Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Ryaomon posted:

*personally knows the richest woman in the world* *is in-law to the worlds most popular hero* *is the daughter of a king* *somehow has money troubles*

Ox-King never taught her the value of a zeni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was watching Super 13 abridged again and during that part where Computer Gero said that Cell was plan B and Androids #13, #14, and #15 were plan C, I thought of something: weren't #19 and Gero plan A with #17 and #18 plan B? (I definitely didn't think of this because I thought it would be amusing if Cell was plan C)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
From what I remember, Gero didn't actually know about Cell, it was something his computers made.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Its probably mostly lies she tells so Goku can become a productive member of society and live with them instead of loving off to space for training at months at a time and visiting whenever he feels like eating her food.

It's probably this more likely. Chi-Chi doesn't really care about money so much as the image of having a traditional bring-home-the-bacon man as a husband. Similar reasons why she pushed Gohan to be a scholar so much.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Momomo posted:

From what I remember, Gero didn't actually know about Cell, it was something his computers made.

He made the harvesting bug, he should know about Cell.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
It's pretty much 100% for a gag so why over think it. It's just chi chi being chi chi.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah how can people :spergin: so much over dragonball z ffs? After we're done talking about Goku's supposed failed marriage and the mechanics of how the Son family provides for itself, let's talk about the ethics of the predator prey relationship of Sylvester and Tweety when both animals have been given agency. Or how Daffy Duck manages to cope with being shot in the face all the time.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Goku doesn't require much money for food he fishes giant fish and hunts dinosaur and has his little vegetable farm for crops. at most they need to buy like rice and seasonings.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elfgames posted:

Goku doesn't require much money for food he fishes giant fish and hunts dinosaur and has his little vegetable farm for crops. at most they need to buy like rice and seasonings.

Have you seen how much this man eats? If anybody can go broke buying rice and seasonings it's Goku.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Elfgames posted:

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Like schooling. Or property.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

How else do you think they managed to secure Grandpa Gohan's land

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Rodyle posted:

I wanna know how Chichi spent all their Hercule Funbucks so fast.

I thought it was more she bought some baby stuff then set the rest aside for Pan like school and stuff,not that it's actually all spent. Honestly Hercule is rich and Bulma is the richest person on Earth most likely, they don't have to worry about money it's more about making Goku into what she thinks is a good grandfather so Pan can be a normal kid. Too bad for Chi-Chi that Pan is a saiyan so that's unlikely as all hell.

edit: As an aside I hate that Toriyama doesn't like drawing tails so no one gets them. I'd be great Videl and Hercule know Goku etc are descended from aliens but I don't think they've ever seen the giant monkey part and I think it'd be hilarious.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 4, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is not important in the world of Dee Bee Zee

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

This is not important in the world of Dee Bee Zee

You are right. That is why we're discussing this in Dee Bee Ess. Cause it matters in DBSuper-with-no-Z-in-it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Mordaedil posted:

You are right. That is why we're discussing this in Dee Bee Ess. Cause it matters in DBSuper-with-no-Z-in-it.

No it doesn't

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This wouldn't even matter in Dee Bee Jee Tee

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Step into the Grand Tour, Grand Tour

Dragon Ball GT

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhahhhhghhh

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Pft just wait for Dragon Ball AF. My uncle's coworker who works at TOEI showed me designs for SUPER SAYAIN 5 GOKU! He has silver hair and it's gonna be totally badass guys. Now excuse me while I post about it on Daizenshuu Ex and blast Willennium.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Fite me

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i like how db is an allegory for austrian economics, with goku being the avatar of the free market and invaders from space being government regulation and destruction of liberty. except in the cell saga where dr. gero is a communist sympathizer which tries to initiate a market failure (cell) but the failure is ultimately corrected by rational actors (gohan, goku, vegeta)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Condiv posted:

i like how db is an allegory for austrian economics, with goku being the avatar of the free market and invaders from space being government regulation and destruction of liberty. except in the cell saga where dr. gero is a communist sympathizer which tries to initiate a market failure (cell) but the failure is ultimately corrected by rational actors (gohan, goku, vegeta)

*nods in understanding and agreement*

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Condiv posted:

What does that make krillen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite Dragon Ball character is Vegeta

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Baal posted:

My favorite Dragon Ball character is Vegeta

My favorite Dragon Ball character is Vegeta's son from an alternate timeline, Future (or Mirai if you're all traditional) Trunks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't agree, but I respect your decision

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

As I respect yours, Baal.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ryaomon posted:

*personally knows the richest woman in the world* *is in-law to the worlds most popular hero* *is the daughter of a king* *somehow has money troubles*

Ox-King's specifically said he was broke, I guess the peasants revolted.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

CharlestheHammer posted:

What does that make krillen

voluntary personal exchange, that's why he's goku's best friend

it also makes a poignant point when freeza destroys him in front of goku. freeza is literally regulatory capture gone insane and the episode shows that you can only push the market so much before there is a massive correction

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Real talk - in the new "multiple universes" Super developments, where does that put Future Trunks' timeline? Does it constitute its own universe, or is it a splinter universe of the main timeline? If this is the case, does his splinter have its own multiple universes with other Gods of Destruction?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Monaghan posted:

Ox-King's specifically said he was broke, I guess the peasants revolted.

That's because he quit pillaging towns after Roshi blew his castle up.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, the Ox King isn't a true king, that was basically his villain title, he assaulted travellers and pillaged villages and that's where his castle, treasures and money came from.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Real talk - in the new "multiple universes" Super developments, where does that put Future Trunks' timeline? Does it constitute its own universe, or is it a splinter universe of the main timeline? If this is the case, does his splinter have its own multiple universes with other Gods of Destruction?

Alternate timelines are splinters. And people like Jaco are supposed to stop that from happening.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darko posted:

Alternate timelines are splinters. And people like Jaco are supposed to stop that from happening.

So did Trunks cause the splinter then? Maybe all the characters and events of the main timeline prior to Trunks arrival never actually existed until Trunks used his time machine :tinfoil:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ytlaya posted:

So did Trunks cause the splinter then? Maybe all the characters and events of the main timeline prior to Trunks arrival never actually existed until Trunks used his time machine :tinfoil:

Answer: Toriyama did not think of it that hard.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
That Trunks is property of Time Kai now. Makes me wonder just how often he's needed since time travel can't be that common

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Squallege posted:

That Trunks is property of Time Kai now. Makes me wonder just how often he's needed since time travel can't be that common

Common enough that there's an entire Supreme Kai and a massive task force keeping that poo poo in line.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Squallege posted:

He has to battle his own version of Team Rocket consisting of Dabura's creepy sister and her demonic Cell/Real doll.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Speaking of Dabura, did Babidi's Majin marking come with a power boost or was it supposed to unlock latent evil energy or what the hell did that thing do? Vegeta was stronger when he had it but I don't remember if that was because the mark unleashed power he was holding back or if the mark itself was a boost to his energy or something

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kelp Plankton posted:

Speaking of Dabura, did Babidi's Majin marking come with a power boost or was it supposed to unlock latent evil energy or what the hell did that thing do? Vegeta was stronger when he had it but I don't remember if that was because the mark unleashed power he was holding back or if the mark itself was a boost to his energy or something

The mark turned two sub-Mr.Satan fighters into generic Freeza soldiers/Raditz's too, so I guess both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goku FTW

• Locked thread