Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

I'm currently undefeated in a 14-team, full PPR, non-keeper NFL.com league, and I just received a trade proposal. His Keenan Allen and Leveon Bell for my Julio Jones.

How do I proceed?

Mash accept, immediately. Are you kidding me? Do you really think you'll get any better for Julio at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I'm currently undefeated in a 14-team, full PPR, non-keeper NFL.com league, and I just received a trade proposal. His Keenan Allen and Leveon Bell for my Julio Jones.

How do I proceed?

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ....

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

Mash accept, immediately. Are you kidding me? Do you really think you'll get any better for Julio at this point?

What? am I missing the joke here?

How do I proceed?

Both of those dudes are on IR, Julio is not.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Due to injuries I need to pickup one of the following:
  • Marvin Jones
  • Pierre Garcon
  • Matt Jones
  • Rashad Jennings
Due to byes I'll need to start whichever one I pickup this week.

I'm thinking Garcon and Jennings have the highest floors. Marvin has the highest upside this week, but could always bust. Matt Jones doesn't have a great matchup this week, but I'm thinking still has a chance to become a decent starter as the season progresses.

What would you guys do?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
MacheteZombie..........

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Murphy Brownback posted:

You look like an idiot, but negative DST points aren't THAT common. I think a 1-2 point performance is more likely, and if you're trying to make the playoffs sometimes it comes down to margins that narrow.

Tell that to last week me who played the Packers who had -5 while I lost the matchup by 4 points. :argh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

How do I proceed?

You hold out for Christine Michael and you don't budge until you get him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

How do I proceed?

Forge an "a trade has been accepted" email and send it to him so he can have the fleeting moment of thinking he's smarter than you.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

What? am I missing the joke here?

Both of those dudes are on IR, Julio is not.

Yes. Yes you are.

Coincidentally my trade of giving Allen and woods and getting Benjamin and lacy had been accepted and went through on Monday after Allen had gotten hurt. He put up a final 9.5 for me. God speed Allen.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
This is probably the wrong place to ask, but w hat is this "Lipstick Apathy" thing I'm seeing with avatars off?

To keep it related to the thread, how are people feeling about Desean Jackson rest of season vs, for example, Hurns or Moncrief e: or Lafell? I'm thinking of starting him this weekend since I need as many points as I can get if I want to make the playoffs.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 4, 2015

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Murmur Twin posted:

Forge an "a trade has been accepted" email and send it to him so he can have the fleeting moment of thinking he's smarter than you.

I like the cut of your jib. I was thinking about maybe picking up J. Charles and B. Oliver and countering with them.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Murmur Twin posted:

This is a fantastic idea.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Is Romo a better hold than Peyton at this point?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

IKillForPie posted:

I already have Bell stashed for next year as my first round pick - hence my 2-6 team going further into the dumpster fire. I was thinking of grabbing Charles just to stay on my bench until further notice. Should I be grabbing him right away or waiting until news of his recovery? I'm assuming there is no off-season trading going on so up until the playoffs are start I can make any changes I want.

The answer to your question depends almost entirely on your keeper rules, but regardless I'd encourage you to think hard about whether you want to use one of your keepers on Bell in the first, which is providing you no real value.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Made a trade for Jeremy Hill. But, the trade won't process till Friday even though it was accepted yesterday morning.

Hill plays on Thursday. My flex player (Blount) was part of the trade.

I have no flex this week now.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

Popero posted:

The answer to your question depends almost entirely on your keeper rules, but regardless I'd encourage you to think hard about whether you want to use one of your keepers on Bell in the first, which is providing you no real value.

Just curious what would the reasoning be behind not keeping him? I guess my assumption would be that he would be healthy by next season and probably be a top 5 pick?

I am under the impression that the keeper rules for my league is that everyone can keep a maximum of 2 players off their team for their first and second round picks respectively. Assuming both RBs are healthy would it not be important to try and pickup 2 top RBs right away?

This is my first year playing FF so i'm asking genuinely not with sarcasm. If I have them sitting on my IR and they are not healthy then I can just leave my top two picks open or swap them to other players?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

Made a trade for Jeremy Hill. But, the trade won't process till Friday even though it was accepted yesterday morning.

Hill plays on Thursday. My flex player (Blount) was part of the trade.

I have no flex this week now.

Ask your commish to push the trade through if no one objects.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Ask your commish to push the trade through if no one objects.

This is what we've done in the past, it's usually not a problem. I've done the trade with the guy I was playing that week once and we had a gentleman's agreement to leave the roster slot empty in that case.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

MacheteZombie..........

Sheeple posted:

Yes. Yes you are.

Coincidentally my trade of giving Allen and woods and getting Benjamin and lacy had been accepted and went through on Monday after Allen had gotten hurt. He put up a final 9.5 for me. God speed Allen.

:negative:

In my defense, my brain is fried from updating quarterly investment reports for work and I had just come out of the meeting reviewing them where I was asked to produce current quarter financials for a company that went out of business in 2013.

Spoeank posted:

This is what we've done in the past, it's usually not a problem. I've done the trade with the guy I was playing that week once and we had a gentleman's agreement to leave the roster slot empty in that case.

My league got rid of the two day wait and just push through all trades once we do a group message asking for objections.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Chill Penguin posted:

How do you account for the 24 fantasy points they scored against EJ Manuel & the Bills in Week 7? (before their bye, at that!)

Jaguars D/ST this year: 10, 6, 2, 11, 2, 1, 24

EJ is a horrible quarterback and that was the London game.

I think Geno is marginally better than EJ, and IF the Jets have all of their offensive weapons going into this game (after being embarrassed by Oakland last week), I wouldn't want to play Jacksonville's D.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

IKillForPie posted:

Just curious what would the reasoning be behind not keeping him? I guess my assumption would be that he would be healthy by next season and probably be a top 5 pick?

I am under the impression that the keeper rules for my league is that everyone can keep a maximum of 2 players off their team for their first and second round picks respectively. Assuming both RBs are healthy would it not be important to try and pickup 2 top RBs right away?

This is my first year playing FF so i'm asking genuinely not with sarcasm. If I have them sitting on my IR and they are not healthy then I can just leave my top two picks open or swap them to other players?

Your keeper rules are basically why he included the caveat that it entirely depends. In many cases, keeper leagues allow you to retain a player for the cost of a draft pick 1-2 rounds before where they were originally picked up. This allows you to keep players like Gurley, Robinson, Cooper, or many other breakout players at a much later round than they would typically fall while still keeping your early round picks available to see what's there in the upcoming season. In your case, Bell is a first round player costing a first round pick. It adds no extra value beyond ensuring that you are guaranteed to have him. With your rules it probably does make sense to take the two best players available because they would likely be your 1-2 round picks anyway.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey guys, I'm currently 6-2, first in my division and have a really solid roster all the way around. The one thing I am concerned with is playing Matt Ryan as my QB rest of season since he has been a turnover machine and can't find the end zone.

Who would you rather have rest of season?

Philip Rivers - The owner just lost SSS and Bell in the same week and is desperate. My worries are around his ability to survive the rest of the season even though he is clearly the best QB I could trade for.

Cam Newton - The owner also had Brees and needs RBs badly which I have in spades.

Edit:
Big Ben - didn't look great coming off injury last week but not sure if that's cause for concern rest of season. I also have AB so would benefit from both. Owner of Ben needs RBs badly.

Is there anyone else I should target? Also, out of these backs, which 3-4 would you keep and who would you trade? Put my initial thoughts below.

Keep
Ingram
Gurley
Lewis

Trade
Miller
Charmander
Langford

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 4, 2015

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

MrSargent posted:

Hey guys, I'm currently 6-2, first in my division and have a really solid roster all the way around. The one thing I am concerned with is playing Matt Ryan as my QB rest of season since he has been a turnover machine and can't find the end zone.

Who would you rather have rest of season?

Philip Rivers - The owner just lost SSS and Bell in the same week and is desperate. My worries are around his ability to survive the rest of the season even though he is clearly the best QB I could trade for.

Cam Newton - The owner also had Brees and needs RBs badly which I have in spades.

Is there anyone else I should target? Also, out of these backs, which 3-4 would you keep and who would you trade? Put my initial thoughts below.

Keep
Ingram
Gurley
Lewis

Trade
Miller
Charmander
Langford

Brees has an amazing playoff schedule.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Psikotik posted:

Brees has an amazing playoff schedule.

My concern is trying to buy Brees after he dropped 45 last week but I guess it's worth a shot?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm in a .5 PPR league and I want to dump Kelce for ASJ because I am a TB homer and I hate relying on the KC offense. I also want to dump Frank Gore because I hate relying on the IND offense.

What caliber of player(s) should I be looking at in return for those two players?

Mostly I can't justify hanging onto 2 tight ends during Kelce's bye and I don't want to just drop Kelce if I can avoid it. I think ASJ will be at least as good when he comes back.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm in a .5 PPR league and I want to dump Kelce for ASJ because I am a TB homer and I hate relying on the KC offense. I also want to dump Frank Gore because I hate relying on the IND offense.

What caliber of player(s) should I be looking at in return for those two players?

Mostly I can't justify hanging onto 2 tight ends during Kelce's bye and I don't want to just drop Kelce if I can avoid it. I think ASJ will be at least as good when he comes back.

Kelce is ranked TE #4 in Half PPR so I don't know why you would want to trade him. The Kc offense is bad but he seems to be doing fine anyway.

If you are getting rid of Gore, who are your other RBs? Gore is great depth because he sees a good amount of volume. His trade value is also really low imo so you wouldn't be getting much. Also, what are your biggest needs on your team, that would help me suggest trades.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

MrSargent posted:

Kelce is ranked TE #4 in Half PPR so I don't know why you would want to trade him. The Kc offense is bad but he seems to be doing fine anyway.

If you are getting rid of Gore, who are your other RBs? Gore is great depth because he sees a good amount of volume. His trade value is also really low imo so you wouldn't be getting much. Also, what are your biggest needs on your team, that would help me suggest trades.

I have all boom/bust people and it's killing me so I'm hoping for something solid. My RBs are Lynch, Yeldon and now Deangelo Williams who is the only player on my team I'm happy with. WRs are Dez (who I don't trust to be good till Romo comes back), Mike Evans, Allen Hurns, Stevie Johnson, Marvin Jones and Donte Moncrief.

Gore is a step up from some of my other dudes, for FLEX consideration, but I figure no one else on my team will fetch anything decent in a trade. I'm 4/4 and I need to get solid somewhere else more than I need the #4 TE. Playoffs are probably out of reach but I need to gamble.

My season has been rough, started with Romo and Dez, then lost Foster, then lost SSSr. Drafted Devonta Freeman but dropped him right before he took off. Just rough stuff.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

MrSargent posted:

My concern is trying to buy Brees after he dropped 45 last week but I guess it's worth a shot?

Considering that up until Sunday most breeze owners were probably looking to shop him, probably have a better shot of getting him now after the points than before. It all depends on how inflated the egos are of owners who have him.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This almost ended up being REALLY embarrassing instead of just really embarrassing...

I'm on the left

In other news my team is hosed

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

I have all boom/bust people and it's killing me so I'm hoping for something solid. My RBs are Lynch, Yeldon and now Deangelo Williams who is the only player on my team I'm happy with. WRs are Dez (who I don't trust to be good till Romo comes back), Mike Evans, Allen Hurns, Stevie Johnson, Marvin Jones and Donte Moncrief.

Gore is a step up from some of my other dudes, for FLEX consideration, but I figure no one else on my team will fetch anything decent in a trade. I'm 4/4 and I need to get solid somewhere else more than I need the #4 TE. Playoffs are probably out of reach but I need to gamble.

My season has been rough, started with Romo and Dez, then lost Foster, then lost SSSr. Drafted Devonta Freeman but dropped him right before he took off. Just rough stuff.

Since you are in win-now mode, I would try shopping Dez around with Gore for a solid WR1, and maybe go after a high-end WR2 for Kelce, maybe can get a low WR1. I actually think you are ok at Running Back with Williams/Yeldon/Lynch but your receivers are very boom/bust.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only reason kelce is rated so high is he had two good games early in the season. Since he's been middling like all other TEs. I drafted and dropped him and haven't missed em.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This team is 3-5 in a 10 man league.

QB: Palmer or Newton
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Randall Cobb
RB: Charmander West
RB: CJ Anderson
TE: Gronk

I lost Bell and Foster. I don't know who I can trade to get back to winning. Nobody wants Cobb. I can get rid of Cobb and promote Crabtree or Stevie Johnson. Sell off Gronk maybe? I lost by .35 points this week after a loving stat correction in a crucial matchup.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Jose Valasquez posted:

This almost ended up being REALLY embarrassing instead of just really embarrassing...

I'm on the left

In other news my team is hosed

You should gloat about how hard you outmanaged him and how bad you kicked his rear end

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

You should gloat about how hard you outmanaged him and how bad you kicked his rear end

Do this

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Is anyone believing that Antonio Andrews is going to have fantasy value this year or beyond? Titans just named him 'lead back,' but I'm not sure volume touches in that Offense really excites me. Seems like the general consensus is that David Cobb should get that job sooner rather than later.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I like Cobb's chances better now with the coaching change. This based purely on the speculation that an effective running game with Cobb gives Mularkey an easy way of distinguishing himself from his predecessor.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The general consensus may be that Cobb will rise to the top but he's not some amazing talent so largely it comes down to who Mularkey favors, which could swing either way. I'm taking his comments about Andrews at face value currently since Cobb is a rookie who has barely practiced. Which would make Andrews likely an RB3/Flex player ROS. Not exciting although some teams may be in desperate need of RBs who see any volume.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm commissioner of a league and considering veto'ing a trade for the first time in the league's 7 year history. Curious as to what goons think before I make my final call. Team is a 14 team PPR with a large starting roster, no keeper consideration.

In the past 24h the following happened, in this order:
1. I received a trade offer from Team A. His James Jones (GB) for my J-Stew.
2. I received a notification that Team B accepted an offer from Team A to trade Team A's Julio Jones (ATL) for Team B's Eddie Lacy.
3. I received the following email from Team A:

-----
Subject : wrong j jones

lol I sent a trade request for Julio Jones instead of James Jones... stupid abbreviations on mobile. Can you kill that so I can send the right offer?
-----

On its face, the trade is uneven. Absolutely. WR1 for RB46. However, at draft day, the players had roughly equal value ($60+, top of the "first round") and the worst of Lacy's schedule is over. It is plausible that he finishes stronger in relative value than Jones, and Team A desperately needs a RB2. It could have, in theory, been a "sell-high, buy low" for a RB needy team where Team A is now experiencing regret. And I don't try to protect people from stupidity.

However, his offer of James Jones to me in (1) makes me believe his email in (3), and the trade really is not near balanced on its face.

relevant section of league bylaws:

quote:

TRADES
Trades may be made between two owners on a nearly unrestricted basis. There is a trade deadline (after week 10), exact time on league settings page.

Trades will be approved within 36 hours by the commissioner. Only trades that are deemed harmful to the overall integrity of the league will be rejected. Collusive trades (such as 'loaning' players for a week or two) fall under this category. Note, the commissioner is human, and if players' gametime is under 36 hours from the trade, it may not be reviewed in time for that week.

Goons, what would you do?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Our commish gets verbal confirmation from both parties before approving a trade. Regardless of it being uneven. If both parties agree then it goes through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pofolk
Nov 27, 2002

Let chaos entwine on defenseless soil.
I'm currently in 5th place in my PPR cash league (12 person) and desperate for a decent RB.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB/TE

QB: Andy Dalton, Blake Bortles
WR: Julian Edelman, Demaryius Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Donte Moncrief, Rishard Matthews, Brandon LaFell
RB: Matt Forte, Jeremy Langford, Charles Sims, James Starks, Shane Vereen
TE: Greg Olsen
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: Carolina

My league is really difficult to get trades going (there hasn't been a single trade yet), but I got a couple counter-offers:
#1: Edelman or Diggs for Chris Ivory

#2: Olsen for Latavious Murray and Jordan Cameron

I'm leaning towards taking #1 since Olsen's points would be much more difficult to replace. So... Edelman or Diggs?

• Locked thread