Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Only thing he's missing is an actual Alamo Beer can. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Alter Ego posted:

Only thing he's missing is an actual Alamo Beer can. Well done.

And shoes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dang'it Bobby!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I don't think Hank would ever allow his propane tank to get even that dirty.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Since celebrity Halloween stuff is allowed, have some John Cena (crosspost from PSP)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

(Source)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This guy gets it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dromal phrenia posted:

Since celebrity Halloween stuff is allowed, have some John Cena (crosspost from PSP)

Sell the cane hit, never break kayfabe :)

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

That is a v good Tali

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I'm super happy with how this project from our Halloween NYC trip turned out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3NDPBwQGJs

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Boomerjinks posted:

I sure hope they didn't scratch it :ohdear:

How many special permits did you need before turning the flashing lights on ?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

2/10, forehead isn't big enough.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Decrepus posted:

This guy gets it.

Does it count as good trigger discipline if you can't physically reach the trigger.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Boomerjinks posted:

Niiiiiiiiice

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Deeeeeeeecent.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No decnals on the phone, 2/10.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

He's cosplaying most of my coworkers?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Not Gree-ee-ee-eesy enough.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sappo569 posted:

How many special permits did you need before turning the flashing lights on ?

Haha, that was the very first thing that popped into my head too.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

The Locator posted:

Haha, that was the very first thing that popped into my head too.

So long as you're not zipping around pulling people over and actively impersonating law enforcement, it is never as big a deal as people make it out to be. Especially with a car that is a such a faithful recreation of a recognizable movie vehicle.

My friends refer to it as the "warp field." Normal rules simply don't apply within 100 yards of those cars.

elendilmir
Apr 19, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Not Gree-ee-ee-eesy enough.

His phone should be some kind of cobbled together POS. No way those guys would be able to afford a current phone.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

Boomerjinks posted:

So long as you're not zipping around pulling people over and actively impersonating law enforcement, it is never as big a deal as people make it out to be. Especially with a car that is a such a faithful recreation of a recognizable movie vehicle.

My friends refer to it as the "warp field." Normal rules simply don't apply within 100 yards of those cars.

I can attest to this. I was so worried about my Warbike being DOT that I went out of my way to make sure all the parts I modded into it as far as safety is concerned were clearly stamped DOT. I also made sure to use all legal DOT lights for my turn signals, Headlights, and riding gear. I even carried supertrap muffler baffles that can be swapped out for the rain caps a top the exhaust in case I got a noise ordinance citation.

Turns out none of that was necessary, I sometimes get pulled over but that's just so the officer can check out the bike. I've never once had a conversation with a LEO about the bike that had anything to do with it being street legal.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
90% of my conversations with cops:

:cop: you know it's illegal to have blue lights
:geno: Is it?
:cop: yup, have a nice day!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Then you're lucky you only ran into cops that were fans of Ghostbusters and believed your "ignorance" of the law. Some years back I worked with Troma when they were on the warped tour (so uh, 2002 I want to say?) and they got in huge trouble in one state because their vehicle was a school bus ("Tromaville School For The Very Special") and they weren't officially part of any real school district, yet still had it painted yellow. If a police officer is in a bad mood, they'll get you on any technicality they can.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

They got in huge trouble in one state because their vehicle was a school bus ("Tromaville School For The Very Special") and they weren't officially part of any real school district, yet still had it painted yellow.

Weird, I've seen school busses used as commercial vehicles all over the place, and most of them are still yellow. They do all have the "school bus" wording removed though, so it may have been the wording more than the color.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Boat posted:

Weird, I've seen school busses used as commercial vehicles all over the place, and most of them are still yellow. They do all have the "school bus" wording removed though, so it may have been the wording more than the color.

That's one of those "State by State" things. Some places don't require you to remove the "Whatever School Bus" signage, some you have to go the full defacement route.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I want to say it was some Middle-America state like Montana or Nebraska. I only helped out in my state of Michigan. At that particular location we ended up setting the stationary bus on fire, nearly blew the steeple of a nearby church with illegal fireworks, and came very close to all of us getting arrested.

And none of those particular events had anything to do with the actual Warped Tour show...

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
The difference is definitely that I'm not zooming all over the place running red lights or pulling people over. I typically only run lights the final block or two to destinations for the haunted house charity tours.

I'm sure if I tried to stop someone with the lights that all those adventures would come to an end in like 15 minutes.

The streets of NYC are also loving CHAOS. You're only going to earn the ire of police if you're preventing the flow of traffic. Smaller town cops or highway patrol are going to be only people really looking out for vehicle equipment infractions.

That said, my youtube channel is filled with clips of cops telling me to run the lights and siren. :shrug:

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Nov 4, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Related, I remember an old issue of Nintendo power when I was a kid had Robocop's police car as the prize (it was probably the most bonkers thing they gave away that I ever saw) and they had to put a big disclaimer on the contest rules that for legal reasons they had to take the lights off it.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Robocop police cars look basically the same as the real deal, don't they?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BattleCattle posted:

Robocop police cars look basically the same as the real deal, don't they?

For the era, yes, the only differences were the big OCP logo on the side.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, looking it up, they're just Ford Tauruses with like, a bunch of gadgets on the inside that aren't very future looking today, like the screen readout on reports and mug sheets.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's

Boomerjinks posted:

The difference is definitely that I'm not zooming all over the place running red lights or pulling people over. I typically only run lights the final block or two to destinations for the haunted house charity tours.

I'm sure if I tried to stop someone with the lights that all those adventures would come to an end in like 15 minutes.

The streets of NYC are also loving CHAOS. You're only going to earn the ire of police if you're preventing the flow of traffic. Smaller town cops or highway patrol are going to be only people really looking out for vehicle equipment infractions.

That said, my youtube channel is filled with clips of cops telling me to run the lights and siren. :shrug:

I knew a guy in highschool who had a lovely old trans am that he thought was amazing (faded metallic blue, had fighter jets airbrushed on the hood) and put some sweet blue blinky LED lighting under the dash. One night he was out in the middle of nowhere and decided to stick one of the light units to his roof. Got pulled over and ticketed for impersonating a snow plow. In July.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Related, I remember an old issue of Nintendo power when I was a kid had Robocop's police car as the prize (it was probably the most bonkers thing they gave away that I ever saw) and they had to put a big disclaimer on the contest rules that for legal reasons they had to take the lights off it.

The kid who won it really got screwed because what he actually won was just a beat up couple year old gray Taurus.

Kind of off topic but old Nintendo Power contests ended up being sucky a surprising number of times. Like win a walk on role in The Mask 2 (which was never made) or win a trip to the World Series (the year of the baseball strike so there was no World Series.) Yes, I know Son of Mask is a thing that exists but this contest ran in the 90s.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I only entered a few of those contests. Never won anything though. I remember one I entered was to have you and like, your whole class get a local theater rented out to watch the premiere of TMNT exclusively, and then like have a pizza party. Thinking about it, that's pretty lightweight for NP's contests.

Choco1980 has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Nov 4, 2015

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Pepsi Harrier or :getout:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Zortzico posted:

I knew a guy in highschool who had a lovely old trans am that he thought was amazing (faded metallic blue, had fighter jets airbrushed on the hood) and put some sweet blue blinky LED lighting under the dash. One night he was out in the middle of nowhere and decided to stick one of the light units to his roof. Got pulled over and ticketed for impersonating a snow plow. In July.

I don't know of anywhere that snow plows are allowed to use blue lights (instead of yellow) so that was probably the cop being nice and giving him the "impeding traffic" of impersonating a police officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread