Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gonna be in the music room for the next 15 minutes or so before heading off to work join me for some morning jazz and bossa nova:

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hey, Mafia Thread. I'm procrastinating at work. Quote this post and tell me a dilemma or problem in your life, and I'll do a reading for you.

I'm currently employed only part time and sorely need a full time job. I'm in the process of applying and all that but I guess it'd be nice to know my current prospects or even proximity on gainful employment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Allen Wren posted:

See previous post.
Past came up with the Knight of Wands. An adventurous, passionate person who can also be competitive and temperamental. This could be an aspect of yourself, or another person, or even an ideal. Just a person or the idea of a person in your past who was always following their heart, for good or for ill. Is there someone like that who you wanted to be like, or alternatively, don't want to be like?

Present, the King of Swords reversed. The King of Swords is a masculine, controlling individual, but reversed, the negatives are emphasized. This person (or this idea, or part of you) is cold-hearted, controlling, and needs things to be the way they want them to be. The card can also be a caution against acting before thinking, against going just by how you feel, and instead looking at the evidence around the events.

The Four of Cups inverted is your future. It's emotional exhaustion, a burden on your heart and mind that causes you to withdraw. Basically, it's being emotionally overstretched and overtaxed and pulling away hard.

There's a few ways you can look at this spread, how to take it and what it means, and giving you a path to choose your own meaning is both intentional and necessary, so take everything after this sentence with that in mind.

Is there someone in your past, someone kind of impulsive and emotionally driven? Someone who's somehow part of the cause of your anxieties? Do you want to avoid being like them, because of the influence of someone else? Is it a part of yourself that you feel like you're losing and turning into someone rigid and controlling?

The future card is relatively unambiguous in this case: Something's gotta give. This is as much PMush Brand Advice (tm) as reading, but it's probably not a bad time to try and scale back responsibilities, to try and find where external stress ends and internal begins. You can't stop being anxious until you figure out why you're anxious.

I feel like that whole reading was full of a lot of thuddingly obvious crap, but I hope it maybe helped a bit all the same?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm gonna do 100's, then get some work done. :words: incoming.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm currently employed only part time and sorely need a full time job. I'm in the process of applying and all that but I guess it'd be nice to know my current prospects or even proximity on gainful employment.
Past! The High Priestess is a card that says to trust your intuition. I don't know what your past intuition has said, so I can't tell you what to make of it, but maybe spend some time thinking about how you felt in the past, what felt right back then, and how and why that's changed.

Present is the Page of Wands, a messenger for new ideas, new identity, and enthusiasm for positive change. I'd say it's also a slight nudge that it's a good time to go out of your comfort zone in favor of something you're passionate about (especially paired with the High Priestess).

Future is the Nine of Cups! That's probably a good sign, as it's a card about wish fulfillment, about contentment and happiness with where your life has taken you.

Most obvious interpretation (though obviously not the only one) is to look into your past and think about your future, and to try and figure out the job you want, not just the job you need. Even (or especially) if it's something that doesn't really seem to mesh with the current 'you', if it's something you want, it's worth pursuing. And as a totally unrelated side note, it is way easier to do well in an interview when it's a job you're genuinely interested in or passionate about, even if it's just as a stepping stone to something greater.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

You can't stop being anxious until you figure out why you're anxious.

And you don't start winning tournaments until you start winning tournaments.

Thanks, PM. I'll stew on it a bit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sorry I can't help more than some trite advice and pseudo mysticism. Hope things get better!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

PM i procrastinate too much at work and it bothers me.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hey, Mafia Thread. I'm procrastinating at work. Quote this post and tell me a dilemma or problem in your life, and I'll do a reading for you.

I'm totally burned out from my school schedule. I'm behind in all my classes and I never get enough rest. I'm wondering what I'm gonna have to do to save my GPA.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sorry I can't help more than some trite advice and pseudo mysticism. Hope things get better!

Nah, I'm appreciative.

Just tired.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

The girl I'm seeing has two kids and I have no idea if I'm ready for that responsibility

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Should I stay in my current career field or begin pivoting towards going into law?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

PM i procrastinate too much at work and it bothers me.
I wasn't sure how applicable a reading would be, but I gave it a shot anyways.

I have no loving idea how to make heads or tails of this spread, but I'll try.

Past, the Nine of Pentacles. This is a card of diligence and good labor being rewarded. It's in your past. Did you used to work hard and regularly at your job, or just in your life? Try to spend a little time remembering when hard work was rewarded, when things not being held until the last minute significantly improved the outcome of a situation.

Present: The Empress, a card of creativity, of creating the things you actually want to create. Of nurturing and guiding. Someone in your life, or some part of you, wants to help that creative spark bloom.

Future: The Devil, reversed! This card is fairly explicit breaking of some kind of social contract or other agreement. It can even include losing a job.

More trite advice from a deadly plant: Are you dissatisfied with your current tasks at work compared to what you used to do? Is there a way to find a similar position where you are able to do a mood more fulfilling task?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I have gotten two hours of sleep in the last 50-60, and i keep falling asleep mid sentence. PM me if I owe you a reading, I'll get to them after I Rip Van Winkle.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have gotten two hours of sleep in the last 50-60, and i keep falling asleep mid sentence. PM me if I owe you a reading, I'll get to them after I Rip Van Winkle.

Please sleep instead of post tia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Quote this post and I'll tell you the type of cologne you'd be wearing too much of next to me on the train.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you the type of cologne you'd be wearing too much of next to me on the train.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It was Aqua Di Gio. poo poo people stopped wearing ten years ago. This guy had to have had a half bottle on. Maybe he bathed in it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Even though I never did learn how to do readings, I still have 3 decks of tarot cards that I got something like 20 years ago.

That middle one is an Aleister Crowley Thoth deck.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 4, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Haha in your face KEANE

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/11/tsa-airport-screeners-ability-to-detect-weapons-declared-pitiful/

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

That isn't what you were saying, but okay.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

It was Aqua Di Gio. poo poo people stopped wearing ten years ago. This guy had to have had a half bottle on. Maybe he bathed in it.

On Monday after swimming someone drenched themselves in perfume in the locker room even though there are all kinds of No Scent Policy posters everywhere. I really hope they aren't there today. I had to grab all my stuff and move to the other side of the room, people around her were coughing, it was bad. Perfume/cologne is terrible and if you wear it you are an rear end in a top hat.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

That isn't what you were saying, but okay.

Yeah its not at all what I was saying, but oh well I was tangentially right.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

On Monday after swimming someone drenched themselves in perfume in the locker room even though there are all kinds of No Scent Policy posters everywhere. I really hope they aren't there today. I had to grab all my stuff and move to the other side of the room, people around her were coughing, it was bad. Perfume/cologne is terrible and if you wear it you are an rear end in a top hat.

Objecting to perfume/cologne makes no scents.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

gently caress YES also Acqua di Gio will always remind me of the suuuper hot possibly gay boss I had when I worked at a grocery store as a teenager. He was like...maybe twenty and seventeen year old me thought he was like the most gorgeous and unattainable human being I had ever met and pretty much everyone who worked front end and was under the age of 25 was incredibly thirsty every time he was on shift and then years later I mentioned him in conversation to one of my old co-workers and they were like "yeah he is a waiter at applebees and has not aged well" but for real he drenched himself in that drat cologne and to this day if I catch the smallest whiff of it it's like I'm a lonely seventeen year old again.

TMMadman posted:

Even though I never did learn how to do readings, I still have 3 decks of tarot cards that I got something like 20 years ago.

That middle one is an Aleister Crowley Thoth deck.

I don't own the Marseilles tarot but I do own a book by Alejandro Jodorowsky about it and I keep meaning to buy the deck so I'll actually read the book. And then I keep not doing it because I've read Rider-Waite for so long that I can't make out anything in any other decks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

I wear a very subtle amount of L'Eau d'Issey, a find I made from a SA-Mart tester thread a looooooooooooong time ago. Maybe 10-12 years ago I would wear too much cologne and a friend gave me this advice which I will pass on now: No one should smell your cologne unless they're close enough to kiss you.

edit: Thinking through it now, a lot of my life choices have been influenced by SA content.

merk fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 4, 2015

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I just posted that because I wanted to complain about this guy on the train. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I constantly smell like rat corpses which is very appealing to cat ladies.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I must be a total weirdie because I kind of really love it when someone walks by me and I get a nicely scented breeze. Like obviously don't drown yourself in Old Spice or whatever, but if someone has a good nose and the ability to discern what smells good with their personal chemistry, I love it. Part of that is that smell is hell and I can sniff out even mildly stanky garbage or someone's gross lunch from quite a distance, so a nice perfumed moment is really a lovely reprieve from Everyday Smells. Really though it's the choice that matters. The last perfume I fell in love with was Balenciaga Rosabotanica. Holy poo poo it was so good.

Least favorite? "Stetson: Cologne For Your Nephew." *barf*

In other news I've been feeling distinctly uncreative for the past few weeks so I'm listening to a bunch of genius music at the moment and UGH Appalachian Spring is just as gorgeous as the first time I ever heard it.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hey Mafia thread, help me make a life decision. I just posted about how overwhelming my schedule is this semester (waking up at 5:30 every morning, taking 14 credits, a few of which are really loving intense classes) and yet I just saw an audition notice for a production of Reborning and ugggggh I could totally kick the poo poo out of playing Kelly.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I had a big cologne phase in high school where I'd order decants online, poke around at like Sephora, and use the basenotes board (basenotes is pretty legit, or at least was at the time) to trade discontinued stuff I found at TJ Maxx for things I wanted to sample.

Rochas Man and Ralph Lauren Purple Label are my go-to's in cold and warm weather respectively, with B*Men rotating in every once in a while. If I were rich as hell I'd get the reformulated upscale versions of the first two from Bond No. 9 (New Haarlem, Bleecker Street) but that's several hundred dollars and yikes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Also under the "If I were super rich" umbrella - I've been wanting to try Orphee by Maxim's for years because of some reviews and because I never liked the takes on melon that I could find but I'd have to blind buy it and get it internationally shipped for like $150 total. bleh

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Interesting discovery here, apparently the new DJ room is not blocked at my work.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
One of the few uses I've found for reddit is r/fragsplits where I can get expensive colognes for much cheaper and they still last a while because I'm not one of those people who spray 5+ times on themselves. Tom Ford Oud Wood is my current scent and I love it as a fall scent. I get compliments on it all the time and I might actually buy it as a regular thing. I tried an Armani cologne last year that smelled like I was in a high end Catholic mass.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I had a big cologne phase in high school where I'd order decants online, poke around at like Sephora, and use the basenotes board (basenotes is pretty legit, or at least was at the time) to trade discontinued stuff I found at TJ Maxx for things I wanted to sample.

Rochas Man and Ralph Lauren Purple Label are my go-to's in cold and warm weather respectively, with B*Men rotating in every once in a while. If I were rich as hell I'd get the reformulated upscale versions of the first two from Bond No. 9 (New Haarlem, Bleecker Street) but that's several hundred dollars and yikes.

Hey speaking of r/fragsplits..

Bleecker Street

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have a flat viewing tomorrow mafia thread. I've been homeless for 14 months now, this is my best shot yet at getting out of it so wish me luck.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I have a flat viewing tomorrow mafia thread. I've been homeless for 14 months now, this is my best shot yet at getting out of it so wish me luck.

Super ultra magical good luck!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Good luck Rarity!

Seriously though all colognes and perfumes are awful. If you bathe regularly then shampoo, body wash/soap and deodorant should be the only smells on you and that is plenty.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

GL rarity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rarity posted:

Good luck Rarity <3

If it doesn't work out you can move to NY and stay with me!