Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Is Jeb going to Budd Dwyer at the convention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He's not going to make it that far.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Daduzi posted:

British comedian Frankie Boyle wieghs in on the election:
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/commentisfree/2015/nov/03/frontrunners-for-president-frankie-boyle

Rest of the article is worth a read too.

Came here to post this. Anyone interested in absolutely vicious satire should read his other columns. They're all UK politics based but are a solid read even if you don't know the full details.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He's too low energy to pull the trigger so he'll probably hope cancer induced by shaming his dad does the job for him

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 18, 2016

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

is this one of those chinese execution vans i heard about

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was on the fence about ¡Jeb! until I learned that he really loves his pappy. That's what I'm looking for in a presidential candidate, someone who will randomly bring up how much he loves his dad in the most cringe-inducing way possible.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Maybe some PR guru told him to "just be yourself", and then Jeb! happened.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

H5N1 posted:

If this website is going to be about how we sit around and make fun of each other, then I don't want any part of it. I don't want to post just to sit around and see bullying become so dominant that posters are literally in decline in their lives. That is not my motivation. I got a lot of really cool websites I could go visit other than sit around and be miserable, reading people demonize my posting, and my feeling compelled to demonize theirs.

That is a joke. Make Trump a mod if you want that.

:golfclap:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I think the "Jeb is self-destructing" narrative is now a fully-fledged self-fulfilling prophesy. The media is going to pick apart anything he says.

He's toast.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

I think the "Jeb is self-destructing" narrative is now a fully-fledged self-fulfilling prophesy. The media is going to pick apart anything he says.

He's toast.

My only fear is that this is all an elaborate set-up to distract attention from Rubio so that the latter can approach the primaries undisturbed.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

My only fear is that this is all an elaborate set-up to distract attention from Rubio so that the latter can approach the primaries undisturbed.

Rubio'd be easier to go after if he was actually holding, y'know, events. Is he even actively campaigning or is he just Carsoning it up?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Vox Nihili posted:

He's toast.

He was self destructing long before the media joined in on this nationally cathartic rear end beating.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
July 21, 2016: Jeb Bush detonates suicide vest while shaking hands with victorious Republican nominee Donald Trump

"I kill for my father!" were the last words of the former Florida Governor (63)

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Alter Ego posted:

Rubio'd be easier to go after if he was actually holding, y'know, events. Is he even actively campaigning or is he just Carsoning it up?

I'm going to keep repeating this until people understand. "Actively campaigning" is begging for money behind closed doors to the Elites feasting on the finest delicacies in utter extravagance as they all laugh at poor people, for both parties. That's what a Presidential campaign is until a few weeks before elections when they just bombard the networks with commercials. Occasionally stage a photo op after the campaign staff kick out all the regular people in a restaurant or city block and let the candidate interact with "regular folk" who have PMC snipers targeting their foreheads from every rooftop in case they speak out badly against the candidate. This is all Hillary and the other "establishment" folks are capable of.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Smoothrich posted:

I'm going to keep repeating this until people understand.

Please don't.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Smoothrich posted:

I'm going to keep repeating this until people understand. "Actively campaigning" is begging for money behind closed doors to the Elites feasting on the finest delicacies in utter extravagance as they all laugh at poor people, for both parties. That's what a Presidential campaign is until a few weeks before elections when they just bombard the networks with commercials. Occasionally stage a photo op after the campaign staff kick out all the regular people in a restaurant or city block and let the candidate interact with "regular folk" who have PMC snipers targeting their foreheads from every rooftop in case they speak out badly against the candidate. This is all Hillary and the other "establishment" folks are capable of.

I'll be the first to admit that once in a while, Smoothrich's broken clock syndrome means he's right (about the candidates rattling their begging cups, not the sniper part). Contrast this with Trump and Sanders whose idea of "actively campaigning" is holding awesome rallies in stadiums with tens of thousands of people.

Although to be fair to Rubio, after his absentee voting record bashing, I believe he took some time off from campaigning to be in the senate to like...do the job he's being paid $180,000 a year to do.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

And you know what, it's working. Just by not embarrassing himself on a daily basis and generally keeping a low profile, Rubio has been slowly rising in the polls. ¡Jeb! is in a death spiral, but the opposite self-fulfilling prophecy could occur for Rubio, where the narrative becomes that he's the reasonable, levelheaded, inevitable candidate that Republicans need to rally behind if they want to have a chance in the general. That's why Trump is now going to try to ruin Rubio's brand the way he did with Jeb, but it could be harder this time.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

H5N1 posted:

If this website is going to be about how we sit around and make fun of each other, then I don't want any part of it. I don't want to post just to sit around and see bullying become so dominant that posters are literally in decline in their lives. That is not my motivation. I got a lot of really cool websites I could go visit other than sit around and be miserable, reading people demonize my posting, and my feeling compelled to demonize theirs.

sticky this

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 22, 2016

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

so fourth? sounds like the comeback ishappening!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Phlegmish posted:

Trump is now going to try to ruin Rubio's brand the way he did with Jeb, but it could be harder this time.

Rubios brand was "lets be nicer to the immigrants" not long ago, and he had to flee from it like his hair was on fire even before the base got horny for the Great Wall of Trump and a national house by house sweep to deport them all.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Jeb...

http://gawker.com/jeb-bush-reliving-emotional-trauma-begging-middle-scho-1740527132

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I know this has already been posted, but jesus christ this guy sucks at making words come out of his mouth

Jeb! 2016 - Pain is a Part of Life

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jeb@Jeb.org is the most Jeb email address possible.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I know this has already been posted, but jesus christ this guy sucks at making words come out of his mouth

Doesn't he know that the only guy who can get away with this line is the Dread Pirate Roberts?

"Life IS pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something."

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Is Jeb! actually the Giver?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

reporters looked on as governor bush drew a razor over his forehead and let blood drip from the wound until his eyes were obscured. "we must embrace our pain destiny" he reportedly said with a serene expression

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Jeb's addressing some schoolchildren? I believe we have some footage of this event--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRBHQlEu-o

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

fool_of_sound posted:

July 21, 2016: Jeb Bush detonates suicide vest while shaking hands with victorious Republican nominee Donald Trump

"I kill for my father!" were the last words of the former Florida Governor (63)

Two years later, "The Shanking of Ben Carson by the Coward Mark Rubio" becomes a blockbuster movie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Rubios brand was "lets be nicer to the immigrants" not long ago, and he had to flee from it like his hair was on fire even before the base got horny for the Great Wall of Donald "My I.Q. is one of the highest" Trump and a national house by house sweep to deport them all.

Rubio's current brand is 'I'm the only mainstream guy here who isn't a loving lunatic, the establishment has my back so fall in line or get hosed like Ted' and that's gonna be pretty solid to get him to the general!

Or, rather, his brand is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvIISDoarU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kellsterik posted:

Is Jeb! actually the Giver?

Also it's been made very clear that at his point Jeb is the taker in all relationships

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

It's definitely better than how JEB! is doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Trump's hanging out in New Hampshire today, too. I hope he doesn't bump into Jeb!

quote:

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A leading Republican and a lagging Democrat became the first major candidates Wednesday to file for New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation presidential primary.

Celebrity businessman Donald Trump and former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley were among a handful of candidates who signed up to get on the ballot as the filing period opened. Candidates have until Nov. 20 to file for the primary, which is expected to be held Feb. 9.

"Wow, this is some turnout!" Trump said as he entered the secretary of state's office, which typically is jammed with members of the media and the public when major candidates sign up. Earlier, Trump was greeted by a large crowd of supporters outside the statehouse.

Compared with other states, it's relatively cheap and easy to get on the ballot in New Hampshire. Candidates must meet basic requirements to be president, fill out a one-page form and pay a $1,000 filing fee.

"They wanted a cashier's check," Trump said. "So this is from a bank that's not actually as rich as we are."

Speaking to reporters later, Trump criticized retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who has topped Trump in some recent national polls.

"We need someone with tremendous strength and tremendous energy," he said. "Ben Carson does not have the aptitude to bring jobs back, does not have the aptitude to deal with China, Japan, Mexico and any other country you can name."

"We talk about Jeb (Bush)," he said. "Jeb Bush is a low-energy person. Ben Carson is super-low energy," he said.

Earlier, O'Malley dismissed Trump's campaign, saying while he understands that many Americans are apprehensive about their children's futures, Trump and other "unscrupulous people" have seized on that fear and blamed the nation's challenges on "people who are not like us."

"I find extremely distasteful and repugnant Donald Trump's racist rants against new American immigrants," he said. "I find that sort of politics to be base and crude and demeaning of everything our country is about."

O'Malley, who lags behind Democrats Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, said voters want a president who gets things done, not "old names or polarizing figures."

"I feel like we really just turned the corner in this race," he said. "Most voters here in New Hampshire and in Iowa are only now into that decision window. Everything prior to this was pre-season. ... And it's out of our party that new leaders emerge. That's what I think is going to happen here."

The filing period for candidates to get on the ballot runs through Nov. 20. For the 2012 election, 44 presidential candidates from 26 states got on New Hampshire's ballot. The all-time high was 1992, when 61 signed up.

In 2008, a Minnesota fugitive living in Italy sent his papers by courier to become the first to file, beating an ex-convict who turned his appearance into an erratic one-man show that included cursing and multiple costume changes. This time, the first candidate to file was Mark Stewart Greenstein of West Hartford, Connecticut, who called himself an "IED" — an "increasingly embarrassed Democrat" — and said he wanted to inject liberty into the party.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3622852a5b1b4c629b6f387c0ee3b7d7/presidential-hopefuls-sign-get-new-hampshire-ballot

I like how Jeb is low-energy, but Carson is SUPER low-energy. Someone should ask Trump to make an energy ranking of the candidates. I would guess:

Candidate_____________________Scale
1 Trump, of course____________HUGE AMOUNTS OF ENERGY
2. Cruz_______________________
3. Christie___________________
4. Kasich_____________________Average human amount of energy
5. Huckabee___________________
6. Paul_______________________Weak
7. Rubio______________________
8. Fiorina____________________Pathetic
9. Jeb________________________Loser
10. Carson____________________Practically comatose

William Bear fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 4, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

H5N1 posted:

Same, and lol

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
All right, I guess I'll email Jeb.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Alter Ego posted:

My suspicion is that Rubio's initial plan was for this to be a name recognition building run to prep for another campaign down the road once he he "waited his turn". He wasn't expecting to be in the lead either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Jeb@Jeb.org is the most Jeb email address possible.

Don't you mean Jeb!@Jeb.org?

(Valid address in theory though many mail hosts don't support it.)

• Locked thread