Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well if you already bought those pages maybe we could do like split here and see two different endings.

If its not too much trouble of course. I just don't want this to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
That song may be Weird Al's most brilliant work, perfectly crystallizing ten years of Devo's work into 3 minutes.

quote:

In an interview on VH1's Behind The Music, Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh stated in reaction to the song that: "I was in shock. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. He sort of re-sculpted that song into something else and... I hate him for it, basically."

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well if you already bought those pages maybe we could do like split here and see two different endings.

If its not too much trouble of course. I just don't want this to end.

Applewhite posted:

I'm disappointed, but we'd better get into some hijinks in the next sector.

The petty, spiteful action we're taking here has an outsized effect on the ending so don't feel like you're missing out. I won't have time to do the planetside branch as well but given how well diplomacy has worked for us in this game it'd probably just end up the same way (but with a few more dead crew).

Update

Yesterday's completed page:

We can't hit the fleeing ship since it's doing a panic jump. Those are a lot faster (and more dangerous) than regular jumps so there's nothing for us to hit, and screw flying back to Media. We decide to take it out on the homeworld (335):

That's the fourth species we've exterminated, I think, and the second planet destroyed.
No crapulence increase but a cost of 10 ENERGY.

We're starting to run low on juice now so we could go in for refueling like SuGaBA did for us after Haldus, or try our luck in the next system, or do some other thing that I've forgotten.

Here's the manifest:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's loot the remnants of these idiot space crustaceans, refuel, and hit the road. If time allows I second the idea to leave a message beacon telling the Threshers the planet was polluted and they now owe us two favors.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 3, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let's loot the remnants of these idiot space crustaceans, refuel, and hit the road. If time allows I second the idea to leave a message beacon telling the Threshers the planet was polluted and they now owe us two favors.

All of this.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Solice Kirsk posted:

I want to take a moment and complain that it isn't any fun for the rest of us if an ACTUAL Caiman is allowed to suggest decisions in the thread. I third the suggestion to do all the things this beautiful bastard proposed

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Agreed.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

+1 to refueling

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Solice Kirsk posted:

+1 arrogant shitlords for life

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

There is no other viable choice but this.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
refuel

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

we're in crab country

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I wonder what would happen if the orgasmatron were used on the sexless threshers? Is the sexless attribute innate, or are they just deprived?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Solice Kirsk posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

I guess we're looting that planet, leaving a calling card and blowing this popsicle stand. Update real soon (like an hour away I guess)

I Greyhound posted:

I wonder what would happen if the orgasmatron were used on the sexless threshers? Is the sexless attribute innate, or are they just deprived?

IIRC it has the same effect as on any other species. They're probably not really sexless, it's just they're not sexually dimorphic even by human standards and most of the main races call them "sexless" as a sign of contempt or hatred. If you ever play through as the Disco Alliance the robots just refer to them as "Threshers", presumably because they don't care about how organisms go about shooting their DNA at each other (the Orgasmotron works on them as well, oddly)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gilganixon posted:

I guess we're looting that planet, leaving a calling card and blowing this popsicle stand. Update real soon (like an hour away I guess)

IIRC it has the same effect as on any other species. They're probably not really sexless, it's just they're not sexually dimorphic even by human standards and most of the main races call them "sexless" as a sign of contempt or hatred. If you ever play through as the Disco Alliance the robots just refer to them as "Threshers", presumably because they don't care about how organisms go about shooting their DNA at each other (the Orgasmotron works on them as well, oddly)

You can't be into disco and not understand Boogie Night. :huh: :huh:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Larry Parrish posted:

You can't be into disco and not understand Boogie Night. :huh: :huh:

I think the smilie you're looking for is :roboluv:

Update

Yesterday's page complete:

We're going to loot, get some energy and leave a calling card before nicking off (148):

And the page where we decide where to go next (173):

It's pretty dangerous to harvest energy if you've lost your supercomputer and you've got a bunch of idiots in your crew, but two things we have on our side are hull points and radiation resistance. We might still get a few console explosions or a crippled subsystem so just keep that in mind.

Before we move on:
How many days do we want to loiter gathering energy?
What small item do you want from the homeworld? (Choose from the list given in your copy of the book if you have/remember it)
and
Where do we jump to and how fast do we go? We are a bit slower now without SuGaBA but we still have the JO Crystal to speed things up if need be.

No changes to the Starship Manifest until we figure the above out but FWIW we current have 52 ship's ENERGY - not enough to get us very far in a hurry.

E:

Sorry, this might help with figuring things out:

And here's the useful item we have:

We have 8 days to clear out of this bit of space.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 4, 2015

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How many days and how much energy do we have?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I choose the Coat of Many Colors for our item if available. It's tricky to use effectively, but it can be a real lifesaver.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one day for the morons to scoop, punch it to the quiet system gently caress these annoyances
there's prob some kind of piss smelling psionic technology that we could recover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I also vote for one day to gather energy, and look for either the Psionic Amplifier or 10 Foot Pole. And I'm not sure we can pass up a good commercial broadcast - I vote for continuing on to Kitalpha.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I also vote for one day to gather energy, and look for either the Psionic Amplifier or 10 Foot Pole. And I'm not sure we can pass up a good commercial broadcast - I vote for continuing on to Kitalpha.

The 10 Foot Pole is in Kitalpha

hi how are you ♥

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Psionic Amplifier let's overwhelm our enemies with crapulence!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
We should go for the crab people's secret weapon - "The Brown Thought" They never got to use it on us but its a psionic message sent directly into the brains of your foes causing them to poo poo themselves.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Are we able to activate the Brown Thought, the Orgasmotron, and the cloacaing device all at once? While pointed at ourselves during our next orgy?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Am i supposed to infer from this that it's basically impossible to get to media while retaining Sugaba in any way? At least that's what 148 and the book structure imply.
Continue on

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

DmitriX posted:

Am i supposed to infer from this that it's basically impossible to get to media while retaining Sugaba in any way? At least that's what 148 and the book structure imply.
Continue on

Yeah you can't retain SuGaBA beyond Media.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Our ship isn't in that bad of a shape, but holy poo poo are we low on energy. Let's play it save and refuel our energy reserves for two days, then jump out to Kitalpha.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Libluini posted:

Our ship isn't in that bad of a shape, but holy poo poo are we low on energy. Let's play it save and refuel our energy reserves for two days, then jump out to Kitalpha.

Two days sounds risky..... I like it!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
2 days sounds fine, it would let our captain have full energy and replenish most of our ship's too.

Get The Claw

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Psionic Amplifier, 2 days of refueling then Kitalpha

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

2 days sounds fine, it would let our captain have full energy and replenish most of our ship's too.

Get The Claw

Voting for this as well. Then off to Kitalpha to find our Ten Foot Pole. I've been saying our crew lacks polish.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Libluini posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hogge Wild posted:

Get The Claw

Sure. I've always wanted a psionic claw.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Lets loot CEREBRO, or maybe it was called the psionic amplifier I don't remember. It lets us guess the intentions of an enemy, and even lets us incapacitate an enemy ship officer. However whichever of our bridge crew uses it has to roll for damage since it's not meant to be used by non telepaths.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Lets loot CEREBRO, or maybe it was called the psionic amplifier I don't remember. It lets us guess the intentions of an enemy, and even lets us incapacitate an enemy ship officer. However whichever of our bridge crew uses it has to roll for damage since it's not meant to be used by non telepaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Looks like Kitalpha, 2 days of refuelling (we'll need it to get there in time with any reserves left) and taking
Cerebiro/Psionic amplifier (5 votes)
The Claw (3 votes)
The Brown Thought (2 votes)
Coat of Many Colours (1 vote)
Will check back and do the usual thing soonish.

• Locked thread