4 switches per guardian, it's insane.

Is their brain....In a box?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Is their brain....In a box?

Never not.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

xtothez posted:

That's essentially exactly how it went down. I'm not sure how much of the specifics were shared outside of director channels, but at one point we came within 1 click of losing 4-EP, and with it our staging point in Fountain.

As it turned out we were slightly less incompetent than TEST, who saved the day via a massive gently caress-up.

Tell us more about being One Click from Doom. :allears:

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010
Thinking about re-subbing to this turrible game. Who's not the poo poo covered barbarians in null these days?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Real Nito posted:

Thinking about re-subbing to this turrible game. Who's not the poo poo covered barbarians in null these days?

GSF basically won Eve (again) after Phoebe. Everyone else (except PL who don't care) imploded.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Libluini posted:

Does anyone remember my posts about getting hosed over by a weird bug while doing a chain of COSMOS missions? Probably not, but I'll tell my tale anyway.

CCP hasn't answered my question about this yet and my bug report entered a dark void never to return, so I finally went ahead and tried the complex I died in again. Luckily there are a lot of weirdos filling up contracts with items like the key I needed to enter the complex again, or this wouldn't have worked. (I don't even know how this works, are people just making alts to collect those keys? You can only get one per character, after all.) This time I planned on just wasting every single rat instead of trying to run around them, which did work out a lot better.

CCP can't solve any mysteries about COSMOS missions, because there's nobody there that knows what they are, how to complete them, or how to make them better.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MorsAnima posted:

GSF basically won Eve (again) after Phoebe. Everyone else (except PL who don't care) imploded.

This game was only ever really fun when we faced an existential threat :/

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

CCP can't solve any mysteries about COSMOS missions, because there's nobody there that knows what they are, how to complete them, or how to make them better.

Well, in a couple years, when I'm finished with all of them, they can just ask me. :v:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Libluini posted:

Well, in a couple years, when I'm finished with all of them, they can just ask me. :v:

Are these missions even rewarding in some way? Other than a false sense of accomplishment, what do you stand to gain from them in the end?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

feedmegin posted:

This game was only ever really fun when we faced an existential threat :/

100% this.

I like living in a WH because I'm in there jumping at shadows, not orbiting asteroids.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
where is the reward tier where a chapter is included discussing the benefits of afk cloaking

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

Are these missions even rewarding in some way? Other than a false sense of accomplishment, what do you stand to gain from them in the end?

Story line crap, huge standings gains and access to someone you can talk to once a year for a free faction frigate, cruiser and battleship.

I've finished all of them except Gallente (because I tanked my standings with Space Hippies in FW, seriously -9.83 to an empire faction. Joy.).

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Holy poo poo Dinsdale is back!

No doubt about that. His control over CCP internal security is clear.

That screen capture of the sale of a corpse is as clear of the evidence of goons RMT'ing as there will ever be.
CCP's response: "Please sir, can you change that to something else?"
And what happened to the person that bought the corpse? Did goons or CCP contact them, and ask them to remove their pledge so that the kickstarter mechanism would allow that reward to be then pulled down?

If I went in game and offered up a corpse of mine for any price CCP would have me perma-banned in minutes. But goons, they are given a free pass.
Every time I see CCP going on their PR campaign about their war on RMT and the fact that it hurts them most with credit card fraud, my mind conjures up a Cutler-Cortez meeting between the failed lawyer some CCP bigwig.

http://failheap-challenge.com/showt...l=1#post1406848

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
The Failheap thread makes a lot of the 'what the gently caress' of the last 24 hours worth it, we just got rid of the last of the silly backer rewards from the page.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Ynglaur posted:

Tell us more about being One Click from Doom. :allears:

Once all the GrrGoons crowd (N3 et all) piled into Fountain to help TEST, the war turned pretty rough for us. We couldn't take any new sov, and our own stuff was set on fire quite often. As usually happens in these huge wars, our opponents reached critical mass and the CFC simply couldn't match their numbers. N3 morale was peaking because allying with TEST had given them a chance to fight us with more pilots for once. After several weeks of them trying to take 4-EP, we eventually had to keep blue-balling them until it got down to the final timer. Over 1500 hostiles alarm-clocked / called in sick / etc to stick it to those evil goonies by taking our Fountain staging system, and we simply didn't have the numbers to stop it.

However a week or two earlier we discovered a couple of details we should have really known going into the war:
1) SBUs could be offlined by any director in the owning alliance, rather than the owning corporation. Yes this is dumb, but according to CCP it was 'intentional' and not a bug.
2) We still had an old logistics alt corp in TEST from when we'd transferred them some sov. TEST had neglected to remove it and it took us far longer than it should have to remember it existed.

This meant we could offline any TEST SBUs, online them again with a friendly alt and our enemies basically had to kill it and drop a new one. At first this was used sparingly and carefully; we'd focus on Dreddit corp SBUs when no one was in local, and make sure the alt corp characters weren't seen by hostiles. We'd transfer the SBUs to a friendly alt-alliance and chill until the next timer. There were some pretty amusing logs from the Dreddit witch-hunts which I'm sure someone still has; they kicked at least a couple of directors on the assumption only corp members with roles could offline the SBUs, which is why we focused on Dreddit.

By the time the final 4-EP op rolled around, TEST were convinced they'd executed all the spies and were happy to leave SBUs on the gates. So I happily clicked 'offline' on one of them and blue-balled 1500 guys who alarm-clocked especially to take our station. It took the best part of an hour to notice, kill the newly GSF-owned SBU and replace it, by which time they were looking at another ~3 hours before they could shoot the station. This was enough to scupper the op; they didn't have the motivation to stick around.
Once we'd replaced the dead ihub and repped the station to full, N3+co didn't have the motivation to slog through another 4 structure timers for 4-EP. They were also rather disgruntled at the fact a spy in TEST had ruined their grand op. From that point hostile numbers started to dwindle and fight among themselves until the inevitable happened.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 4, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Some of the blueprints you collect doing COSMOS are worth a lot. And if you go through the extra annoyance of learning (or making an industry alt learn) the necessary skills, collect most of the parts without paying insanely high prices for them and actually build them, you can make a lot of money.

Some missions also give you faction modules worth a lot.

Before I forget, running through the COSMOS-missions also gives you an insane amount of standings with that faction. Which is funnily enough the reason why I did Gallente and Minmatar on one, and now Amarr and Caldari on the other character: Mindnumbing standings repair is something I really don't like.

The blueprints are of course like Russian Roulette with money instead of people: Do good research and build the right crap and you get a lot of money because someone on the market wanted to try them out. Don't do good research or get hosed over by CCP and your money gets shot.

Take the digital booster rockets for example: Before tiericide, they were insanely expensive, but also insanely good thanks to a really incredible bonus to signature bloom. I may remember this incorrectly, but digital booster rockets had 200% instead of the normal 500% bloom and were better than even deadspace modules.

After tiericide, they got downgraded a lot and their price on the market suffered heavily.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

xtothez posted:

Once all the GrrGoons crowd (N3 et all) piled into Fountain to help TEST, the war turned pretty rough for us

The first few fights during that war (for objectives) went like this: TEST is on field, ok. We form up and go to system and engage. 2 cynos go up and PL slows come in then Ncdot slows. Fight ends and TEST wins objective.

Once PL went into tourney mode and TEST almost lost 100+ carriers at Z9PP the EU and USTZ objectives all turned into AU things. Dark Razer and Ncdot/Nulli propped up TEST for about a month by grinding tons of sbus in aussie time with supers.

We had lost 3-4 supers in USTZ near the start and put them things away, I believe that was the beginning of siegefleet as well.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

That was one of my favorite moments playing eve, being one of the few people to know what xttz was about to do and watching as all of N3's supercap fleet - which had alarmclocked like all hell to be there - cynos in and is instantly made useless by Test's extremely visible incompetence.

Probably one of the most targeted psychological attacks on an alliance that's ever happened in EVE: it wrecked N3 morale because they'd all stayed up late/woke up early to humiliate the goons and didn't even get a real fight, wrecked what little trust there was between N3 and TEST, and caused a spyhunt in TEST to wreck what little internal cohesion they had. And pretty much all due to xttz mentioning in jabber one day "hey, doesn't Joe Richter still have an altcorp in TEST?"

It was also pretty hilarious when we kept offlining TEST sbus in the station systems Sort Dragon had dropped and dropping a new ihub so that N3 would have to repair our station and then shoot it again (or else they'd take the station but not the ihub and we could just shoot the station at any time).

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VictorKordes posted:

No doubt about that. His control over CCP internal security is clear.

That screen capture of the sale of a corpse is as clear of the evidence of goons RMT'ing as there will ever be.
CCP's response: "Please sir, can you change that to something else?"
And what happened to the person that bought the corpse? Did goons or CCP contact them, and ask them to remove their pledge so that the kickstarter mechanism would allow that reward to be then pulled down?

If I went in game and offered up a corpse of mine for any price CCP would have me perma-banned in minutes. But goons, they are given a free pass.
Every time I see CCP going on their PR campaign about their war on RMT and the fact that it hurts them most with credit card fraud, my mind conjures up a Cutler-Cortez meeting between the failed lawyer some CCP bigwig.

http://failheap-challenge.com/showt...l=1#post1406848

That doesn't make sense, in 2013 CCP even made collecting corpses part of a live event. What does this talk about corpses even mean? Why should CCP be against selling corpses?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

That was one of my favorite moments playing eve, being one of the few people to know what xttz was about to do and watching as all of N3's supercap fleet - which had alarmclocked like all hell to be there - cynos in and is instantly made useless by Test's extremely visible incompetence.

Probably one of the most targeted psychological attacks on an alliance that's ever happened in EVE: it wrecked N3 morale because they'd all stayed up late/woke up early to humiliate the goons and didn't even get a real fight, wrecked what little trust there was between N3 and TEST, and caused a spyhunt in TEST to wreck what little internal cohesion they had. And pretty much all due to xttz mentioning in jabber one day "hey, doesn't Joe Richter still have an altcorp in TEST?"

It was also pretty hilarious when we kept offlining TEST sbus in the station systems Sort Dragon had dropped and dropping a new ihub so that N3 would have to repair our station and then shoot it again (or else they'd take the station but not the ihub and we could just shoot the station at any time).

I got to hear the story before it reached general circulation and I spent the better part of a week very privately howling with laughter. I also gained appreciation for our directors who keep mum about something absolutely hilarious happening int he background. It was legitimately difficult not to laugh out loud literally at everything that lead up to it.

You guys should really release those witch hunt forum dumps. I bet they are great.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

evilweasel posted:

I'd actually forgotten about those constellations we'd picked up. It was pretty hilarious making N3 rep up the stations they were trying to take because the Dominion sov mechanics were so loving convoluted and dumb.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Xolve posted:

Story line crap, huge standings gains and access to someone you can talk to once a year for a free faction frigate, cruiser and battleship.

I've finished all of them except Gallente (because I tanked my standings with Space Hippies in FW, seriously -9.83 to an empire faction. Joy.).

Free faction cruiser and BS sound interesting at first, but it seems a lot of trouble for what its worth, judging from Libluini's posts.

PS: Good luck on ever getting positive Gallente standings.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Libluini posted:

That doesn't make sense, in 2013 CCP even made collecting corpses part of a live event. What does this talk about corpses even mean? Why should CCP be against selling corpses?

I think the argument is that CCP wasn't selling corpses for cash.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

VictorKordes posted:

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

poo poo like this is why I'm going to buy the book when it comes out. I was there when all this happened, but had absolutely no idea about all that back story.
That is just awesome.

PS: gently caress TEST forever even if FA shot first.

• Locked thread